• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

Item Set Bonuses
Item - Rogue T15 4P Bonus Shadow Blades also reduces the cost of all your abilities by 40%. 15%.

Amazing piece of fine-tuning by Blizzard. T15 bonus so powerful for combat that combat (and combat only) rogues would wear T15 over T16? TO THE GROUND.

I'm sort of afraid that they are making changes like that so late into patch development. This with the yesterday's reversal of Assassin's Resolve buff makes me afraid that when I log on patch day I'll suddenly be way weaker.

Switch to Combat (if you have a weapon for it), use Blade Flurry and Killing Machine and hope he dies.

Re-read the second half of my post, unless you know of some other cleave-like ability rogues posses :p I think I went nearly under 10 secs with Blade Flurry by the end of my BT farming (2nd glaive eventually dropped... over 5 years after I first killed Illidan but it's still pretty)

Heroics tends to last 10-15-20 mins these days. A LFR raid, at best, last a little less than a hour and can get up to 2 hours if you have one (very) terrible group.

This week I was short on VPs so I queued for the first time in the long time for a heroic. Got a pretty decent group. Done Strat in 6 minutes :D

mclem

From the "Wait, WHAT?" Dept:

Players who have learned the first recipe in each of “the ways” can discover a questline that starts on the Timeless Isle: “Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten.” Heroes will search for a long-lost pandaren recipe allowing them to build and run their own noodle cart. The all-new questline will revisit some old zones and dungeons, culminating in a solo scenario with a unique time-management mini-game.
The noodle cart allows a player to set themselves up as a vendor and distribute powerful noodle soups to their faction.

Piece by piece:

Head - fine
Neck - fine
Shoulders - get inscription enchant
Back - fine I think (can't read enchant)
Chest - change the reforge to hit
Wrists - fine
Weapon - change the reforge to hit, replace the gems with pure crit (or at least the prismatic one) and upgrade it as soon as you get the valor.
Gloves - fine I think. Can't remember if there's a better enchant for us since I'm an engineer.
Belt - get the shado-pan assault valor belt next patch.
Legs - change the gems to int/crit. Some would suggest pure crit but that socket bonus is too good to me.
Boots - fine
Ring 1 (going top to bottom) - change reforge to hit.
Ring 2 - fine
Trinket 1 (top to bottom) - fine
Trinket 2 - unforge it if you're still under hit cap.

Your biggest problems are you're not hit capped and your weapon isn't that good. You always want to be over 15% but not much over. For basically every class you upgrade your weapon before anything else. I also likely missed more pieces you could use the valor versions for but your belt needs to be changed the most if everything else is at least 502.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Yunsen/simple

Here's my fire Mage for comparison.

Side note, this was a fucking bitch on phone because half the time I tapped pieces it took me to its actual page. X_x

And you need more crit. RNG is a bitch for fire mages, you need at least 35-40% crit, with 50% being optimal.

ZenaxPure

From the "Wait, WHAT?" Dept:

eldoon-harmonica.gif

I was super excited when I saw the noodle cart model, but, I never thought they would take it and make it into something that sounds so cool.

SteveWD40

So, after re-subbing and rolling a Monk, I must say this class works really well. I played a Rogue since Vanilla up to wrath, dabbled in Druid and Shaman but this class just seems to fit what I have been looking for: a leather wearing class that can use staves / polearms and can actually use mounts / solo old world stuff. Druids are great but what's the point in having a mount? I also prefer not to spend all my time in a form.

Bizazedo

Speaking of mounts, I started one and have been slowly stacking the 1 hr XP buffs. While doing that and randomly leveling via pet battles, I've heard talk of the 2hander versus two 1handers here and elsewhere.

It sounded like bigger burst = 2hander from the class description, is that not the case? Eventual goal is PvP with this guy.

Westlo

Do you think Housing will be coming in the next expansion? I mean trying to think of "selling points" and if there's no new race, no new class, no 4th specs, what's left apart from New Models and Housing?

mclem

Do you think Housing will be coming in the next expansion? I mean trying to think of "selling points" and if there's no new race, no new class, no 4th specs, what's left apart from New Models and Housing?

I'm operating on the assumption that there will be new races or a new class in the expansion, to be honest. But even if not, "more content" is a perfectly viable selling point for me :)

Boogdud

My guess is the character models are going to be the selling point of the next xpac.

Heck, they could make the character model updates completely optional and sell them as an "upgrade" and make a ton of cash.

Westlo

My guess is the character models are going to be the selling point of the next xpac.

But character models will be a 6.0 "upgrade", while they can push it as part of the expansion something like housing they can sell as a part of the expansion.

And you could argue Sunsong Raunch was a test for it in a way.

Bizazedo

But character models will be a 6.0 "upgrade", while they can push it as part of the expansion something like housing they can sell as a part of the expansion.

And you could argue Sunsong Raunch was a test for it in a way.

Housing might come, especially if they do it to counter the world building Everquest is preaching about.

And I have to admit....

I miss having a Castle like in Ultima Online.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

We don't know that this is true. That's just a rumor from a source that heavily cribbed all of its content off of a MMO-C forum post.

I remember when everyone was super sure "Blademaster" was going to be an upcoming class in the Third Expansion because some guy on /v/ posted it.

Piece by piece:

Head - fine
Neck - fine
Shoulders - get inscription enchant
Back - fine I think (can't read enchant)
Chest - change the reforge to hit
Wrists - fine
Weapon - change the reforge to hit, replace the gems with pure crit (or at least the prismatic one) and upgrade it as soon as you get the valor.
Gloves - fine I think. Can't remember if there's a better enchant for us since I'm an engineer.
Belt - get the shado-pan assault valor belt next patch.
Legs - change the gems to int/crit. Some would suggest pure crit but that socket bonus is too good to me.
Boots - fine
Ring 1 (going top to bottom) - change reforge to hit.
Ring 2 - fine
Trinket 1 (top to bottom) - fine
Trinket 2 - unforge it if you're still under hit cap.

Your biggest problems are you're not hit capped and your weapon isn't that good. You always want to be over 15% but not much over. For basically every class you upgrade your weapon before anything else. I also likely missed more pieces you could use the valor versions for but your belt needs to be changed the most if everything else is at least 502.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nerzhul/Yunsen/simple

Here's my fire Mage for comparison.

Side note, this was a fucking bitch on phone because half the time I tapped pieces it took me to its actual page. X_x

I got the shadopan belt and a more useful 502 trinket, maybe its the hit stats because I am doing 20k damage with my fireballs but yeah time to reforge and change items.

And you need more crit. RNG is a bitch for fire mages, you need at least 35-40% crit, with 50% being optimal.

I think I have 35% crit but still my pyros are around 120k to 150k crit and 40k normal damage.
EDIT:
Huh ok I got 23% crit.

Your gear needs work ..red Int gems in prismatic sockets?.. but I'll bet you it comes down to incorrect play. Are you refreshing Invoker's Energy when it expires (no point doing it a few seconds early)? Are you refreshing Living Bomb after it blows up? Are you delaying Combustion outside of Alter Time for too long?

I recently have the extra socket and a spare red gem so yeah dunno what to put in that socket, maybe Im waititng to much to unleash combustion in my enemy it dies so fast before use it.
I am using the combustion helper to see the damage and use combustion at 11k or above to use it.

Tarazet

I am still stuck at 50k dps with my fire mage

Dunno what I am doing wrong.

Your gear needs work ..red Int gems in prismatic sockets?.. but I'll bet you it comes down to incorrect play. Are you refreshing Invoker's Energy when it expires (no point doing it a few seconds early)? Are you refreshing Living Bomb after it blows up? Are you delaying Combustion outside of Alter Time for too long?

Bizazedo

What mod is displaying the info on the item?

Also, yes, I actually got my first Heroic Thunderforged item off Jin'Rokh last week as well. Tanking ring.

Not a huge thing, just a ring, but still fist pump-worthy as it was off a coin roll.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hope the new expansion gets rid of stat snapshotting on DoTs. I just hate that kind of invisible effect being in the game both from a standpoint of its an invisible bit of DPS that you can accidentally screw up quite easily and not even know it, and because sitting around waiting for a billion procs to do something is a pet peeve of mine.

Tacitus_

What mod is displaying the info on the item?

Also, yes, I actually got my first Heroic Thunderforged item off Jin'Rokh last week as well. Tanking ring.

Not a huge thing, just a ring, but still fist pump-worthy as it was off a coin roll.

Altoholic and Auctioneer probably.

I really hope the new expansion gets rid of stat snapshotting on DoTs. I just hate that kind of invisible effect being in the game both from a standpoint of its an invisible bit of DPS that you can accidentally screw up quite easily and not even know it, and because sitting around waiting for a billion procs to do something is a pet peeve of mine.

Meh, I like it.

kirblar

I was really hoping it was gone so that I wouldn't have to re-up my Moonfire/Sunfires when Eclipse hit. :(

Angry Grimace

Altoholic and Auctioneer probably.

Meh, I like it.

Some players like the skill cap, but my problem with is that its invisible and unintuitive. I thought they actually had gotten rid of it with dynamic DoT updating, but I guess that never got in.

Tacitus_

Some players like the skill cap, but my problem with is that its invisible and unintuitive. I thought they actually had gotten rid of it with dynamic DoT updating, but I guess that never got in.

It may be invisible, but having to take a peek at the class forums when you reach max level is hardly game breaking.

Just went to see how hard ZG was on my mage for mounts. Raptor wasn't hard when I learned I couldn't use mirror images. Panther was the hardest of every boss I did (didn't try jindo) but still one shot it. Ended up just invising by the trash before raptor and panther making the run a lot quicker.

Tarazet

But then how will I do 250k DPS on Jin-rokh as a feral druid by lining up my potion, Tiger's Fury, DoC, and Rip/Rake?

Angry Grimace

It may be invisible, but having to take a peek at the class forums when you reach max level is hardly game breaking.

I don't remember saying it was game breaking. Its just unintuitive that its invisible and also because other things in the game don't snapshot; e.g. summoned ghouls don't do that but diseases do. I also personally find it hard to keep track of, and DoT classes are already about keeping plates spinning.

Tacitus_

I don't remember saying it was game breaking. Its just unintuitive that its invisible and also because other things in the game don't snapshot; e.g. summoned ghouls don't do that but diseases do. I also personally find it hard to keep track of, and DoT classes are already about keeping plates spinning.

Didn't mean to imply you said so. Though I have an addon to do most of the work for me, it wasn't that hard to do before I installed it - just get a buff tracker and reapply when you get proper procs.

Angry Grimace

I really need to remind myself that Cloak of Shadows and Anti-Magic Shell don't do the same thing. I keep getting knocked back when I do my weekly Nalak trying to AMS the shocking AoE thing.

cdyhybrid

Welp, our raid leader/MT and our best healer just left for a more progressed guild. Glad I wasted the last few months gearing up two different alts to meet the needs of our raid team.

Good chance I'm done with non-Flex raiding. Getting too old for this guild drama/politics bullshit.

kirblar

Welp, our raid leader/MT and our best healer just left for a more progressed guild. Glad I wasted the last few months gearing up two different alts to meet the needs of our raid team.

Good chance I'm done with non-Flex raiding. Getting too old for this guild drama/politics bullshit.
The strides they've made to let you play WoW solo are pretty amazing.

Fjordson

Man, I so know how you feel. That's exactly why I stick to pugs these days and will probably do some flex with people I know and GAF.

A good guild can be great, but I think I just have bad luck with them. Way too much of a hassle for me and the drama and shit just gets old. It's what burnt me out on the game badly towards the end of Wrath when I was raiding hardcore. I much prefer playing at my own pace these days. A, dare I say, casual pace.

Rokam

Took portal back to Stormwind from Hellfire to escape the immense amount of ganking going on, upon arrival in SW I'm killed by a horde raid sitting in the Mage Tower. Dammit!!!

ampere

I think it's more of a client/server data problem than it is a mechanic designed to increase skill cap. Imagine a 25 man raid with 100 DoTs on a boss dynamically updating and sending the update to every player in the raid (combat log).

Maybe they'll figure out a good way to do it, but I think it's a technical issue.

Angry Grimace

I think it's more of a client/server data problem than it is a mechanic designed to increase skill cap. Imagine a 25 man raid with 100 DoTs on a boss dynamically updating and sending the update to every player in the raid (combat log).

Maybe they'll figure out a good way to do it, but I think it's a technical issue.

It worked in the beta. I don't see why it would be difficult at all given that the game dynamically updates enemy values on each tick.

ampere

It worked in the beta. I don't see why it would be difficult at all given that the game dynamically updates enemy values on each tick.

Did it? Did they give an explanation for not going through with it? I played the beta, but I don't remember reading about it and didn't test it.

Here I am, thinking the WoW bug may be biting again, and I'm reminded of one of the main reasons I would quit in the past. Guild drama just sucks man, sorry you're getting hit with it. You'd think that with the number of people out there that just don't want to deal with this stuff, that there would be more semi-casual guilds but just doesn't seem that way. Only experience I had like that was the last time I played seriously, back in LK, and everyone in the guild knew each other outside of wow. I really hope that flex raiding can be successful in getting more groups like that interested in the game, might make me come back.

OK,so i haven't red if someone has already posted stuff about this (Thread is like 300 pages long), but i thought i would give 2 suggestions regarding the World of Warcraft Fifth expansion (rumored to be Rise of the Legion)

1. The easier one first: Bring all dungeons,raids, heroics, all that back as an 100 (new cap?) level super legendary heroic shit. This will not only bring a lot of content to the new expansion, but could also bring back all the old fans back, thinking "Time to kick Illidan's purple ass once more!" But, there is of course a lot of twitching and tweaking with the weapons and enemies so they become more balanced.
  2. The harder one, and i don't even think this is possible without putting tremendous amount of time to it, is to make Hardcore/Old school WoW realms. Take away the Instance Finder, Heirlooms, bring back grinding and all that stuff. Make Orgrimmar look just the way it was ( I still sometimes run outside, until I turn and notice that "Ooohh, there's no zeppelin tower!") But,this one has some serious problems and can even be impossible, but hey,it's idea worth of an thought.
What do you guys think? I mean,I believe this IS gonna be the last expansion for WoW. Why not go with a big bang while you're at it!

mclem

If you've missed the fact that the most common rumour isn't "Rise of the Legion" any more, you might want to do a bit of catching up :)

Most things have been addressed, but regarding #1: Blizzard already have scaling code built in for old dungeons, but now they've got the actually kinda awkward problem of figuring out how to reward players for doing them. That's a nontrivial issue (or rather, the trivial solutions aren't interesting enough).

#2 basically requires them to run two distinct games concurrently, and keep both balanced. That's not going to happen.

Both your suggestions fundamentally require an awful lot of bespoke work, when I'm sure more people would benefit from having that effort directed towards new content.

And last expansion for WoW? Extremely unlikely. What makes you think that?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
If you've missed the fact that the most common rumour isn't "Rise of the Legion" any more, you might want to do a bit of catching up :)

Most things have been addressed, but regarding #1: Blizzard already have scaling code built in for old dungeons, but now they've got the actually kinda awkward problem of figuring out how to reward players for doing them. That's a nontrivial issue (or rather, the trivial solutions aren't interesting enough).

#2 basically requires them to run two distinct games concurrently, and keep both balanced. That's not going to happen.

Both your suggestions fundamentally require an awful lot of bespoke work, when I'm sure more people would benefit from having that effort directed towards new content.

And last expansion for WoW? Extremely unlikely. What makes you think that?

Even more so than that. Even level 60s can do Molten Core with like 10 people, in level 60 gear. The game just evolves for the highest-level. 1-89 is a tutorial for learning your class, that means that the spaces in between are supposed to be easy, including stuff that used to be max level.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That Vision of Time video on MMOChampion is kinda dark with
all the faction leaders (well, its missing the Dwarves Council, Mekkatorque and Velen(lol Alliance)) on spikes in the Stormwind Harbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom