• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 504 at the moment, and I'm saving my valor for the new patch. I just wanted to be able to raid from Day 1 of the patch, but I dunno if my gear will be up to snuff. Might not even be high enough to do Flex.

Edit: Any Warlock PvPers here? Currently grinding out some honor for AV Call to Arms, and wondering if I should change my offspec to Affliction instead of Demo. Destro is my PvE spec because I don't have UVLS or the legendary meta yet, but I'm already bored of it, and my PvE spec won't be changing until a few weeks into the new raid probably, unless I get really lucky with gear. I only have a few Malev pieces and a Tyrannical neck, would playing Affliction make me significantly worse in PvP? Or should I stick with Demo or Destro in PvP for now?

I don't believe Flex has an ilvl minimum as it'll be up to the group to decide if they want to drag someone along that might be as well geared. But it also allows better geared players to bring in some lower geared guildmates or whatever to help them gear up and experience Flex. Pretty certain this was all talked about previously but perhaps I'm confusing it with something else.

cdyhybrid

I don't believe Flex has an ilvl minimum as it'll be up to the group to decide if they want to drag someone along that might be as well geared. But it also allows better geared players to bring in some lower geared guildmates or whatever to help them gear up and experience Flex. Pretty certain this was all talked about previously but perhaps I'm confusing it with something else.

Oh I know that. I'm worried my iLvl won't be high enough and my guild won't even want to carry me to help me gear up :p

Jag

I believe SoO is open for 496 and above. I'd have to imagine your 522 gear balances out enough to easily put you up over that unless you haven't been spending your valor on the 522 gear and only have one or two pieces. Not to mention the +8 to each item with upgrades.

I read that SoO is going to be 496, plus when they reduce the rep requirements it should be easy to attain which is why GC said to stockpile VPs.

Is everyone on GAF Horde? I've been playing the same main toon I created at release on Whisperwind Alliance and never made the switch to horde side.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Its going to feel weird next patch to spend VP only on upgrading your currently equipped gear. Not for buying actual new pieces.

Oh well, at least that means i won't have to do a heroic or scenario everyday just to hit that weekly 1000 VP.

CassSept

I've updated the OT with this document.

I also added a few other cinematics.

Huh, I was looking through the cinematics and jumped back to MoP announcement with some dim hope that maaaaybeee something will be teased tomorrow
(I know, I know :()
and was surprised that Isle of Giants was actually included in the original map of Pandaria. I wasn't really following WoW that well back then so I completely forgot about it.

Westlo

Thanks for all of that. I used Auctioneer years ago during BC. Perhaps I should jump back into it to help out. I do very minor versions of what you do anytime I see someone undercutting by too much. Instead of going under someone selling a stack of Ghost Iron Ore for 40g when everyone else is selling for 80+g I'll buy out all the lower and then sell them along with mine for 70g or whatever. Reselling the blues sounds like a really good idea.

Is your server pretty active? Mine says medium but it seems fairly dead and the AH is much less busy than I've experienced on some past servers. I imagine that will affect the ease of making big money playing the AH.

I'm on Frostmourne which is high pop, I've only played on high pop servers throughout my many years in WoW. From Proudmoore (Unofficial Oceanic PVE) > Blackrock (Unofficial Oceanic PVP) > Frostmourne (biggest Oceanic server, pvp).

You get more comp on bigger servers (can't stand selling glyphs, have given up on it), but you also get a lot more buyers as well. I guess Frostmourne horde is like high mids while Frostmourne alliance is high pop period.

There is no "5.4 valor gear" unless Blizzard pulls a last minute switcharoo. There are 496 epics on the Timeless Isle which you can upgrade to 535s somehow, so that will be the best non-raiding gear.

The 535 ilevel epics are made from using a Burden of Eternity on your choice of 496 epic. Seems to come from a "Blazing Chest", I'm guessing they will be using a similar system to the treasure trove chest on IoT so you can only loot one of them a week.

You can also buy them off Mistweave Ai on the Timeless Isle for 50,000 Timeless Coins, that NPC also directly sells 535 trinkets as well for the same price.

100,000 Timeless Coins = Heavenly Golden Cloud Serpent (Diff vendor, just putting this here)
50,000 Timeless Coins = Burden of Eternity, 535 Trinkets
20,000 Timeless Coins = 476 2h Epic Weapons
10,000 Timeless Coins = 476 1h Epic Weapons
7,500 Timeless Coins = 496 Epic Armor Item (looks like 1 random item for your spec, so it could be any of your 8 slots instead of being a specific one like the drops on the Isle)
7.500 Timeless Coins = Trinket to teleport to Timeless isle. (diff vendor)

http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/73305-mistweaver-ai#related:sells

You can also trade 500 Valor for a pouch of timeless coins, no idea how many reside in it.

And yeah this replaces Valor gear pretty much.

Heroic - ???
Ordos World Boss - 559
Normal - 553
Crafted Legs & Belt - 553 (takes like nearly a month of cooldowns to craft 1)
Flex - 540
Timeless Burden Gear - 535
SoO LFR - 528
Sha/Nalak of 5.4 - 522 PvP Gear + 2 slots of 553 Tier gear
Oondasta - 522
5.2 Valor Gear - 522
5.2 Crafted Helm and Boots - 522 (Haunting Spirits are 1k and dropping)
Heroic Scenario - 516
ToT LFR - 502
Honor Point Gear - 496 (the pvp stats are bonus stats, they have equal stats to pve gear, just diff allocations more than likely, buying weapons here is your best bet compared to wasting your Timeless Coins on inferior 476s)
Timeless BOA Epic Candy - 496

mclem

Assuming you're not fortunate with raid drops, how long does it take to guarantee an upgrade from normal ToT 522 gear?

Wondering if I'll actually get an upgrade *before* I hit the valor cap (and so have nothing to spend my upgrade valor stock on)

Edit: Oh, could buy pouches, I guess. That makes sense.

Westlo

Assuming you're not fortunate with raid drops, how long does it take to guarantee an upgrade from normal ToT 522 gear?

Wondering if I'll actually get an upgrade *before* I hit the valor cap (and so have nothing to spend my upgrade valor stock on)

Edit: Oh, could buy pouches, I guess. That makes sense.

Well from the sounds of it they reckon we'll be getting one burden a week, more if you farm the shit out of the timeless coins.

Coins should be easy, you have to spend 2500 to get a Mogu Rune of Fate, seem to get like near 700 from an elite, more from rares, 500 from chests, 20-30 from normal mobs, 500 for doing the pet battle daily etc.

You get 1 of those 496s caches from doing one of the few quests on the timeless isle lol.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33228

Wonder if the normal mobs on the isle will smack around low geared toons like IoT did.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What? And i just wasted 50 lesser coins for 3 Mogu Runes yesterday thinking we would be using them again for 5.4, and i dont need any more 5.2 stuff.

Dammit. /jackbauer

RPGCrazied

The new timeless isle will have armor drops, kinda like the battle for the barrens? Don't think I'm going to raid with my DK, but would love to upgrade some of his pandaria blue's.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whenever you hear Ghostcrawler say the words "alternative character progression" he means grinding daily quests.

Prodigal

Banned
Man I've opened 2 Thunder Troves (each 1 on a separate character) and neither had the key to the palace. I don't know how uncommon this is but it's never happened to me before lol. I assume I can't keep killing rares to get a key if I've already looted one rare earlier?

Got my last Runestone today, got the heart, beat the melee dps on my second attempt with the first mostly just goofing off to learn the abilities, and now have my cloak. All good timing to get this done before the patch hits. Good stuff!

sqwarlock

Got my second 90 earlier today:
4NGcgLL.png

Did it about a day faster than my first. Now what should my third be: shaman, warrior, pally, mage, or warlock?

JCizzle

Man I've opened 2 Thunder Troves (each 1 on a separate character) and neither had the key to the palace. I don't know how uncommon this is but it's never happened to me before lol. I assume I can't keep killing rares to get a key if I've already looted one rare earlier?

It's very, very rare to get two in a week. You're almost guaranteed that first drop a week (I've always gotten one on my first rare per week), but can't remember ever getting a second - even when I was farming like nuts on my lock.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm fairly certain you can't get two in one week from rares. Almost guaranteed to get one from your first 2-3 kills, but after that you can't get one from rares until the next reset.

I've gotten two keys in a week twice.

One was from rares, one was from that end thing you get from doing the quests on the isle, or a trove.

I've still never actually finished the solo scenario, though. I'm not very good at it. :/

Ultratech

Finally got all the Runestones on my Hunter! Hooray!

So I decided to try out the Ranged DPS challenge, which while moderately difficult, wasn't near as bad as what I was expecting.
(Then again, my BM Hunter's at 518 so I don't know if that had anything to do with it).

It mostly amounted to lots of running, hiding, Spirit Beast healing, kiting, and avoiding shit.
The adds weren't even that strong, with only about 300k HP a piece.

Think it ended up taking me about 8-9 mintues to complete.
(Took two tries. I accidentally reset my first try when I ran out the door instead of onto the balcony.)

Anywho, I guess I'll finish the quest up tomorrow and get my Cape!

Tarazet

Done raiding at least until 5.4, since I'll be playing Final Fantasy. Been a good run.

I rejiggered all my gear to Feral spec, did some old content for fun and valor. When we got to Will of the Emperor, one of the tanks activated the encounter and dropped group. I couldn't respec, so I just got myself into Bear Form, dragged the boss over to the stairs and tanked it, even in full DPS spec and gear. It was rough on the healers but it felt good to be the one reason why we didn't wipe.

Touchdown

Banned
Woooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! My raid team finally downed Lei Shen tonight. I'm so happy!!!!! took us 102 wipes according to my bigwigs. LOL.

iGSz8vk02sa9Q.gif

Westlo

There's a Pet Battle daily??

Seems like it's a daily pet battle scenario.

Whenever you hear Ghostcrawler say the words "alternative character progression" he means grinding daily quests.

There's a total of 2 daily quest on the Timeless Isle, one is a trivia question that gives you 100 timeless coins, the other is for pet battles. The Epic gear on the isle has nothing to do with daily quests period.

You see those farm groups in Southern Barrens for Lesser Charms? The ones that get 300-500 an hour? You can group up for coins in a similar way on the Timeless Isle, normal mobs drop 50 coins. Lets say your raid group drops 500 mobs in an hour, that's 25k and you're halfway to a 535 epic that's superior to LFR. Heck people who want to farm the shit outta stuff for 20 hours a day can go knock this content out in a few weeks if they want. (Still need a LFR Weapon though lol)

ch0mp

I'm at 504 at the moment, and I'm saving my valor for the new patch. I just wanted to be able to raid from Day 1 of the patch, but I dunno if my gear will be up to snuff. Might not even be high enough to do Flex.

Edit: Any Warlock PvPers here? Currently grinding out some honor for AV Call to Arms, and wondering if I should change my offspec to Affliction instead of Demo. Destro is my PvE spec because I don't have UVLS or the legendary meta yet, but I'm already bored of it, and my PvE spec won't be changing until a few weeks into the new raid probably, unless I get really lucky with gear. I only have a few Malev pieces and a Tyrannical neck, would playing Affliction make me significantly worse in PvP? Or should I stick with Demo or Destro in PvP for now?
Afflic is probably our best arena spec but we're really a support class/fear bot without much killing power by ourselves. Also the other 2 specs are personally more fun to play.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I'm fairly certain you can't get two in one week from rares. Almost guaranteed to get one from your first 2-3 kills, but after that you can't get one from rares until the next reset.

Last week while waiting for people to gather for a raid, we killed the Turtle rare on the Isle of Thunder.

He dropped 2 Keys for several people, myself included.

I'd never seen or heard of that happening before.

You see those farm groups in Southern Barrens for Lesser Charms? The ones that get 300-500 an hour?

I have 3400 Lesser Charms without doing that :(. I am a sad person.

Jag

To be honest, I didn't even think of them combining the two games that way; I'd be ok with it.

That is insidious and kind of awesome in its own way. If I hadn't already been bitten again by the WoW bug, Hearthstone would have done it too me.

RPGCrazied

Woot, finally a Spire of Scarlet Pain appears on my AH. Going to use it for transmog. I love most of the item models in Firelands raid.

Atsumi

I created an orc rogue that I've been slowly leveling the past day or so, and just got to one of the first quests in Silverpine Forest (Warchief Cometh, or something like that) and standing between Garrosh and Sylvanas, I realized my entire orc was the size of Garrosh's arm. Dude's gotten pumped since Nagrand.

Jag

I created an orc rogue that I've been slowly leveling the past day or so, and just got to one of the first quests in Silverpine Forest (Warchief Cometh, or something like that) and standing between Garrosh and Sylvanas, I realized my entire orc was the size of Garrosh's arm. Dude's gotten pumped since Nagrand.

Pretty sure he mentioned something about visiting a hormone clinic in Florida.

Tarazet

After dozens of attempts, I took my best raid gear, ilvl 537 and went back to Brawler's Guild. One shot Dark Summoner and Battletron right after the other and got the Brawler title for hitting rank 8. Then I tried Hexos, got rooted instantly and was killed by the maze. Enough..

After dozens of attempts, I took my best raid gear, ilvl 537 and went back to Brawler's Guild. One shot Dark Summoner and Battletron right after the other and got the Brawler title for hitting rank 8. Then I tried Hexos, got rooted instantly and was killed by the maze. Enough..

If you've never seen the fight before you're always rooted right at the start because you turn to face the opening in the maze.

Also, that fight sucks. Second most amount of deaths for me in there. The one upside is that if you die due to the maze it doesn't cost any durability. Living through to the enrage and dying that way does cost durability. At 537 I don't imagine dps will be a concern though.

JCizzle

Last week while waiting for people to gather for a raid, we killed the Turtle rare on the Isle of Thunder.

He dropped 2 Keys for several people, myself included.

I'd never seen or heard of that happening before.

I have 3400 Lesser Charms without doing that :(. I am a sad person.

OMG I'm jealous as fuck, I never seem to ever have enough charms. My problem is never really having a main and playing 2-3 characters at once.

Tacitus_

If you've never seen the fight before you're always rooted right at the start because you turn to face the opening in the maze.

Also, that fight sucks. Second most amount of deaths for me in there. The one upside is that if you die due to the maze it doesn't cost any durability. Living through to the enrage and dying that way does cost durability. At 537 I don't imagine dps will be a concern though.

Yeah, that fight is probably the hardest in there. And so annoying on your eyes.

Yay, I am on the quest of collecting some kind of documents and 20 trilluim bars hope I cant make it faster for the mogu runes

Love how the pvp movement trinket is kinda worthless when you fight against a priest.

Got my second 90 earlier today:
4NGcgLL.png

Did it about a day faster than my first. Now what should my third be: shaman, warrior, pally, mage, or warlock?

I am leveling up one kind of dungeon funtion class actually, now I need to level up a druid for the lolz

How many of level 90 characters achievements are? I got the tri level 90 characters achievement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom