• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eiolon

Pretty sure you can't transfer to Illidan at this moment. They'd either have to shuffle two realms together or block character creation based on faction imbalance to really combat it and that's a poor user experience.

Yes, you can. I transferred two weeks ago to it and did a faction change to Horde in the process. I didn't think they would allow it due to the insane imbalance but it was no problem.

Yes! Hit my first goal of 100k today on my main. Next step is 250k

Will be interesting, 2 new players in gem market is making things tougher.

Coming back after 2 years, was looking at all my characters in remote app and found a bank alt on another server that has 45k lol

Tamanon

Banned

Will be interesting, 2 new players in gem market is making things tougher.

Coming back after 2 years, was looking at all my characters in remote app and found a bank alt on another server that has 45k lol

Easiest way to get that money transferred to your main server is through Battle Pets. Buy ones on the server with that money, learn them. Then convert them to cages on your regular server and sell them. Just want to make sure the prices aren't way different!

Easiest way to get that money transferred to your main server is through Battle Pets. Buy ones on the server with that money, learn them. Then convert them to cages on your regular server and sell them. Just want to make sure the prices aren't way different!

Thankfully I had a level 74 DK too on that server, I leveled him to 81 and transferred the gold with him.

Trying to figure out which mount to spend some gold on now from that 46k. Maybe make myself a panther

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I've been playing PVP a lot lately. So much fun when you're not getting CC'd up the ass.

It's still world of loss-of-control-of-your-character-for-7-seconds-craft.

Ironic that the expansion focusing on the war between Alliance and Horde has some of the worst PVP in the games history. A lot of the fishhead pvp nerds have stopped playing altogether.

Here's something else nerdy: Anyone notice that Garrosh was using Warsong Howling Axe in the trailer, and not Gorehowl?

Granted, they're essentially the same thing, but you can tell that warsong howling axe is stubbier and no spikes on the back. Considering how meticulous and amazingly well done the trailer was, was it a mistake or intentional?

Probably a mistake. The art (which will probably be the 5.4 wallpaper, can't wait) over the trailer video has him holding the correct looking Gorehowl.

sqwarlock

Any GAF Horders on Illidan?

I have a few "abandoned" 85s on Illidan. Haven't played them much since I rolled Alliance on Sargeras when I came back to the game.

Also, I've been ganked about 10 times since stepping foot in Vash'jir, and I'm not even 81 yet. I understand that I rolled on a PvP server and this is expected, but do you really need to camp me when I'm just trying to quest?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Probably a mistake. The art (which will probably be the 5.4 wallpaper, can't wait) over the trailer video has him holding the correct looking Gorehowl.

But that's weird right? They spend so much time animating that segment and everything, I can't even begin to conceive what kind of work goes into it, yet they fuck up the weapon. Kinda strange.

I'm not suggesting some sort of conspiracy or anything here, just odd.

Westlo

This timeless isle seems like a fantastic way to gear up alts with the BOA 496 gear tokens, but what's the point of valor in 5.4? Just to purchase the cheaper 522 gear from SP Assault?

You should hit 250k withing a week or two after 5.4, I went from 450k to 700k (my highest point) after the first 2 weeks of 5.3. That patch is nothing compared to the gold making opportunity of 5.4 and I didn't even really prepare for it. My current cash total is 390k, I've spent a lot of money for stock to sell in 5.4, I'm hoping to go from whatever my total is at the start of 5.4 to 1 million.

So my target is hit 1 million on Frostmourne, next is hit 1 million on each faction. Than buy a spectral tiger and after that get dat money back.

Tamanon

Banned
This timeless isle seems like a fantastic way to gear up alts with the BOA 496 gear tokens, but what's the point of valor in 5.4? Just to purchase the cheaper 522 gear from SP Assault?

You should hit 250k withing a week or two after 5.4, I went from 450k to 700k (my highest point) after the first 2 weeks of 5.3. That patch is nothing compared to the gold making opportunity of 5.4 and I didn't even really prepare for it. My current cash total is 390k, I've spent a lot of money for stock to sell in 5.4, I'm hoping to go from whatever my total is at the start of 5.4 to 1 million.

I guess they're keeping the upgraders also for Valor points, so can sink some into upgrading your SoO gear.

So my target is hit 1 million on Frostmourne, next is hit 1 million on each faction. Than buy a spectral tiger and after that get dat money back.

How much time do you spend on making gold? Sounds like you probably farm and also buy low on the AH? I'm slowly working my way up to the 108k for the Grand Expedition Yak and while I don't intend to change my habits towards earning gold (I get 2-5k a week from the bit I play currently) I'm curious what could be changed to help make some maybe a little quicker.

I have been stashing some Ghost Iron Ore and both Trillium Ores for 5.4 since I figure both will be snapped up for the engineering mounts.

Westlo

How much time do you spend on making gold? Sounds like you probably farm and also buy low on the AH? I'm slowly working my way up to the 108k for the Grand Expedition Yak and while I don't intend to change my habits towards earning gold (I get 2-5k a week from the bit I play currently) I'm curious what could be changed to help make some maybe a little quicker.

I have been stashing some Ghost Iron Ore and both Trillium Ores for 5.4 since I figure both will be snapped up for the engineering mounts.

I never farm, the game is boring enough at times without having to resort to doing that, and to boot I don't have the time to do that. I just play the AH while I'm reading GAF, waiting for LFR to pop the rare time I feel like doing them or whatever. Like hit search for 80-84 MOP blues, read a few posts, switch over, buy anything cheap, hit search on Weapons, read some more posts etc. Spend 2 mins looking @ wowuction's current low auctions and than do whatever. Maybe takes 20 mins tops and sometimes I do it twice a day (second time is much quicker since I don't have to post), and sometimes I don't log on for a few days.

But yeah easy gold maker is MOP Blues. I grabbed this yesterday for 200g.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87467/ravenclaw-harbinger. Wowheads buyout price is 4k, but that's an easy 8-10k on frostmourne.

But yeah flipping and playing the AH is the way to go...

Magnificent Hides were going for 200g on Frostmourne a few days ago, you need 2 of them for the new leatherworking cooldown, they are all pretty much 300g from this point on and I'm guessing they will go up. You could've been buying hundreds, and hundreds of them between 200-250g in the last 6 weeks to sell for 400g post patch.

You just apply that thinking to other things you notice in patchnotes, just as you have yourself with ghost iron and trillium ore.

the right addons speeds up this process considerably. I would've even bother with this with the default UI for the AH. Like look at this screen.

http://media-curse.cursecdn.com/attachments/2/668/1d638e6bba70ad1212732e454aa2648e.JPG

Say everything under 5g per item is the "price" you're going for. To purchase 9 stacks of 5 and 4 stacks of 20 i only need to make 14 keypresses. Not only does it save on clliking a lot of shit, It lists them in the right order, so in the default UI i'm clicking way too much and having to scroll all over the place to get the right one. Search might take a min or two but I'm doing something else while that's going on.

Once you get the pricing on your realm, and the process right it's doesn't take much time at all. Of course the more you put into it the more you get out of it, like I only have 4 "goldmaking" toons on my server yet others have 11 90's by now lol.

But for the amount of time I play, the effort I put into it, I'm happy with it. And whenever I eventually level another character to 90 (I have a 78, 73, 73 and 69) that's just another string to my bow.

You also have to know when to cut your losses, like I have 36 haunting spirits on my alliance toon, got them for like 1.4k when 2k was the avg price, they've crashed to like 1.2k now so I gotta sell them today if possible or whenever I log in next.

Same deal with Sha Crystals, have 400 of them, need to sell as much of them as I can before 5.4. But I can see a big spike in sha crystal enchants week 1 before the new tailoring patterns (the PVP Epics DE into Sha fragments, 3 sha fragments = 1 sha crystal, so cheapest Tailort PVP pattern x 3 = new cost price of Sha Crystal) kills prices pretty quickly.

Gold advice

Thanks for all of that. I used Auctioneer years ago during BC. Perhaps I should jump back into it to help out. I do very minor versions of what you do anytime I see someone undercutting by too much. Instead of going under someone selling a stack of Ghost Iron Ore for 40g when everyone else is selling for 80+g I'll buy out all the lower and then sell them along with mine for 70g or whatever. Reselling the blues sounds like a really good idea.

Is your server pretty active? Mine says medium but it seems fairly dead and the AH is much less busy than I've experienced on some past servers. I imagine that will affect the ease of making big money playing the AH.

Touchdown

Banned
ugh, don't think my raid is going to get Lei Shen down before the next patch. I'm so frustrated. :( We're having so much trouble with him.

Question: Does anyone know if you can accept more than one Scroll of Reserection? I accepted one last year when Pandaria came out, but havent had an active account since November of last year. Is there anything new with the Scrolls or is it just once and only if inactive since March of 2012?

*Edit* Thanks for the answer! Removed my email addy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, is the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar just not on the PTR? I'm surprised we still don't know who is gonna replace Garrosh.

Magnus

They've done this a few times as once-ever events like the the pre-Wrath event with the zombie plague that killed NPCs and messed up entire cities or when Frost Wyrms attacked capitals. I'd love to see another before the next expansion, we didn't get much of one for Mists.

I'd take the occasional technical fuck-ups if it would mean avoiding PTR testing and shit. More secrecy, more surprises, PLEASE!!

Magnus

I am so terrible at making gold on the AH. Any time I try any strategy suggested I get completely burned. AH prices tend to sway too much and I can never seem to observe and act on the right trends. Couldn't be bothered to get addons and do any sort of analyses. Just not fun for me when I could be spending whatever time I have with the game actually playing and going out and killing shit, leveling, raiding, etc.

I envy the cash flow you guys have though. I have 18k on one server and 3k on another, for 11 characters (and one active main) to share. I don't feel 'tight' at all on the 18k server, but it'd be so nice to be able to afford a major luxury like the Expedition Yak or something some day.

BoE purples are always out of the question. Couldn't ever fathom spending over 2k on one piece of gear, nevermind the 10 or 20k asking price for most of them. Craziness.

CassSept

They've done this a few times as once-ever events like the the pre-Wrath event with the zombie plague that killed NPCs and messed up entire cities or when Frost Wyrms attacked capitals. I'd love to see another before the next expansion, we didn't get much of one for Mists.

Pre-Cata was underwhelming too. At this moment they are probably afraid. The pre-Wrath event got a HUGE backlash from a major part of community that couldn't accept not being able to level alts or whatever.

That event was insanely fun and great to break the mold. Shame it got cut short because of whiners. Teaming up with Alliance to wreck havoc on cities, ohhh yeah.

Question: Does anyone know if you can accept more than one Scroll of Reserection? I accepted one last year when Pandaria came out, but havent had an active account since November of last year. Is there anything new with the Scrolls or is it just once and only if inactive since March of 2012? If anyone wants to try sending me one, hiddenmists@gmail.com that would be great.

You can only accept one with an account that's been inactive since the date in March 2012. Since you've already received one and played after March 2012 you're not able to receive another Scroll of Resurrection.

Neverfade

So I really want the recruit a friend mount. If anyone knows someone who's trying to get into WOW, or wants to start a second account I'm offering to pay for the two months required to get my rewards. (So the cost to you is just the battle chest) Otherwise I'm just going to make a second account and its going to go to waste.

PM me if interested.

ZenaxPure

Pre-Cata was underwhelming too.

Man I couldn't disagree more. I really loved the quest system they had set up with the Pre-cata event. In a lot of ways it felt like the 5.1 stuff since you got new quests every few days.

I enjoyed it because it was actually something that changed and progressed. It all started with a few dudes outside the capital cities gathering together, then they made their way inside and started secretly setting up, then they started overwhelming the town, eventually leading to the attack event. Then there was all the other stuff as well with delivering the tablet (at least alliance side, not sure if horde did the same or something else) and visiting Thrall and shit.

Honestly I'd love another pre-expansion event that was similar. It actually felt like a set up with a proper conclusion instead of most of the other events which tend to feel more random.

sqwarlock

This is probably the most insane direct upgrade I've ever experienced.

17klncY.png

Nugg

So, is the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar just not on the PTR? I'm surprised we still don't know who is gonna replace Garrosh.

I believe the Horde is going to remain leader-less until next patch. I don't remember where I read that.

I believe the Horde is going to remain leader-less until next patch. I don't remember where I read that.

No, I don't believe so. After the datamining yet again, Wrathion is pissed since Varian lets the Horde rebuild after the events in 5.4. Someone takes charge, but we don't know who.

Jedi2016

No, I don't believe so. After the datamining yet again, Wrathion is pissed since Varian lets the Horde rebuild after the events in 5.4. Someone takes charge, but we don't know who.
Hard to tell from datamining. When you start the questline, Wrathion states quite clearly that he's 100% behind the [insert player faction here], so it's possible that the text that was mined only represents one possible outcome/statement, made specifically for Alliance players. There may be another version where he states (for Horde players) that he's supremely pleased by the outcome, and that he believes [insert new Warchief here] will do what's best for all of Azeroth.

Ultratech

I'm pretty sure Blizzard have no idea what to do with Rexxar anymore.

Something I kinda found interesting was the fact they jacked him up a bit for Mists.

Go over to Blade's Edge and he's rocking 348M HP (and if you're Alliance and feel silly enough to attack him, he'll wail on non-Plate classes for over 200k per hit and kill ya quick).

Before Mists, he was only at 68M HP.

God I hate Durumu LFR so fucking much. First queue, get group at Dark Animus. Meh, whatever. Second queue, fresh run. First off, we have no spell haste (huge pet peeve of mine as a Mage) and only 1 brez (0 DK's and Druids and 1 lock). First attempt, 4 healers and the lock die to maze, we wipe. Second attempt, 5 healers and the lock dies to maze and we wipe. The only healer that lived through it leaves after the wipe and I say fuck it and do as well.

Queue again, fresh run. First attempt, someone pulls when no one is ready. Then someone with the blue beam (we didn't see who) never moves. Lots of people (me included) die to maze because we can't see the ground. Second attempt, someone with the blue beam AGAIN doesn't move (this time we see who) and most people die to maze. That person leaves. 3rd attempt, 2 dps die almost instantly (not sure how) and a 3rd dies shortly after. Decent amount of people survive the maze. Get another maze because of being 3 dps down almost the whole fight, about 10 people live. We end up finally killing him a little before a 3rd maze and enrage comes.

Just needed to vent a little.

God I hate Durumu LFR so fucking much. First queue, get group at Dark Animus. Meh, whatever. Second queue, fresh run. First off, we have no spell haste (huge pet peeve of mine as a Mage) and only 1 brez (0 DK's and Druids and 1 lock). First attempt, 4 healers and the lock die to maze, we wipe. Second attempt, 5 healers and the lock dies to maze and we wipe. The only healer that lived through it leaves after the wipe and I say fuck it and do as well.

Queue again, fresh run. First attempt, someone pulls when no one is ready. Then someone with the blue beam (we didn't see who) never moves. Lots of people (me included) die to maze because we can't see the ground. Second attempt, someone with the blue beam AGAIN doesn't move (this time we see who) and most people die to maze. That person leaves. 3rd attempt, 2 dps die almost instantly (not sure how) and a 3rd dies shortly after. Decent amount of people survive the maze. Get another maze because of being 3 dps down almost the whole fight, about 10 people live. We end up finally killing him a little before a 3rd maze and enrage comes.

Just needed to vent a little.

I feel ya. Jumped on and saw a request for Oon. Last four times I've tried, it's failed miserably. So... what the hell. Fifth time is a charm, right?

Bzzzt.

Seriously don't understand how people can't take Oon down by now. It hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom