• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

I was Boomkin in Cata. The extra DoT splitting Sunfire and Moonfire killed it for me.

Elemental Shaman is so much easier to manage with a lot fewer spells to worry about. Ascendant is like a super burst, feels-good-man spell if you have ever seen it. Pretty much guarantees your strongest spell to crit all the time, coupled with Lust, it's a machine gun.

I'm pretty much seeing that and BM Hunter as my two options. Both have their ups and downs. I think BM is a blast to play, so I probably will just go with that since I want to be enjoying myself.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
bag? you can get items from the mogu bag?
I assumed the items came from Cache of Mogu Riches, but maybe I have misunderstood. My UI becomes very cluttered in LFR scenarios, so I don't really know what's going on.

Edit: Nevermind, the bags don't contain anything except gold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bags have nothing but gold other than the Sha-Touched Bag which I've been told has the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent in it, but Wowhead doesn't agree on that

I'm pretty much seeing that and BM Hunter as my two options. Both have their ups and downs. I think BM is a blast to play, so I probably will just go with that since I want to be enjoying myself.

BM's are going to get a massive nerf stick to PVP. I think they're buffed for PVE though.

Fjordson

As a tank, I don't like these kinds of remarks. Tanks should not be held to a DPS watermark, since Vengeance really tips the scales in our favor. Our DPS is artificial; it's a "gimme." Certainly the more skill a tank exhibits, the higher Vengeance will boost their AP, but I think it's totally unfair to compare a person/class who is actively trying to gear and skill up exclusively for damage against someone who, well, does not.

Ugh, did a tank just actually stick up for deeps?! Someone stop the presses! :p
You're right, and to be honest, I didn't mean that as a judgment. I couldn't care less about people's DPS. I'm not the type of person to call someone out or whatever (especially since I'm not some elite player myself) I just meant that if DPS was an issue, it's odd they would kick someone who wasn't even the lowest.

suzu

I have such bad luck with drops, even with extra rolls. :( *kicks stupid charms*

Nearly revered with Shado-Pan. Might go all the way for the mounts.

fire mage is really fun, hella rng, but super fun :D

Was Fire, made alt spec Arcane for Dungeons (Blast = AoE, Fire has no AoE at the level I'm at ). Fire is definitely more fun though. I'll probably switch back soon since I've been doing more questing lately.

Really dislike Frost. I really don't like pet classes.

Robin64

This dropped during a Scenario. I had no idea that could happen until today.

Jfxmd.png

Well there are the Hallow's End rings. If you're a caster you've got it made since there are two Int ones (optimized for DPS and Healing, but having both is still better than 463 or lower rings.)

Haven't snagged the strength one for myself yet - only seen it once, and someone else won the roll.

Enosh

lol what a coincidence that game has pandas too ^^
also stone guard went down a lot easier today, still a messy kill but thank swapping was perfect, now just need to teach dps to not stand in shit ^^

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What? Exalted Golden Lotus gives a free epic necklace? So i wasted 1250 VP on that Klaxxi necklace? Dammit.

Berordn

What? Exalted Golden Lotus gives a free epic necklace? So i wasted 1250 VP on that Klaxxi necklace? Dammit.

I ended up using the free one on my resto set just so neither goes to waste, but yeah it would've been nice to know sooner. Would've spent it on a ring instead or something.

Yeah so after strictly questing my way to 75 I am having a lot more fun leveling via dungeons now. Not sure if it is faster but it is definitely more fun IMO. Nearly 79 now.

mileS

Klax give a ring when you get exalted! I'm glad I waited. Anyone know if any of the other reps have anything? i would assume those would be the only two.

Neki

Well there are the Hallow's End rings. If you're a caster you've got it made since there are two Int ones (optimized for DPS and Healing, but having both is still better than 463 or lower rings.)

Haven't snagged the strength one for myself yet - only seen it once, and someone else won the roll.

please do not use the spirit one if you're not a healer

higher ilevel does not mean better

Tarazet

Yeah. I bought the Klaxxi legs because I was going to hit VP hard cap, but I'm not buying anything else until I hear if there's something from Shado-Pan or AC exalted.

I was playing on my little Affliction lock today, and I wound up being one of three Blood Elf Warlocks in BRD. We had no monks either. What are the goddamned odds?

Rokam

I really hope they increase valor gains from Raids and Heroics. Something Cata did right was being able to cap after 7 heroics.

Acidote

Yeah. I bought the Klaxxi legs because I was going to hit VP hard cap, but I'm not buying anything else until I hear if there's something from Shado-Pan or AC exalted.

I was playing on my little Affliction lock today, and I wound up being one of three Blood Elf Warlocks in BRD. We had no monks either. What are the goddamned odds?

There's nothing at exalted Shado-pan or AC aside from buyable mounts. Shado-pan also gives you the Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Saw this on MMOChampion

Patch 5.1 will free up a little bit of bag space by turning Lesser Charm of Good Fortune into a currency!

Thank god, i always wondered why they didn't do it since the beginning.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ghostcrawler said it was some sort of technical limitation.
lol what? There's already quests in game that award different currencies. They have a currency UI. They can change currency amounts and caps. They can add new currencies.

I dropped computer science, but, uh, lol at that response. They pretty much have everything they need coded.

Edit: Wait, does something use currency for a quest? You can use currency at vendors. Maybe they haven't coded that, lolz.

Entropia

No One Remembers
lol what? There's already quests in game that award different currencies. They have a currency UI. They can change currency amounts and caps. They can add new currencies.

I dropped computer science, but, uh, lol at that response. They pretty much have everything they need coded.

Edit: Wait, does something use currency for a quest? You can use currency at vendors. Maybe they haven't coded that, lolz.

My initial thought was that too - because it was a quest item.

Then I remebered - Marks of the World Tree were a currency and used as a quest item as well.

More than likely GC was blowing smoke up our asses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Bizazedo

Golden Lotus and Klaxxi exalted. I smell... freedom.

I will hit Golden Lotus exalted today and be 300 away from Klaxxi exalted. Sigggggggggh....

For some reason it reminded me of WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day when they had originally planned to cut XP rates if you played more than X amount of time and people blew up about it. This is kind of the same thing.

Not being able to progress due to hardcoded limitations is insanely frustrating.

Question for you guys, what's your guilds policy on repair? Only for raids or whenever?

mclem

As a tank, I don't like these kinds of remarks. Tanks should not be held to a DPS watermark, since Vengeance really tips the scales in our favor. Our DPS is artificial; it's a "gimme." Certainly the more skill a tank exhibits, the higher Vengeance will boost their AP, but I think it's totally unfair to compare a person/class who is actively trying to gear and skill up exclusively for damage against someone who, well, does not.

As a tank, I disagree.

I'll just put aside big AoE fights, there's lots of things that benefit me there, but in a standard one-on-one fight (Feng's a reasonable example since that's what we were plugging away on yesterday) I would expect our damage-dealers' performance to be far above mine; they're around 50k when I'm only in the 25k region.

(Admittedly, I should also factor in that I don't think I'm actually all that good at dealing damage as a tank; I keep seeing tank logs about 10k above me. They might be gimmicking to get that, admittedly)

Neki

As a tank, I disagree.

I'll just put aside big AoE fights, there's lots of things that benefit me there, but in a standard one-on-one fight (Feng's a reasonable example since that's what we were plugging away on yesterday) I would expect our damage-dealers' performance to be far above mine; they're around 50k when I'm only in the 25k region.

(Admittedly, I should also factor in that I don't think I'm actually all that good at dealing damage as a tank; I keep seeing tank logs about 10k above me. They might be gimmicking to get that, admittedly)

wait till you raid, then you get the big tank dps numbers!

Ezio

Hit 83 and a half with my monk last night. Cata dungeon exp is insane, I've barely done any questing in Hyjal because I have a couple friends (90 war and 90 hunter) who can't wait for me to heal heroics because LFD healers have been so bad, so they've been running with 85 alts with me.. Feels good, so close to doing Pandaria!

Ultratech

Getting my DK closer and closer to 90...not a big fan of 89-90. :|

Finally started doing some Golden Lotus and Anglers stuff. You guys weren't kidding about Anglers being pretty easy.
With the rep buff, I was getting 600 a quest for Anglers. (Plus, they're short and fairly easy; save for the actual fishing. lol)
Sadly, I'm only 3(!) rep off of being Friendly with Golden Lotus.

Hit 83 and a half with my monk last night. Cata dungeon exp is insane, I've barely done any questing in Hyjal because I have a couple friends (90 war and 90 hunter) who can't wait for me to heal heroics because LFD healers have been so bad, so they've been running with 85 alts with me.. Feels good, so close to doing Pandaria!

Yeah, 80-85 got crazy nerfed with the pre-patch. Hell, when I was leveling my DK, I got like nearly 40% from 84-85 just from doing Grim Batol and the quests in there. Crazy stuff.

mclem

wait till you raid, then you get the big tank dps numbers!

Um, I was using Feng as a benchmark :)

Although to be fair I hadn't factored in the fact that I'm often positioned *not* to hit the boss on that to make use of the bubble or stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom