• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm jealous of you stealth players. Slabhide I could get down to around 2:35 at the absolute fastest (2:50 or so was my average across all runs).

If everything aligns perfectly I could get through VP pulling only the two mobs on the first bridge and the three before the bridge to the first boss. I was able to scoot past everything else by running along the outer edges of most ramps (and the inner edge when the mobs moved just right for the third group down the large spiral ramp).

Rivendare is a bit of a turd. Not much can be done to speed things up. I can typically dodge all enemies in the gauntlet but it still requires killing each ziggarut boss or whatever and then running through the inside to round up the five fellows inside before killing them and heading to the next. And the whole area with the abominations is fairly slow, too. I really hope I get that mount pretty soon because it's definitely the worst of these last dungeon runs I had left. Suppose it's on par with Heroic ZA as that took me around six minutes for both bosses (and then hearthed out) but I have both of those so I don't have to concern myself there any longer either.

I got Rivendare's mount in 3.0.8 when there was a bug that let you just walk straight to Baron Rivendare.

Bizazedo

Yet another disappointing loot week approaches.

I need a ring and both trinkets upgraded to reach 522 across the board.

Edit: My server is up! So early.

Trinkets.,,,

I'm stuck at like 533 or 534 because I'm still using a 489 trinket (upgraded to 497 out of desperation).

Lei Shen refuses to give up what I want in LFR or normal raids. I've even started burning coins in LFR.

Bizazedo

Well, I have to decide between buying that and saving VP for the patch...I can't spend anymore if I want to be near the cap when the patch drops.

Yeah, but there's not a huge benefit this go-round with potentially hoarding VP, right? No new VP items, just cheaper old ones. And unless you expect a mountain of drops in a Normal raid the first weak that you'll need to upgrade (cuz y'figure LFR won't open for a week or two), it's probably not needed to end at max.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Buy your 522 at least!:p
Man, I got lucky on my rogue. The first time I got into ToT LFR I got both Blades of Renataki and Bad Juju. Then I got nothing for months and I'm still stuck at 510. My DK still had the Brewfest trinket up to a this week, and not because I'm not aware its worse than the 463s; I couldn't get those to drop either!

Yeah, but there's not a huge benefit this go-round with potentially hoarding VP, right? No new VP items, just cheaper old ones. And unless you expect a mountain of drops in a Normal raid the first weak that you'll need to upgrade (cuz y'figure LFR won't open for a week or two), it's probably not needed to end at max.

VP gear will be slashed at the Shado-Pan Assault vendor and everything else that's VP is going to be JP (not sure about the Krarasang invasion, stuff, but last I heard its JP also). Not sure if upgrading ToT gear will still require the same amount of VP it requries to upgrade SO gear.

LFR will not be open on Sept. 11, but the first "wing" of Flex WILL be open and the understanding I have is that its basically the difficulty level of 10 mans in Wrath of the Lich King.

Tarazet

Man, I got lucky on my rogue. The first time I got into ToT LFR I got both Blades of Renataki and Bad Juju. Then I got nothing for months and I'm still stuck at 510. My DK still had the Brewfest trinket up to a this week, and not because I'm not aware its worse than the 463s; I couldn't get those to drop either!

Blades of Renataki was the first piece of loot I got on my first kill of Horridon in ToT LFR, then again on normal, then again on heroic. The drop chance seems to be quite high.

cdyhybrid

I imagine we'll do Flex in addition to Normal. But you're right, I probably won't get anything to drop anyway :p

sqwarlock

Speaking of soloing things, is there a list that states what old content is harder with a pet out? I want to take my new hunter through some old content for transmog stuff, and I think I remember hearing that some encounters have mechanics that are worse when you have a pet tanking for you.

Tamanon

Banned
About how long does it take to finish the Darkspear Revolution achievement? Could it be done in a couple of nights?

It could be done in a couple hours depending on how many people are hunting commanders. It's really easy, just do the first half dozen starter quests, complete the Battlefield Barrens weekly, and the quest to send Shaohao up a mountain(super easy and gets you 502 boots).

Bizazedo

It could be done in a couple hours depending on how many people are hunting commanders. It's really easy, just do the first half dozen starter quests, complete the Battlefield Barrens weekly, and the quest to send Shaohao up a mountain(super easy and gets you 502 boots).

If you're geared enough, it's more rewarding to just go to the sites and attack the normal mobs. Lots of cloth / magic items / random drops and I'm knocking down like 6-12 at a time.

It's AE heaven.

Tacitus_

About how long does it take to finish the Darkspear Revolution achievement? Could it be done in a couple of nights?

Depends on your class (aoe farming / multipulling helps) and whether people are farming the commanders. I had the weekly done in a couple of hours on my DK since I could pull packs of 10 or so mobs. My rogue on the other hand took a lot longer.

Garryk

Depends on your class (aoe farming / multipulling helps) and whether people are farming the commanders. I had the weekly done in a couple of hours on my DK since I could pull packs of 10 or so mobs. My rogue on the other hand took a lot longer.

Figures, my main is a Rogue.

Jag

Soloing Reliquary simply takes some restraint. Slow and steady wins the race, dps the second phase slowly and throw some self-heals on yourself and you should do it. The boss was also nerfed for soloers a while ago, Spirit Shock now has a cooldown so missing one is no longer as big of a deal as it used to be.

I had my old Necklace that ports you to BT still in my bag, so I blew through all the bosses, including Reliq (thanks). But having some issues with Council. Trying to burn down the Pally, but don't have enough healing to get through it and can't keep all the aggro on my pet (Hunter). I'm going to respec to be more solo friendly and see if that helps.

Tacitus_

Figures, my main is a Rogue.

If it's your main, it should be better geared than my 3rd char to max :p
I was doing it on my rogue & DK to get the mojo for the gear pieces so it was kind of awkward on my rogue since there was no one killing the commandera.

CassSept

I had my old Necklace that ports you to BT still in my bag, so I blew through all the bosses, including Reliq (thanks). But having some issues with Council. Trying to burn down the Pally, but don't have enough healing to get through it and can't keep all the aggro on my pet (Hunter). I'm going to respec to be more solo friendly and see if that helps.

Honestly, I can't really speak for other classes. That boss was hell and ultimate wall for me on my assa rogue while I know most of the other classes found it pretty easy.

Hint: Stack them together and cd+aoe the living hell out of them while keeping Malande on target. I don't know if Hunters have anything resembling cleave (multishot?) but for me that was a key to success. That and on slower attempts interrupting Malande. Since they share linked healthpool aoe is the key.

Angry Grimace

Honestly, I can't really speak for other classes. That boss was hell and ultimate wall for me on my assa rogue while I know most of the other classes found it pretty easy.

Hint: Stack them together and cd+aoe the living hell out of them while keeping Malande on target. I don't know if Hunters have anything resembling cleave (multishot?) but for me that was a key to success. That and on slower attempts interrupting Malande. Since they share linked healthpool aoe is the key.

Switch to Combat (if you have a weapon for it), use Blade Flurry and Killing Machine and hope he dies.

Loxley

As someone who's just getting back into running heroics, would the advisable thing to do right now be to hold onto my VP for when 5.4 hits?

Angry Grimace

As someone who's just getting back into running heroics, would the advisable thing to do right now be to hold onto my VP for when 5.4 hits?

Yes. You shouldn't be buying anything other than Shado-Pan Assault gear anyways and its going to be substantially cheaper in 5.4.

Tamanon

Banned

Hoard both VP and JP. JP can get you ilevel 489/496 stuff and VP can get you 522 stuff. Get you in LFR shape super quick.

Angry Grimace

Its pretty funny how worthless JP are now vs. how much they will be worth at the patch.

cdyhybrid

If you're already at 522+ ilvl there's not much point in spending it before the patch. If you can get upgrades from 522 gear right now, might as well do it, maybe save 1000VP in case you get a bunch of items that first week in SoO.

Err, what kind of Heroics? Heroic raids or heroic dungeons?

Loxley

If you're already at 522+ ilvl there's not much point in spending it before the patch. If you can get upgrades from 522 gear right now, might as well do it, maybe save 1000VP in case you get a bunch of items that first week in SoO.

Err, what kind of Heroics? Heroic raids or heroic dungeons?

Oh, my iLevel is a rock solid 455 right now :lol I'm just talking about heroic 5-mans. Heck I can't even queue up for heroic Scenarios yet because by iLevel is so low.

But thanks guys, I'll be sure to grind the crap out of VP and JP over the next couple weeks and then splurge when 5.4 hits.

cdyhybrid

Oh, my iLevel is a rock solid 455 right now :lol I'm just talking about heroic 5-mans. Heck I can't even queue up for heroic Scenarios yet because by iLevel is so low.

But thanks guys, I'll be sure to grind the crap out of VP and JP over the next couple weeks.

Oh, I thought you meant heroic raids :p Yeah, just save that stuff.

Tamanon

Banned

But thanks guys, I'll be sure to grind the crap out of VP and JP over the next couple weeks and then splurge when 5.4 hits.

Get to 460 and start doing LFRs. They're super easy(easier than Heroics, IMO) and can get you some shinies.

Jag

I just realized that the LFRs are about the same time length as Heroics, but give you better gear and is more flexible with people popping in and out. I actually prefer this way to running 5mans over and over. So you get to see the raid content, get decent gear and feel like you are raiding, sort of. Definitely works for me. I got to 490 in about a week.

Ultratech

DK's Runestone Hunt: 8/12 (Only 1 stone this week...and lots of gear drops, but nothing good yet.)

Also, Invincible popped up on my realm's Black Market today!!!
But alas, I don't have 200k+ on my entire account, so that kinda blows. :|
(Bid's probably much higher by now.)

I just realized that the LFRs are about the same time length as Heroics, but give you better gear and is more flexible with people popping in and out. I actually prefer this way to running 5mans over and over. So you get to see the raid content, get decent gear and feel like you are raiding, sort of. Definitely works for me. I got to 490 in about a week.

Eh...I'd say it depends.

Generally, LFRs will take longer. (Especially if you get grouped with people who pay no attention to mechanics...)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Heroics tends to last 10-15-20 mins these days. A LFR raid, at best, last a little less than a hour and can get up to 2 hours if you have one (very) terrible group.

Was smarter this week and did LFR while groups don't suck. Got 3 more runestones, putting me at 10/12 through 4 weeks with one week left before 5.4. You have to kill Lei Shen again right after the Titan runestones right?

Fjordson

Finally got a ZG mount (armored raptor)!

Looks awesome, though I hope the panther drops for me sometime soon. Been running this pretty much daily for a while now.

Touch

I only need 4 more achievements for ICC25 But they are the ones everyone fucks up. O_O

Once Bitten
Full House
Portal Jockey (I swear this is broken)
Been Waiting

I just want the mount already...

sqwarlock

Ugh, I really, really hate the PvP part of the legendary. Not just because I'm terrible at PvP, but also because I've never seen such rage out of players. Not even a bad LFR group promotes such hostility.

I only need 4 more achievements for ICC25 But they are the ones everyone fucks up. O_O

Once Bitten
Full House
Been Waiting

I too need those four plus Neck Deep in Vile.

Fjordson

Once Bitten
Full House
Been Waiting

I know that feel. Literally all I need is "Been Waiting" but every group I see is just a speed run. So even when I do go, Arthas just gets burned down right away.

I get mad if a heroic takes over 15 minutes these days.

When I get bored and do one on my blood DK (522 ilvl) I get annoyed when they take over 5 minutes lol.

Just finished the 5.1 quest chain at domination point. Probably my second favorite quest chain in WoW behind Darrowshire (although that's partly clouded in nostalgia). Only annoying part is about half the quests don't give you ports back (was on my mage so it wasn't too much trouble but still).

Once Bitten
Full House
Been Waiting

If you're Alliance I'll help group up for Full House. That's the one I need. I tried soloing it awhile back and after a couple hours and something like 15 deaths I finally gave up. I got her down to something like 3% health one time! I'm actually about 10 ilvl higher now so I should probably give that another shot. I guess it's not too bad for tanks but as an enhance shaman it's rough trying to stay alive with five types up.

Aside from my usual Uldum laps and Strat runs (up to 54 kills) I went back out to get another primal egg after getting yet another duplicate raptor on my eighth egg. I still just need the red one. So I went out and got 1,000 more bones but no new egg. I'm now at 7,160 bones. I'm starting to think I'm going to get the 9,999 bones before I get the red raptor to complete the set. How annoying.

I am still stuck at 50k dps with my fire mage

Dunno what I am doing wrong.

I don't play Fire Mage but I looked it up to verify and you should prioritize having 15% spell hit but you've reforged out your hit for crit. Make sure to get the hit cap and then focus on crit. I doubt that accounts completely for the DPS so from there I imagine it's something you're missing that's part of the rotation or something? For a fairly simple rotation listing you can check Noxxic: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/mage/fire/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

I am still stuck at 50k dps with my fire mage

Dunno what I am doing wrong.

Piece by piece:

Head - fine
Neck - fine
Shoulders - get inscription enchant
Back - fine I think (can't read enchant)
Chest - change the reforge to hit
Wrists - fine
Weapon - change the reforge to hit, replace the gems with pure crit (or at least the prismatic one) and upgrade it as soon as you get the valor.
Gloves - fine I think. Can't remember if there's a better enchant for us since I'm an engineer.
Belt - get the shado-pan assault valor belt next patch.
Legs - change the gems to int/crit. Some would suggest pure crit but that socket bonus is too good to me.
Boots - fine
Ring 1 (going top to bottom) - change reforge to hit.
Ring 2 - fine
Trinket 1 (top to bottom) - fine
Trinket 2 - unforge it if you're still under hit cap.

Your biggest problems are you're not hit capped and your weapon isn't that good. You always want to be over 15% but not much over. For basically every class you upgrade your weapon before anything else. I also likely missed more pieces you could use the valor versions for but your belt needs to be changed the most if everything else is at least 502.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Yunsen/simple

Here's my fire Mage for comparison.

Side note, this was a fucking bitch on phone because half the time I tapped pieces it took me to its actual page. X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom