• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember when some of my friends told me that the expansion that'll increase the level cap to 100 will be the last exp we'll see... So based on this, we have 2 more expansions left.

Luck's been on my side lately!

5smAOoD.jpg

3YTgMk5.jpg

It was only my 5th kill on Kael'thas, and I was prepared for this to not drop for a very long time

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Entropia

No One Remembers

5smAOoD.jpg

It was only my 5th kill on Kael'thas, and I was prepared for this to not drop for a very long time

Awesome man! Crown of the Sun was one of my favorite looking cloth helms.

I remember when some of my friends told me that the expansion that'll increase the level cap to 100 will be the last exp we'll see... So based on this, we have 2 more expansions left.

Quick someone post the fake blue product roadmap!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I got to around 35 before I got Ashes? I have hundreds on Firehorse guy though.

Tarazet

Plenty of classes with good burst atm. Rets, ferals, BM hunters, shamans, mages etc. Are you just looking to one-shot people?

A good PvPer will just counter your burst cooldowns with their own defensives. Oh, you popped Ascendance? LOLbubble and wait it out. Feral is really strong, not because it's bursty but because it generates a lot of pressure damage from its bleeds and has a lot of get-out-of-jail-free cards. I hope you never want to do PvE though because the raiding priority list is ridiculous.

Yoshichan

I seriously can't wait for the 5.4 patch trailer. I bet it will be awesome.
Final patch trailer in Wrath sucked... Final patch trailer in Cata sucked...

3.2 trailer was great. 4.2 trailer was great. 5.2 trailer was great...

Uh-oh, seeing a pattern here :(

Magnus

5smAOoD.jpg

3YTgMk5.jpg

Congrats!!! I was so pumped last month when I finally landed mine. Probably kill 120 or so over the years. (big estimate though, haha)

Definitely want the Blue Proto now. 'twould match me Transmog so perfectly...

A blue glowing Ashes would be a fuggin' dream come true though...

Kilrathi

Just came back to the game after quitting during 4.1, just about ready to hit the MOP expansion pack got like less than a level to go. Rerolled a warrior leveling as prot for dungeons, shocked how fast it goes these days even without heirloom gear or RAF these days. I want hit 90 soon and be raid ready before college starts up again

strafer

Just came back to the game after quitting during 4.1, just about ready to hit the MOP expansion pack got like less than a level to go. Rerolled a warrior leveling as prot for dungeons, shocked how fast it goes these days even without heirloom gear or RAF these days. I want hit 90 soon and be raid ready before college starts up again

Welcome back. :)

Got Mount #184 with the ZG raptor. Got the panther only about a week ago. Took roughly 50-70 kills to get both so it'll be nice to knock that out of my daily rotation. But it also means I'm really low on daily things to do. I'm exalted with most all reps and there's not too many mounts left for me to solo. I've still got my weekly raids (TK, Malygos, Alysrazor in Firelands), the non-heroics (Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle, Stratholme), and the grinds (Alani and Dino Island bones). I've barely ran Stonecore in the last ten days after hitting 250 Slabhide kills so I'll likely pick that habit back up as five kills (the limit in an hour) takes just under 15 minutes. With six Sky Shards and nearly 5,000 bones I'm also making steady progress on the grinds.

I actually cancelled my account with the intention of doing so now and starting back up likely when 5.4 hits but I timed it poorly and cancelled right after renewal and since I can play up through the beginning of September there's a decent chance 5.4 will be out by then. But I'm definitely feeling some burn out. I don't mind hopping on for my daily 20-30 minutes to do a few things but raiding has lost a lot of the allure. SoO should change that though.

Oh, and only need three more Titan Runestones and then I'll be done with ToT. That's actually pretty exciting, too. I'm hoping that'll be two more weeks.

leveling 70 to 80 without being vinculated is very long, most of the missions are 30k exp and dungeons are less rewarding than MoP dungeons.

TimeKillr

So it finally happened tonight!

ZXnzZ47.png

I got Soul Barrier off my loot roll, which I'm crazy ecstatic about as it replaced my Relic of Niuzao.

What's funny is as I said we got him down to 1-2% a lot last night.. Tonight, first attempt, and we get the kill with nobody dead!

What an awesome feeling. I've never been in a raid group that was able to finish a tier before the new one comes out.

Cipherr

LFR Primordius always gives some terrible terrible Recount charts.

chROIQe.png

You are on the same group I am in. I have seen much worse in LFR lol. And theres all the spanish like someone mentioned from time to time. Fuck I hate that, its not so bad when you cannot communicate in a 25 man where like 10 people are expendable anyway, but in the 5 man runs as a healer I loathe it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Just popping in. Before I upgraded my PC, I was able to run 10 mans fine but 25 man LFR gave me literally 5 fps. I wonder how many of those 2k dpsers can't do anything, lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You are on the same group I am in. I have seen much worse in LFR lol. And theres all the spanish like someone mentioned from time to time. Fuck I hate that, its not so bad when you cannot communicate in a 25 man where like 10 people are expendable anyway, but in the 5 man runs as a healer I loathe it.

5 mans are very easy anyway, so its not much of a problem.

But try to explain a LFR boss to a group where 25% of the players might not even speak english. Fun times with Durumu or Lei Shen.

vocab

Got Mount #184 with the ZG raptor. Got the panther only about a week ago. Took roughly 50-70 kills to get both so it'll be nice to knock that out of my daily rotation. But it also means I'm really low on daily things to do. I'm exalted with most all reps and there's not too many mounts left for me to solo. I've still got my weekly raids (TK, Malygos, Alysrazor in Firelands), the non-heroics (Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle, Stratholme), and the grinds (Alani and Dino Island bones). I've barely ran Stonecore in the last ten days after hitting 250 Slabhide kills so I'll likely pick that habit back up as five kills (the limit in an hour) takes just under 15 minutes. With six Sky Shards and nearly 5,000 bones I'm also making steady progress on the grinds.

I actually cancelled my account with the intention of doing so now and starting back up likely when 5.4 hits but I timed it poorly and cancelled right after renewal and since I can play up through the beginning of September there's a decent chance 5.4 will be out by then. But I'm definitely feeling some burn out. I don't mind hopping on for my daily 20-30 minutes to do a few things but raiding has lost a lot of the allure. SoO should change that though.

Oh, and only need three more Titan Runestones and then I'll be done with ToT. That's actually pretty exciting, too. I'm hoping that'll be two more weeks.

Ya, i'm feeling that burn out too. That's how wow has always been for me. I look forward to 5.4, but i don't think I can make it.

CassSept

Final patch trailer in Wrath sucked... Final patch trailer in Cata sucked...

3.2 trailer was great. 4.2 trailer was great. 5.2 trailer was great...

Uh-oh, seeing a pattern here :(

2.1 trailer was great. 2.4 final patch trailer in TBC was great.

The better the general content the better the trailers. I think this is the best general parallel one can make, there are very few exceptions to that (3.2, though one could argue if that trailer was really that great).

Yoshichan

2.1 trailer was great. 2.4 final patch trailer in TBC was great.

The better the general content the better the trailers. I think this is the best general parallel one can make, there are very few exceptions to that (3.2, though one could argue if that trailer was really that great).

See, everything about TBC was great... that's the thing.

Robin64

So the new heirlooms won't come from LFR?

Eh, I feel like I'm done with WoW. Was a fun ride, but it's going in a direction that's not suitable for my play style. No new dungeons was a huge kick in the teeth for people like me.

CassSept

Huh, reading these blue tweets is sometimes hilarious, some of these guys are delusional

I'm sorry, how long has ToT heroic taken to clear? A few weeks? So compare that to the Sunwell and BT? Which took MONTHS...

I can see a case being made for Sunwell (even if top guilds cleared instantly, much much faster than ToT hc, that place was still hellish for others), but Black Temple? Oh wow haha

Westlo

So the new heirlooms won't come from LFR?

Well if they only work after level 90 just level your first character like normal and than when you're level 95 or 100 (whatever the next cap is) their will be heirloom weapon runs for garrosh anyway that will be trivial at that level.

ch0mp

yeah I figured as much

but then I guess people would rage on shamans for rolling on axes and maces
You can wack on a 2 hander for some massive numbers in PvP but you won't be able to (or need to) lava lash. Mostly a gimmick but pretty fun.

Entropia

No One Remembers
yeah I figured as much

but then I guess people would rage on shamans for rolling on axes and maces

They'd have to start offering 2h Agi Maces and Axes. The 2h maces could be used by Druids as well, but they'd only be able to use 2h Axes.. Most guilds probably only have 1 or 2 Enhance Shaman.

TimeKillr

I hope the stats on these heirloom weapons change a bit.

Blood DKs use 2-handers. The only 2-hander we can use in that is an axe that has 2 bad stats - haste (by far our worst) and crit (which really doesn't do shit for us).

Thanks Blizz! You're giving awesome 1-handed tanking weapons with mastery, tanking shields, the whole shebang, while we get a haste/crit weapon. :(

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
legendaryquests5.4d6jlw.png

Source: http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33360

Added yesterday (for Build 17271 I think, though I haven't the PTR client installed so can't check at the moment). I'm unsure of what RRP means in this context, it may be something really obvious though. Anyway, a weekly legendary quest for every boss in Siege of Orgrimmar, not something I've read about before. Of course, it's the PTR so it may not be implemented for live servers.

I haven't played since the end of December. If I were to re-sub, how hard will it be to get back into all of the daily quests and new changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom