• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Man, leveling really sucks now. The quick leveling really throws it off. Questing in the zone will result in grey out quests.
Also, the redesign specialization crap makes lower levels extremely boring. I get a ton of garbage useless skills for a dozen levels.

It really sucked if you played before the pre-patch then came back to learn that you lost X skills or don't learn skills you previously had until FAR later. Made playing my Bear Druid a little wonky after that, but I adjusted. (Was really mad about losing the Stat buff until 62.)

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.

WOOO!

*celebrates*

We had a warrior way below me who was only 2-3k above the tank.
As a tank, I don't like these kinds of remarks. Tanks should not be held to a DPS watermark, since Vengeance really tips the scales in our favor. Our DPS is artificial; it's a "gimme." Certainly the more skill a tank exhibits, the higher Vengeance will boost their AP, but I think it's totally unfair to compare a person/class who is actively trying to gear and skill up exclusively for damage against someone who, well, does not.

Ugh, did a tank just actually stick up for deeps?! Someone stop the presses! :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone wanna do my dailies today (Shado-Pan, August Celestials only)? I'm sick and can barely move out of my bed ,_,

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I guess you're right ._. I've been through worse.

Here we go!

Here you go hurting yourself again because of a video game. You're sick and can barely move out of your bed you said!

Missing one day of dailies isn't gonna kill you.

Yoshichan

Here you go hurting yourself again because of a video game. You're sick and can barely move out of your bed you said!

Missing one day of dailies isn't gonna kill you.
Nu-uh! I'm doing them on my laptop :3 It was just a matter of me going down stairs to get the laptop or not.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nu-uh! I'm doing them on my laptop :3 It was just a matter of me going down stairs to get the laptop or not.

What i'm saying is that you've got weird priorities if dailies are more important than your health if you're so sick you can't get out of your bed. Even if it's just playing on a laptop. If i were you, i would just try to rest and sleep. When i was sick 2 weeks ago and left work early, that's what i did instead of playing WoW.

But whatever, your health shouldn't be my concern.

Yoshichan

What i'm saying is that you've got weird priorities if dailies are more important than your health if you're so sick you can't get out of your bed. Even if it's just playing on a laptop. If i were you, i would just try to rest and sleep.

But whatever, your health shouldn't be my concern.
♥ Don't worry.

Robin64

Poor Yoshi.

b6qlm.png

Should hit Exalted today with Tillers. Heck yes, I can get me some goats!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard Patch Notes said:
Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.

warcraft_lick2teyo5.gif

This will surely make it easier to get the mounts from Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, and the achievement pets from the old raids. Not that it was that difficult before, but now you don't have to worry about your raid member(s) wanting to join some other group.

And right, it's Wednesday, time for more LFR... ugh. The only good thing about it are Sigils of Power. And gear of course, but I would appreciate an actual challenge. The greatest comparison to be made here is LFR Stone Guard and Normal Stone Guard.

Yoshichan

Poor Yoshi.

b6qlm.png

Should hit Exalted today with Tillers. Heck yes, I can get me some goats!
What happened to me in this picture ._.

Yoshichan

Ill. Hence purple and sleepy eyes.
:lol that's amazing

edit: I hope that I get to choose one of those pandas as my waifu when I get exalted with the Shado-Pan! Tillers were already disappointing as hell when it comes to that :/

TomServo

Rösti;43551324 said:
And right, it's Wednesday, time for more LFR... ugh. The only good thing about it are Sigils of Power. And gear of course, but I would appreciate an actual challenge. The greatest comparison to be made here is LFR Stone Guard and Normal Stone Guard.

I did my LFR last night, third time for Stone Guard. The first week we actually did it the proper way, taunting to prevent bad overloads. Then people figured out LFR can survive stacking them all and just burning them down. Such a boring fight now.

So I got Light of the Cosmos in Raid Finder.

Can't find any information about how it compares to other trinkets.

Edit: Finally found something via EJ's source mirror for their Ele Shaman guide.

ElementalTrinkets-T14H.jpg

My Zen Alchemist Stone beats a shit load of things. I guess it's time to retire my Direbrew free trinket.

In addition to the new pets that drop from vanilla raid bosses, there will be even more wild pets to capture in Patch 5.1.

The Pet Journal on the PTR lists 14 possible new wild pets.

Anodized Robo Cub ( mechanical) - Winterspring
Arcane Eye ( magic) - Deadwind Pass
Cogblade Raptor ( mechanical) - Blade's Edge Mountains
Crow ( flying) - Darkmoon Island
Emerald Proto-Whelp ( dragonkin) - Sholazar Basin
Fluxfire Feline ( mechanical) - Dun Murogh
Harpy Youngling ( humanoid) - Northern Barrens
Honky Tonk ( mechanical) - Unknown
Infinite Whelpling ( dragonkin) - Caverns of Time
Kun-Lai Runt ( humanoid) - Kun-Lai Summit
Lofty Libram ( magic) - Hillsbrad Foothills
Nexus Whelpling ( dragonkin) - Coldarra (Borean Tundra)
Stunted Yeti ( humanoid) - Feralas
Sumprush Rodent ( beast) - Krasarang Wilds

These 14 possible pets accompany a 15th that we reported previously: the Darkmoon Glowfly ( flying) found on Darkmoon Island.

For a sneak peak at many of these new pets, check out the latest post at Perks N Peeves: Preview: New Wild Pets and Raid Pets

With so many new pets to collect in Patch 5.1, it's a good thing the cap will be raised from 500 (total) pets to 650!

Holy shit. They keep adding. I need to start on this as soon as I get my quests done. I feel so behind.

Tarazet

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for an alt. The Druid is my main for sure, Feral and Guardian. I have a DK at 86 and a Paladin at 85, but I want to play a ranged class, and I hate the way Moonkin DPS is now. It's clunky, strange and underpowered.

For those who played SWToR: I'd like a class that plays something like the Marks Sniper. I know there's no cover mechanic in WoW, but I specifically mean something with a relatively slow rate of attack, varied rotation, and excellent on-demand burst damage that doesn't require a lot of setup. I have all the cloth heirlooms already, but don't let that influence the recommendation, main is a LW so I can do mail gear.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
For people who have downed Elegon, in the final burn phase do you guys drop stacks or try to heal through it? How much are you guys beating enrage by? Had to call an early night, but our final attempt was 5% with about 20 seconds left and we were staying in.

Yup.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=207670/5-1-ptr-new-wild-pets-3d-models-level-90-premades

Though the flavor text for Stitched Pup is kinda disturbing when you think about it:

*chuckles* Reminds me of some of the creepy back stories for Pokémon.

Cubone, known as the Lonely Pokémon, appears to be a small, brown dinosaur-like Pokémon, that constantly wears its mother's skull like a helmet. The skull masks its true face from view, which makes it a puzzlement for many Trainers and researchers. Its cries echo within the skull and it comes out as a pained and sad melody. On the night of a full moon, it cries, for it seems to recognize its mother's face in the moon. Its tears create stains on the skull that it wears.

TheYanger

For people who have downed Elegon, in the final burn phase do you guys drop stacks or try to heal through it? How much are you guys beating enrage by? Had to call an early night, but our final attempt was 5% with about 20 seconds left and we were staying in.
you need to stay in. if you're dying to soft enrage you typically need to kill more sparks to up your dps

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for an alt. The Druid is my main for sure, Feral and Guardian. I have a DK at 86 and a Paladin at 85, but I want to play a ranged class, and I hate the way Moonkin DPS is now. It's clunky, strange and underpowered.

For those who played SWToR: I'd like a class that plays something like the Marks Sniper. I know there's no cover mechanic in WoW, but I specifically mean something with a relatively slow rate of attack, varied rotation, and excellent on-demand burst damage that doesn't require a lot of setup. I have all the cloth heirlooms already, but don't let that influence the recommendation, main is a LW so I can do mail gear.

I was Boomkin in Cata. The extra DoT splitting Sunfire and Moonfire killed it for me.

Elemental Shaman is so much easier to manage with a lot fewer spells to worry about. Ascendant is like a super burst, feels-good-man spell if you have ever seen it. Pretty much guarantees your strongest spell to crit all the time, coupled with Lust, it's a machine gun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I tanked Stormstout Brewery on my Monk and the Hunter complained that I wasn't holding aggro against his pet and that he had growl off, despite the fact I had the most DPS in the group. Not sure how that works.

I tanked Stormstout Brewery on my Monk and the Hunter complained that I wasn't holding aggro against his pet and that he had growl off, despite the fact I had the most DPS in the group. Not sure how that works.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I have yet to have my pet pull aggro with growl off. If he was making a big deal out of it, he might have forgotten it was on and was trying to make up for his mistake by shifting the blame.

And man... had another hunter yesterday... great DPS but couldn't stay the fuck off of the panels that deal damage. Three lightning strikes in a row. THREE. Sorry ladies, but this careless shit doesn't work this early in an expansion.

Ultratech

Pet was probably in Tenacity spec. I accidentally did this last night on Siege of Niuzao Temple when my Hyena taunted the boss (I had Growl on by accident), so I turned it off, but the bomb boss never came off my pet. Funny enough, it tanked the boss rather well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy shit. They keep adding. I need to start on this as soon as I get my quests done. I feel so behind.

Oh snap, infinite whelp? And kun lai-model yeti pet? Sign me the fuck up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I'm not sure either. I have yet to have my pet pull aggro with growl off. If he was making a big deal out of it, he might have forgotten it was on and was trying to make up for his mistake by shifting the blame.

And man... had another hunter yesterday... great DPS but couldn't stay the fuck off of the panels that deal damage. Three lightning strikes in a row. THREE. Sorry ladies, but this careless shit doesn't work this early in an expansion.

It isn't really possible unless your pet is glued to the wrong target. I think it might have been the 9 Ale-mentals that pop up right before Yan-Zhu, who are rooted in place.

Robin64

Seriously? Second week I've done both LFRs, rolled extra on each boss and still have ZERO loot from it all? Fuck this game.

idlewild_

No. It's fine. I'm loving the salt you are rubbing in my gaping wounds.

Don't worry, I'm right there with you! Have wasted 12 tokens so far for just gold and nothing from Sha/Galleon/LFR. Will most likely have all the loot I need from normal/VP prior to seeing anything drop from LFR/World Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom