• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Any ideas on where a level 60 Blood Elf can get a cool flying mount? The ones you can buy from Orgrimmar are so plain, and mounts on Blizz's store are too expensive. D:

mclem

Go over to Blade's Edge and he's rocking 348M HP (and if you're Alliance and feel silly enough to attack him, he'll wail on non-Plate classes for over 200k per hit and kill ya quick).

How much HP does the world boss version of Garrosh have?

(As an aside: I remember being slightly amused - although I did note the logic - that it was possible to get the "Stood in the Fire" achievement - to get killed by Deathwing - *in* the raid, when the way to get it prior to that was to encounter him attacking a zone and, well, stand in the fire. I wonder if it's possible to get "Death to the Warchief!" in SoO?

And, for that matter, and a very pressing query: In SoO, can you fish?)

Nugg

Any ideas on where a level 60 Blood Elf can get a cool flying mount? The ones you can buy from Orgrimmar are so plain, and mounts on Blizz's store are too expensive. D:

Sadly if this is your only character, you don't have many options. The mounts you'll find at the auction house will be crazy expensive, and the others are out of reach to a level 60.

How much HP does the world boss version of Garrosh have?

(As an aside: I remember being slightly amused - although I did note the logic - that it was possible to get the "Stood in the Fire" achievement - to get killed by Deathwing - *in* the raid, when the way to get it prior to that was to encounter him attacking a zone and, well, stand in the fire. I wonder if it's possible to get "Death to the Warchief!" in SoO?

You could always get it from Dragon Soul. Saw it gotten so many times from LFR wipes on spine.

CassSept

This is probably the most insane direct upgrade I've ever experienced.

http://i.imgur.com/17klncY.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

The difference must be amazing. I used the items from archeo on my tank alt mainly to raise ilvl :/ Having a proper weapon (sword from Mantids) was helpful though

That said, does anyone know of any addon that indexes >all< of the items you posses across different characters? I lost, literally [i]lost[/i] my Sonic Pulse Generator. I can't find it on any of my characters, nor in any bank, even item restoration. It's like it vanished. I tried to locate it but it's as if it vanished, completely. By now I have a ton of items across many characters so that doesn't help, but I never had an item completely lost. Jesus.

zugzug

You could always get it from Dragon Soul. Saw it gotten so many times from LFR wipes on spine.

heh I remember being one of those people pre-cata that was zomg I've never seen him fly thru a zone I was zomg he is a myth until the very end.

but typical blizzard to give away this achive in that manner allowing to get from raid.

mclem

Yes, but my point was that the *original* means of getting the achievement (Get hit by one of Deathwing's random raids on a zone) was augmented by a new, and completely different means (Die to the final two bosses in Dragon Soul) - but was still true to the actual stated goal of the achievement. That's not insignificant, and makes me wonder if Death To The Warchief will function similarly - logically it *should*, at least, even if the intent behind it is a bit different.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hearthstone thread anywhere?

vocab

Anyone here a full time mistweaver?

How often do you fistweave in raid, and is it ever worth the mana these days vs actual healing?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The duel against Wrathion during the legendary chain was quite hard with my mage. I defeated him and i think i only had like 5000 hp left. The fight would be much easier if it wasn't for the adds.

Hopefully the melee DPS/healer duel will be a little easier once i get there with my Holy/Ret paladin. Which one should i do?

Draxal

The duel against Wrathion during the legendary chain was quite hard with my mage. I defeated him and i think i only had like 5000 hp left. The fight would be much easier if it wasn't for the adds.

Hopefully the melee DPS/healer duel will be a little easier once i get there with my Holy/Ret paladin. Which one should i do?

Melee dps one is kinda hard but a ret paladin can cheese the fight.

Repentance him until hoj is off cooldown, hoj burst for 5 seconds, repentance him. While killing adds the entire time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

I tried the melee challenge with my warrior and didn't go far. The oozes Wrathion spawn (this ability can be interrupted though) were definately the biggest problem as they hit very hard and are quite fast. The fiery zones randomly spawned together with the disadvantage you have if you are standing/moving in front of Wrathion doesn't help either. I couldn't finish that challenge so I moved on to the tanking challenge which is much easier. Though I think it shouldn't be too difficult with the melee challenge if you have got good enough self healing abilities.

CassSept

Dots help a lot in the melee challenge. I did it with assa rogue and the key to dealing with adds was a lot of running around, casting 2-3 FoKs when I was close to them and hoping Deadly Poison procs. It took me about 4-5 tries with ilvl of around 510-515.

Tacitus_

I found it quite easy *shrug*
The key point of the ranged fight is to avoid the adds while attacking Wrathion from behind.

Jag

Got a question about upgrading for 5.4. I want to get to 496 so I can do the new raid content. I resubbed yesterday after a glorious 9 month break. I'm sitting at 460 now.

Any suggestions on getting up to 496 without raiding old content? Is Shado Pan still the best VP vendor in 5.4?

This is what I read in the patch notes

Adjustments have been made to Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters.

Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%.

Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor.

Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Point cost reduced by 75%.
No changes for items that require an Exalted reputation.

I have 3000VP, 2300JP and 4000Honor stashed away as well as a bunch of cash. My concerns is that I have more VP than JP, but other than Shado Pan, most stuff will cost JP. There is also no way I can get my rep up before the patch drops either, so I need to wait.

My other question is is there anything I should be buying now or just wait for the patch and try to gear up that way. If I am waiting, can someone recommend some good upgrades so I don't waste my points. Thanks!

Ultratech

Got a question about upgrading for 5.4. I want to get to 496 so I can do the new raid content. I resubbed yesterday after a glorious 9 month break. I'm sitting at 460 now.

Any suggestions on getting up to 496 without raiding old content? Is Shado Pan still the best VP vendor in 5.4?

I have 3000VP, 2300JP and 4000Honor stashed away as well as a bunch of cash. My concerns is that I have more VP than JP, but other than Shado Pan, most stuff will cost JP. There is also no way I can get my rep up before the patch drops either, so I need to wait.

My other question is is there anything I should be buying now or just wait for the patch and try to gear up that way. If I am waiting, can someone recommend some good upgrades so I don't waste my points. Thanks!

Hmm...well, it's up to you I guess. Patch isn't that far off now.

The normal rep gear is 489, and with all that being converted to JP, they should be pretty easy to get.

Shado-Pan Assault has 522 stuff, but you won't have much available at first. The neck you can buy at Neutral will help a lot, so grab that.
With the rep requirements falling after the patch, getting most of that gear will help boost your ilvl a lot.
There's no extra VP vendor in 5.4 (that we know of), so they're still the best.

Another alternative after the patch hits is the Timeless Isle which has tokens that can generate 496 gear and be further upgraded to 535.

Edit: Also forgot Heroic Scenarios; They may give you a 516 piece. There's also a one-time quest that gives you a guaranteed one for beating a HS.
You need a 480 ilvl to queue for those though.

Keep in mind the SoO LFR stuff probably won't be out for a week or two, and even then, the release of its wings will be staggered.

mclem

Minor word of warning: There are *two* Shado Pan reps. Shado Pan and Shado Pan Assault. The latter is the best valor gear currently available, although I don't know how rapidly it'll be superseded by 5.4 valor stuff.

Jag

Minor word of warning: There are *two* Shado Pan reps. Shado Pan and Shado Pan Assault. The latter is the best valor gear currently available, although I don't know how rapidly it'll be superseded by 5.4 valor stuff.

Ok, I don't think I knew that. Thanks. I'll go check out Wowhead. Fucking Blizz, as if the rep stuff wasn't confusing enough!

mclem

Ok, I don't think I knew that. Thanks. I'll go check out Wowhead. Fucking Blizz, as if the rep stuff wasn't confusing enough!

I recall having to explain to a guildie that no, just because they were Exalted with the Argent Dawn, that didn't mean squat for the Argent Crusade. It's nothing new! :)

ampere

Want to get Ol' Crafty?

lol. I got ganked a lot getting that one. Found a good elevated spot near a waterfall where not many Horde would see me and that worked out.

There is no "5.4 valor gear" unless Blizzard pulls a last minute switcharoo. There are 496 epics on the Timeless Isle which you can upgrade to 535s somehow, so that will be the best non-raiding gear.

Tacitus_

My suggestion would be to stick as close to the valor cap as you can so you're prepared for the patch and otherwise get the shado-pan assault neutral stuff now and try to hit 480 so you can go to ToT LFR to earn more reputation for it and to open up Heroic Scenarios which can give you 516 items. Also if you have some money saved up, look into the craftables, the pieces requiring Blood Spirits should be somewhat cheap now. Pick up a 502 weapon from a blacksmith if you're loaded or if you know someone with an excess of Lightning Steel Ingots.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Blizzard took out VP because they're still on the "grind dailies" kick.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Source?
Isn't this the ending of the current pvp season? Though it has always been that end of pvp season means new patch incoming there is no assurance that the days are the same. Am i wrong?

The PVP season wouldn't continue into a patch where all the classes are changed dramatically. If anything the patch may release later than the 27th, no chance of it being before.

Windam

Scaley member
Am I correct in assuming that the quickest way to level to 90 is to use the Random Dungeon Finder, then the Raid Finder option? Gives pretty good experience. Also, someone mentioned something about heirlooms, but I've no clue what they are/do/where to get them. Any help for a newbie? :D

Bisnic

Am I correct in assuming that the quickest way to level to 90 is to use the Random Dungeon Finder, then the Raid Finder option? Gives pretty good experience. Also, someone mentioned something about heirlooms, but I've no clue what they are/do/where to get them. Any help for a newbie? :D

Raid Finder is for max lvl only.

I found that the quickest way to lvl up is doing quests in the recommended zones (if you're lvl 24, do quests in a lvl 20-25 zone, then switch once you hit lvl 25 for a 25-30 zone) and use the dungeon finder once in a while. I usually only use the random dungeons tool when all the (yellow name) dungeons are new, then switch to specific ones that i haven't done the quests yet.

Heirlooms are gear you buy with your high lvl character that you can do send to your low lvl alts so that they can lvl faster, since their stats are as good as blue items and have +5% or +10% extra XP attached to them. These items also automatically adjust their stats according to the lvl of the character using them, so you pretty much wear the same chest/pants/helm/shoulders/cape/weapon from lvl 1 to 85.

Windam

Scaley member
Raid Finder is for max lvl only.

I found that the quickest way to lvl up is doing quests in the recommended zones (if you're lvl 24, do quests in a lvl 20-25 zone, then switch once you hit lvl 25 for a 25-30 zone) and use the dungeon finder once in a while. I usually only use the random dungeons tool when all the (yellow name) dungeons are new, then switch to specific ones that i haven't done the quests yet.

Heirlooms are item you buy with your high lvl character that you can do send to your low lvl alts so that they can lvl faster, since their stats are as good as blue items and have +5% or +10% extra XP attached to them.

Ah thanks. The Raid Finder says it unlocks at level 85, but okay. And well crap, all I have is the level 60 hunter, and a 58 death knight (it was a chore getting there *groan*) on another server.

Bisnic

There is only one raid at lvl 85 that works with the Raid Finder. But i doubt anyone does it anymore since the gear is outdated. You won't find 24 other lvl 85s willing to queue for it. Everyone go straight to Pandaria once they hit lvl 85.

Windam

Scaley member
There is only one raid at lvl 85 that works with the Raid Finder. But i doubt anyone does it anymore since the gear is outdated. You won't find 24 other lvl 85s willing to queue for it. Everyone go straight to Pandaria once they hit lvl 85.

Ah thanks for the info. Feels like I started the game too late, seeing all the 90s running around (and killing me when I try to quest, stupid PvP server) and all the flying mounts everywhere. ;__;

Jag

Ah thanks for the info. Feels like I started the game too late, seeing all the 90s running around (and killing me when I try to quest, stupid PvP server) and all the flying mounts everywhere. ;__;

Ooh, that's got to be tough now. At least the servers are all pretty quiet lately. It will only get worse with x-realm is my guess. But if you have the time, leveling via dungeons helps.

Bisnic

Oh... PVP server? The dungeon finder might be better than quests then. At least you'll avoid getting ganked and camped by bored high lvls.

But believe me, even if you started playing 3-4 years ago, you would still be getting ganked by high lvls and their flying mounts just like today. :p

Windam

Scaley member
Oh... PVP server? The dungeon finder might be better than quests then. At least you'll avoid getting ganked and camped by bored high lvls.

But believe me, even if you joined 3-4 years ago, you would still be getting ganked by high lvls just like today. :p

Just took the portal to the Blasted Lands. Died instantly and watched 5 others meet the same fate thanks to a camping lvl 90 mage. Bleh. The price you pay for wanting to play on the second most populated server (Illidan). :( Anyone want to add me? PM me! I only have two other people who play, and they're on different servers, so it gets kinda boring when they're offline and I've no one to talk to. :p

RPGCrazied

Oh snap! Look what I got today. :p

ohyea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom