• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

I really love the ambience of the underwater Cataclysm zone, but i hope that if the next expansion is Naga focused, that it wont be all of that. Water and swimming everywhere.

If it is a Naga focus, there's still a lot of important areas above water in the vicinity. We still have the remains of Kezan and the Lost Isles (and more importantly) the Undermine, whatever's left of Kul'Tiras, the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras and the Broken Isles, not to mention the Maelstrom proper.

mclem

You spread out before the 2nd intermission? The way we do it is everyone stacks on the tanks so the orbs are stupidly easy to handle. Makes everything so much easier.

No, we're tight prior to that - but that's why we have no problem with orbs-on-intermission; they die very fast.

It's not that the charge is difficult, it's that it interferes with interrupting the venom bolts and such. It forces raid members to move when they are tunneling DPS on mobs. That's why it makes it easier, really.

And I have to constantly interrupt the bolts, because DPS can't ever be trusted to interrupt!

We've got a rogue who, while he's not great at interrupting off his own bat, does fine if you give him clear instructions in advance - I just make sure he's on the second Venom Priest when we get the pair spawning, while I take responsibility for the first.

We have our lock who calls herself the "kicking bitch" who handles that task so beautifully the fight has ceased to be any sort of problem :)

Same here, but he had a learning process (and he couldn't make one raid, which meant another had to sub in and learn from scratch again). Now we're comfortable with that, though, we're fine.

Oh wow this makes total sense, what a neat idea.... a world BELOW azeroth. I was wondering where they'd find room to put new land masses and stuff. I guess this is why I'm not a game designer, I didn't even consider a world underneath the world. NEATO!

Well we did end up going to Deepholm via the Maelstrom so that would work as well.

We still have the remains of Kezan and the Lost Isles (and more importantly) the Undermine, whatever's left of Kul'Tiras, the ruins of the Tomb of Sargeras and the Broken Isles, not to mention the Maelstrom proper.

Yeah, I'd be interested in exploring Kul'Tiras, Suramar and the Broken Isles, yah know before the Maelstrom claims it all.

Tacitus_

The trick we found to Primordius is just to constantly kite him. Like WAAAY more than what you'd think. It really helps because it gives DPS a chance to kill the slimes as they're reaching him, which slows down his evolutions. Once we figured that out, it was a 1-shot and it's a 1-shot every time.

Durumu is a POS because of his Life Drain, really. The rest of the fight is cake - the maze is really easy, and you just need to be able to see a bit and you're good.

We 3-heal Lei Shen now, and we downed him last week. Our average DPS was around 115k, which really wasn't bad, and it's really a pretty easy fight once you control everything. It's simply not a fight where you can just go balls to the walls - you have to control when you push him into the intermissions so it's safe (especially intermission 2 where if you push him while lightning orbs are up you're essentially dead) and destroying the right conducts (we decided to get rid of chain lightning first as it lets us be grouped for intermission 2, which helps immensely).

As you said, I think ToT is badly tuned for 10man. Horridon is too difficult until you figure out the trick (which is absolutely stupid - tank Horridon at the far end of the arena, opposite the door you're doing, and you essentially remove the charge), Tortos is a little bit too tight, Council requires a trick otherwise it's stupidly hard... It's just a weird raid and the balancing is off. The last few bosses being so easy (once you're past Durumu it's smooth sailing up to Lei Shen - they're all RIDICULOUSLY easy) is just mind-boggling, and it's obvious that they decided at some point that having so much trash between bosses was stupid, so there's very little packs between the bosses after Durumu. The gauntlet leading to Primordius isn't too bad, the pull before Dark Animus is harder than the fight itself (lol) but there's a SINGLE pull... Then you compare that to the absolutely absurd amount of mobs between Jin'Rokh and Horridon, then Horridon and Council, Tortos and Mag, Mag and Ji'Kun, etc. It's just... dumb.

What's up with that Horridon trick of yours? Totally unneeded.

sqwarlock

The Dark Below, eh?

In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
The drowned god's heart is black ice.
At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...
The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.

A N'zoth/Azshara/Sargeras+his tomb/Burning Legion expansion? YES PLEASE.

Magnus

I want a female night elf druid. My male night elf Druid is level 64. I really don't want to reroll and I don't want to pay $15. Goddamnit.

vocab

Damn it! I've been putting off my Golden Lotus dailies for so long that I don't think I have enough time to get to exalted with them before the patch. :(

Work orders every day/dailies/tokens off warscouts/warbringers/daily dungeon/daily scenario.

There's too many ways to get exalted easy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn it! I've been putting off my Golden Lotus dailies for so long that I don't think I have enough time to get to exalted with them before the patch. :(

I doubt that the Golden Lotus Quartermaster and his rewards(especially the mount) is going to be gone forever after 5.4. I expect you'll still be able to get the rep through the scenarios/heroics completed reward.

Tamanon

Banned
Also they said you'd be able to get it just from killing mobs in the zone in 5.4.

Now the Golden Lotus story quests and achievement.....

vocab

I doubt that the Golden Lotus Quartermaster and his rewards(especially the mount) is going to be gone forever after 5.4. I expect you'll still be able to get the rep through the scenarios/heroics completed reward.

There's a feats of strength for completing the golden lotus storyline before 5.4.

Also, if people haven't done the barrens event you might want to go do that now.

TimeKillr

No, we're tight prior to that - but that's why we have no problem with orbs-on-intermission; they die very fast.

We've got a rogue who, while he's not great at interrupting off his own bat, does fine if you give him clear instructions in advance - I just make sure he's on the second Venom Priest when we get the pair spawning, while I take responsibility for the first.

Same here, but he had a learning process (and he couldn't make one raid, which meant another had to sub in and learn from scratch again). Now we're comfortable with that, though, we're fine.

Ah, so you're using the same type of tactic as we are for Lei Shen. Makes it pretty easy.

We have a on and off Rogue, too. Our raid comp is Prot Warrior, Blood DK(me), Disc Priest, Holy Pally, Resto Druid (the Pally switches to DPS when we need him to), 2 Mages (one frost, one fire), a Destro Lock, then the last 2 change often between a Rogue, a Shaman, a Hunter, an Unholy DK...

We're low on melee, which is great in raids nowadays.

What's up with that Horridon trick of yours? Totally unneeded.

It's unneeded and makes the fight pretty boring but it also makes it so incredibly safe that it's kinda worth it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Patch 5.4 releasing August 27.

Holinka said:
.@oliviadgrace @mlm430047 The release of the patch will mark then end of the season
https://twitter.com/holinka/status/367349083943350272#

On Tuesday, August 27, the 13th Arena and Rated Battleground Season is scheduled to end. On that day we'll begin an approximately one week process to determine end-of-season reward eligibilitys.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10621491/PvP_Season_13_Ending_Soon-8_13_2013

Garrosh Hellscream, here we come!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, there is still no new VP gear coming with 5.4? I guess getting 1000 VP every week isn't going to become such a necessity now if that's still the case.

Garryk

I picked up the Vol'jin book last week and it is pretty great! Unfortunately, it makes me want to play again. :(

On top of this, I now have new expansion rumor hype. Le sigh. I wish I still qualified for a scroll.

vocab

So, there is still no new VP gear coming with 5.4? I guess getting 1000 VP every week isn't going to become such a necessity now if that's still the case.

It's probably for the best. The catch up mechanics this tier were way to good. It made heroic gear in ToES look like dog shit.

CassSept

Hmmmm, 2 weeks. Hype! Though even if I raid flex, that still gives me 3-4 weeks until something significant drops, only Timeless Isle. That's still something.

Did anything come out of these high ilvl items that were flagged seemingly as heroic scenario rewards?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I logged in for the first time today since before Mists. Anyway, I logged in and immediately was one shotted by a level 90 who was in a cata leveling zone. Which turned into several other level 90s following me around not letting me quest. I was reminded very quickly why I hate PVP in this game, I had zero shot of doing anything other than dying repeatedly. lol

Just got the Galleon mount :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats! I just did all four world bosses and no mounts. Oh, but I did get mount #186 today:

fawCReu.jpg

vocab

I logged in for the first time today since before Mists. Anyway, I logged in and immediately was one shotted by a level 90 who was in a cata leveling zone. Which turned into several other level 90s following me around not letting me quest. I was reminded very quickly why I hate PVP in this game, I had zero shot of doing anything other than dying repeatedly. lol

If you are in hyjal get out of the starting part as soon as possible. If you still can't there's always vashjir. Gankers are way too lazy for vashjir.

Neverfade

So I said screwthe starter account since I had a 10 day free trial of MOP. I haven't played since about 3 months after Cataclysm came out. I didn't hate Cataclysm like it seems a lot of people did, but I have to say I kinda like these changes that have been made.

After spending way too many hours sunday night getting my addons right I had some proper time to level yesterday. Took a monk to 25 in one day. That whole leveling thing sure is quick these days.

I thought I remembered a bunch of the lingo, but just a few minutes in Org general had my brain fried.

I have somewhere around 17k in the bank, which is probably chump change these days. Is taking a couple gathering professions the way to go for money making? I noticed even starter mats are going for (what I consider) a relatively absurd amount.

Magnus

So I said screwthe starter account since I had a 10 day free trial of MOP. I haven't played since about 3 months after Cataclysm came out. I didn't hate Cataclysm like it seems a lot of people did, but I have to say I kinda like these changes that have been made.

After spending way too many hours sunday night getting my addons right I had some proper time to level yesterday. Took a monk to 25 in one day. That whole leveling thing sure is quick these days.

I thought I remembered a bunch of the lingo, but just a few minutes in Org general had my brain fried.

I have somewhere around 17k in the bank, which is probably chump change these days. Is taking a couple gathering professions the way to go for money making? I noticed even starter mats are going for (what I consider) a relatively absurd amount.

I have around 17k and feel comfy. lol

If I sold most of the mats I've and stockpiled throughout the expansion I'd probably have 25k+

Tremas

Owing to some recent spare time, I've been thinking about playing WoW again.

I quit shortly before the Firelands patch was released due to raid burnout, which was about two years ago now I guess. Anyway, if anyone has a scroll of resurrection they want to send me, I can give you my email in a PM. I'm on an EU server, I suspect you need to be in the same territory for scroll of resurrection?

mclem

Ah, so you're using the same type of tactic as we are for Lei Shen. Makes it pretty easy.

It was always brewing, but in tonight's raid, finally: Lei Shen down. Phew. That's my third Ahead of the Curve for this expansion (missed ToES), which by our guild's standards and the raid difficulty is probably batting a bit above our weight.

Now it's a case of juggling those who want to poke some heroics with those who've been in for Lei Shen wipes and deserve the kill, but at least the worst of the pressure is off until 5.4!

Tremas: PM'ed

vocab

Owing to some recent spare time, I've been thinking about playing WoW again.

I quit shortly before the Firelands patch was released due to raid burnout, which was about two years ago now I guess. Anyway, if anyone has a scroll of resurrection they want to send me, I can give you my email in a PM. I'm on an EU server, I suspect you need to be in the same territory for scroll of resurrection?

Can you pm your email? I'm from the US. It's worth a shot.

Tremas

Can you pm your email? I'm from the US. It's worth a shot.

Just double checked, can't use scrolls of resurrection across territories sadly. Thanks anyway, got one from mclem now.

Forgot it was maintenance today, looking forward to starting back up in the morning. I imagine the first couple of days will be spent fiddling with mods and reading elitist jerks, if they're still about. Going to feel weird returning.

mclem

Just double checked, can't use scrolls of resurrection across territories sadly. Thanks anyway, got one from mclem now.

Forgot it was maintenance today, looking forward to starting back up in the morning. I imagine the first couple of days will be spent fiddling with mods and reading elitist jerks, if they're still about. Going to feel weird returning.

Incidentally, you probably don't want to use the 'join sender's server' thing. Aggramar's a sleepy place; I've grown fond of it, but it's hardly a teeming server full of high-end raiders and lots of players.

Ultratech

Some much better luck this week.

The RNG Gods felt sorry for me today, I suppose.

Got 2 Runestones (up to 9/12) and finally got a weapon upgrade...or two.
Got the Crossbow off Durumu from a Bonus Roll, then had Miracoran drop off Consorts later.

Hopefully, all I need is another week or two to finally finish up the Runestones and get my cape.

Congrats! I just did all four world bosses and no mounts. Oh, but I did get mount #186 today:

fawCReu.jpg

Welcome to the club. :D

JSoup

Banned
I picked up the Vol'jin book last week and it is pretty great! Unfortunately, it makes me want to play again. :(

Been waiting patiently for a week as my copy is sent across country because I was to cheap to fork over the four extra bucks for two day shipping. :/ I've read that it's a good book, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom