• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachpies

the flex raid can also be done with people from other realms and when you kill a boss the loot is determined on an individual basis instead of a set number of drops

Touch

Meh, do it without exploiting. Wonder if that person will get banned if Blizzard gets wind of this.
I doubt it. We had 400+ Ally in Org a couple weeks ago and only got GM portal after the server crash. I don't see how finding a way to one shot a world boss is any worse.

So, a question to Alliance players. Do you feel neglected on the storyline? Like it's too Horde-centric?

What would you like to see next?

Alliance leaders got the short end of everything in Cataclysm. Pandaria has made a much more balanced effort at using Varian, but the other leaders are largely absent, minus Jaina turning into something of a caricature of her father.

I don't know how horde-centric it is when the final raid is Orgrimmar itself and the Horde is a shambles come 5.4. Surely the Horde are no happier with that than they were when the major Wrathgate events of WotLK had Undercity become a major conflict zone. Anduin and Wrathion and the Pandaren are neutral leaders who really drive the story forward, preserving a nice theme of balance in the game world.

I do hope the prominence of the faction leaders becomes a major point for the next expansion. I kind of miss having that connection that used to exist. Ironforge would get raided and EVERYBODY would head to Magni's defense. Those were good times.

Rokam

So Honor Hold has been under attack for the last 3-4 hours, I alt-tab back in while watching Hearthstone streams, and chat is constantly filled with Local Defense spam. I'm not even sure how you resist getting burnt out killing guards and level 60's for that long.

Ultratech

So Honor Hold has been under attack for the last 3-4 hours, I alt-tab back in while watching Hearthstone streams, and chat is constantly filled with Local Defense spam. I'm not even sure how you resist getting burnt out killing guards and level 60's for that long.

I remember back in the day where we had a full raid group of 70s and straight up raided Honor Hold.

Was fun times. They didn't put up too much of a fight either.

So, I was flying around Northrend looking for that Unborn Val'kyr pet. I got to the Howling Fjord leg of my route when I figured I should try Utgarde Pinnacle. Just expected to get the lonely staff yet again when in a blink of an eye.....

r4ZlTmR.png

Ia4FPhU.png

That's three quality drops within a month (Azure Drake, Ashes of Al'ar, and now this). I'm feeling very confident about the Onyxian Drake tomorrow

That's three quality drops within a month (Azure Drake, Ashes of Al'ar, and now this). I'm feeling very confident about the Onyxian Drake tomorrow

In my now-regular Strat runs (39 complete in the last few days) I got the epic sword to drop which has roughly the same drop rate as the mount. When I saw the purple I nearly pooed. This was yesterday.

Tonight while farming silk in Eastern Plaguelands I got an old world epic drop (Staff of Jordan) and three Mr. Grubbs in under an hour. Decent luck with all that.

The other night when farming my last three sky shards it only took me just over an hour to get all three and in the process I got an MoP epic world drop (Wang's Unshakeable Smile).

I think they're bumping up everyone's luck pre-patch!

Loxley

For as long as drakes have been in WoW, I should have at least one by now. But for whatever reason I have yet to actually get a hold of one. On my main character of eight years I've only got a couple Armored Gryphons and my engineering mounts. Then again, being guild-less probably hasn't helped my chances I guess.

vocab

For as long as drakes have been in WoW, I should have at least one by now. But for whatever reason I have yet to actually get a hold of one. On my main character of eight years I've only got a couple Armored Gryphons and my engineering mounts. Then again, being guild-less probably hasn't helped my chances I guess.

If you have a 90 theres a handful of ones that you can get in seriously less than 5 mins.

6 pinnacle of storms queues later I finally killed Lei Shen and got my only runestone of the week. First one was a fresh one that seemed decent until Lei Shen. Then no one set up markers, people stood in shit, and tanks didn't move him until he fully charged a corner. Both tanks and half the healers and dps do too, so I do the same. Next 4 queues, all fresh runs, so I leave and requeue again. 6th queue, Iron Qon is at least dead. Twins go fine and Lei Shen just took 2 attempts, finally giving me my only runestone of the week after getting 3 in my first two.

Also if anyone doesn't know, if you only want a non fresh run, when you accept queue and waiting for everyone else to accept letting you know it's a fresh run, log out for like a minute and then come back on. You're then not in the run and don't have deserter.

CassSept

I've had a ridiculous streak last month when within one day I got both Blue Proto-Drake and the one from Stonecore (Vitreous?). Otherwise if I'm lucky I get one of rare raid mounts every half a year or so. I have to get back to farming VP one day, though at least that one is way faster than Strat.

Illidan was clearly supposed to be the final boss of the expansion. You know, since all of the pre-release promotion and build-up throughout the expansion pointed to him. A raid being well-designed and being tacked on lore-wise are not mutually exclusive.

Starts at level 67 and ends at level 68. Meh. It's cool for a leveling quest but that doesn't really do much for me. Besides, anyone can make a Horde character and do that quest chain. I can't make a character of the opposite faction and have Siege of Orgrimmar magically become Siege of Stormwind, or have Tirion be replaced by Sylvanas in Wrath.

I think we just have to agree to disagree. I barely remember any build-up to Illidan throughout Outland. Yeah, pre-release promotion I agree, but throughout expansion? Nah. There was probably more build-up to Kael working with demons than there was to Illidan. He wasn't even the sole Big Bad of his tier and the name of the expansion has nothing to do with him.

And no, you can't just make a Horde char and do it because final quests had been removed with Cataclysm. And it wasn't just "cool for a leveling quest", I doubt anyone had finished the chain while leveling. Everyone I know did it at 70. It was an epic world-spanning loregasm adventure that reunited Thrall with his ancestors, introduced Garrosh into the game and started his arc that gets finished in next content patch. The final nearly half-hour-long in-game event was worth the price of admission alone. That thing was awesome.

Don't think I've had a single rare mount drop for me outside of brewfest. The rarest ones I've gotten are the white polar bear from storm peak dailies (also got it in the extra loot bag from tanking heroics), the blue drake from Malygos or The Oculus random heroic (got it from the latter), and the green proto-drake (got it from the extra loot bag from tanking twice).

i don't play wow since wotlk, level 90 tanks can solo black temple or sunwell?
stupid question maybe, i just wanna know xD

Sunwell still requires 2 people for first boss last I checked, Black Temple I've heard pure dps classes making it to council solo. For what it's worth I can solo 25 man Onyxia on my Mage as well.

Berordn

Sunwell still requires 2 people for first boss last I checked, Black Temple I've heard pure dps classes making it to council solo. For what it's worth I can solo 25 man Onyxia on my Mage as well.

Kalecgos is soloable with enough DPS. All players are pulled into the nightmare realm when he reaches 1%.

Fjordson

Black Temple was pretty easy for me to solo on my hunter in heroic blues and a few LFR epics. Did it for a few weeks for some transmog gear. Haven't tried Sunwell.

CassSept

Kalec was changed in early 5.3 I believe. Brutallus might be the only hurdle in SWP. He still hits somewhat hard and the fire debuff ramps up quickly. Should be a joke for any class with a pet though.

As for BT, if you don't suicide nuke in P2 of RoS you should do fine.

Touch

i don't play wow since wotlk, level 90 tanks can solo black temple or sunwell?
stupid question maybe, i just wanna know xD
My Blood DK dog walks BT. I think first boss of Sunwell needs 2 people just because the mechanic. I have soloed most of ICC as well.

What are they doing to enh shamans again... It's like if Blizzard was actively trying to make enh shaman reroll elem.

With them reverting the Lava Lash nerf they're only nerfing two things with Stormstrike (which gains a change of its buff affecting Elemental Blast) and fire elemental damage reduced by 10%. This will obviously be a nerf for elementals, too. And enhance is gaining a buff to AoE with Fire Nova damage being increased. So while single target damage will see a bit of a dip it's really nothing too crazy and AoE is getting an increase. Is there some other change you're thinking of that I'm not aware of?

Well, I just went and got the bronze drake :lol Thanks for the heads-up guys, now I actually feel like I vaguely belong with the rest of the 90's ;)

If you're Alliance I don't mind helping you get one of the drakes in OS. We can do either OS10 or OS25 with all three drakes up. Just let me know.

I have to get back to farming VP one day, though at least that one is way faster than Strat.

I skipped nearly every mob possible in VP and unless you're able to stealth through to skip the couple required groups the fastest I could get through VP was around 4:45. My fastest run in Strat is right near the 5:00 mark and there's rarely any random variables to slow that run down unlike VP where passing by some groups feels like random luck and reliance on their slight idle movement pathing them away from one edge you're attempting to skim by. All I'm saying is that the runs are nearly the same length. And for both of these the times are to reach the mount dropping boss and be back out and reset the instance. Otherwise you can reach Rivendare faster than five minutes (I think my best time to Rivendare is around 3:45).

Edit: Completely forgot to reply with my update. Mount #189: Flying Carpet.

For the first time in years I dropped one of my two gathering professions for a crafting one. I got tailoring from 1-336 today through some off-and-on cloth farming while doing some other stuff at times, too. I'll work on getting 425 to get the other two tailoring mounts tomorrow most likely. My previous best was a blacksmith that I stopped around 230 during BC so this is a pretty big step for me in terms of professions. I actually aim to max it and make my own Royal Satchels but I'll be taking things a lot more slowly once I get the two mounts. Besides, I just got a job and start on Wednesday so I won't have as much lazy time to sit around.

CassSept

I skipped nearly every mob possible in VP and unless you're able to stealth through to skip the couple required groups the fastest I could get through VP was around 4:45. My fastest run in Strat is right near the 5:00 mark and there's rarely any random variables to slow that run down unlike VP where passing by some groups feels like random luck and reliance on their slight idle movement pathing them away from one edge you're attempting to skim by. All I'm saying is that the runs are nearly the same length. And for both of these the times are to reach the mount dropping boss and be back out and reset the instance. Otherwise you can reach Rivendare faster than five minutes (I think my best time to Rivendare is around 3:45).

My main is a rogue :) VP takes 2:50-3 minutes for me, clocked from Altairus pull to Altairus pull. I just ran past every group in stealth with Burst of Speed constantly on and Cloaking through these whirlwinds that can knockback you.

I haven't done Rivendare in a long time but I doubt I can do it under 3 minutes. Slabhide was even more intense, I was able to get him in slightly less than 2 mins :)

My main is a rogue :) VP takes 2:50-3 minutes for me, clocked from Altairus pull to Altairus pull. I just ran past every group in stealth with Burst of Speed constantly on and Cloaking through these whirlwinds that can knockback you.

I haven't done Rivendare in a long time but I doubt I can do it under 3 minutes. Slabhide was even more intense, I was able to get him in slightly less than 2 mins :)

I'm jealous of you stealth players. Slabhide I could get down to around 2:35 at the absolute fastest (2:50 or so was my average across all runs).

If everything aligns perfectly I could get through VP pulling only the two mobs on the first bridge and the three before the bridge to the first boss. I was able to scoot past everything else by running along the outer edges of most ramps (and the inner edge when the mobs moved just right for the third group down the large spiral ramp).

Rivendare is a bit of a turd. Not much can be done to speed things up. I can typically dodge all enemies in the gauntlet but it still requires killing each ziggarut boss or whatever and then running through the inside to round up the five fellows inside before killing them and heading to the next. And the whole area with the abominations is fairly slow, too. I really hope I get that mount pretty soon because it's definitely the worst of these last dungeon runs I had left. Suppose it's on par with Heroic ZA as that took me around six minutes for both bosses (and then hearthed out) but I have both of those so I don't have to concern myself there any longer either.

Bizazedo

Pet Battles are ruining my life. Awhile back, when I didn't care, I spawned the rats in Domination Point for a pet battling guildie.

Yesterday I decided to farm up the 2000 tokens and get it for myself and then struggle through finding a rare one.

And I was pleased when I got a rare rat.

Ugh.

Jag

Black Temple was pretty easy for me to solo on my hunter in heroic blues and a few LFR epics. Did it for a few weeks for some transmog gear. Haven't tried Sunwell.

I may go back to get my Black Bow to xmog. I deleted it for bag space and I never wanted to set foot in BT again. I'm a little concerned about soloing Reliquary though.

Speaking of mounts, my favorite mount is my Black Proto-Drake which is no longer in the game. Think we were the first guild to get Immortal on Whisperwind.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I dunno, I remember the original Silithus...

Speaking of Silithus, i really hate how the only source of Essence of Air are the few elementals in the northwest corner. With cross realm zones, you always have at least 1 or 2 people farming those, which makes you wait and fight for those slow respawns. It makes getting that item for Agility enchants for heirloom weapons a bit a pain in the ass. The droprate is already low enough as it is...

CassSept

Soloing Reliquary simply takes some restraint. Slow and steady wins the race, dps the second phase slowly and throw some self-heals on yourself and you should do it. The boss was also nerfed for soloers a while ago, Spirit Shock now has a cooldown so missing one is no longer as big of a deal as it used to be.

cdyhybrid

Yet another disappointing loot week approaches.

I need a ring and both trinkets upgraded to reach 522 across the board.

Edit: My server is up! So early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom