• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

If TDB is the next expansion i can easily see adding Jinyu for the Alliance and Naga for the Horde

How the hell would that work?

Splinter faction or something? I don't see the Naga suddenly buddying up with anyone, especially if were bearing down on their beloved queen.

Splinter faction or something? I don't see the Naga suddenly budding up with anyone, especially if were baring down on their beloved queen.

Naga would be a terrible faction honestly

It's gotta be fake, they've been hammering Wrathion's warnings home all expansion

Well this is just launch stuff. Nothing says Azshara isn't summoning KJ again and succeeding in doing so?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Splinter faction or something? I don't see the Naga suddenly buddying up with anyone, especially if were bearing down on their beloved queen.

Death Knights rebelled against the Lich King, the concept can be applied to the Naga as well.

Skab

Death Knights rebelled against the Lich King, the concept can be applied to the Naga as well.

Ehh. Death Knights didn't just simply rebel. They were set free of his control. There is a big difference there.

Either way though, Naga don't have feet, so they'll never be a player race.

ampere

It really looks like a 'design the next expac' post. There's no source and the OP tries to gain credibility by saying 'it's the same guy who leaked since BC'. Odds of it being real are the same odds of someone guessing randomly and being right :p

Like Tamanon said, they practically have to do a legion expac given all the stuff Wrathion has said.

Leveling 90 - 100 has been speculated based on the text on those heirlooms that drop from Garrosh, so that might be true.

Slayerx

The team size has increased 40% and another 40% increase is planned, which will hopefully allow for a new content patch every month, a new raid tier every three to five months, and an annual expansion
Oh.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I do love the idea of
Ny'alotha is actually the body of N'Zoth

And now i want
Lor'themar
to be the Warchief just to see the meltdowns

Lanigan

Neo Member
Would really love the next expansion to be as close to that leak as possible. No new races/classes mean more dev time for content and less balancing issues. Plus, Azjol-Nerub mixed with some Kul Tiras stuff sounds really cool.

The only thing in that rumor/leak that bothers me is every expansion till date we have had a new race or class.

BEs/Space Goats
DKs
Goblins/Worgens
Monks and Pandas

The only thing in that rumor/leak that bothers me is every expansion till date we have had a new race or class.

BEs/Space Goats
DKs
Goblins/Worgens
Monks and Pandas

One of my biggest gripes has been that Blizz have done a really piss poor job of following through with the lore of the races (+ Death Knights) they've introduced in the expansions, so I'd be fine with them not sticking in yet another race, instead focusing on what we've already got.

Fjordson

Some of that leak (if it's real) sounds pretty cool.

I would kinda like new races, they're always a neat addition to me, though I won't be bothered if there aren't any this time. I'd be more excited for updated models for original races to be honest.

vocab

One of my biggest gripes has been that Blizz have done a really piss poor job of following through with the lore of the races (+ Death Knights) they've introduced in the expansions, so I'd be fine with them not sticking in yet another race, instead focusing on what we've already got.

agreed. Though I think blood elves were plentiful in BC,

Skab

While I've been championing Naga in the past, my gut's saying Klaxxi might have a better chance of it these days (some eggs left over in Orgrimmar, perhaps?)

Generally the new races they have added have had something to do with the new story line.

Naga would fit that, but again, no legs.

Loxley

I would rather see that next hero class...

What would it even be at this point? The only thing I can think of is some sort of Battlemage/Spellsword; a class that could hot-swap between melee and ranged magic damage or something similar. Basically a class built entirely around combining the enhancement and elemental Shaman trees. Maybe its a class that could also heal while dealing damage or something as well. Hell they could give it a tanking tree, the idea of a tank that solely spell-casts could be pretty interesting; sort of a DK or a Paladin but with no actual melee weapon or shield.

Ultratech

What would it even be at this point? The only thing I can think of is some sort of Battlemage/Spellsword; a class that could hot-swap between melee and ranged magic damage or something similar. Basically a class built entirely around combining the enhancement and elemental Shaman trees. Maybe its a class that could also heal while dealing damage or something as well. Hell they could give it a tanking tree, the idea of a tank that solely spell-casts could be pretty interesting; sort of a DK or a Paladin but with no actual melee weapon or shield.

Frankly, if it's anything, it'd likely be magic oriented as to take over the sole armor types that are practically locked to one class.
Like Shamans are the only ones that use Int/Spi Mail and Paladins with Int/Spi Plate.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Frankly, if it's anything, it'd likely be magic oriented as to take over the sole armor types that are practically locked to one class.
Like Shamans are the only ones that use Int/Spi Mail and Paladins with Int/Spi Plate.

At least with Shaman there are two specs that can use that.. Plate Int gear is just Holy Paladins. Re-tooling Unholy Dks to use Int gear would be pretty awesome

Slayerx

They had to scrap Dalaran over Org because of performance issues. This makes me incredibly sad :( but I guess it's the thought that counts lol.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Lore interview with Dave Kosak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB0_0G5N8g

TL'DW:
-Blizzard announced we would kill Garrosh early on because some fans were displeased with the Pandaren and thought it would be a "funny" expansion.
-The question "Who came first? Titan or Old God" will be answered in the future.
-Blizzard couldn't fit in anything with Sylvanas/Undercity, but canonicall the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.
-The Klaxxi are simply in Orgrimmar hoping Garrosh resurrects their master, Y'shaaraj.
-Dalaran was supposed to be over Orgrimmar during the SoO, but there were too many performance issues, so it was scrapped.
-The Draenei are due for some lore.
-Rexxar was going to be in Battlefield: Barrens, but Blizz ran of time.

Tehalemi

TL'DW:
-Blizzard announced we would kill Garrosh early on because some fans were displeased with the Pandaren and thought it would be a "funny" expansion.
-The question "Who came first? Titan or Old God" will be answered in the future.
-Blizzard couldn't fit in anything with Sylvanas/Undercity, but canonicall the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.
-The Klaxxi are simply in Orgrimmar hoping Garrosh resurrects their master, Y'shaaraj.
-Dalaran was supposed to be over Orgrimmar during the SoO, but there were too many performance issues, so it was scrapped.

Listened to the whole thing a half hour ago. Definitely interesting stuff. :D

Entropia

No One Remembers

TL'DW:

God, that would have been amazing!

Kenai

It depends. I think that they'd done a bad job with newer faction leaders more than races, although it's kinda similar.

It took forever for them to get started on Lorthemar and he's be around forever, and Velen is still sitting around not doing much (although if there is an expansion involving the Legion I'm sure he will play a respectable role in that).. Genn's barely done anything since his debut, same with Gallywix. Most people don't even know about Aysa and Jin unless they rolled a panda toon.

Loxley

I just went and solo'd Kara for the first time, I haven't stepped foot in that place since TBC. Ohhhh how good it felt to dish out some personal vengeance on Netherspite. Asshole.

CassSept

That bit about Dalaran is quite funny.

Genn's barely done anything since his debut, same with Gallywix. Most people don't even know about Aysa and Jin unless they rolled a panda toon.

At least pandaren leaders exist outside of levelling zones. Gallywix disappears after Kezan/Lost Isles storyline, unless you roll a goblin you can't even see him. Sure, there is his palace and Rushmore-esque mount in Azshara, but the npc himself is non-existent.

mclem

Generally the new races they have added have had something to do with the new story line.

Goblins and Worgen didn't really. Tenuous at best.

I just think the Klaxxi have been quite well-recieved and there's a reasonable way freshly-birthed Klaxxi could end up in the horde.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I just think the Klaxxi have been quite well-recieved and there's a reasonable way freshly-birthed Klaxxi could end up in the horde.

Klaxxi has as much chance ending up into the Horde than previous races like the Northrend's walrus or the cat people in Uldum. Which is almost no chance at all.

Jag

I just went and solo'd Kara for the first time, I haven't stepped foot in that place since TBC. Ohhhh how good it felt to dish out some personal vengeance on Netherspite. Asshole.

How's Chess? I was able to do it a long time ago, but wanted to make sure it was still soloable.

How's Chess? I was able to do it a long time ago, but wanted to make sure it was still soloable.

You can get through the chess by moving the pawn in front of the king forward to give the king a place to step when Medivh cheats and puts fire under the king. From there you have a little freedom of choice. I typically just control the king the entire time and spam heroism and the cleave attack. I win about 75% of the time by barely paying attention doing that. Someone else commented here or maybe it was in guild chat that they control the priest and just sit there and heal. Occasionally I pop out to the priest to heal but it's not completely necessary. Some of it requires adapting to Medivh's cheats but often I just mash the buttons and wait for it to end so I can move on.

strafer

TL'DW:

That was pretty interesting.

Atsumi

Some of the ideas are pretty cool, and I definitely wouldn't be opposed to sub-races. Like Mag'har orcs.

completemaghar.jpg

image source

TL'DW:

Man I wish they'd do more with Dalaran, having it over Org would have been amazing. In WotLK I always wanted Arthas to attack Dal in a pre 3.3 event and bring the city down. And then in 3.3 the new neutral hub would be among the wreckage of the city strewn across an area of Crystalsong :> (I knew this would never ever happen, but it was fun to imagine =P)

Garryk

TL'DW:

Bolded are disappointing. I would play through those as scenarios if they wanted to add them post-patch.

I wonder why they couldn't just use an art asset for Dalaran. Did it need to be interactive?

Skab

My point was that they don't use already established races from the previous expansions, and instead go for new races that are involved in the new expansions story.

Entropia

No One Remembers
That bit about Dalaran is quite funny.

At least pandaren leaders exist outside of levelling zones. Gallywix disappears after Kezan/Lost Isles storyline, unless you roll a goblin you can't even see him. Sure, there is his palace and Rushmore-esque mount in Azshara, but the npc himself is non-existent.

One thing that bothers me is he's supposed to be a rather rotund Goblin, but when you look at him he has nothing distinguishing about him other than he's in a robot or something.

Some of the ideas are pretty cool, and I definitely wouldn't be opposed to sub-races. Like Mag'har orcs.

I'm definitely for this idea as well. I mean the Dwarves could be 3 different types I believe. Trolls might be limited as only the Darkspear are with the Horde..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Having Dalaran above Orgrimmar would have been cool, but serve little purpose. Its not like Dalaran have a bunch of cannons, (or holes to cast magic spells) underneath it to fire on Orgrimmar or something.

Anybody in the battle.net launcher beta?

I'm wondering if it has an "appear offline" feature. I have a stalker friend who I'd prefer to avoid.

What strafer said. As to the second part, no one sees you as online when you're just in the launcher, but you also can't chat or set status or anything like that. Keep in mind the tabs only show you who is online in that tab's game, so if you don't see your stalker friend on WoW he might still be on D3, for example, so check all the tabs ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom