• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I hope that is the new Orc model.. I freaking love it.

Also...I have Gorehowl on my Warlock.

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT GARROSH LAMESCREAM?

Skab

Again, exact same situation as me. Call customer service and tell them you want the scroll of rez but used the trial, they simply ask for the server your friend is on and what character to transfer and do it there manually. The entire process took 15 mins for me. The only issue is if your rezzing friend really wants the mount, then you need all his info too. I told the guy my friend didn't give a shit about it and he said well then, the end, clicked a few buttons and my char was on the new server in less than 30 mins.

Basically, you've run out of excuses.

Huh, never thought they would be okay doing that. Good to know!

Thanks again guys.

Jag

Contemplating coming back for Timeless Isle (no raiding for me anymore). But the catchphrase "Take your time" makes me think its going to be the only new content for at least a year (or maybe late spring 14) until the next XP comes out.

Measley

Goddamn you Blizzard! We need those new character remodels.

No more new races until you finish those character remodels!

My orc looks like shit next to Garrosh. That shouldn't be the case.

mclem

Regarding The Timeless Isle, for people who've tried it on the PTR:

There's a problem when soloing as a dedicated tank in that things just plain take too long to kill; fights become tedious as you slowly whittle down the health pools. Survivability is massive, of course, but at what cost?

I'm liking the talk of everything on the island being soloable, but would it actually be *fun* to solo in a tank spec, or would I get bored rapidly?

mclem

Is there an EU server here where plenty of GAFfers play/raid around?

I believe my server - Aggramar - has the most. With, uh, two. Including me. EU-GAF is *very* dispersed, last I heard.

(And I probably wouldn't recommend going to Aggramar, it's a small sleepy server. I'd be happy to give you a good home, but it's never going to be a hive of activity)

CassSept

Holy mother of God

That was absolutely amazing. Incredible patch trailer. There hasn't been a single bad cinematic throughout the entire MoP cycle. Unless SoO is somehow surprisingly bad, this is the best expansion.

As for gold, just be careful when you play with auction house. When I learned the pattern for boots I decided to test how much I can earn for them. And instead I lost 10k gold because I missed one number and sold them for 2.2k gold :(

Oh god, oh god I didnt see Nazgrim there, hope you can save him.

It will only be new instances and boas for your alts but no new armor for your 90?

strafer

I liked this.

5.496yuz.gif

TimeKillr

Okay, Brewmasters are stupidly overpowered.

Last night I'm with my group and we're going towards another full clear of normal ToT this week, gearing people up and such.

Our raid leader, who is also our MT, is in the hospital, so we have a new Brewmaster recruit tank with us.

He was regularly pulling 120k+ dps while tanking single-target fights. I honestly am unable to understand how this is balanced against Warriors and Blood DKs that are similarly geared pulling an outstanding 50k dps in the same fight. It's completely ridiculous.

Berordn

Last night I'm with my group and we're going towards another full clear of normal ToT this week, gearing people up and such.

Our raid leader, who is also our MT, is in the hospital, so we have a new Brewmaster recruit tank with us.

He was regularly pulling 120k+ dps while tanking single-target fights. I honestly am unable to understand how this is balanced against Warriors and Blood DKs that are similarly geared pulling an outstanding 50k dps in the same fight. It's completely ridiculous.

Tanks in general are getting nerfed in 5.4, Brewmasters especially.

Jag

Ok, really thinking about coming back for 5.4. Have a 90 Hunter, Mage, Druid, Pally and Rogue. Haven't played MOP in 7 months. Hunter has been my main since release, but I like the versatility of the Druid/Pally. Any thoughts on which one I should gear for raiding?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know when the most recent change was made, but getting to Quel'Thalas has been made a bit more difficult since the release of Cataclysm. For example, a bunch of invisible walls have been added to the Stratholme entrance. However, it's still very easy to bypass those walls (I used Heroic Leap and the mount through wall trick). So I made my way through the uninstanced version of Stratholme to see if anything new had been added to the area. I don't know if Blizzard has placed any new assets below the ground but at least above the ground there were no changes made.

I took some screenshots as well. It's nothing new at all but some people here may have not seen it yet. Image 7 is of Stratholme, I think it's an untextured version of Naxxramas seen (could be any necropolis). Quel'Thalas is quite a nice area I think, strange they don't use it for much.

quel15fol7.png

quel2fyqal.png

quel3q2q6n.png

quel49tr3o.png

quel558qvf.png

quel6t4qkb.png

quel7nnr3t.png

quel8vloqi.png

Ok, really thinking about coming back for 5.4. Have a 90 Hunter, Mage, Druid, Pally and Rogue. Haven't played MOP in 7 months. Hunter has been my main since release, but I like the versatility of the Druid/Pally. Any thoughts on which one I should gear for raiding?

The one you like playing? Let's be real, unless you're in a hardcore progression guild, NOONE should force you what to play.

Suggestion-wise, I would stick with the Druid or Mage for nuking shit.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Yeah, its terrible, my 505 geared brewmaster crushes my Blood DK main in dps in 535 ilvl. My co tank is a Warrior too, which has been unfortunate.

cdyhybrid

I still think Tirisfal is one of the nicer zones in the game. Undead architecture is just fantastic. Of course, my first two characters (first one was made just hours after Vanilla went live) were Undead :p

Berordn

I wonder if it'll still end up being a net buff for Warriors. Prot Warrior dps is so bad right now. We can take a hit very well, but the DPS is just so bad.

I'd be surprised if it rises at all, honestly. Riposte is neat but I don't think it can offset the vengeance nerf.

TimeKillr

Tanks in general are getting nerfed in 5.4, Brewmasters especially.

I'll have to check, specifically for Brewmasters, to see if their abilities are nerfed into pulling less damage, because otherwise I just don't see how they are specifically nerfed..

Yeah, its terrible, my 505 geared brewmaster crushes my Blood DK main in dps in 535 ilvl. My co tank is a Warrior too, which has been unfortunate.

It's ridiculous, really. The only "downside" to Brewmasters is lower HP, but Stagger is such a great mitigation mechanic.. I'm fully expecting them to get a full rework in the next expansion (much like DKs got between WotLK and Cata) because right now they're just stupidly overpowered in single target and AoE. Their AoE should be nerfed a bit with Rushing Jade Wind replacing Spinning Crane Kick but still.

I wonder if it'll still end up being a net buff for Warriors. Prot Warrior dps is so bad right now. We can take a hit very well, but the DPS is just so bad.

I'd be surprised if it rises at all, honestly. Riposte is neat but I don't think it can offset the vengeance nerf.

I agree with you guys. I highly doubt Warrior DPS will rise. Riposte just feels like a crappy band-aid and Blizzard's attempt at making Parry and Dodge feel useful (when they don't, at least for DKs). Right now on my DK, if I kept the same stats, I'd have a semi-permanent 20% crit buff, which translates into 10% more DPS. At 50k DPS, that gives me a WHOPPING 5k dps more, which seriously isn't gonna make a difference.

Berordn

I'll have to check, specifically for Brewmasters, to see if their abilities are nerfed into pulling less damage, because otherwise I just don't see how they are specifically nerfed..

Most of a Brewmaster's damage comes from Keg Smash which scales crazy well with high vengeance. Keg Smash is getting a straight 18% nerf, there's an unidentified bug being fixed that makes Vengeance scale too well, and then there's the straight up vengeance nerf hitting every tank.

They're probably still going to do the most damage out of the five tank specs since they have the benefit of gearing identically to DPS and being the most AM minded spec, but it probably won't be putting DPS to shame like it does currently.

and re: riposte, I don't get what's going through Blizzard's development team right now with the about face on active mitigation. Prot Paladins are getting a similar tweak to nerf haste and buff dodge/parry, and it's just stupid. Unlike with Blood and Prot Warriors it's an actual nerf to an ability that already exists for them, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

TimeKillr

Most of a Brewmaster's damage comes from Keg Smash which scales crazy well with high vengeance. Keg Smash is getting a straight 18% nerf, there's an unidentified bug being fixed that makes Vengeance scale too well, and then there's the straight up vengeance nerf hitting every tank.

They're probably still going to do the most damage out of the five tank specs since they have the benefit of gearing identically to DPS and being the most AM minded spec, but it probably won't be putting DPS to shame like it does currently.

and re: riposte, I don't get what's going through Blizzard's development team right now with the about face on active mitigation. Prot Paladins are getting a similar tweak to nerf haste and buff dodge/parry, and it's just stupid. Unlike with Blood and Prot Warriors it's an actual nerf to an ability that already exists for them, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

I'll check the logs again tonight, but from what I was seeing from my damage meters (because I was amazed at his damage output!) his main source of damage was his auto-attacks, which is insane.

I think they want to make dodge/parry useful again because they're shit for most of the tanking specs (Pallies want haste, DKs want mastery, Druids want crit, Monks I dunno, I'm guessing crit + haste? but Warriors actually want parry). They're decidedly tanking stats but have no real bearing on performance and don't provide a ton of mitigation. I'd prefer if they took them out entirely and just had everyone tank with DPS gear and change stat allocation (for plate tanks, STR also means parry or something similar, etc) and make secondary stats the basis of how we use them, depending on how they work with the mechanics (like crit is important to Druids, Haste for Pallies, Mastery for DKs, etc). It already is a little bit like that, so just remove those 2 useless stats already.

strafer

Rösti;76542331 said:
I don't know when the most recent change was made, but getting to Quel'Thalas has been made a bit more difficult since the release of Cataclysm. For example, a bunch of invisible walls have been added to the Stratholme entrance. However, it's still very easy to bypass those walls (I used Heroic Leap and the mount through wall trick). So I made my way through the uninstanced version of Stratholme to see if anything new had been added to the area. I don't know if Blizzard has placed any new assets below the ground but at least above the ground there were no changes made.

I took some screenshots as well. It's nothing new at all but some people here may have not seen it yet. Image 7 is of Stratholme, I think it's an untextured version of Naxxramas seen (could be any necropolis). Quel'Thalas is quite a nice area I think, strange they don't use it for much.

quel15fol7.png

quel2fyqal.png

quel3q2q6n.png

quel49tr3o.png

quel558qvf.png

quel6t4qkb.png

quel7nnr3t.png

quel8vloqi.png

Where is this exactly?

Tacitus_

Our Blood DK pulls 110k in a single target fight (and silly amounts in aoe fights). Though he's pretty well geared. Warriors do need a buff.

ANYWAY!

Progress! Progress! Progress! 9/13 HC ToT
0UhApXQ.jpg

0YtnaGb.jpg

cdyhybrid

Our Blood DK pulls 110k in a single target fight (and silly amounts in aoe fights). Though he's pretty well geared. Warriors do need a buff.

ANYWAY!

Progress! Progress! Progress! 9/13 HC ToT

http://i.imgur.com/0YtnaGb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Gotta have dem Demo Locks for Durumu!

Sciz

KS is more like 15-20% on average, 30-35% on multitarget fights. The nerf hurts, but the spec's damage is spread out enough that it'll probably slip to just under autoattacks, Blackout Kick, and Chi Wave while still being well above the rest.

What gets me about the patch more than anything is that they redesigned Rushing Jade Wind into something interesting, then promptly broke it again.

Berordn

KS is more like 15-20% on average, 30-35% on multitarget fights. The nerf hurts, but the spec's damage is spread out enough that it'll probably slip to just under autoattacks, Blackout Kick, and Chi Wave while still being well above the rest.

What gets me about the patch more than anything is that they redesigned Rushing Jade Wind into something interesting, then promptly broke it again.

I should probably stop looking at parses on Maegera then.

Decided to try Brawl'gar arena again. Still can't kill the two goblins. I can usually dodge missles fine but I can't survive the constant gnomish death rays and whenever I try to evocate I instantly get targeted by a missle and have to move.

Berordn

Decided to try Brawl'gar arena again. Still can't kill the two goblins. I can usually dodge missles fine but I can't survive the constant gnomish death rays and whenever I try to evocate I instantly get targeted by a missle and have to move.

The missiles will damage the two of them as well. If you can manage the movement, getting them to get hit by them is the easiest way.

Kilrathi

Hit 90 on my prot warrior earlier this week got it ilvl 470 right now trying to get it ready for 5.4 with rep and all that good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom