• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

We discussed that above. The Timeless Coins buy upgradable gear which requires participation in TI grinding. Its not an end around the same thing.

They cost 50,000 Timeless Coins, I believe.

Yep. So... what's the problem?

Get VP.
Buy Timeless Coins
Buy 496 armour token
Get more VP
Buy Timeless Coins
Buy Burden of Eternity
Use Burden of Eternity on 496 armour token
Recieve 535 item.

You haven't had to do any grinding on TI... just the grinding that *is* to your taste.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yep. So... what's the problem?

Get VP.
Buy Timeless Coins
Buy 496 armour token
Get more VP
Buy Timeless Coins
Buy Burden of Eternity
Use Burden of Eternity on 496 armour token
Recieve 535 item.

You haven't had to do any grinding on TI... just the grinding that *is* to your taste.

The Pouch of Coins you buy has 3,500 for 500 VP and requires Honored with Shaohao. What you're suggesting would require like 7,500 VP per piece, or around 8 weeks of capping Valor.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ah, fair enough. You'll just have to do everything via LFR, then.

I never said it was a significant enough issue that I was planning to un-sub or never set foot on Timeless Isle. I just think its dumb we can't buy any better gear than what we have now with VP because upgrading only even makes sense after you have gear and have nothing else to buy with VP.

The gear with SPA was already gated through SPA faction rep AND VP cap in the first place, so its not like you could just get around doing stuff to get it.

mclem

I never said it was a significant enough issue that I was planning to un-sub or never set foot on Timeless Isle. I just think its dumb we can't buy any better gear than what we have now with VP because upgrading only even makes sense after you have gear and have nothing else to buy with VP.

In which case, simply take a week or two off grinding valor until you have the gear.

Hey, maybe you could get your usual group together and use that time to farm coins instead! :)

ampere

I'm going into 5.4 on my main with 3000 valor and I'll save it until I get some drops from Siege/World Bosses for upgrades. Hopefully I get some upgrades the first week.

Speaking of race/sex combos that people call "ugly", my main is female dwarf right now and some guildies make fun of it. Personally love dwarves, old main is male dwarf.

0Dy4hel.png

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm going into 5.4 on my main with 3000 valor and I'll save it until I get some drops from Siege/World Bosses for upgrades. Hopefully I get some upgrades the first week.

Speaking of race/sex combos that people call "ugly", my main is female dwarf right now and some guildies make fun of it. Personally love dwarves, old main is male dwarf.

I like, have never seen a dwarf monk to begin with.

I've been saving 108k gold for the Grand Expedition Yak but today in trade someone offered to sell the Jeweled Onyx Panther for 65k. Thought it was ridiculous but figured I'd bite anyhow since I was up to around 75k gold. A level 1 character was selling it ("is my bank" was the first thing they said to me) and when I asked why they were selling it so cheaply they said because they needed gold right away. Keep in mind that the vendor mats for it are 72k alone and then it requires quite a bit more in gems and such on top of that. Generally around 22k per cat so for all four it's 88k to make it at a rough minimum in terms of mats.

All of this seemed fishy but I went ahead with it anyway. Was torn if I should turn around and sell it on the AH or keep it. Figured I'd try once or twice on the AH but got an error of, "items with used charges can't be auctioned." That pretty much confirmed my suspicions that it was a gold seller or hacked account. Looked it up and found people talking about it and it sounds like Blizzard is aware that there's too many onyx panthers and it sounds like there's some sort of duping going on. I sent them a message with the sellers info and now I await to see what they say. Seems they've reversed some of the sales so I'm awaiting to see if I keep the mount or not. Mainly I'd just like to see them investigate the account and hopefully get a cheater banned.

But if I keep the mount that means #187 for me. But now I'm starting over on saving up for my Grand Expedition Yak. Oh well! With my Paladin's two chargers and minimal effort (and some gold) to level tailoring for the three carpet mounts I can get to 192 fairly easily. Finally saw someone earlier today on the 200 mount reward, the armored blue dragonhawk and it looks much better than I had expected since I don't really like the regular blue dragonhawk. Can't come soon enough!

Right before logging I saw trade chat talking to a couple people about mounts, which piqued my interests, and I whispered one of the guys who was looking for a couple quick mounts to hit 100 since he was only a couple away. I looked up his mounts online and ran him through to get the Twilight Drake. Also showed him a quick, safe path through ZG so he could solo in the future and gave tips on how to solo others he's had trouble with. I really like helping people get deeper into mount collecting.

Fjordson

I would love to get a panther flying mount. Not even the jeweled one, I'd love one of the single color ones. So expensive on my server, though =[ and I'm garbage at making gold.

Angry Grimace

I've been saving 108k gold for the Grand Expedition Yak but today in trade someone offered to sell the Jeweled Onyx Panther for 65k. Thought it was ridiculous but figured I'd bite anyhow since I was up to around 75k gold. A level 1 character was selling it ("is my bank" was the first thing they said to me) and when I asked why they were selling it so cheaply they said because they needed gold right away. Keep in mind that the vendor mats for it are 72k alone and then it requires quite a bit more in gems and such on top of that. Generally around 22k per cat so for all four it's 88k to make it at a rough minimum in terms of mats.

All of this seemed fishy but I went ahead with it anyway. Was torn if I should turn around and sell it on the AH or keep it. Figured I'd try once or twice on the AH but got an error of, "items with used charges can't be auctioned." That pretty much confirmed my suspicions that it was a gold seller or hacked account. Looked it up and found people talking about it and it sounds like Blizzard is aware that there's too many onyx panthers and it sounds like there's some sort of duping going on. I sent them a message with the sellers info and now I await to see what they say. Seems they've reversed some of the sales so I'm awaiting to see if I keep the mount or not. Mainly I'd just like to see them investigate the account and hopefully get a cheater banned.

But if I keep the mount that means #187 for me. But now I'm starting over on saving up for my Grand Expedition Yak. Oh well! With my Paladin's two chargers and minimal effort (and some gold) to level tailoring for the three carpet mounts I can get to 192 fairly easily. Finally saw someone earlier today on the 200 mount reward, the armored blue dragonhawk and it looks much better than I had expected since I don't really like the regular blue dragonhawk. Can't come soon enough!

Right before logging I saw trade chat talking to a couple people about mounts, which piqued my interests, and I whispered one of the guys who was looking for a couple quick mounts to hit 100 since he was only a couple away. I looked up his mounts online and ran him through to get the Twilight Drake. Also showed him a quick, safe path through ZG so he could solo in the future and gave tips on how to solo others he's had trouble with. I really like helping people get deeper into mount collecting.

You'll know you need help when you get all of the pet store mounts at $25 a pop.

You'll know you need help when you get all of the pet store mounts at $25 a pop.

As much as I love mounts I don't buy them. Yet. I really don't think I'll change on this but if I start making more money and feel comfortable spending on it I might do so if something goes on sale that I want. That Enchanted Fey Dragon or whatever it's called does look pretty awesome and I imagine it'll eventually show up in the store.

I would love to get a panther flying mount. Not even the jeweled one, I'd love one of the single color ones. So expensive on my server, though =[ and I'm garbage at making gold.

That Jeweled Onyx Panther means I have all five. Have a macro that randomly picks one. I pretty much use them exclusively. I've actually purchased five of the cheaper ones since my girlfriend wanted one after she saw my first one. My first one and hers I paid right around 35k gold each because it was really early on in the expansion. My last three I had a guildmate make by collecting the mats for around 4k and sending him those and 18k for the vendor mat. So three for 22k each. Vial of the Sands was also expensive. Believe I got mine for around 38k or so.

Westlo

They cost 50,000 Timeless Coins, I believe.

LFM Timeless Coin Farm Raid, pst to Join.

Wow this 535 Epic took me 2 hours to get (and half of it I was barely playing), sure beats queuing and running HoT dungeons non stop and hoping a certain item drops and I win the roll.

The Valor method to obtain Timeless Coins is just an expense to use up Valor, it's not a "primary" method to get.

Westlo

I'm not really sure how the timeless coins (or the timless isle in general) works. I haven't looked into it.

Is it pretty easy to get coins?

Yeah pretty easy, you get them for doing pretty much anything on the Isle. And once farming groups get set up it will be trivial, like lesser charms are right now @ 300 of them an hour.

To quote a post from the consortium forums from a few days ago.

A few things of note:

1. The tokens are BoA. You can run around and kill things, loot chests, etc on your main (say grinding out the 50k for a trinket or an upgrade token). Any of the armor tokens you get can then be mailed to alts and sending them to them.

2. You get more coins than you would imagine from killing things. A single elite (many of which hurt very badly, but others only tickle) drop 200, normal mobs 50-60 and you can chain pull them. The high values aren't as grindy as you think.

3. TI is more like barrens than IoT. If you group up, you can loot any mobs your group kills for coins. You will need groups for the big event bosses (think commanders).

4. The Celestial Tournament is on the isle. This is a big money making opp. since it takes 30 lvl 25s to even participate (and then 12 weeks of participation to get all the celestial pets). These pets are great models and will likely make even non-pet battlers want them, but the idea of leveling 30 pets to 25 will be daunting. Selling level 25 pets (which you can easily get 2-3 of in a day with the Pandaran pet trainer dailies) will be very lucrative, imo, even if the pets you sell aren't super uncommon.

My high pop server always has alliance farming the shit out of the Barrens Commanders and I see a lot of lesser charms farm groups made up. This Timeless stuff is vastly superior to what is on offer in the Barrens, so I would expect more people than ever doing this. I mean you're looking @ 489 epic once a week (when LFR is 502) compared to 496 that drops like candy and 535 at best compared to 528 LFR.

And if you're on a low pop realm, well that's the point of Connected Realms.

Angry Grimace

Yeah pretty easy, you get them for doing pretty much anything on the Isle. And once farming groups get set up it will be trivial, like lesser charms are right now @ 300 of them an hour.

To quote a post from the consortium forums from a few days ago.

My high pop server always has alliance farming the shit out of the Barrens Commanders and I see a lot of lesser charms farm groups made up. This Timeless stuff is vastly superior to what is on offer in the Barrens, so I would expect more people than ever doing this. I mean you're looking @ 489 epic once a week (when LFR is 502) compared to 496 that drops like candy and 535 at best compared to 528 LFR.

And if you're on a low pop realm, well that's the point of Connected Realms.

Don't think Connected Realms is going in until later.

mclem

Has there been any word on how you'll communicate outside the game with people in your connected realm? It's something I'll need to get a handle on for recruitment purposes; I've not really heard about there being a "Connected Realm Forum" for each conglomeration of realms.

Angry Grimace

Has there been any word on how you'll communicate outside the game with people in your connected realm? It's something I'll need to get a handle on for recruitment purposes; I've not really heard about there being a "Connected Realm Forum" for each conglomeration of realms.

I'm sure they'll get that going once they figure out which realms go where. The realm I'm on needs to be connected to about eight others to be populated, I think.

mmo-champion.com doesn't believe the realm forums will remain based off of this reply in an interview Blizzard did:

How will things like realm forums, realm first achievements, and other realm specific things work with Connected Realms?

Frankly, we won't be doing a lot of that stuff going forward, so that's how.

strafer

Chilton: In patch 5.4 there is a cinematic after Garroshs' defeat in which the new warchief will be selected. So players can experience that soon.Chilton: In patch 5.4 there is a cinematic after Garroshs' defeat in which the new warchief will be selected. So players can experience that soon.

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Entropia

No One Remembers
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Interesting. I'm sure it'll be leaked/spoiled/etc. the second 5.4 goes live :(

My guild killed H Iron Qon last night, that seemed incredibly easy. It took us about 5 or so attempts. We spent the remaining 2'ish hours on H Twins. I've done multiple attempts in 10 man and we were pretty much hitting the same wall the 10 man was... but we might be able to get it done on Sunday.

Jag

My high pop server always has alliance farming the shit out of the Barrens Commanders and I see a lot of lesser charms farm groups made up. This Timeless stuff is vastly superior to what is on offer in the Barrens, so I would expect more people than ever doing this.

From what I read the group mobs will be tap to group (like Champions) and the rares will be open, like IoT. Is that how it works?

RPGCrazied

Yeah, no. It won't be CG. Blizzard could surprise us though, but there in-game cutscenes have improved and would still be just as good that way.

My pick is either Vol'jin or Rexxar. Anybody else just doesn't fit. I'd rather Thrall come back, but seems his warchief days are over.

CassSept

Glad we're getting the warchief in the cinematic and not later on.

Hmmm, I wonder who they choose. They did say that they want to surprise us, but it's Blizzard.

Best pick - Saurfang
Most likely and obvious pick - Vol'jin
Most hilarious pick - Lor'themar

I'd love Lor'themar just to see the meltdowns.

Tacitus_

The Lord Regent has also been eying the position. Though I doubt that he'll get it, would cause too big of a shitfit.

Interesting. I'm sure it'll be leaked/spoiled/etc. the second 5.4 goes live :(

My guild killed H Iron Qon last night, that seemed incredibly easy. It took us about 5 or so attempts. We spent the remaining 2'ish hours on H Twins. I've done multiple attempts in 10 man and we were pretty much hitting the same wall the 10 man was... but we might be able to get it done on Sunday.

H Twins is kinda easy, if you have the DPS and healing for it.

If not for the fact that the Sunreavers are probably loyal to Garrosh in some way (and Lor'themar still holds them under his protection even though he's probably full aware), he would've been my pick.

Doubt it. Their leader is loyal to the Regent.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It won't be Saurfang or Rexxar. Saurfang is lore-wise too old to be a proper warchief, even though he is a respected badass. And Rexxar just hasn't been doing nearly enough in the game to be a likely candidate. Vol'jin and Lor'themar have had the most development in Pandaria, and if it were to be one of them it would be Vol'jin

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a fairly agreeable Orc figurehead, ruling with significant input (or even essentially taking orders from) Vol'Jin as his second in command

RPGCrazied

I really don't see a Blood Elf leader being a warchief. But they have messed with lore before to make it fit. Still, I don't see it. Who would watch over Silvermoon?

Berordn

I really don't see a Blood Elf leader being a warchief. But they have messed with lore before to make it fit. Still, I don't see it. Who would watch over Silvermoon?

Who even goes to Silvermoon?
Grand Magister Rommath or Ranger-General Halduron, probably.

I expect that they'll actually take advice from the Alliance and make a ruling council consisting of Thrall, Vol'jin and Lor'themar, actually.

RPGCrazied

Who even goes to Silvermoon?

I do. I happen to like the city. I have 5 blood elf characters. :p I wish they would repair it though. My server is dead horde side, so nobody visits any horde city. I see like 4 or 5 peak time at the shrine. I hope connected realms fixes that.

Bizazedo

I expect that they'll actually take advice from the Alliance and make a ruling council consisting of Thrall, Vol'jin and Lor'themar, actually.

Ugh, I hope not. Thrall almost can't, now, too, with what's been going on.

"There be too much power in one position, mon. We be having a council, now."

Ugh x20.

That'd be surprising, though.

I dunno, I would've been against Lor'Themar, but his characterization / voice acting has been top notch.

Baine is too....well, he's been portrayed as too peaceful / nice guy.

Vol'Jin is too obvious, but unsure whom else it could be.

That fucker can stay in the expanded universe. I had forgotten he even existed.

Who is he? Pic description says Guardian?

Berordn

Medan, he's Garona's orc-dranei-human son with Medivh. (I think?)

Yup. They bent all the lore to make that happen.

He's so universally reviled that he's fallen off the face of the Earth in the EU, Garona's half-Draenei heritage has never been mentioned again and no part of that story arc will probably ever see the light of day in-game.

Tacitus_

Ugh, I hope not. Thrall almost can't, now, too, with what's been going on.

"There be too much power in one position, mon. We be having a council, now."

Ugh x20.

That'd be surprising, though.

I dunno, I would've been against Lor'Themar, but his characterization / voice acting has been top notch.

Baine is too....well, he's been portrayed as too peaceful / nice guy.

Vol'Jin is too obvious, but unsure whom else it could be.

Who is he? Pic description says Guardian?

Even bigger Warcraft Jesus / Mary Sue than Thrall and Rhonin (the mage that time traveled to win the first fight against Death Wing and picked up a dragon wife at the same time) combined.

Bizazedo

I checked and you're right. One of the Windrunner sisters.

Yeah, Vereesa. They actually tied it in on the Isle of Thunder, it's why she was pissed Jaina didn't let them attack Lor'Themar.

I was going to say, I know Rhonin had plot armor until WoW killed him (off-screen, even!), but I didn't think it was that bad.

Makes me wonder what main characters can survive how quickly the fanbase turn on them, though. Almost makes me hope Vol'Jin doesn't get Warchief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom