• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugg

Did Taran Zhu deliberately push Garrosh to cross some kind of line in this trailer? Seemed stupid of him to mention Grom, unless he wanted Garrosh to snap. And Taran Zhu is far from stupid.

strafer

Did Taran Zhu deliberately push Garrosh to cross some kind of line in this trailer? Seemed stupid of him to mention Grom, unless he wanted Garrosh to snap. And Taran Zhu is far from stupid.

Garrosh snapped a long time ago. Taran just did it for the lulz.

cdyhybrid

Yeah, Garrosh is long gone. Zhu just did it to piss him off.

sqwarlock

Based on appearance and animations alone, what is your favorite Alliance race for rogues? I want to move my 86 rogue over to the Alliance, but I can't decide which race to go with. Spent some time on the PTR with 90s of each race, and I'm leaning towards female Pandaren right now.

Tamanon

Banned
I haven't played him in forever, what spec is best for leveling?

All 3 are good, but I leveled from 1-90 as Destruction and loved it. Just blowin' mobs up constantly, no pain when I got to Pandaria like some classes have.

Still Destro now, but I'm going to learn Demo too just to have two options during raids.

Sciz

Based on appearance and animations alone, what is your favorite Alliance race for rogues? I want to move my 86 rogue over to the Alliance, but I can't decide which race to go with. Spent some time on the PTR with 90s of each race, and I'm leaning towards female Pandaren right now.

Female pandaren are a great choice for anything, coming from a guy who mains one.

I like female Humans, although they're obviously vastly overplayed compared to other races.

Female Pandaren are pretty cool too - I wouldn't mind playing one if the Human racial wasn't so good.

No, in the datamined audio files he is alive. Sounds like Cho find him and got him away.

But damn, I wasn't really hyped for 5.4 until now. Now I have to find an actual guild to raid the content, I don't want to to LFR.

That is disappointing news. The only good pandaren is a dead pandaren.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Thinking about coming back to WoW after dropping it a week into Cata. So much shit I've missed out on and a ton of patch notes to read I'm sure. Had a few questions before I gave it some serious thought though. When I was playing I was a resto Shammy (love being a healer, it's my thing), how are they now? Also how are Monks regarded as healers? Decent? So-so? Or just straight up turrible? :p

Clipse

A lot of people will probably call me crazy, but I'd go with human male. Seems like almost all rogue tier sets were made with human males in mind first.

So. I've seen all the PTR drops for the Siege. Or most of them. Wowhead didn't have information for a couple of bosses when I looked earlier.

I love how they said the first three or four bosses aren't too difficult and can be used for guilds to gear while progressing, but everything that I can use from them (WW Monk) has an abundance of the worst stat in the game. Hit.

STOP FUCKING GIVING ME HIT GEAR. And I'm Draenei, so that makes it even worse.

blizz pls stahp

Jedi2016

Apparently "The Dark Below" has also been submitted for trademark in Europe, according to a thread on MMOC, and appears to read identically to the trademark submission for "Reaper of Souls" (which is confirmed for D3), including the legal office that Blizzard uses to file in Europe. It also looks like it's gone beyond just being submitted to actually being reviewed, which would seem to lend more credence to it.

Getting warmer.

Just solo'd 25 man Onyxia on my mage after 3 tries despite her being a bitch. There were 0 whelps spawning when I got her down for phase 3, but right when she feared me, whelps started spawning. Had to switch to the talent that refreshes frost CD's for the heal to survive phase 3.

sqwarlock

Just solo'd 25 man Onyxia on my mage after 3 tries despite her being a bitch. There were 0 whelps spawning when I got her down for phase 3, but right when she feared me, whelps started spawning. Had to switch to the talent that refreshes frost CD's for the heal to survive phase 3.

How much harder is 25 compared to 10? Any special perks to doing that difficulty as well?

Westlo

Night Elf Female, though when the updated models come in who knows.

Tarazet

I've been keeping myself amused trying to play Fire Mage with a low item level. I had great luck with LFR ToT this week and wound up getting a dagger, tier helm and chest, and Wushoolay's trinket. I think at my gear level the T15 2-piece bonus will give me a substantial boost. Got halfway done with tuning the new gear when I had to turn in for the night. Ask Mr. Robot wants me to use some strange gems I didn't have handy (Expertise and Haste?), so I'll have to farm some gems on my DK.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Haskil/advanced

Playing Fire with low gear is certainly.. interesting. I don't go all-out for Crit; instead I sort of equally weight Crit and the big Haste breakpoint for the extra 2 ticks on glyphed Combustion. I've actually considered weighting 1 Int over 2 Crit as well, since the extra spellpower would make it less aggravating to play when I didn't get amazing RNG. I feel like my Fireballs hit like wet noodles for how long they take to cast.

How much harder is 25 compared to 10? Any special perks to doing that difficulty as well?

10 man I was nearly able to kill her before time warp on pull ended. I can't remember how hard she hits in 10 man but I was getting rocked in 25. She was hitting me for around 40k non crits. The key is saving time warp for phase 3 and having full health and dps CD's for it as well. What I was doing in phase 2 is getting her a little under 50% (forgot what % phase 3 starts at). Then I wait for evocate to come off CD (used it right around the first wave of whelps) which is usually a little after the 2nd wave of whelps. That gets me to (if not near) 100% health and I burn her to phase 3 before the 3rd wave of adds. The large adds had way less hp than I was expecting and I could usually kite them before they could hit me.

Phase 3 is a dps race. When the fear ends I use Mirror Images (also use it near pull) and pop everything. I used Iceblock when I got around 50% health and had around 10 seconds before I could use ice barrier again. Also used alter time when I didn't have ice barrier up which helps a lot. When I got really low I used my rocket belt (engineer) to give me a few seconds to kite. Needed the 30% heal from the talent that resets frost CD's (forgot the name) to survive long enough.

525 ilvl fire Mage btw.

sqwarlock

10 man I was nearly able to kill her before time warp on pull ended. I can't remember how hard she hits in 10 man but I was getting rocked in 25. She was hitting me for around 40k non crits. The key is saving time warp for phase 3 and having full health and dps CD's for it as well. What I was doing in phase 2 is getting her a little under 50% (forgot what % phase 3 starts at). Then I wait for evocate to come off CD (used it right around the first wave of whelps) which is usually a little after the 2nd wave of whelps. That gets me to (if not near) 100% health and I burn her to phase 3 before the 3rd wave of adds. The large adds had way less hp than I was expecting and I could usually kite them before they could hit me.

Phase 3 is a dps race. When the fear ends I use Mirror Images (also use it near pull) and pop everything. I used Iceblock when I got around 50% health and had around 10 seconds before I could use ice barrier again. Also used alter time when I didn't have ice barrier up which helps a lot. When I got really low I used my rocket belt (engineer) to give me a few seconds to kite. Needed the 30% heal from the talent that resets frost CD's (forgot the name) to survive long enough.

525 ilvl fire Mage btw.

I might have to try her on 25 then for a challenge, cause 10-man is easy as hell for my spriest at 505 ilvl.

Tacitus_

Playing Fire with low gear is certainly.. interesting. I don't go all-out for Crit; instead I sort of equally weight Crit and the big Haste breakpoint for the extra 2 ticks on glyphed Combustion. I've actually considered weighting 1 Int over 2 Crit as well, since the extra spellpower would make it less aggravating to play when I didn't get amazing RNG. I feel like my Fireballs hit like wet noodles for how long they take to cast.

Expertise gives you hit. Can't speak for the haste since I don't have any proper knowledge of mages.

I've been keeping myself amused trying to play Fire Mage with a low item level. I had great luck with LFR ToT this week and wound up getting a dagger, tier helm and chest, and Wushoolay's trinket. I think at my gear level the T15 2-piece bonus will give me a substantial boost. Got halfway done with tuning the new gear when I had to turn in for the night. Ask Mr. Robot wants me to use some strange gems I didn't have handy (Expertise and Haste?), so I'll have to farm some gems on my DK.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Haskil/advanced

I just kind of mindlessly stack crit on my mage after hit cap. Haste is meh but I'm over 42% crit with raid buffs (including food).

Calcium

Banned
I haven't played WoW in a while and I have no intentions of returning, but after seeing the trailer for the new patch I'm curious about something. It looks like everyone is fighting Garrosh in Orgrimmar so does that mean that Horde players are currently not allowed in the city? It'd be strange to see the entire Horde population resort to loitering in one of the other cities.

strafer

I haven't played WoW in a while and I have no intentions of returning, but after seeing the trailer for the new patch I'm curious about something. It looks like everyone is fighting Garrosh in Orgrimmar so does that mean that Horde players are currently not allowed in the city? It'd be strange to see the entire Horde population resort to loitering in one of the other cities.

Nope. It's phased.

lordmrw

Got my cloak from the legendary yesterday, holy shit is the melee challenge a bastard to complete. I spent somewhere around 7 or 800 gold in repairs at the end of it when I finally managed to align my cooldowns (Combat Rogue) to deal with the slimes as they spawn. There was a good bit of running around at points to let recuperate tick and evasion come up and the finale was a photo finish. As of now my item level is 521, I think I'll spend these last two weeks before the patch leveling up my death knight and one of my other alts to 90.

Jag

Got my cloak from the legendary yesterday, holy shit is the melee challenge a bastard to complete. I spent somewhere around 7 or 800 gold in repairs at the end of it when I finally managed to align my cooldowns (Combat Rogue) to deal with the slimes as they spawn. There was a good bit of running around at points to let recuperate tick and evasion come up and the finale was a photo finish. As of now my item level is 521, I think I'll spend these last two weeks before the patch leveling up my death knight and one of my other alts to 90.

Sounds like the old (original) Hunter Epic quest for the bow. Hard and frustrating as hell but one of the most satisfying game experiences I've had. I can't believe I deleted my bow when I ran out of bag space :(

Atsumi

the Proving Grounds is pretty fucking awesome I gotta say.

I failed on the healing :(

I'm pretty excited to try it out. Maybe it will boost my confidence enough to group up and actually do things with people.

I'm also wanting to make a female orc, but I'm undecided on class. I already have a shaman, druid, and paladin, so most orc classes are available to me try out.

Fularu

Banned
I might have to try her on 25 then for a challenge, cause 10-man is easy as hell for my spriest at 505 ilvl.
My fury warrior wrecks her on 10 and 25 man. I have her to 18% when she takes off for p2 (which means she just lands back with next to no health).

There's no advantage to kill her on 25, the same amount of loot drops, it's just slightly higher ilvl.

Save yourself some time and just kill her on 10 till you get your mount

Garryk

I'm probably going to hit the resub button this weekend. How are Rogues doing right now?

I have a 90 Rogue. I also want to level up my 86 DK and 85 Paladin.

strafer

I'm pretty excited to try it out. Maybe it will boost my confidence enough to group up and actually do things with people.

I'm also wanting to make a female orc, but I'm undecided on class. I already have a shaman, druid, and paladin, so most orc classes are available to me try out.

Try a Warlock. Very fun class to level.

Tarazet

Expertise gives you hit. Can't speak for the haste since I don't have any proper knowledge of mages.

Yeah, I know Expertise gives you spell hit. First thing I did for any fresh 90 caster I got was get a Ghost Iron Dragonling and put in Hit, Expertise, and XXX cogwheels, get the Expertise enchant for the gloves, etc. Especially nice for healer hybrid types since you can do Hit/Exp/Spirit and get halfway to the cap easily.

Combustion is the major DPS cooldown for Fire, but it's not until you get up to around 35-40% Crit that you can reliably get high Ignites, so at lower gear levels I think it might perform better by getting Haste up to the 5036 breakpoint and then stacking Int for more dependable damage. The 2 Crit > 1 Int thing is a big reason why Fire seems so underpowered, since if you don't crit, those points of Crit did you no good whatsoever. At least Int will still contribute something.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm probably going to hit the resub button this weekend. How are Rogues doing right now?

I have a 90 Rogue. I also want to level up my 86 DK and 85 Paladin.

DPS wise assassination is doing quite well, combat is terrible and subtlety isn't bad at high gear levels but still trails behind assassination from what I understand.

PvP? Pretty middling. Not doing all that great, but not bottom of the barrel either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom