• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Getting my DK closer and closer to 90...not a big fan of 89-90. :|

Finally started doing some Golden Lotus and Anglers stuff. You guys weren't kidding about Anglers being pretty easy.
With the rep buff, I was getting 600 a quest for Anglers. (Plus, they're short and fairly easy; save for the actual fishing. lol)
Sadly, I'm only 3(!) rep off of being Friendly with Golden Lotus.

Yeah, 80-85 got crazy nerfed with the pre-patch. Hell, when I was leveling my DK, I got like nearly 40% from 84-85 just from doing Grim Batol and the quests in there. Crazy stuff.

NICE. I'm 78 on my Monk, just two more short levels then I can get into that cata content..... :D

*sigh* Thinking about starting a 4th character even though i've never gotten one past ~35

Is there a server where most of GAF plays? Maybe that will get me to stick with it for more than 2 months at a time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pk88B.jpg

Tarazet

Revered with Shado-Pan. Finally after all the grinding, more gear opens up to me, but I already have the LFR helm and don't have enough VP saved up anyway. Feh. Epic trinket is nice I guess, but not worth prioritizing over other armor pieces.

Also, staring down another 21,000 rep to get the tiger mount is depressing.

Berordn

Revered with Shado-Pan. Finally after all the grinding, more gear opens up to me, but I already have the LFR helm and don't have enough VP saved up anyway. Feh. Epic trinket is nice I guess, but not worth prioritizing over other armor pieces.

But just think of that transmog hat! Let it be your guide!

Shado-Pan dailies are terrible and will never be worth it.

Tarazet

But just think of that transmog hat! Let it be your guide!

Shado-Pan dailies are terrible and will never be worth it.

I already farmed the shit out of Rugged Leathers and Runic Cloth and found someone selling Cured Rugged Hide and Enchanted Leather cheap to get my Runic Leather transmog set. The Shado-Pan hat and tabard look ridiculous with it.

Dresden

Yeah, got my DK to 84 just doing... random shit. The levels go by incredibly fast. I'm thinking about just getting the rest done in BGs so I can enjoy one-shotting people as frost with the absurd Pandaria blues. A single win = two bars; wonder how insane this would have been during AV weekend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The lock-out change for the Korean servers is absolutely ridiculous.

Berordn

I already farmed the shit out of Rugged Leathers and Runic Cloth and found someone selling Cured Rugged Hide and Enchanted Leather cheap to get my Runic Leather transmog set. The Shado-Pan hat and tabard look ridiculous with it.

It looks terrible with most things, honestly. There needs to be more replica Shado-Pan gear since as it is, the helmet only fits a few mail and leather sets, if that.

I'm honestly debating whether or not it's even worth it to hit exalted with them, since Sra'vess is just SO TERRIBLE.

Tarazet

It looks terrible with most things, honestly. There needs to be more replica Shado-Pan gear since as it is, the helmet only fits a few mail and leather sets, if that.

I'm honestly debating whether or not it's even worth it to hit exalted with them, since Sra'vess is just SO TERRIBLE.

I'm going to persevere with it only because it's legitimately challenging (at least, the elite mantid packs are) and that means that having the achievement now, while it's relevant, is meaningful. Then my baby warlock can ride his Shado-Pan tiger.

idlewild_

also a free black cloud serpent mount!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hate how most of the Pandaria exalted mounts are ground only. Which means the only time i'll ever use them is with low lvl alts or when i do BGs. Speaking of PVP, no Wintergrasp or Tol Barad this time kinda sucks too. Maybe it's what that hidden island north of Pandaria will be in a future patch?

Bizazedo

I hate how most of the Pandaria exalted mounts are groun only. Which means the only time i'll ever use them is with low lvl alts or when i do BGs. Speaking of PVP, no Wintergrasp or Tol Barad this time kinda sucks too. Maybe it's what that hidden island north of Pandaria will be in a future patch?

Thought that was trolls?

Berordn

Thought that was trolls?

No confirmation, but we knew Zandalar was on the original plan for the expansion. The Zandalari are up to something with the Thunder King, and while the island itself is obviously unfinished there's already a lot of troll stuff on it, so it's a safe bet.

Ultratech

To be fair, don't they pay by the hour or something? I know it's drastically different there due to laws and restrictions in effect.

man, all these points confuse me. What can I use VP for?

Right now? Buying Epic Level 489 gear and eventually being able to upgrade the ilvl of your items if that ever gets put in. (Not sure if there's something else I'm missing...)

JP can get you Rare Level 458 gear, which is outclassed by Heroic and Crafted Epic gear. (I guess it helps if you're having bad luck with drops.)

ZenaxPure

No confirmation, but we knew Zandalar was on the original plan for the expansion. The Zandalari are up to something with the Thunder King, and while the island itself is obviously unfinished there's already a lot of troll stuff on it, so it's a safe bet.

I'm curious if the remains of Zandalar or something, the trolls in kun-lai mention the island was destroyed in the cataclysm (which makes me personally sad since it was on my top 5 places I wanted to visit in WoW some day) so I've really been curious about that mysterious island.

Honestly I hope it never leaves there. Well, I guess I don't really care about the lockout but going back to a similar loot system in WOTLK can only end in disaster. Starts out fine sure, but then suddenly 25 man raiders with their boosted ilvl are doing more dps than people in 10 man guilds and balancing fights becomes a lot harder and the end result is most 10 man encounters are an absolute joke. Not to mention all the tears on the forums of hardcore raiders having to run LFR, 10, and 25 man in one lockout to get upgrades.

10 and 25s actually felt pretty similar in Cata in terms of difficulty (there was still the occasional fight easier/harder on one, but not as bad as wotlk), would be a shame to throw all that away.

Jrmint

FUCK just found out SP dailies are on Sra'Vess today, and I need them to get my revered trinket today -.-

That island makes me rage.

Berordn

I'm fine with separate lockouts but not the ilvl changes.

Especially since it seems to be more or less accepted that 25 man is easier overall, as compensation for having a larger raid to coordinate. 10-man is so finely tuned at times you're pushing your luck if your whole group isn't at 99% efficiency.

Unless they want to make 25-man into hard mode again, it's a stupid change.

Guys, the Korean 10/25 thing will not make it back over here. I can guarantee this.

Though I did like the Wrath raiding model, I think Blizzard is in too deep at this point to go back to that. The problem is that a lot of 10 man guilds are now established and that would ruin them.

I'm not worried it'll come over here at all, since it's like you said where we're far too entrenched in 10-man guilds for them to even consider it. I just think it's silly that some branch of Blizzard, somewhere, actually is.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Guys, the Korean 10/25 thing will not make it back over here. I can guarantee this.

Though I did like the Wrath raiding model, I think Blizzard is in too deep at this point to go back to that. The problem is that a lot of 10 man guilds are now established and that would ruin them.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The feedback on the US forums regarding this change to raid lockouts is hilarious. Though I think it's important to have it a hot topic, because it is indeed very unfair to European and US players. I will eagerly await a reply from Blizzard on this.

With the amount of complaints already seen on this, I'm not so sure. Remember when Kotick tried to implement Real ID on the forums?

ampere

It's probably like the twice a week lockout reset they tested in Korea during Firelands, it'll result in some Korean guild getting more loot and getting world first for the next raids that come out lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
FUCK just found out SP dailies are on Sra'Vess today, and I need them to get my revered trinket today -.-

That island makes me rage.

Is Sra'vess the one that you have to put smoke near buildings and kill a bunch of insects? Those elite ones seems to evade bug sometimes for some reason. And it's way too easy to pull many of them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;43599654 said:
The feedback on the US forums regarding this change to raid lockouts is hilarious. Though I think it's important to have it a hot topic, because it is indeed very unfair to European and US players. I will eagerly await a reply from Blizzard on this.

With the amount of complaints already seen on this, I'm not so sure. Remember when Kotick tried to implement Real ID on the forums?

True, but that was a different kind of back lash. I don't think Blizzard would so hastily announce that they're going to be reverting back to the old raiding model. Not to say that I wouldn't mind, but my raiding guild/team would suffer. We have 2 10 man groups - do we want to raid together and recruit a few more players? Do we stay a 10 man guild? 25 man raiders then have to do 10 mans every week for their chance at loot the potential missing loot as well.

Rapstah

15-or-so EU servers have been down for four or five hours now. I happen to have all my characters of importance split across them. :/

Enosh

so if this indeed goes live, asian realms get "disqualified" out of the world first race?

I really hope this bullshit doesn't go live here, people already hate the dailies, having to do them, 25 man, 10 man and lfr in one week will burn out people fast as fuck

Rösti;43599654 said:

Why can't Blizzard be responsible for Blizzard mistakes instead of making it seems like Kotick/Activison pulls all the strings? Seriously. I love Blizzard, but they're like Madonna with the amount of things that need to happen their way. If they didn't want it, it would have never happened. And I don't expect that to change until they hemorrhage money - then the stockholders are stepping in.

That said... as Ultratech said... they have different rules there. Probably just trying to play along with those.

Rösti;43599654 said:

I confess to no small amount of schadenfreude every time top 50 EU/US guilds begin pouring their menstrual material into the official Blizzard forums about any imbalance over how fast other, unrelated guilds get to progress through PvE content. It's the world first Heroic Shannox kill, all over again.

TheYanger

I think it'll come eventually. They've continually posted that they aren't happy with how equality has cannibalized 25 man guilds because 10 is so much easier, even at times when it's close to equal, The old model always had success in both sizes (Those that enjoy 10s were still able to run them quite easily before, while 25s are actively being killed currently due to logistics vs reward). Yeah people complain, but people have complained about every single change regarding raids ever in the game, that's not a reason NOT to do it. People complained about equality in the first place for the same reason.

I don't agree that 10 man heroics are necessarily easier than 25 man heroics. It's more a function of the fight mechanics + how Blizzard has decided to distribute buffs/debuffs between the classes. 10 mans are much more brittle in that regard.

TheYanger

I don't agree that 10 man heroics are necessarily easier than 25 man heroics. It's more a function of the fight mechanics + how Blizzard has decided to distribute buffs/debuffs between the classes. 10 mans are much more brittle in that regard.

Even if the fights are 100% equal, 25 mans are logisitcally harder is my point.

Berordn

But then you also get extra assistance like the three battle rezzes. It seemed like they had always been veering toward making 25 mans more forgiving while making them logistically more challenging to compensate.

But I don't pay close enough attention to the parses for MSV 25 to know anything on the matter. Are the DPS requirements for 25 man higher than they were in Cata or something?

Maybe it's harder to communicate with 25 people in mumble over 10. Or it's more expensive for 25 people to eat +300 stat food per pull than 10. I don't think either of these is combated well by Blizzard, and the lockout changes don't address them appropriately.

Draxal

But then you also get extra assistance like the three battle rezzes. It seemed like they had always been veering toward making 25 mans more forgiving while making them logistically more challenging to compensate.

But I don't pay close enough attention to the parses for MSV 25 to know anything on the matter. Are the DPS requirements for 25 man higher than they were in Cata or something?

When you get up to +25, you have more chances for accidental dc's and stuff like that. It's also a lot easier to have an equal 10 player raid in skill then 25 man, so you'll have the best 10 from a 25 man form their own ten man.

Honestly, I think the ideal would have to just 25's right now with lfr, normal modes, and hard modes, but there would be so much pushback for that it would be impossible to implement.

Jrmint

That is true to some extent, but at the same time 10 man has harder qualities as well.

Case in point would be deaths. If 1 person dies in 10 man, that is 20% of your dps, or 33% of your heals and is not as easily recovered from. Same as 1 or 2 underperforming raiders.

In 25 man these kinds of deficiencies can be made up for. You are still easily able to kill a boss with 1 or 2 deaths, or underperforming people.

As a result I feel 10 mans require much a much more refined team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom