• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Everyone knows the next Warchief is going to be Varian Wrynn. He's gonna be both King & Warchief. Tears will be shed all over the internet forums.

Loxley

Who's that one level 8 neutral dude who everyone always murders in Orgrimmar?

He gets my vote. However, he maintains his level eight status and neutrality, so the Horde can just constantly keep killing their own Warchief.

strafer

He gets my vote. However, he maintains his level eight status and neutrality, so the Horde can just constantly keep killing their own Warchief.

He's not level 8 anymore.

He's boss status.

Gamon.

Bizazedo

Dated yourself pretty good there ;). He's been leveled up for what, two expansions now?

I do consider him a fascinating characetr in how the mythos / love of him grew up. What's the background on him, was the neutral part a mistake?

Also, there's a red flagged (to me) night elf in the Loremaster area that's unattackable just reading a scroll who interests me.

strafer

Dated yourself pretty good there ;). He's been leveled up for what, two expansions now?

I do consider him a fascinating characetr in how the mythos / love of him grew up. What's the background on him, was the neutral part a mistake?

Also, there's a red flagged (to me) night elf in the Loremaster area that's unattackable just reading a scroll who interests me.

He was part of a rogue quest, I think.

You needed to pickpocket him.

Loxley

In my defense, I've played Alliance for eight years and have never really bothered with the Horde side of the game, so my knowledge is limited as far as that goes ;)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'd love Lor'themar just to see the meltdowns.

While he does seem truly loyal to the horde (just not garrosh) from the IoT quests, I dislike the idea of the horde being led by a race who just months before (timeline wise) was in talks to rejoin the alliance. I don't know, that would just irk me a bit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think Blizzard has the stones to go non-Orc. I'm not even sure they have the stones to go non-Thrall.

mclem

I can't see it being anyone who isn't inherently based in Orgrimmar; that's too ensconsced as Horde Central. As such, I'd be rather surprised if it wasn't an orc or a troll.

Tamanon

Banned
I can't see it being anyone who isn't inherently based in Orgrimmar; that's too ensconsced as Horde Central. As such, I'd be rather surprised if it wasn't an orc or a troll.

Could be a Pandaman or a Goblin, but that'd just be weird.

Chen Stormstout(or LiLi), Warchief of the Horde.

Although if Orgrimmar is truly damaged in this fight, might have to have the horde base out of Thunder Bluff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone knows the next Warchief is going to be Varian Wrynn. He's gonna be both King & Warchief. Tears will be shed all over the internet forums.

Actually, that's the one thing we actually know is impossible given Wrathion's dialogue when you turn in the "kill Garrosh" quest.

Anduin Wrynn is going to be crowned Peacechief.

He was part of a rogue quest, I think.

You needed to pickpocket him.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8448/gamon-will-save-us#comments

cdyhybrid

Sylvanas would be great drama.

I'd probably want to roll with Baine. Would be a nice change from Garrosh wanting perpetual war, and Baine can still throw down when he needs to.

Bizazedo

Sylvanas would be great drama.

I'd probably want to roll with Baine. Would be a nice change from Garrosh wanting perpetual war, and Baine can still throw down when he needs to.

I think my main issue / hurdle is I want / can't see Horde and Alliance ever being at peace.

So while they did an okay job of making it so I can't really support Garrosh.....if he didn't go all Old God-dy and want to get rid of the Tauren and Trolls, I'd be with him.

strafer

I still maintain that WoW would have never reached the heights that it did if Blizzard hadn't kept trying to make the game accessible as possible from the get-go. If WoW was the same now has it was circa 2005/06/07, it would be lucky to have 7.7 million active subs in 2013.

This 100%.

The game has never been better.

vocab

Is there a profession you guys can recommend for easy cash? I'm on Illidan on the Horde side, so population is no problem.

for straight money mining and herb. Mining is crucial for engineer kits which is probably the most sought out kit. You can basically price whatever the hell you want for a lot of bar types. Herb for alchemy kits.

Angry Grimace

Gotcha, thanks!

I don't want to start any alts until I can get heirloom stuff. :/

I just don't spend any money, but that's usually because I have nothing to spend it on since all 12 of my characters already have epic flight, and half of those have double-epic (or whatever we're calling 310 flight). I've had my account active for like 7 years though.

Windam

Scaley member
I just don't spend any money, but that's usually because I have nothing to spend it on since all 12 of my characters already have epic flight, and half of those have double-epic (or whatever we're calling 310 flight). I've had my account active for like 7 years though.

I just started in December, and I don't have a reoccurring sub, so I just buy time cards whenever I feel like playing. To be honest, I can't see myself leveling another character so high without some sort of boost. Do heirlooms work on characters account or realm wide?

Tamanon

Banned
Realm wide, they're Bind on account so you can pass them between on the same realm.

Best way to make money is to just level. After 80, the quests start giving a ton of money and loot to sell.

Kenai

Gotcha, thanks!

I also recommend Tailoring/Enchanting. It doesn't make money as immediately like gathering professions do, but after you cap it I have never had an easier time making cash, plus it sets you up for decent raiding professions as well (although I don't think that's your thing).

Mining/JC or Alchemy/Herb are also good combos. Neither are very difficult to level and since you are on a highly populated server with a raid a few weeks away I'd take advantage of all those pugs who will need flasks and have new drops to be gemmed/enchanted. It's what I miss most about Area 52.

ampere

I still maintain that WoW would have never reached the heights that it did if Blizzard hadn't kept trying to make the game accessible as possible from the get-go. If WoW was the same now has it was circa 2005/06/07, it would be lucky to have 7.7 million active subs in 2013.

WoW has always been more accessible than other MMOs anyway. Even when it was 'hard' to level, it was easy for an MMO. Always has been pretty solo friendly, which I think is great.

Tacitus_

I just started in December, and I don't have a reoccurring sub, so I just buy time cards whenever I feel like playing. To be honest, I can't see myself leveling another character so high without some sort of boost. Do heirlooms work on characters account or realm wide?

Don't worry about epic flying for now. It used to take ages to get back in TBC and then the basic flying mounts had only 60% air speed or something silly like that. You can get it later.

JCizzle

True. I had some great times in the 40 mans, but I never want to do it again.

Same, molten core was epic back in the day (no sarcasm, truly an epic experience the first few months i did it). However, trying to imagine myself farming resistance gear and carrying 15 people out of a 40 man raid... not happening in 2013 lol. I need the ability to get shit done on my schedule now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom