• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Paladins say Hi; sets haven't been great since Vanilla. Although maybe my viewpoint is skewed by how wonderful T2 was.

Of course, now I'm rooting for a set made of pieces I actually want to use, but baby steps...

Spend some time working on that challenge mode set.. good god its awesome

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
And personally, I actually like the idea of paladin sets based around the theme of space-zealot power ranger robots. That shit is awesome.

RPGCrazied

Anyone play Allods online? I do when WoW is down, or I'm burned out playing. Its really a lot like WoW. F2P though. Still a fun game. My sorcerer is only level 14.

ZenaxPure

And personally, I actually like the idea of paladin sets based around the theme of space-zealot power ranger robots. That shit is awesome.

I used to hate Paladin T5, but, then I realized it is pretty amazing for the exact reasons you just said. That set is fucking crazy.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
This is going to end up being an extended maintenance isn't it? Seems it always ends 15-45 mins early, or 2 hours later hahaha. Seeing as how its 11:00 now...

Edit: Shockingly enough, servers are coming back up close to 11:00. Thats a first.

Prodigal

Banned
Do you guys think Taurens look non-retarded in anything besides Shaman/Druid gear? I realized that out of all my 11 toons, none of them are Tauren and it's starting to eat at my OCD-like tendencies. :p

Both my Shaman and Druid are Trolls so I was thinking of changing one to a Tauren - most likely my Shaman because I love the color schemes on Troll Druid animal forms. I could also change my Belf Paladin or re-make my Priest as a Tauren, but I'd have to transmog the shit out of those to make them look decent as a giant bi-pedal mooseman. I haven't seen many of the T11-16 gear sets since I just started playing again so maybe there's something out there.

Anyway, any of you guys play on Shattered Hand? I wish I could transfer all my toons off this empty-ass server.

Magnus

Gonna be honest, I think Paladin T12 craps all over T2. If we aren't limiting ourselves to just tier armor either I also think paladin S11 is better than T2, and well, better than every single set in the game probably.

azpaladinarena.jpg

Oh shit. That looks fucking AWESOME.

Someone educated me, I don't speak PVP at ALL. How does one now go about obtaining current and PAST pvp sets? Arena, BGs, honor- -> pvp point conversions? I don't PVP at all but definitely want to dabble in it, almost solely for the purpose of obtaining these gear sets for XMog.

Berordn

azpaladinarena.jpg

Someone educated me, I don't speak PVP at ALL. How does one now go about obtaining current and PAST pvp sets? Arena, BGs, honor- -> pvp point conversions? I don't PVP at all but definitely want to dabble in it, almost solely for the purpose of obtaining these gear sets for XMog.

Justice to Honor conversion is probably the fastest way to get honor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
azpaladinarena.jpg

Yeah, if you're not into PVP at all, you can just convert your justice points into honor points and buy the old sets like that. They're almost all available in SW and Org, including that set. Which i enjoy using pretty much. :p Not sure if the red/gold version is still available.

ZenaxPure

If you do end up grabbing it it's worth noting they made 2 different versions to appease everyone. The healing version uses a skirt and the ret version uses proper pants.

Fjordson

Yeah, some of the old PVP stuff is amazing. A few days ago I grabbed one of the super old bows for transmog on my hunter. From the vendor in Area 52.

This one:

vengefulgladiator'slongbow146.jpg

Magnus

Amazing. JP conversion it is. What's the most expedient way to earn that at 90? Non-heroic 5mans/Scenarios? I wish I had one go-to guide somewhere explaining best ways to earn particular rewards. Shit changes from expansion to expansion and patch to patch. Always so much to learn; takes away from raw PLAYING time, haha.

Also very much looking for a new home on Mal'ganis. I want to do Challenge Modes, some 10 mans, have a guild community going again. Not feeling at home in this friend's guild, since they're all about bleeding edge content and nothing but. =/

Fjordson

Amazing. JP conversion it is. What's the most expedient way to earn that at 90? Non-heroic 5mans/Scenarios? I wish I had one go-to guide somewhere explaining best ways to earn particular rewards. Shit changes from expansion to expansion and patch to patch. Always so much to learn; takes away from raw PLAYING time, haha.

Also very much looking for a new home on Mal'ganis. I want to do Challenge Modes, some 10 mans, have a guild community going again. Not feeling at home in this friend's guild, since they're all about bleeding edge content and nothing but. =/
I think heroics are a breeze for earning justice points. 100 points for every boss, plus like 60 for finishing it (I think it's 60). I'm drowning in JP thanks to heroics.

sqwarlock

Heroic 5-mans offer 100 JP per boss. That's easily the fastest way to grind out JP right now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, I remember seeing that palaldin PVP set on mmochamp when it was first datamined and thinking it was one of the best looking sets the game has produced in years, maybe ever.

Berordn

So I've had this rogue sitting at 80 for about half a year now. I kind of want to level him but since he's all decked out for Herald, I think I ought to do that.

Anyone got any Alliance 80s they'd want to throw in for that?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I've had this rogue sitting at 80 for about half a year now. I kind of want to level him but since he's all decked out for Herald, I think I ought to do that.

Your Panda looks hilarious in T8.

rallaren

Your Panda looks hilarious in T8.
That's... pretty awesome looking.

There were alot of fat-jokes about dwarves, and even taurens I think, in the old days. How is that with pandas now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does anyone in here do cross realm Heroic Scenarios? I have no clue how hard they are, but my realm is basically dead and my rogue needs some better gear.

Magnus

Anyone? Quoting for second page.

I know there are some active Mal'ganis players here! Haha.

Where is the NeoGAF guild these days? If there is one, that is...

Cipherr

Brace your inner overpopulation man, come to Stormrage where there are server queues everyday, and Alliance outnumber horde like 900 to 1, world bosses are killed within minutes of spawning with new raid leaders LFM for the next kill before we even finish looting the one that just died.

Not to mention the ability to join one of the 20 groups farming Barrens mats as late/early as 4-5AM server time.

This freaking realm never sleeps. Theres always PUGS for every old instance and every new raid going. Xmog runs, achievement runs, the whole 9. Its great as a casual player these days to be able to log in whenever I have the time, and still be able to accomplish whatever I had in mind.

Cipherr

Its seemingly the one server where the estimated time to get through the queue is ACCURATE.

If it says 1 hour.... its going to take an hour to get in.

On other servers itll say 40 minutes, and then you will get in around 10-15mins later or less. haha.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Aren't virtual realms suppose to help with that? No need to transfer to high pop server to find groups, to have a decent AH, to have a game that feels more alive, etc.?

Fjordson

Fuuck, burn a mogu rune on Nalak and I get PvP gloves =[ and I never PvP.

I was looking at the loot table thinking I shouldn't since I alread have 522 legs and only need the gloves from him, but I couldn't resist. RNG for loot is a dangerous game :lol

sqwarlock

Fuuck, burn a mogu rune on Nalak and I get PvP gloves =[ and I never PvP.

I was looking at the loot table thinking I shouldn't since I alread have 522 legs and only need the gloves from him, but I couldn't resist. RNG for loot is a dangerous game :lol

I burnt a rune on him today and got gold. Feels bad, man.

EDIT: And it's not even like you get a lot of gold. Think I got ~21g from the bonus roll.

Ultratech

Damn, only 1 Runestone again this week. :(

5/12 at the moment.

Aren't virtual realms suppose to help with that? No need to transfer to high pop server to find groups, to have a decent AH, to have a game that feels more alive, etc.?

Supposedly.

But we really haven't heard too much outside of their initial description of it.

Ultratech

Yeah, gold is a slap in the face :lol I've been getting that in Throne of Thunder LFR. But I keep rolling because of the bows that drop in there, still rocking a 463 blue crossbow from a heroic.

Ouch. I've still been stuck with my upgraded Sha Gun from LFR way back when.

It's pretty bad since I've got every other piece of gear 502+, but I've yet to get a weapon drop from ToT or Heroic Scenarios.

Stupid RNG...

Fjordson

Ouch. I've still been stuck with my upgraded Sha Gun from LFR way back when.

It's pretty bad since I've got every other piece of gear 502+, but I've yet to get a weapon drop from ToT or Heroic Scenarios.

Stupid RNG...
Yeah, I'm the same way lmao, such bad luck with weapon drops. Even in vanilla on my Warrior, I had to rock The Unstoppable Force mace from AV for almost a year.

I have like 11 elder charms right now, so maybe I'll at least get one of the lower lvl bows (I think they're 476?).

Ceebs

So I got to 90 last night on my Shaman and spent tonight doing random quests for better gear (I hit 90 in gear from Valley of the Four Winds and a few drops from the early dungeons, so my item level was like 410)

Anyways, closing in on Ilevel 460 and was wondering what sort of DPS is expected from in the LFR groups? Non raid buffed and not hit capped yet seems to be around 40K as elemental on the dummy without really stressing cooldowns. Mainly just trying to get the rotation priority right.

This seem okay once I hit cap myself?

Or am I stuck thinking about this like everyone did in my old progression guild.

Kenai

There were alot of fat-jokes about dwarves, and even taurens I think, in the old days. How is that with pandas now?

I am a panda and my RL (also a healer) is a panda and if there is a reason to crack a joke about it I do. It's not just that they are chubby, but they also have the Bouncy racial and a racial that gains more stats from food. Ironically, they are the healthiest chefs in the game (they actually use a ton of fruits and vegetables in their cooking which was almost never a thing prior).

The last time I remember we were on Ji-Kun and my RL was on the nest team which has to fly around. He messed up and fell to the bottom. The game glitched, and instead of him flying back up to the platform like he should have he was stuck running on the bottom where the air current should be, unable to do anything or reach anyone. I made several jokes about how panda weight caused him to reject the updraft at his expense.

Cipherr

So I got to 90 last night on my Shaman and spent tonight doing random quests for better gear (I hit 90 in gear from Valley of the Four Winds and a few drops from the early dungeons, so my item level was like 410)

Anyways, closing in on Ilevel 460 and was wondering what sort of DPS is expected from in the LFR groups? Non raid buffed and not hit capped yet seems to be around 40K as elemental on the dummy without really stressing cooldowns. Mainly just trying to get the rotation priority right.

This seem okay once I hit cap myself?

Or am I stuck thinking about this like everyone did in my old progression guild.

If you can queue for LFR, go. Its easy to be old school and over think it, but its not necessary. With the way LFR is tuned, you can just go when you are allowed to queue for it, hit/expertise caps be damned. Noone is going to care about your DPS in the first two LFR tiers.

Now the 480 tier LFR occasionally requires half the raid at least know wtf they are doing, so it may matter a bit then. But for now, just run it and get your upgrades haha.

Fjordson

Yeah, in my experience the lower-tier LFR raids are easy to jump into. Don't worry too much about optimal DPS or anything.

The 480+ ones are a bit different. More like classic raids, have to pay attention and have proper gear. Still not crazy difficult or anything, but yeah.

sqwarlock

In an HoF LFR and the tanks only have 10k more health than me, an spriest. At least one has died on each trash pull so far leading to the first boss.

EDIT: Aaaaand, they've both been kicked.

CassSept

It's this quest here: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32549. Pretty sure you have to do all of the solo scenarios and unlock the dailies before it's available.

Nah, I think I got it on the first day of 5.2 or so. You get it the first time you have saurok dailies, simple as that.

As a matter of fact, the sooner the better because in later phases you get new options for dailies, while in early it's guaranteed you will get saurok ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom