• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rösti;75537895 said:
legendaryquests5.4d6jlw.png

Source: http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33360

Added yesterday (for Build 17271 I think, though I haven't the PTR client installed so can't check at the moment). I'm unsure of what RRP means in this context, it may be something really obvious though. Anyway, a weekly legendary quest for every boss in Siege of Orgrimmar, not something I've read about before. Of course, it's the PTR so it may not be implemented for live servers.

I would assume this is just the background thing that checks if you're on the legendary chance and then has a proc chance to drop a legendary item (Sigils, Secrets, Runestones) on a once-a-week basis per boss. The only thing that stands against this idea is that only the first eight bosses (first two wings) are supposed to drop legendary quest items for catching up and this is for all fourteen bosses minus the first one. So either it's something different, they're testing it for nearly all the bosses, or it's just PTR and they'll tidy it up for the correct bosses soon enough.

Edit:
I haven't played since the end of December. If I were to re-sub, how hard will it be to get back into all of the daily quests and new changes?

Not that hard at all. Not sure how geared you were before you left but you only need 480 to enter Throne of Thunder. You can now get 502 boots from a small quest chain added in 5.3. There's also plenty of valor gear at 522 and some 5.3 gear added on a weekly quest that's 489, I believe. So catching back up gear-wise is fairly speedy. Not to mention drops in LFR and you can upgrade gear with valor and justice points as well. I'm not a fan of the weekly quest thing in the Barrens they added in 5.3 but the 5.2 daily island has plenty of content and is a good place to grind out rep for the Black Prince if you wish to get into the Legendary stuff. There's plenty to do there and if you're geared for LFR you shouldn't have too many problems there.

mclem

I would assume this is just the background thing that checks if you're on the legendary chance and then has a proc chance to drop a legendary item (Sigils, Secrets, Runestones) on a once-a-week basis per boss. The only thing that stands against this idea is that only the first eight bosses (first two wings) are supposed to drop legendary quest items for catching up and this is for all fourteen bosses minus the first one. So either it's something different, they're testing it for nearly all the bosses, or it's just PTR and they'll tidy it up for the correct bosses soon enough.

Wouldn't it just be for whatever the *new* Legendary McGuffin is?

Tacitus_

I haven't played since the end of December. If I were to re-sub, how hard will it be to get back into all of the daily quests and new changes?

If you have gold saved, you can catch up pretty much instantly. Buy a couple of Blood Spirits and get yourself the crafted hands/chest, do the barrens weekly for a free epic each week and you get epic shoes from the lead up questline as well. Go to the Isle of Thunder, do the timed scenario for some coins and roll through the first tier of LFR. Also look into getting one of those Reborn weapons from a blacksmith. My DK got into the Throne of Thunder LFR on the second reset at max level.
E: oh and do the heroic scenario quest when you get the ilvl required for them. You get a guaranteed epic from it.

Cipherr

Except having to bench people in order to progress in Sunwell.. wait nevermind, they benched mages in favour of warlocks. It was nice doing top DPS by spamming one button with occasional life taps.

Also except Hunters being able to boil 90% of their rotation down to a macro that could just be bound to a single button.

BC was pretty damn awesome, but it wasn't flawless. It had its issues, tons of them. I personally like BC for how many tiers of raiding it had. It had a lot. Kara through Sunwell. Shitload of raiding content for a single expansion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Also except Hunters being able to boil 90% of their rotation down to a macro that could just be bound to a single button.

BC was pretty damn awesome, but it wasn't flawless. It had its issues, tons of them. I personally like BC for how many tiers of raiding it had. It had a lot. Kara through Sunwell. Shitload of raiding content for a single expansion.

Too bad only 10% of its playerbase saw all of them. Probably even less.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wouldn't it just be for whatever the *new* Legendary McGuffin is?

There isn't one; if you have completed the Legendary line through 5.3, you will gain the legendary quality cloak on the first day of 5.4.

Cipherr

Too bad only 10% of its playerbase saw all of them. Probably even less.

It was a little better by then though, at least not from what I remember. In classic, tons of guilds never saw anything past Vael, but in BC I think many people were able to get in those smaller guilds clearing Kara and maybe a boss or three in SSC, Mt Hyjal and perhaps the first boss (and the beginning trash) of Tempest Keep. And Im sure those smaller guilds were doing a boss or two of Zul'Aman too.

I mean, IMO thats a nice increase from classic where smaller guilds and the average player probably only saw early ZG, Molten Core and Razorgore.

Plus BC introduced Heroic instances, this gave more casual players another way to play the game and progress their character and see challenges, it also introduced daily quests which was yet again, something for them to do. Toss in trimmed down raid sizes from 40 to 25, and BC was indeed reaaaaally good. I still cannot put it above WOTLK though.

I haven't been reading up on it, but don't you have to do a bunch of shit on the Timeless Isle first??

Yeah, it's not like logging on and you have a quest to see Wrathion and he says congrats. Looking over the quests it mostly amounts to going to the Timeless Isle and defeating four of the five world bosses there. So sure, you can get your legendary cloak the day 5.4 hits but there's still stuff to do. Just not a raid item to collect over weeks.

Edit:
Plus BC introduced Heroic instances, this gave more casual players another way to play the game and progress their character and see challenges, it also introduced daily quests which was yet again, something for them to do. Toss in trimmed down raid sizes from 40 to 25, and BC was indeed reaaaaally good. I still cannot put it above WOTLK though.

Maybe DPS really didn't have to worry as much but as a tank in BC Heroics were not made for casual players at all. It took a ton of work to get geared for it and I was having a much easier time doing Kara and Gruul's each week than even trying a heroic. I was playing BC mainly towards the end and I was doing those raids weekly and that was in an attempt to still get gear so that the first pull of trash in heroic Slave Pens couldn't kill me in five seconds. Heroics in BC were far from casual content.

Kilrathi

Just hit the MOP zones and the frame rate hit is pretty big from 100 to 40ish (Core i7 2600 8gb DDR1333, P67 mobo, and a 7950 video card) loving the zones so far

Tacitus_

Maybe DPS really didn't have to worry as much but as a tank in BC Heroics were not made for casual players at all. It took a ton of work to get geared for it and I was having a much easier time doing Kara and Gruul's each week than even trying a heroic. I was playing BC mainly towards the end and I was doing those raids weekly and that was in an attempt to still get gear so that the first pull of trash in heroic Slave Pens couldn't kill me in five seconds. Heroics in BC were far from casual content.

Some of the jeroics were just hilariously tuned. Slave pens had those two naga packs that did ridiculous damage and occasionally put up a long duration spell reflect. Then there was the instqnce that kept the Raggy recolor, good grief the trash in there was numerous and hard. Oh and Shattered Halls! And Alcatraz!

But still, they were casual in the way the they didn't take much of your time to complete, just skill.

Richardbro

Neo Member
Looking forward to patch 5.4, looks absolutely great.

Hopefully I'll finally hit the 200 mount mark as I'm still sitting at 183.

Also, a flex-raid GAF run would be amazing.

Fjordson

Man, I'm definitely all the way back into this game. Three days into this family trip I'm on and I'm already wishing I could play lmao. Out of the country for two weeks!

Also, a flex-raid GAF run would be amazing.
That's what I was thinking. Seems like a cool feature in general.

strafer

Man, I'm definitely all the way back into this game. Three days into this family trip I'm on and I'm already wishing I could play lmao. Out of the country for two weeks!

That's what I was thinking. Seems like a cool feature in general.

That's WoW for you. It's addicting as a motherfucker.

Jag

I remember when some of my friends told me that the expansion that'll increase the level cap to 100 will be the last exp we'll see... So based on this, we have 2 more expansions left.

Garrosh will drop a new type of Heirloom that will work on levels 90-100. Only in raid or flex, not LFR.

Netherwing done! Skyguard will be too, soon.

I honestly believe Netherwing was one of my least favorites. It doesn't help that I did it at the end of Cata on a PVP server right when CRZ went into effect so there were hours at a time where 20+ horde were camping the quest turn-in area and murdering any alliance that got near. That was really pleasant.

sqwarlock

I honestly believe Netherwing was one of my least favorites. It doesn't help that I did it at the end of Cata on a PVP server right when CRZ went into effect so there were hours at a time where 20+ horde were camping the quest turn-in area and murdering any alliance that got near. That was really pleasant.

I'm so thankful I did Netherwing during WotLK and Outland was all but deserted.

cdyhybrid

Do opposite faction mounts count towards your total? I don't have any Alliance characters, so if I leveled one up and got all the racial mounts, would they count?

I'm thinking about coming back for a month or 2 to fuck around and do some pvp for a bit. I haven't played in like 2 years and i'm wondering how long it will take me to actually get the game up to date. This is a new computer and i don't even have vanilla installed, is there any way to speed up the process?

Tamanon

Banned
I'm thinking about coming back for a month or 2 to fuck around and do some pvp for a bit. I haven't played in like 2 years and i'm wondering how long it will take me to actually get the game up to date. This is a new computer and i don't even have vanilla installed, is there any way to speed up the process?

Downloading the client from Blizz's site should get you up to date in one download. Might just take a little time optimizing.

Fjordson

That's WoW for you. It's addicting as a motherfucker.
I'm thinking "fuck, 14 missed days for the Raven mount run and the ZG panther. No hitting valor cap this week. No sigils of wisdom for the legendary cloak this week!" WoW's claws are back in me.

Though right before I left I did manage to tame Sambas so that was good :lol

strafer

I'm thinking "fuck, 14 missed days for the Raven mount run and the ZG panther. No hitting valor cap this week. No sigils of wisdom for the legendary cloak this week!" WoW's claws are back in me.

Though right before I left I did manage to tame Sambas so that was good :lol

hell yeah, missing out on precious farming time.

Eiolon

What's up with the Battle.net desktop app? It just gives me links to the websites for the games or account management. Why do I need to use up my disk space for links to their sites?

Tamanon

Banned
What's up with the Battle.net desktop app? It just gives me links to the websites for the games or account management. Why do I need to use up my disk space for links to their sites?

Well, it lets you stay logged in to Battle.Net without having to each time you open WoW or another game.

Berordn

It replaces the individual launchers for all their games, and has a unified login for all of them so you no longer have to log in after launching the games. Eventually it'll have chat support, allowing you to communicate with RealID or Battletag friends online in any game, like you can do in-game in Starcraft, WoW or D3.

Ultratech

Funny enough, when I did Netherwing back in BC, it wasn't all that bad.

Probably the biggest pain in the ass I had with that was the final race because of the fucking meteors. Felt SO GOOD when I finally beat that and got my mount speed trinket.

Skyguard was pretty boring and long since it was a bunch of stuff and got repetitive after a while. Being King of the Ogres was pretty awesome though.

It replaces the individual launchers for all their games, and has a unified login for all of them so you no longer have to log in after launching the games. Eventually it'll have chat support, allowing you to communicate with RealID or Battletag friends online in any game, like you can do in-game in Starcraft, WoW or D3.

Pretty much. I've been using it for about a week now and it's alright.

Tacitus_

I'm kinda peeved that they don't count the dailies you did before wotlk into your total tally. I did so many fucking dailies in tbc when they introduced them. Had one of the first Netherdrakes on my server too.

strafer

So this Timeless Isle place is rather awesome.

Also the rate at which you get the coins is crazy. Didn't think it would be so easy, but who cares.

Also the armors that drops are bound to your account which means you can farm those and send it to alts..I think.

Nice.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Don't flex raids require 10 minimum anyway? You guys could just be doing xserver raids right now..well, 10 of you.

Just hit the MOP zones and the frame rate hit is pretty big from 100 to 40ish (Core i7 2600 8gb DDR1333, P67 mobo, and a 7950 video card) loving the zones so far
I've always wondered why WoW took such a performance hit in mists. It's annoying.

I haven't played for 2 months negates the new stuff for 5.4? Is there something I can read that catches me up?

CassSept

Hmmm, how many people from Europe play WoW and populate this thread? Doing some spreadsheet would be an interesting experiment to gauge the possibility of GAF flex group.

I've always wondered why WoW took such a performance hit in mists. It's annoying.

It happens all the time. WotLK massacred my PC, Dalaran was absolute hell. Even Shatt wasn't that laggy and there were hundreds of people in single bank area at peak hours. Then I remember ICC was the next blow, that raid was causing a lot of unexpected frame drops. Next expansion will make things even prettier (tech-wise) and require even more processing power.

zerosum

Back in for some casual fun after burning out from the Thunder King patch. It's funny how you can still feel lost after being away for a couple moths in a game that you've played off and on for six years.

Don't know how long I'll make it, but I want to be sure to see Garrosh go down.

Oh, and the new launcher is awesome. Auto sign in. All Blizzard games. No logging in and out to switch games and accounts. Updates all games.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I don't believe you can do cross-realm raids currently. I mean you could group up and queue for LFR perhaps, but thats not quite the same.

Hm, maybe I'm mistaken, but people make groups for current raids on OQ all the time. Or at least I see MSV and ToES on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom