• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So I got my final Titan Runestone and advanced to Celestial Blessings. I tried the melee DPS challenge but was obliterated by those oozes, and as I haven't got that great of a mouse maneuvering the area to avoid ground effects and whatnot was quite difficult. I'm gonna try the tanking challenge with DPS gear instead, as recommended by one poster in the comments.

Skab

WoWGaf, I have questions for you.

I've been thinking about coming back to this game for some time now, but in order to do so I would have to buy MoP first. I stopped playing fairly early into Cataclysm, and most of the people I played with have also stopped playing by now. The guild I was in is still around but is a shell of its former self and I really don't know or want to play with any of the remaining members. So if I go back, I'd basically be playing alone, and on Medivh which is apparently a pretty dead server these days.

So, with all these things in mind, do you guy sthink it would be worth it to come back now, so late into MoP? Would it be worth it to look into transferring off to a more active server? Does Gaf have a guild somewhere, or is everyone kind of scattered?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

I've been thinking about coming back to this game for some time now, but in order to do so I would have to buy MoP first. I stopped playing fairly early into Cataclysm, and most of the people I played with have also stopped playing by now. The guild I was in is still around but is a shell of its former self and I really don't know or want to play with any of the remaining members. So if I go back, I'd basically be playing alone, and on Medivh which is apparently a pretty dead server these days.

So, with all these things in mind, do you guy sthink it would be worth it to come back now, so late into MoP? Would it be worth it to look into transferring off to a more active server? Does Gaf have a guild somewhere, or is everyone kind of scattered?

I just came back to WoW with the EXACT situation as your first paragraph. The important thing is to USE THE SCROLL OF REZ and get a free transfer and faction change to a populated server. After that, you're fine, it's good old WoW and Pandaria is actually a very, very good expansion. I'll actually be done with it by the end of this month as I'm already 2k in arena and seen most of the raids in LFR. Most likely gonna try the RBG push if anything.. but you're coming in at a great time as all the content for the expansion is about to be available.

Have someone on GAF give you a scroll of resurrection (depending on when you last played, but if you stopped in early Cataclysm you should be fine) and you'll get a free level 80 character on any server. Obviously you'll have to level to 90, but 80-90 isn't bad at all.

I don't know about a GAF guild on anything (think it's mostly scattered). I think Sargeras or Korgath for alliance and Tichondrius for Horde are good, populated realms. There might be queue times on some of them.

Sciz

GAF is scattered. MoP is great, and you'd have plenty of solo, queued, and cross realm content to keep you busy. Server merges are coming sometime in the next patch, however, so hang onto your cash for the moment before you go and buy a transfer.

Also keep in mind that there is OQueue or basially what Blizzard is trying to do with virtual servers. In a nutshell, OQ will let you group with other gamers from other servers to do quests, scenarios, BG's, dungeons and raids.

Write-up about it -> http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1706/a...roups-finish-that-boss-rule-that-battleground
You can grab it from Curse or here -> http://solidice.com/oqueue/

Tacitus_

w00t w00t, 8/13 HC
5883CC0.png

cWYxEnb.jpg

So I queued for my daily heroic on my DK. It's SM. After the first trash pack (which went fine and all) the healer leaves. Then a few seconds later the tank leaves. And then the other two dps. I'm sitting there just "... wat". Another 10 min queue? No fuck that shit, switched to Blood and soloed the place in dps gear in 14 min. I guess any tank class could do this, but, still fun!

Fjordson

Been a week now since I've played. Big time withdrawals :lol

Called home and told my brother to get on my account and grab my 3 Mogu Runes for this week, haha.

Loxley

So I just read up on the Timeless Isle, I really hope it ends up being as interesting as it sounds. I'm a fan of exploration, so the idea of a zone that's built for it sounds great.

Draxal

Man,

I really hope corgies unleashed is the real name of the wow expansion.

(mmo-champion basically saying that the dark below was faked).

strafer

Man,

I really hope corgies unleashed is the real name of the wow expansion.

(mmo-champion basically saying that the dark below was faked).

It was all a hoax. Anyone can apparenty registar a trademark in Blizzards name so someone did just that.

That's pretty illegal too.

Ultratech

So what mount can you get on the timeless isle? They said mounts, so its sounds like more than one.

Looks like so far:
-Another Mushan mount gained through PvP (i.e. killing people on the Isle).
-An uncontrollable Mushan mount (like like the ones in other areas)
-Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent - Rare drop from a Rare on the Isle
-Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent - Kinda like Tsulong during the day; Need 100k Timeless Coins and some other stuff.

Started the PvP part of the legendary today. This is going to take forever to finish, isn't it?

not compared to the next two legs of the legendary. Silvermine is much much worse than Kotomogu though so I suggest getting that out of the way while your cup of patience is at its peak. Edit: unless you're horde, in which case the pvp should be a joke.

Holy crap just got a runestone from all 3 bosses in the last part of ToT. I'm now 6/12 2 weeks in and I still haven't done the 3rd part this week.

This makes me want to at least jump in LFR and try for more stones. My time has been sooooo little for MMO's though. I'm gonna force time when the patch drops. Animal Crossing will have to take a small back seat.

Westlo

I have somewhere around 17k in the bank, which is probably chump change these days. Is taking a couple gathering professions the way to go for money making? I noticed even starter mats are going for (what I consider) a relatively absurd amount.

Professions are always a good money maker, especially at the start of patches, like this upcoming one and gear like this from tailors should sell well.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4?filter=ty=1:-6;na=crafted+malevolent+gladiator

But in general, buy low sell high is the way to go. From raw mats like ghost iron ore, exotic leather, golden lotus, to processed mats like Living Steel, Sha Crystals to profession roadblocks like Hessonite, Obsidium Ore, hypnotic dust (also needed for embersilk bags) etc.

After 5.2 I was pulling in 10k a day from smelted bars of elementium, obs, cobalt, saronite etc on just one character.

Flipping specific items is also a pretty good way to go, especially MOP high item level blues for 80-85, like I bought this item for 1100g on my horde server and 500g on my alliance just a few days ago.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87499/grakls-gleaming-talisman

Never seen it under 5000g ever so it was a surprise to get it so cheap on both factions in the space of a few mins, sold the horde one for 5k straight away for nearly 4k profit. Going to see if i can sell the one on my alliance toon for 8-10k. I've probably made like over 500k just by selling these since the start of MOP, it's quick and easy money. All you need is an addon (I use Auctionator), search for the items, the search phrase for Blue MOP armor from 80-84 is Armor/80/84/i409 and I just click that, afk for a min (i've lost a few bloody bargins for afking too long) and I see whatevers cheap, buy it, and relist it higher. Repeat for Weapons 80-84, Armor 85, Weapons 85 and I've done in less than 5 mins.

Beats the shit outta farming Tyr's Hand elites in vanilla for an epic mount. Anyway all that stuff + taking notice of patch notes is the way to make money, I wouldn't be stocking up on Sha Crystals atm (i'm sitting on 400 atm) but buying some hard to find yet cheap at the moment cats (like the darkmoon one) for the new cat lover achievement is something to look into.

mclem

Started the PvP part of the legendary today. This is going to take forever to finish, isn't it?

I'm a die-hard tank, so I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get Kotmogu on the first attempt. The mines took a fair few more goes, but it was still done in one evening - much more than I can say for my cotank!

Holy crap just got a runestone from all 3 bosses in the last part of ToT. I'm now 6/12 2 weeks in and I still haven't done the 3rd part this week.
Said cotank got his own back somewhat when, one week, he got five. And that was before they added the fact that you get one automatically from Lei Shen one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I did something incredibly stupid yesterday.

I got my 12th Runestone from the LFR Twin Consorts. So what did I do? I left the group of course. Only to see a few minutes later after talking to Wrathion that the next quest requires the heart of Lei Shen...

FUUUUUUUUU

Don't do the same thing as I did if the same thing happens to you. Simply teleport out and grab the Heart quest instead. :p

Is there a new currency for extra loot in 5.4 or is it still Mogu coins? I haven't used my 500 leftover lesser charms on my main for a while because i didn't want to waste them.

Enhance gets additional nerfs with them reverting to pre-5.3 values for Stormstrike and Lava Lash when they had buffed both up. While I was pleased for the buffs with 5.3 I can understand the need to nerf and don't really have an issue with it. I've done more DPS than people many times while being lower ilvl and it really shouldn't go that way to the extent it does. Part of that admittedly is due to me knowing my class extremely well and how to play it efficiently and having the priority down. At the same time I still top charts all over the place and a nerf isn't unwarranted.

Unleashed Fury gets a small buff to lightning bolt damage (20% to 30%) so with the Fire Elemental nerf Unleashed Fury may go back to being a good choice for enhance. I'll have to check it out and if that's the case I'm going to miss my Primal Elementals. Those two have helped me out many times in these last few months.

Skab

Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately I'm not eligible for a res scroll since I used my 10 day mop trial back in march. Doesn't sound like it would be to huge of a deal though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Thanks for the responses guys. Unfortunately I'm not eligible for a res scroll since I used my 10 day mop trial back in march. Doesn't sound like it would be to huge of a deal though.

Again, exact same situation as me. Call customer service and tell them you want the scroll of rez but used the trial, they simply ask for the server your friend is on and what character to transfer and do it there manually. The entire process took 15 mins for me. The only issue is if your rezzing friend really wants the mount, then you need all his info too. I told the guy my friend didn't give a shit about it and he said well then, the end, clicked a few buttons and my char was on the new server in less than 30 mins.

Basically, you've run out of excuses.

Well, that's something.

Now if only the game usually looked that good.

Agreed. Wow's visuals while do the game justice, they are severally lacking compared to other MMO's.

Damn I really need to get back into a guild for this ;(

But you know what, this trailer actually paints Gorrash in a different light. He knows what he's doing, he's calculated his enemies and he doesn't seem to be as crazy as he was led to be in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom