• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

This game hates me. I could go for well over a month without any new piece and just as the patch is approaching it throws tons of stuff at me. This week I got items from coins from both Oondasta AND Nalak. Last week I've gotten a dagger from random scenario and a week before that a ring from Oondasta. It basically started raining loot when I already lost all hope and started farming VP for 5.4.

This bumps my ilvl to 527 equipped and 529 in bank. I can't really go any further than that, though there is still a possibility of boots from scenarios, but that's about the highest you can get without raiding and crafting. 531 tops probably if you want to keep T15 bonus.

That Vision of Time video on MMOChampion is kinda dark with
all the faction leaders (well, its missing the Dwarves Council, Mekkatorque and Velen(lol Alliance)) on spikes in the Stormwind Harbor

Wow didn't watch that video because I certainly didn't expect that.
Velen's absence made me laugh though

Loxley

What do you guys think? I mean,I believe this IS gonna be the last expansion for WoW. Why not go with a big bang while you're at it!

Look at it this way: Everquest 1 peaked at around 500,000 active subscribers, and after 14 years and 19 expansions (with the 20th due out next month) the game is still going. But for the sake argument, let's pretend EQ's servers shut down and all development for it stopped at it's 15th year.

By that math, because WoW peaked at 12 million, it will be around for at least the next 360 years. Its Blizzard's biggest cash-cow (which is saying something about the same developer that owns Starcraft and Diablo) on top of still being the most popular sub-based MMO on the planet. Sure, 7.7 million isn't as grandios as 12 million, but that's still about 7 million more than the next most-popular subscription MMORPG on the market - which there aren't even very many of left these days.

My assumption is that WoW will go F2P eventually, maybe within the next three or so years. It's no secret that the majority of the WoW "A-team" moved onto Titan years ago. But as long as Blizzard's still raking in the cash, you can bet they'll be developing expansions for it for years and years and years to come. This comical future scenario that many people - who have no understanding of how the life-cycle of MMOs work - have concocted where WoW's numbers will just keep declining until there are literally two or three people left playing the game is simply never ever going to happen, WoW will always have a sizable player-base. Especially if it ever goes F2P, oh man, people would go ape-shit.

Jag

I think they have 2 more expansions. Hell, look at the Level Achievements tab. There are 2 places left for level 95 and level 100.

I also ran Black Temple for some Mog gear this week (got a Warglaive I can't equip!) and I forgot how much freaking trash and running is in there. It really is an epic raid and probably one of the best Blizz put out, but I don't miss how long it was.

What do you guys think? I mean,I believe this IS gonna be the last expansion for WoW. Why not go with a big bang while you're at it!

That's the thing about WoW. As lone as the lore is in place or set in motion then they can continue to crank out expansions. We all know that "Project Titan" was recently put back on the shelf so Blizzard can do whatever to it so WoW is safe for at least another 2-3 expansions.

Things to base expansion on;

1. Burning Legion (Possible upcoming expansion)
2. Old Gods as there are still several on Azeroth and as Blizzard has hinted at there are other Old Gods off the planet that we don't know about.
3. Creation of Titans (could tie into Old Gods).
4. Azshara / Malestrom / Naga's / South Seas

JCizzle

I really hope the new expansion gets rid of stat snapshotting on DoTs. I just hate that kind of invisible effect being in the game both from a standpoint of its an invisible bit of DPS that you can accidentally screw up quite easily and not even know it, and because sitting around waiting for a billion procs to do something is a pet peeve of mine.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. I really want to love playing on my lock, but this makes it so hard. I can't do nearly the dps of my warrior / shaman because of it. I can track when dots are up and stuff, but judging their invisible snapshot power = ffuuuuuuuu

CassSept

Guise
What are you doing
Guise
Stahp

It's no secret that the majority of the WoW "A-team" moved onto Titan years ago.

It's also no secret that
a) the team is the biggest that they ever were and they are constantly expanding (which is pretty apparent from their current schedule, they are pumping out content faster than ever)
b) that "A-team" you are talking about had been moved back to WoW after Titan was scrapped earlier this year and the team sized down for the pre-production stage

Jag said:
I think they have 2 more expansions. Hell, look at the Level Achievements tab. There are 2 places left for level 95 and level 100.

Well look at 60 Exalted Reputations achievement. If we had level 95 and level 100 achievements there would be 12 steps for level achievements and there are already 13 steps for exalted achievements. Invalid argument.

In other words, there is absolutely no possible way the next expansion is the last one. None.

RPGCrazied

I want to say WoW has got at least 5 more years in it before it goes F2P or they just shut down the servers. No way is this upcoming expansion the last one.

That's the thing about WoW. As lone as the lore is in place or set in motion then they can continue to crank out expansions. We all know that "Project Titan" was recently put back on the shelf so Blizzard can do whatever to it so WoW is safe for at least another 2-3 expansions.

Things to base expansion on;

1. Burning Legion (Possible upcoming expansion)
2. Old Gods as there are still several on Azeroth and as Blizzard has hinted at there are other Old Gods off the planet that we don't know about.
3. Creation of Titans (could tie into Old Gods).
4. Azshara / Malestrom / Naga's / South Seas

Burning Legion can be multiple expansions too:
1. Fight against KJ
2. Taking the fight to BL (travel to other worlds!)
3. Travel to Sargeas "home world" and fight him (probably would be after an expansion where we are introduced to other Titans and they help us fight him)

Kuntz

Yup been absent for months and also veeery lazu because the part with the sigils was driving me crazy.

Same shit is happening again but I'll endure it...

Also guild doesn't raid and I hate lfr with a passion...

EU gaf is underrepresented so I guess a flex raid is out of the question.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Yup been absent for months and also veeery lazu because the part with the sigils was driving me crazy.

Same shit is happening again but I'll endure it...

Also guild doesn't raid and I hate lfr with a passion...

EU gaf is underrepresented so I guess a flex raid is out of the question.
Well, we need more information to be able to validate the chance of EU GAF Flex raiding.

Clipse made a spreadsheet a while ago with a list of players. EU is definitely underrepresented there but if we get more people to sign it might change.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77270431&postcount=14714

CassSept

Secrets of the Empire 2/20

Kill me...

If Sigils are any indicator you should be able to finish it almost instantly after 5.4 comes out. On my alt I almost completed the first part of the chain in two weeks, I missed the target by one sigil (don't remember whether wisdom or power though). They drop crazy, pretty much 50% drop rate.

But yeah, currently Runestones is the painful part.

Didnt noticed my sub will end in sept 2. No money for resubbing, wanted to play a part of the new patch a little =(

Secrets of the Empire 2/20

Kill me...

On my first run I got 1 of those things and got 3 on this week run, runestones cant be worst, right.....right?

ZenaxPure

In other words, there is absolutely no possible way the next expansion is the last one. None.

I don't even understand, does anyone actually have a valid argument why the most successful MMO of all time that still has more subs than any other MMO and when subs go low enough it goes f2p and can continue to make a profit for decades to come would actually just only have 1 more expansion?

If you do, whatever your reasons are, you are wrong. In the end money > everything and WoW can be free profits for decades if Blizzard wants.

mclem

Rösti;78936773 said:
Well, we need more information to be able to validate the chance of EU GAF Flex raiding.

Clipse made a spreadsheet a while ago with a list of players. EU is definitely underrepresented there but if we get more people to sign it might change.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77270431&postcount=14714

I'm sure there was another spreadsheet several years ago, but maybe that's been lost to time. I was definitely in that (Matthias, from Aggramar-EU). That said, I'm going to have guild obligations, anyway, which would inconvenience the Flex side of things... although I might be able to wangle you guys spots if we're not at 25 at the key moments!

Skab

Where the hell do people get this idea from?

Blizzard has plans laid for at least 2-3 more expansions, and has plans for several more. WoW isn't going anywhere.

Touch

I personally can't wait to long in on that last day of WoW existence. Just think of trade chat. Man it's going to be a experience.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Didnt noticed my sub will end in sept 2. No money for resubbing, wanted to play a part of the new patch a little =(

On my first run I got 1 of those things and got 3 on this week run, runestones cant be worst, right.....right?

If you get more than 1 Runestone per week, you're considered lucky.

But that might change with 5.4 since SoO bosses will drop them too.

Kuntz

if it's anything like the end of the beta... yeah

There were demon invasions everywhere, characters being permasheep'd, people crying everywhere, it was clearly the apocalypse.

Hakkar virus was great too !

Talents

Banned
Can someone explain something to me, I'm really confused. So basically I'm getting Heirlooms for a Shaman I'm going to level, so I sent the heirlooms I had already acquired to the character, the heirlooms I had sent were mail (these two):
http://www.wowhead.com/item=61936/mystical-coif-of-elements#comments
http://www.wowhead.com/item=62025#sold-by

Now when I sent the heirlooms to my Shaman they were mail yet when I got them as my Shaman, they were leather and apparently I could wear them. I'm really confused atm. Does this mean when I hit level 40 and get the ability to wear mail they will turn back into mail items?

Skab

Can someone explain something to me, I'm really confused. So basically I'm getting Heirlooms for a Shaman I'm going to level, so I sent the heirlooms I had already acquired to the character, the heirlooms I had sent were mail (these two):
http://www.wowhead.com/item=61936/mystical-coif-of-elements#comments
http://www.wowhead.com/item=62025#sold-by

Now when I sent the heirlooms to my Shaman they were mail yet when I got them as my Shaman, they were leather and apparently I could wear them. I'm really confused atm. Does this mean when I hit level 40 and get the ability to wear mail they will turn back into mail items?

Yes.

cdyhybrid

Well, went back to my Monk since my guild is dead in the water. Got my legendary meta last night. Probably gonna start leveling a rogue.

I would not be surprised if Blizzard didn't launch another MMO after WoW. If they do, it will surely be something with a very different core business model. Certainly I think WoW is with us for the foreseeable future. Baring a drastic subscriber drop, I think it just keeps ticking more or less indefinitely. How many more expansions probably depends entirely on sales. Still a long way from dead at this point.

The traditional MMO market is so risky, I can't see how the board at Acti-Blizz could justify investing in a new MMO when their development teams could be focusing on projects with much more predictable ROI. Especially since any new MMO would likely just cannibalize WoW sales...

kirblar

I would not be surprised if Blizzard didn't launch another MMO after WoW. If they do, it will surely be something with a very different core business model. Certainly I think WoW is with us for the foreseeable future. Baring a drastic subscriber drop, I think it just keeps ticking more or less indefinitely. How many more expansions probably depends entirely on sales. Still a long way from dead at this point.

The traditional MMO market is so risky, I can't see how the board at Acti-Blizz could justify investing in a new MMO when their development teams could be focusing on projects with much more predictable ROI. Especially since any new MMO would likely just cannibalize WoW sales...
I definitely think that's a big reason why Titan got sent back to the drawing board- the market just isn't there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
With so many expansions and new lvls coming each times, i have to wonder if Blizzard will do something like "Buy this item/scroll and get to lvl XYZ immediately!" eventually. Because, going from lvl 1 to 125 isn't going to be very interesting when someone wanna try a new class and bring it to end game content.

Bizazedo

With so many expansions and new lvls coming each times, i have to wonder if Blizzard will do something like "Buy this item/scroll and get to lvl XYZ immediately!" eventually. Because, going from lvl 1 to 125 isn't going to be very interesting when someone wanna try a new class and bring it to end game content.

Good idea.

Maybe make 1-60 or 1-80 FTP (can't have it end on Burning Crusade) and if they buy it, new characters can start at 80.

Anyone know where i can get a MoP digital key for cheap? Buddy of mine started playing WoW again and he doesn't have any money due to RL stuff to play. He keeps coming over and plays on my other PC and I can't count the number of times he's played the same old content over and over, all that exp to waste.

Go figure that I saw it for $19.99 at bestbuy last week but now it's back up to $39.99.

Also does anyone know if he resubs with the MoP, does he get a free month of not? I tried to send him a SoR but Blizzard said that since his account reverted to a starter account he wasn't able to use it.

kirblar

Anyone know where i can get a MoP digital key for cheap? Buddy of mine started playing WoW again and he doesn't have any money due to RL stuff to play. He keeps coming over and plays on my other PC and I can't count the number of times he's paid the same old content over and over, all that exp to waste.

Go figure that I saw it for $19.99 at bestbuy last week but now it's back up to $39.99.

Also does anyone know if he resubs with the MoP, does he get a free month of not? I tried to send him a SoR but Blizzard said that since his account reverted to a starter account he wasn't able to use it.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/397807/World_of_Warcraft_Mists_of_Pandaria_Expansion_Set

Dunno if you have these guys locally where you're at but they have it for 10 bux. I don't think he'll get a free month - I used a free 10 day trial off Battle.net.

Nista

Be interesting to try out some Horde Flex raids come 5.4. I'm just happy my guild finally pushed through and downed Lei Shen last night in Normal for the cheeve. I even got a goofy stat swapping trinket out of the venture.

I feel your paint though, I'm almost to the runestone step of the leg quest, and I'm hoping 5.4 will make it much less horrible.

Loxley

Well said. They're also poised to have a nice little hit on their hands with Hearthstone, which probably eases the pain a little bit from a financial perspective. I know the beta has only been going on for a short amount of time at the moment, but there's no reason it couldn't be the de facto digital TCG if Blizzard - well - plays their cards right.

I'm glad Blizzard pushed Hearthstone out the door before before Blizzard All-Stars. There are already a number of big-name MOBA's that everyone has focused their attention on right now, but the digital TCG scene is still pretty fresh; lots of space for Blizzard to come in and have success. The MOBA scene on the other hand is currently a pretty cut-throat competition.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/397807/World_of_Warcraft_Mists_of_Pandaria_Expansion_Set

Dunno if you have these guys locally where you're at but they have it for 10 bux. I don't think he'll get a free month - I used a free 10 day trial off Battle.net.

Well BB let me price match it so I snagged him a 60 day sub card as well, combined with my $10 gift card I managed to walk out with MoP and the card for $29. That bastard better be happy that I hooked him up.

cdyhybrid

Is there a GAF guild or something like that with active players? Im playing again after one year away from thew game lol.

There isn't really a central guild comprised of GAF posters, but usually people will welcome you to play with them. I won't, because I'm in a dead guild and am probably transferring servers soon :p

Fjordson

Ugh. I just had someone bail in my heroic scenario group for some reason (maybe DC'ed) before we even pulled a mob. Other dude says we might as well leave and reform. So we do, pick up a third, and then try to requeue, except now I have a 10 minute wait timer. God damnit. I'm guessing one of us should have just teleported out of the instance to invite someone rather than dropping group. Didn't even occur to me for some reason when the first guy left.

Small thing, but so annoying :lol

Talents

Banned
So I'm levelling a Shaman and I am wondering what Heirloom Weapon I should get. A 2h staff or a 1h+offhand/shield. I am planning to make a Elemental Shaman.

Tamanon

Banned
So I'm levelling a Shaman and I am wondering what Heirloom Weapon I should get. A 2h staff or a 1h+offhand/shield. I am planning to make a Elemental Shaman.

Go for the offhand and shield, unless you plan on leveling another caster later on.But either should be just fine for leveling.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The oQueue addon is ridiculous. If you're not a regular raider, it pretty much just lets you do anything whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom