• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Race at this point comes down to preference. Trolls, Orcs and Dwarves get specific benefits for ranged weapons and pets but they're not important in the slightest.

Trolls have the best bow animation, and lore-wise are the proper choice for badass dinosaur pets if that sort of thing ever tickles you.

Uhm, how will that work exactly?

I don't know, but I'd love to see the outrage of people who just aren't good enough to get a decent enough score to queue for LFR or whatever.

CassSept

That would be hilarious.

Rogues are ok right now. Assa is getting buffed in 5.4 too. With tier bonuses we also get better bursts which is a nice thing for assa. Obviously a lot comes down to how well you play it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What is the context behind this?

You used to see this a lot during WOTLK(at least, on my server). People looking for other players for raids and asking them to link their achievements to prove that they've killed the bosses at least once.

sqwarlock

Connected Realms will be used to help out lower population realms, not balance the factions on very high population realms. However, in the process of grouping low population realms, faction balance will be taken into account as much as possible.

So I guess this means no Sargeras+Illidan merge. :(

sqwarlock

Yeah, probably right.

CRZ helps some of that, but Sargeras could use a lot more Horde (and I'm guessing Illidan is low on Alliance).

JkgNcWG.png

So guys anyway I can verify if my game has already done the 5.4 pre-download or not?

I am using the battle.net launcher but don't see anything being downloaded in the background

restrictions. They let people do it because it's free money.

Pretty sure you can't transfer to Illidan at this moment. They'd either have to shuffle two realms together or block character creation based on faction imbalance to really combat it and that's a poor user experience.

Magnus

Nope. It's phased.

I'm bummed. I love drastic, surprising changes like forced relocations, surprise destruction of environments, etc. people used to joke all the time about how fucking amazing it would be to log in one day and see that ironforge or Org was just gone and then learn through rapid fire word of mouth what everyone's doing, where people are scrambling to, etc.

That's why Cataclysm/4.0 were so exciting IMO. Our world was changing, instead of just expanding. It's too bad it wasn't a surprise upon release. Just imagine that.

ZenaxPure

That's why Cataclysm/4.0 were so exciting IMO. Our world was changing, instead of just expanding. It's too bad it wasn't a surprise upon release. Just imagine that.

There hasn't been any surprises (like that) in WoW in a long time, data miners make sure of that. The last time I didn't know what I was getting myself into on WoW was probably sometime in vanilla.

RPGCrazied

I went demo on warlock. So much fun. I miss the demon charge though, jumping forward towards nothing is lame.

About the nightmares glyph, does that only work with felsteed and dreadsteed, or every mount?

mileS

holy shit!

it really must hurt to be ally on that server...

I'm on Bleeding Hollow myself. 0.734 is not bad all things considered. I've been looking at switching to a PvE server for a while but it would cost myself way too much money with all my alts.

There hasn't been any surprises (like that) in WoW in a long time, data miners make sure of that. The last time I didn't know what I was getting myself into on WoW was probably sometime in vanilla.

If I had a gaming genie with 3 wishes, one would be to make WoW immune to data mining =P

I'm bummed. I love drastic, surprising changes like forced relocations, surprise destruction of environments, etc. people used to joke all the time about how fucking amazing it would be to log in one day and see that ironforge or Org was just gone and then learn through rapid fire word of mouth what everyone's doing, where people are scrambling to, etc.

They've done this a few times as once-ever events like the the pre-Wrath event with the zombie plague that killed NPCs and messed up entire cities or when Frost Wyrms attacked capitals. I'd love to see another before the next expansion, we didn't get much of one for Mists.

vocab

holy shit!

it really must hurt to be ally on that server...

I'm on Bleeding Hollow myself. 0.734 is not bad all things considered. I've been looking at switching to a PvE server for a while but it would cost myself way too much money with all my alts.

I'm on bleeding hollow, and I probably will never transfer unless all my friends do. It's a pretty good server, and very balanced.

I mean a flying mount that you can use on lvl 20 and BG's like a normal earth mount like the tyrael's flying horse and the Mogu flying dog.

I think some with a run animation on the ground can do that. I hopped on a level 26 character and it could use my argent hippogryph. I didn't bother checking through my collection to see what all works but I bet a bunch do. I know drakes and proto drakes require a certain license to use so those ones wouldn't but perhaps the jeweled panthers would also work?

ZenaxPure

So Hearthstone is pretty awesome. I don't know anything about card games really or how it compares to other stuff but as a Warcraft fan it feels awesome. Classes feel different (since there are a lot of cards you can only use as a specific class) and it does a great job of incorporating class skills from the game + having cards that are true to in game concepts like murlocs with the ability to summon another murloc or buffing their damage the more murlocs you have on the field, most paladin themed cards have divine intervention that protects them against the first attack made against them, and just other stuff like that.

Also really digging the arena mode where you get to make a deck with randomly selected cards and keep playing with it until you lose 3 times (and get better rewards depending on how many games you win before the 3 loses). Can't spend all your time in there though since it costs gold to enter so it balances itself out pretty well I guess.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Apparently "The Dark Below" has also been submitted for trademark in Europe, according to a thread on MMOC, and appears to read identically to the trademark submission for "Reaper of Souls" (which is confirmed for D3), including the legal office that Blizzard uses to file in Europe. It also looks like it's gone beyond just being submitted to actually being reviewed, which would seem to lend more credence to it.

Getting warmer.

Could it possibly be two Diablo 3 expacs?

Sounds weird, but it sounds even weirder that they'd announce the expac before blizzcon.

Where can you find this at? Curious what my old realm is at now.

I think some with a run animation on the ground can do that. I hopped on a level 26 character and it could use my argent hippogryph. I didn't bother checking through my collection to see what all works but I bet a bunch do. I know drakes and proto drakes require a certain license to use so those ones wouldn't but perhaps the jeweled panthers would also work?

Pretty much any mount that has a jumping animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom