• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

The new launcher is open to everyone? Ah man, I can't wait to get back home and play next week :lol

I really want to get back to my rogue alt I made right before I left. I've never played a rogue past level 29. Made one with every available heirloom, including +15 agi enchants on dual heart seekers and on the 2.80 speed mace.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pics of the launcher!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Download it yourself dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Wtf I don't have WoW!

sqwarlock

Pics of the launcher!

UbcZByj.jpg

5nHh9aJ.jpg

YPz3rOn.jpg

I like the look of it.

Yoshichan

holy tits that's a good launcher

strafer

Dammit, makes me all wet thinking about the music for the next expansion, if it's burning legion centered.

Lots of good music there.

Hope Jeremy Soule does some again.

He did Skyrim.

RPGCrazied

Why are they removing character features from the armory? Is it really that time consuming? My guess is they are letting people go in the web department, but still this is pretty crappy. I use that all the time.

Tamanon

Banned
Why are they removing character features from the armory? Is it really that time consuming? My guess is they are letting people go in the web department, but still this is pretty crappy. I use that all the time.

Well, it'll still be available via API so you'll still have access to it on various sites. It was pretty redundant though.

Berordn

Chances are the upkeep isn't worth it when they're adding a lot of things that need QA every patch, since people just end up looking at other sites that track those things more reliably.

I will miss seeing all the mounts revealed with an image of the model before we're supposed to know they exist or are obtainable though.

Ultratech

Finally went and did my first actual go at MSV normal.

Wasn't too bad considering most of us outgeared the place. lol

Sucks that I ended up dying on the last bosses since we had a shitty Bear tank that couldn't dance and died, which drew aggro to me and I was two-shotted immediately. :(

Apparently not enough people used it or looked at it enough.

I liked poking through there though. :(

holy tits that's a good launcher

It really is. Very nice on the eyes.

Resubbed yesterday and already jumped ten iLVLs. Partly due to some luck in LFR and partly due to me quitting with damned near the weekly amount of VP.

I don't know for how long this run will last, but I am already re-addicted!

Westlo

I need tips on farming gold =[ I only have 30k and I really want a swift spectral tiger. =[

Stock up on cheap raw mats like ghost iron ore, exotic leather, windwool cloth (turn into bolts) and sell after 5.4 releases. The problem is I have no idea what's cheap for your server so you have to do that work yourself, use a site like the undermine journal and/or WoWuction's to give you the idea of what's avg price on your realm.

I stockpiled a lot of ghost iron ore for 5.2 but stopped because most of the top goldmakers were saying not to stock to much.... well a good price went from 35g a stack to 60g a stack after 5.2 and has stayed that way up until now. I expect it to hit much higher during the start of 5.4 and settle in the 70-80 range, especially if Blizz does another bot banwave.

I'm only @ 408k gold atm (65k alliance, rest horde) but I have a lot of stock waiting to sell in 5.4. On horde alone I have 7k ghost iron ore, 189 living steel (nearly 100k worth at current prices), 342 sha crystals, 876 vermillion onyx's (and with no epic gems confirmed for 5.4...), 416 pri rubys, 2100 bolts of windwool etc. And these totals will continue to rise since I have my price points of where I buy stuff, and I adjust according like sha crystals under 300g was a good buy but now it's more like under 260g.

Gems and MOP Blues were my main money makers, I don't bother with gems now since the prices have fallen too much but I used to make 20k a day easy the first few days after a reset. MOP blues can go from stuff all to 10k a day on each faction. I used to only buy the cheap, wrongly listed (hey this blue sword is prob only worth 100g) items but now I buy something @ 1000g if i know i can sell it for 2k, even if it takes a month.

The Consortium WoW Gold Forums are a good place to get started, as well as some wow gold blogging sites, don't pay for anything period, too much information is out free as it is to pay for gold guides. BUt seriously your realm is a big factor, I know I couldn't sell my MOP blues at the prices I list on low pop realms compared to Frostmourne. And the upcoming shared realms would make me uneasy playing on those realms and stocking up. But yeah what's your realm and faction?

sqwarlock

I'm considering doing a faction change/server move on my rogue. Going from Illidan/Blood Elf to Sargeras/Night Elf. I wouldn't mind leveling her up to 90 on Illidan if I were in a good social guild like I have on Sargeras. Unfortunately, leveling would be a very quiet experience and I'd rather have the social aspect than anything else.

Pros/cons to this?

Yoshichan

Why did you quit to begin with? You were always one of the people I associated WoW with.
Every problem and life changing situations happened, all at the same time - I could've played like, max an hour a week for 5 months... Thought at that point that I might as well gg out of this and return when I've stabilized my life :3.

Tarazet

Guys how are monks? Fun to play? Also how do they do in PvP?

Monks are a lot of fun, and the current PvE content seems tailor made for them - at least Brewmasters and Mistweavers. WW has almost nothing to offer a raid, beyond some underpowered off-healing, and they have no opening burst, so on encounters where you hit lust from the gun, they're one of the worst classes to bring. I don't do PvP so can't comment there.

strafer

Every problem and life changing situations happened, all at the same time - I could've played like, max an hour a week for 5 months... Thought at that point that I might as well gg out of this and return when I've stabilized my life :3.

Pretty much for me too.

Berordn

Monks are a lot of fun, and the current PvE content seems tailor made for them - at least Brewmasters and Mistweavers. WW has almost nothing to offer a raid, beyond some underpowered off-healing, and they have no opening burst, so on encounters where you hit lust from the gun, they're one of the worst classes to bring. I don't do PvP so can't comment there.

In terms of utility Windwalker's not that great but they're one of the strongest melee damage dealers right now, and do spectacularly on AoE and movement in the right hands. They do bring Crit, on the off chance you don't have a mage in the raid, so that's also nice.

Plus they're just fun to play in general. In PvP they can be really tricky and really annoying in the right hands, I enjoyed doing 2s on mine.

Guys how are monks? Fun to play? Also how do they do in PvP?

I just hit 90 on my Mistweaver monk yesterday and was playing at ~1800 in greens with a Ret friend of mine. Coming from having played a Disc Priest for years, it was a bit hard to fathom the amount of mobility, utility, survivability, and offense pressure they had comparatively (with Disc, I was mostly used to lots and lots of the last one). I think they're underrepresented at top levels of PvP, but I think most of this has to do with them being a new class that isn't clearly overpowered (ala DK in WotLK) and most healers probably aren't interested in switching classes having played one for so long.

All in all, though, I thoroughly enjoy playing my Mistweaver - maybe a bit more than my Disc priests (though that may be because I've played Disc for close to six years now). There's also just something innately fun about rolling or Chi Torpedoing around the arena behind pillars.

Not sure about Windwalker in PvP - I've heard they're mostly replaceable by other classes, but things could change next patch. With the amount of tools at their disposal, though, I imagine they would be very fun, though.

strafer

Man, the drops in Sunwell aren't that interesting, apart from the legendary and the sunwell staff, other than those there's no cool looking gear.

I dunno, I always really liked this cloth set http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=415

There's also some great swords in there, imo
Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade << coolest looking 1her that also goes across the back =D
And then Muramasa and Apolyon, the Soul-Render aren't too shabby either.

And though I'm not really a fan of polearms, this trash drop is one of the better looking ones: Shivering Felspine

Edit: Oh and this (overused) bow of course, Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas

But all that stuff does follow the same kind of design aesthetic, so I can see how that might not be your cup of tea.

Edit 2: Shit I guess I just really like Sunwell, I forgot two obvious ones that my warlock is using right now for xmog =P Wand of the Demonsoul and Book of Highborne Hymns

Only took 264 Slabhide kills but I finally got the Vitreous Stone Drake. And now I'm onto the Vortex Pinnacle. Yay.

That put me at 185 mounts. I'll go tailoring soon for those three mounts and I have a same faction Paladin that gives me their two mounts (though I'm uncertain if the flying carpets will show up in their mounts or not? Figure they'll show but it won't let me mount up on them). Those together would put me at 190. That's dangerously close to the 200 mount achievement.

Vortex Pinnacle takes me a little longer to run than Stonecore. Just used the stopwatch and it took me about five minutes to get through the second boss and exit Vortex Pinnacle. Compared to how I got my Stonecore run to around 2:40 and it's nearly double the time per run. I'm sure I'll have plenty of runs ahead of me to work on perfecting the time and figure out better ways to handle mobs. I tried to run all the way to the first boss with the trash to kill it all together but it was getting dangerous so I had to stop. If I remember to use Earthbind and Capacitor Totems together I'm sure I can work that out properly so I can just AoE it all down together. Second boss wasn't a problem grabbing all the trash and killing it all together.

strafer

I dunno, I always really liked this cloth set http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=415

There's also some great swords in there, imo
Dragonscale-Encrusted Longblade << coolest looking 1her that also goes across the back =D
And then Muramasa and Apolyon, the Soul-Render aren't too shabby either.

And though I'm not really a fan of polearms, this trash drop is one of the better looking ones: Shivering Felspine

Edit: Oh and this (overused) bow of course, Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas

But all that stuff does follow the same kind of design aesthetic, so I can see how that might not be your cup of tea.

Edit 2: Shit I guess I just really like Sunwell, I forgot two obvious ones that my warlock is using right now for xmog =P Wand of the Demonsoul and Book of Highborne Hymns

That set really only works if you're a Blood Elf :p

mclem

Man, the drops in Sunwell aren't that interesting, apart from the legendary and the sunwell staff, other than those there's no cool looking gear.

My lasting memory of Sunwell was spending ages figuring out how to fairly distribute gear that could be converted with a sunmote.

Then never getting there to put that plan into action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom