• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

I'm definitely for this idea as well. I mean the Dwarves could be 3 different types I believe. Trolls might be limited as only the Darkspear are with the Horde..

There are a couple Forest Troll tribes with allegiance to the Horde, but none of the major ones.

I could be misremembering all that though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't really fathom how it takes like 4 years just to re-do the character models.

The only thing in that rumor/leak that bothers me is every expansion till date we have had a new race or class.

BEs/Space Goats
DKs
Goblins/Worgens
Monks and Pandas

I don't see any way Blizzard launches an expansion without extra specs, a class or a race or even new models. Its intentional that expansions give players incentives to replay the old content. I don't think people would buy the expansion if it was nothing more than a content patch.

What strafer said. As to the second part, no one sees you as online when you're just in the launcher, but you also can't chat or set status or anything like that. Keep in mind the tabs only show you who is online in that tab's game, so if you don't see your stalker friend on WoW he might still be on D3, for example, so check all the tabs ;D

Just got home and installed the beta client. I knew it was in open phase but I did not know it was "awesome" :p

Pretty slick so far! No appear offline option though, and I can't find where to view online friends from within the launcher.

It's also frustrating that I can no longer see the download size or connection speed while downloading updates. Why hide that stuff from the user?

strafer

Just got home and installed the beta client. I knew it was in open phase but I did not know it was "awesome" :p

Pretty slick so far! No appear offline option though, and I can't find where to view online friends from within the launcher.

It's also frustrating that I can no longer see the download size or connection speed while downloading updates. Why hide that stuff from the user?

I see it.

I see it.

What am I missing...?

TBRMwVB.jpg

The circle to the right of PLAY is spinning because it's downloading, but when I mouseover it just says it's downloading. Also where can I find my friends list in the launcher as someone mentioned?

If there were anyone online it would look like this

And like I said, there's no appear offline option, but you don't show up as online to anyone.

RPGCrazied

Anyone hope Naga becomes playable sometime in the near future?

Hell, Metzen wanted them playable at some point. Armor pretty much fit already on them. Who cares if they can't wear shoes. Make them a tail slot or something.

15672.jpg

zugzug

all this talk about unused faction leaders, doesn't that really say their quest writers/leaders/producers are very bad. Why couldn't they plan this out when they are writing quests for each zone. Assign the blood elves to lead X zone for the horde and include the leaders there. Or have them standing next to such and such native species we meet in said zone.

there are many ways they could have been used make cutscene apperances like Arthas did in WOTLK like when you completed the quest line in the troll dungeon.

I'm quite sure there are better writers than me so it dosent' seem like this zone is Blood elf lead only but having each faction leader written in during the quest writing period/planning stages sure seems better than I dunno NEVER using them.

Just seems so obvious.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why would they even add nagas as playable races? They have never shown a single sign of even wanting to be friendly or even neutral with either the Alliance or the Horde. It's either "kill them" or "enslave them".

RPGCrazied

Why would they even add nagas as playable races? They have never shown a single sign of even wanting to be friendly or even neutral with either the Alliance or the Horde. It's either "kill them" or "enslave them".

Lore doesn't matter. Blizzard is king of making it work. And like I said, Metzen wants them playable at some point. Old interview though, still though it could work. It was on one of those making of DVDS, I think the BC CE.

zugzug

3rd faction, but I'm convinced blizzard is not smart enough to make it work.
Let alone a Murloc 3rd faction with x10 difficulty level.

Bizazedo

Crystalsong Forest. Dalaran lag caused them to not do anything with the zone and tournament was moved to north Icecrown.

Yep. As a result, it has to be the weirdest zone in the entire game.

3rd faction, but I'm convinced blizzard is not smart enough to make it work.
Let alone a Murloc 3rd faction with x10 difficulty level.

Third faction would never work, anyways. Realms have population imbalances with two!

Only way it could work is if the war between the Horde and Alliance ended and you could have guilds made up of both.

And that's...weird.

CassSept

Something something betrayed someone somewhere and unprecedented partnership with blood elves in TFT deus ex machina has driven Naga to fight their maddened Queen along the forces... OF THE HORDE!

If they decide to do it they will find a way. Spacegoat introduction rectonned a ton of lore including origins of The Burning Legion, fitting playable Naga in is nothing.

Rogue (Forums, Talent Calculator)
Assassination
Assassin's Resolve now increases damage by 25%, down from 30%.

;_; well that was a short-lived buff

Garryk

Having Dalaran above Orgrimmar would have been cool, but serve little purpose. Its not like Dalaran have a bunch of cannons, (or holes to cast magic spells) underneath it to fire on Orgrimmar or something.

That sewer pipe could cause a decent mess in front of the AH or something.

Bizazedo

So, a question to Alliance players. Do you feel neglected on the storyline? Like it's too Horde-centric?

What would you like to see next?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, a question to Alliance players. Do you feel neglected on the storyline? Like it's too Horde-centric?

Neglected? Not really, there has been plenty of development with Jaina, Varian and Anduin, and even a little bit with the Dwarven Council with the 5.3 scenario. Wish there would have been a little more with the other leaders...(i still wonder wtf was Tyrande doing in Pandaria in that ressources scenario when she was nowhere else to be found in the expansion) but what are you gonna do?

Velen will probably start showing up again once the Burning Legion will come back.
Mekkatorque? Lol gnomes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Neglected? Not really, there has been plenty of development with Jaina, Varian and Anduin, and even a little bit with the Dwarven Council with the 5.3 scenario. Wish there would have been a little more with the other leaders...(i still wonder wtf was Tyrande doing in Pandaria in that ressources scenario when she was nowhere else to be found in the expansion) but what are you gonna do?

Yeah, that was weird in retrospect. Not a big fan of Varian being Thrall 2, though.

Isn't Mekkatorque going to be in SOO for some random reason?

cdyhybrid

I still don't get this complaint. Vanilla, BC, and Wrath were all Alliance-centric. You get to invade the Horde's capitol city and raze it. Would they be happier if we were raiding Stormwind to kill Varian instead?

Wait, did neth just confirm the team size bump from that expansion leak? Or was the 40% size increase & rapid content updates quote from somewhere else?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/267231-so-blizz-has-lied-for-years/

I thought it was common knowledge that when Titan got shelved the people working on it got placed on other teams.

CassSept

Wait, did neth just confirm the team size bump from that expansion leak? Or was the 40% size increase & rapid content updates quote from somewhere else?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/267231-so-blizz-has-lied-for-years/

This is a quote from a recent interview, Gamescom one I believe.

Yeah, that was weird in retrospect. Not a big fan of Varian being Thrall 2, though.

Isn't Mekkatorque going to be in SOO for some random reason?

He's supposed to solo some of the packs in SoO or something o_O

I still don't get this complaint. Vanilla, BC, and Wrath were all Alliance-centric. You get to invade the Horde's capitol city and raze it. Would they be happier if we were raiding Stormwind to kill Varian instead?

I wouldn't call TBC Alliance-centric. Vanilla, certainly. Wrath, I can see your point. TBC, nah. Blood Elves were the centerpiece of TBC so unless you still count them back then as pretty elves=alliance I'd call TBC more horde-centric. Especially with the then-mindblowing Hero of the Mag'har chain.

Angry Grimace

This is a quote from a recent interview, Gamescom one I believe.

He's supposed to solo some of the packs in SoO or something o_O

Tyrande is in SOO too for whatever reason. They're just putting them there for flavor I guess.

cdyhybrid

I wouldn't say Blood Elves were the centerpiece. Kael'thas was a running joke after TK and Sunwell was just something tacked on to the end. BT was clearly supposed to be the climax of the expansion, and the Illidan/Maiev storyline is a Night Elf (Alliance) one. I wouldn't count some quest you do halfway through the leveling process as something significant. It was less Alliance-centric than Vanilla or Wrath, but Horde-side really didn't have much going on.

Loxley

Not at all, Blizzard have done a lot with the Alliance over the last few years. I think it's a little funny that we seem to keep getting quests to raid Horde cities (RIP The Battle of the Undercity ;_;) and, to my recollection, we have yet to get one where we march on an Alliance capital.

What's the Exodar been up to lately? Let's raid that place and bring some excitement there for once. Or maybe Darnassus.

CassSept

I wouldn't say Blood Elves were the centerpiece. Kael'thas was a running joke after TK and Sunwell was just something tacked on to the end. BT was clearly supposed to be the climax of the expansion, and the Illidan/Maiev storyline is a Night Elf (Alliance) one. I wouldn't count some quest you do halfway through the leveling process as something significant. It was less Alliance-centric than Vanilla or Wrath, but Horde-side really didn't have much going on.

Sunwell being "tacked on" at the end is a running notion that's quite false. First of all, SWP was mentioned as the ultimate raid zone way earlier than people remember for whatever reason. Secondly, Kil'jaeden's coming is foretold in the quest you get after killing Kael'thas where he outright states he is alive and is summoning Kil'jaeden through Sunwell. Third, Sunwell is far too good of a raid and way too well thought-out to just be considered "tacked on". It was an achievement in design on Blizzard's part, and considering it a simply bonus raid is an insult to what they had made.

And you are clearly mistaking Hero of the Mag'har for something else because it was by far the most developed and impressive quest chain of it's time

Bizazedo

Not at all, Blizzard have done a lot with the Alliance over the last few years. I think it's a little funny that we seem to keep getting quests to raid Horde cities (RIP The Battle of the Undercity ;_;) and, to my recollection, we have yet to get one where we march on an Alliance capital.

What's the Exodar been up to lately? Let's raid that place and bring some excitement there for once. Or maybe Darnassus.

I loved Battle of the Undercity, but it forever ruined my main's stats. Every time I look at most damaging hit, THAT awesome scenario will never be eclipsed. I think I have something stupid like a 34 million damaging hit.

Which is a shame since I'm passing 3 million damage hits on Horridon.

cdyhybrid

Sunwell being "tacked on" at the end is a running notion that's quite false. First of all, SWP was mentioned as the ultimate raid zone way earlier than people remember for whatever reason. Secondly, Kil'jaeden's coming is foretold in the quest you get after killing Kael'thas where he outright states he is alive and is summoning Kil'jaeden through Sunwell. Third, Sunwell is far too good of a raid and way too well thought-out to just be considered "tacked on". It was an achievement in design on Blizzard's part, and considering it a simply bonus raid is an insult to what they had made.

Illidan was clearly supposed to be the final boss of the expansion. You know, since all of the pre-release promotion and build-up throughout the expansion pointed to him. A raid being well-designed and being tacked on lore-wise are not mutually exclusive.

And you are clearly mistaking Hero of the Mag'har for something else because it was by far the most developed and impressive quest chain of it's time

Starts at level 67 and ends at level 68. Meh. It's cool for a leveling quest but that doesn't really do much for me. Besides, anyone can make a Horde character and do that quest chain. I can't make a character of the opposite faction and have Siege of Orgrimmar magically become Siege of Stormwind, or have Tirion be replaced by Sylvanas in Wrath.

Angry Grimace

Demo Warlock solos the Sha of Anger by inducing some lag, eating 50 Kafa beans to get an absurd amount of haste, then casting Doom on some target dummies, which results in thousands of Wild Imps, who then kill the Sha in 15 seconds or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfmNBTZsWOA

Fjordson

Got a few nice upgrades on my hunter, up to 512 item lvl.

Need to try and get in on some non-LFR Throne of Thunder. Preferably one that doesn't require achievements :lol my gear is always high enough, but I have no experience so it's tough to get an invite.

Should probably find a guild really, but my play schedule is so random, probably wouldn't work.

Angry Grimace

Meh, do it without exploiting. Wonder if that person will get banned if Blizzard gets wind of this.

They already fixed it. I doubt that player (who coincidentally broke that server in Pandaria) cares whether he gets a short term ban for something like that.

Got a few nice upgrades on my hunter, up to 512 item lvl.

Need to try and get in on some non-LFR Throne of Thunder. Preferably one that doesn't require achievements :lol my gear is always high enough, but I have no experience so it's tough to get an invite.

Should probably find a guild really, but my play schedule is so random, probably wouldn't work.

Cross realm Flex raids on NeoGAF imo

Fjordson

Cross realm Flex raids on NeoGAF imo
Ah yeah, I keep forgetting about that. Can't wait.

I know the fights pretty well from reading their strats/watching videos, and I've done 'em to death on LFR (granted they're fairly tame on LFR) but most people are sticklers for the achievement.

Understandably so I guess. I've no doubt they're people out there who waltz into pug raids with little idea of what they're getting into.

JCizzle

I am really looking forward to flex, hoping to find a solid group or guild that runs once a week, maybe twice. Seems to be a good in between for lfr and normal in terms of not being a super big deal if you need to miss some runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom