• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

btw, anyone is having issues with the tabards? it only shows me the upper part chest of the tabard

What belt do you have? 5.2 belts bug/used to bug (don't know if they fixed it) the lower part of the chest overriding intended texture with a different one. I remember I had some problems with it when I used transmog so it most likely affected tabards too.

Bizazedo

So since 5.4 got pushed back, I watched the trailer again. It got me to thinking.

Y'know how everyone's like Blizzard should make a CG movie? Their CG movies are amazing! Even though it's cost prohibitive, etc?

They should make a cartoon series using Machinima. After what we saw with that trailer, it'd look great....it can't be as expensive, right?

And with how big the game world is, they could have a huge amount of locations / characters.

I know, improve the writing sarcastic comment goes here...

But, still.

I have a hard enough time hearing Metzen's voice everywhere in-game. I doubt I could sit through 2-hours of him as Thrall, Nefarian, Varian, Ragnaros, Saurfang, etc... in a motion picture.

Bizazedo

I have a hard enough time hearing Metzen's voice everywhere in-game. I doubt I could sit through 2-hours of him as Thrall, Nefarian, Varian, Ragnaros, Saurfang, etc... in a motion picture.

Naw, 22 minute blocks. Think TV Show.

Besides, he doesn't do Garrosh or Taran Zhu or Voljin, does he?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seems like it's a daily pet battle scenario.

There's a total of 2 daily quest on the Timeless Isle, one is a trivia question that gives you 100 timeless coins, the other is for pet battles. The Epic gear on the isle has nothing to do with daily quests period.

You see those farm groups in Southern Barrens for Lesser Charms? The ones that get 300-500 an hour? You can group up for coins in a similar way on the Timeless Isle, normal mobs drop 50 coins. Lets say your raid group drops 500 mobs in an hour, that's 25k and you're halfway to a 535 epic that's superior to LFR. Heck people who want to farm the shit outta stuff for 20 hours a day can go knock this content out in a few weeks if they want. (Still need a LFR Weapon though lol)

It doesn't have to be literal daily quests. Its just more grinding shit.

Tacitus_

Lel, oneshotted Primordius HC. Such a shit pull too :D
Our shaman had to quit early so we had to have our hunter pull up BL from his pet.. which was dead. So the timing got kinda fucked up. Then the boss managed to heal a couple of times so he gained something like 10-20% of his hp back. But since it was such a shitty pull we just kept it cool and and chipped it down. No one even noticed when it was almost dead :D

10/13 HC
G9hF9dS.jpg

cdyhybrid

Our shaman had to quit early so we had to have our hunter pull up BL from his pet.. which was dead. So the timing got kinda fucked up. Then the boss managed to heal a couple of times so he gained something like 10-20% of his hp back. But since it was such a shitty pull we just kept it cool and and chipped it down. No one even noticed when it was almost dead :D

10/13 HC
G9hF9dS.jpg

Grats! We gave it a few shots when we were still doing 25s but we just didn't have the DPS. Could probably do it now that we've slimmed down to 10m, but we're pushing for Twins this week.

Tacitus_

Grats! We gave it a few shots when we were still doing 25s but we just didn't have the DPS. Could probably do it now that we've slimmed down to 10m, but we're pushing for Twins this week.
Ty!
We gave it a couple hours last reset, but the one shot was completely unexpected :D

We've already killed the Twins, it's just Animus left before Lei Shen. Might be able to get it down too before the patch!

Bizazedo

He is vol'jin, I believe.

I like Vol'jin's.

How did you guys handle the adds?

We've done it on Heroic 25, but 25 is easier and we just started Heroics a few weeks ago. So we've scatter shotted them and with 25's gotten 8/13.

Tacitus_

I like Vol'jin's.

How did you guys handle the adds?

We've done it on Heroic 25, but 25 is easier and we just started Heroics a few weeks ago. So we've scatter shotted them and with 25's gotten 8/13.

Had two dedicated guys on the big adds and us warlocks + boomkin on the small adds. I was destro and whoring aoe dps with RoF while Nhada multidotted.

What's your suggestions for content if not what they're trying here or daily quests? I'm curious what other types of content they can do. Are you simply in the camp of more dungeons or scenarios instead of world content? One chain of quests provided over days like 5.1 did for its story quests?

I suppose one thing I wouldn't mind seeing would be a chain like the 5.1 but with more variety, something more like the legendary quest chain we've been doing. Have it so there's ten different quest slots, and each one requires a minimum of something like three or five days for the next to show but have varied objectives for each one with perhaps an Isle of Thunder sort of option so it can be completed in pve or pvp. So perhaps one set of quests will have to do with completing heroics with some specific collection goal or certain boss kills, etc. Another for getting some crafted items simply to turn in. A third slot could be killing one rare in each zone of Pandaria. And then they could get really silly and have us go back through some old content or exploration based stuff in older zones. But even if someone wanted to grind away at something and finish a quest set in a day they wouldn't have the next one for some set amount of times. Hell, I guess just make this like the Barrens quest but instead of the same weekly grind have the objectives change each time it's complete but don't move to the next quest set each week until the previous one was complete. There'd need to be some care taken to make sure the objectives were things people could buy their way out of if they didn't have the means to earn things themselves.

Anyhow, I'm curious what you'd have in mind for new patch content above dailies and this more exploration focused attempt with Timeless Isle.

Bizazedo

Had two dedicated guys on the big adds and us warlocks + boomkin on the small adds. I was destro and whoring aoe dps with RoF while Nhada multidotted.

Our set up is..

Tanks - Warrior, Druid

DPS - 2 DK's, 2 Mages, 1 Shaman

Heals - Priest, Paladin, Shaman.

Our class versatility isn't the best.

I'll have to think of how to adapt it.

Tacitus_

Our set up is..

Tanks - Warrior, Druid

DPS - 2 DK's, 2 Mages, 1 Shaman

Heals - Priest, Paladin, Shaman.

Our class versatility isn't the best.

I'll have to think of how to adapt it.

We went with two healers (monk + disc priest) this time, though it was not exactly by choice since our druid was away.

JCizzle

Only just read about the nerfs coming for enhance shammies. After all this time out of the game there are somethings which just don't change.

At least LL was reverted and there are hints to fire nova changes incoming (cleave buff somehow please). I just think the class has way too many CDs, they need to cause them not to stack so pvp stop complaining about the huge burst you can get. I'd like more sustained pve damage.

Neverfade

Oh man. I for some reason happened to peek into my recruit a friend history and I had an unclaimed mount from 2008.

An unexpected Heart of the Nightwing is the highlight of my day.

Oh man. I for some reason happened to peek into my recruit a friend history and I had an unclaimed mount from 2008.

I just had a similar thing happen fairly recently. A month or two ago some random player chatting with me brought up recruit-a-friend stuff and I realized that a past roommate and I did RAF back when the Zhevra was a thing for the triple experience. He started a second account to take advantage of it and I got to be the one to send the RAF invite so we could play together. We ultimately did practically nothing with it and I forgot about it. Go to that reminder from the person a month or so ago and I look up my history to see that I got a mount but it says I claimed it. I hopped across a ton of my characters and none of them had any of the three possible mounts. The claim shows it took place in the middle of 2011 when my account wasn't active, which I thought was really peculiar. I contacted Blizzard and they quickly sent me the X-52 rocket because that would have been the RAF I should have received when it shows I claimed it. I almost would have liked the Zhevra for simply looking more unique but either way I was pretty pumped to get it randomly like that. And it still gives me a chance to get a second RAF with the Heart of Nightwing if I happen to lure someone else into accepting an RAF invite.

One of the quests you can do in hearthstone will apparently be giving a mount for its reward.

They have quests in Hearthstone? Or do you mean achievements? I know the common belief was that you earned the mount from buying cards in Hearthstone or something like that. I believe it was the Hearthsteed?

Jag

So I'm Revered with Golden Lotus and daily burnout is what made me quit Panda soon after release. It will take 5.5 days of dailies to get Exalted with GL and get the feat of strength. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? Dare I go back into Daily hell..

cdyhybrid

So I'm Revered with Golden Lotus and daily burnout is what made me quit Panda soon after release. It will take 5.5 days of dailies to get Exalted with GL and get the feat of strength. That doesn't sound so bad, does it? Dare I go back into Daily hell..

Can do your daily heroic dungeon/scenario to help speed it up too. Or farm Warbringers/Warscouts.

Tamanon

Banned

Daily Heroics and Scenarios as a champion, and since you're revered the WOrk Orders on the farm will give ~900 every day also.

Interesting. Though looking it over that mostly looks like a set of achievements and just called quests, heh. I really hope I get into that beta. I'm not a TCG player, aside from playing Magic about twenty years ago, but this looks like just the thing to get me into it. Oh, I did beat Spectromancer randomly on Steam, so I suppose there's that as well.

I got into the enchant selling market...

someone got annoyed so much they have put me on ignore. I was going to each out to have a truce on the big dollar enchants like Jade Spirit and Dancing Steel

I find this so funny

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't think I can raid on a schedule anymore. I joined a new guild about a month ago, reason being they have a decent raid schedule (Wed/Thurs/Sun, 8-11 EST) and I'm not available to raid Tuesdays when most guilds raid. Of course, over the fall/winter I am going to be busy on Thursday nights now and I don't like the idea of 100% missing a raid night.

Back to be doing a dirty casual. At least there's Flex raiding.

Clipse

LFR queue times are horrendous tonight. Waited almost 43 mins to get into Pinnacle and the group was already at Lei Shen. Now I need to re-queue for Qon and Consorts.

Holy shit I just looked at my account and discovered that I had an unclaimed Spectral Gryphon there waiting for me from a Scroll of Resurection. Thanks for the hint lol!!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I honestly don't understand why anyone likes PvP in this game. Its just losing control of your character over and over until you get frustrated and log out.

Fjordson

I honestly don't understand why anyone likes PvP in this game. Its just losing control of your character over and over until you get frustrated and log out.
Lmfao. I enjoy PvP casually with battlegrounds. Like I can still have fun in Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin even after all these years. And I absolutely love all the random world PvP that happens these days thanks to Cross Realm Zones, but I sort of agree. I could never be a hardcore PvP player. Like someone who is big into high level arenas. Just not my thing.

But the threat of ganks and PvP when you're out in the world is great. Always loved that, makes the game exciting.

Angry Grimace

That's pretty much my gripe about it as well. It's just not fun.

I'm legitimately baffled why anyone would want to play it. There's nothing interesting about it other than griefing people by stunlocking them over and over.

I'm legitimately baffled why anyone would want to play it. There's nothing interesting about it other than griefing people by stunlocking them over and over.

Having done the Legendary on two characters, and helping my MMObro complete this step as well, I can say "Fuck PVP" without any hesitation.

I wonder if this was the vision of PVP when they first launched the game. FEAR FEAR FEAR STUN ROOT FEAR STUN ROOT STUN SLOWED SNARED DEAD.

Having done the Legendary on two characters, and helping my MMObro complete this step as well, I can say "Fuck PVP" without any hesitation.

I wonder if this was the vision of PVP when they first launched the game. FEAR FEAR FEAR STUN ROOT FEAR STUN ROOT STUN SLOWED SNARED DEAD.

In Battlegrounds I don't think PvP is all that bad. I don't do PvP regularly and those I did for the legendary quest were the first ones I went into in a couple years. But I still had fun and I didn't find myself constantly stunned. In fact I didn't even die once during the one where you have the four orbs to collect and hold. I never held an orb, one reason I wasn't attacked as often, but I still felt completely useful and able to do stuff.

But in Arenas I completely understand the complaint. Just the other night I went into 2v2 for the first time since BC. Had a guildmate looking for someone to try it out with him and he wasn't concerned about us losing. The first two or three I was stunned and killed before I could do anything. Being I'm a shaman and he's a DK I was always the target it seemed. After I found my rhythm our next three or four attempts went much better, despite losing all of them. We at least occasionally killed one of the two enemies before both of us would die and I learned to just preemptively pop everything as I was running at the enemies. That meant all my damage reduction and getting my wolves out and stuff like that. It went from me dying in eight seconds stunned the entire time to me living through all the stuns and then doing a load of damage before they were able to kill us.

So yeah, I'd like to see less stunning or at least shorter stuns (I don't mind stuff like interrupts, slows, snares, etc. as much) and I think Blizzard is on a similar page. But I also think it helps trying things out and remembering the range of abilities at your disposal. I never hexed anyone because I don't regularly use that ability. I also wasn't commonly remembering to interrupt or slow or really use a wide range of my utility totems because I'm simply not using them as I rarely ever do any PvP.

Edit:
What's the PvP portion of the legendary chain? Too scared to look it up on Wowhead.

Have to win two different Battlegrounds. One is the mines one and the other is the one where you hold onto four orbs called something Kohtmogu or some nonsense like that.

Ultratech

And...finally got the Cape on my Hunter.

My DK's about halfway done with his Runestones.
Chances of getting that done before the patch comes out is kinda slim, but we'll see.

Not doing the Legendary quest on any other alts or crap like that.

To me, it's basically:
-Am I winning and kicking ass? It's fun!
-Am I losing, getting CC'd out the ass, and playing with morons? It sucks!

Back in the day, I didn't really mind doing it.
(Granted, I just did tons of AV when it was still good.)

But now...yeah, I just avoid it.

Rokam

Yoshi plays a female troll, you don't get uglier than that. He eventually started wearing a bag over his character's head.

Westlo

PvP was the shit back in the day, Vanilla and TBC, was way better than the 40 man raids lol. Facing off against a skilled team of coordinated players with a team of your own was a tad more skill based than

Frostbolt x 100 (double trinket sometime)
Evo
Frostbolt X 100 (double trinket sometime)

The only thing that sucked about Vanilla PVP was the Honor Grind, I never did it (lol fuck that, + I was raiding 4 nights a week, as if I could even if I wanted to) but I was invited into a lot of groups who did to help out when I was free, I felt sorry for what they had to go through, such a crime in a way.

And Arena was really fun for the first couple of seasons, 5's were anyway.

My fondest memories of raiding was getting down Twin Emps, great fight for the time, still doesn't compare to a lot of things from pvp back than.

Than what's your solution? There's always going to be a grind no matter how you spin it. And it's nothing like dailies, I mean fuck people where bitching about having to log in every day to progress via dailys and how they wanted to progress in their own time. That's what the Isle is, from the looks of it you get out of it what you put in. I'm sure some hardcore non raiders are going to get a lot of 535 epics in the first fortnight alone, that's their choice, and something they wanted. And it's not double gated by valor as well.

Angry Grimace

PvP was the shit back in the day, Vanilla and TBC, was way better than the 40 man raids lol. Facing off against a skilled team of coordinated players with a team of your own was a tad more skill based than

Frostbolt x 100 (double trinket sometime)
Evo
Frostbolt X 100 (double trinket sometime)

The only thing that sucked about Vanilla PVP was the Honor Grind, I never did it (lol fuck that, + I was raiding 4 nights a week, as if I could even if I wanted to) but I was invited into a lot of groups who did to help out when I was free, I felt sorry for what they had to go through, such a crime in a way.

And Arena was really fun for the first couple of seasons, 5's were anyway.

My fondest memories of raiding was getting down Twin Emps, great fight for the time, still doesn't compare to a lot of things from pvp back than.

Than what's your solution? There's always going to be a grind no matter how you spin it. And it's nothing like dailies, I mean fuck people where bitching about having to log in every day to progress via dailys and how they wanted to progress in their own time. That's what the Isle is, from the looks of it you get out of it what you put in. I'm sure some hardcore non raiders are going to get a lot of 535 epics in the first fortnight alone, that's their choice, and something they wanted. And it's not double gated by valor as well.

The problem is that they tend to remove progression that doesn't involve giant time sinks like VP.

What belt do you have? 5.2 belts bug/used to bug (don't know if they fixed it) the lower part of the chest overriding intended texture with a different one. I remember I had some problems with it when I used transmog so it most likely affected tabards too.

Its the shadopan assault belt and yes, its the belt thats bugs my tabard, gotta transmog in something slim.

Silly me I bought the dispel restrain movement trinket, got another stun spell after its use and wait 2 mins to use it again.

Westlo

The problem is that they tend to remove progression that doesn't involve giant time sinks like VP.

Well it's not like we'll see 6.0 for another year lol.

And they know the public perception about dailies after MOP, if they pull that shit again next expansion they can't complain about what happens. That double gating was bullshit.

Angry Grimace

Well it's not like we'll see 6.0 for another year lol.

And they know the public perception about dailies after MOP, if they pull that shit again next expansion they can't complain about what happens. That double gating was bullshit.

Its a combination of the fact I like VP as a protection from never getting any loot and the fact that I think upgrading gear is fucking dumb as dogshit. Its just a third form of enchanting gear.

Been farming Ulduar with a priest friend for the past few months to get them a Val'anyr. Yogg just dropped the 30th shard wooooo. Breezy easy mode clear next week and then I'm never stepping foot into Ulduar again holy shit. Soloing Yogg (have my friend suicide at the start, P2 is easier without brain links and malady of the minds =P) is such a stupid RNG fest it makes me twitch just thinking about it.

CassSept

Its a combination of the fact I like VP as a protection from never getting any loot and the fact that I think upgrading gear is fucking dumb as dogshit. Its just a third form of enchanting gear.

Agreed. I have everything I need yet I still feel inclined to farm valors just so I have enough of them. When you get a new piece nowadays it's enchant it, gem it, upgrade it and then reforge. It has gotten waaay out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom