• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm levelling a Shaman and I am wondering what Heirloom Weapon I should get. A 2h staff or a 1h+offhand/shield. I am planning to make a Elemental Shaman.

heh I bought the cloth heirlooms and the staff heirloom for all possibly casters since you need your proper class gear at level 85, before that its very easy to do your caster stuff without anyone whinning about your dps.

FrsDvl

Hi WoW GAF.

Our guild is starting raiding tomorrow. And I'm the raid leader. I haven't raided seriously for a couple years now, and don't really know what to expect. We're starting with MSV got all the tactics studied and figured we will be okay. Is there anything else I should think about except for tactics? Any addons that might be helpful? Just need some advice, since it's making me a little nervous!

Finished my first lfr ToT run with my tank paladin, gold bags in my entire run. Feels bad being carried by the other tank, I am still using my 410 weapon.

Hi WoW GAF.

Our guild is starting raiding tomorrow. And I'm the raid leader. I haven't raided seriously for a couple years now, and don't really know what to expect. We're starting with MSV got all the tactics studied and figured we will be okay. Is there anything else I should think about except for tactics? Any addons that might be helpful? Just need some advice, since it's making me a little nervous!

Definitely download Deadly Boss Mods if you haven't yet. And as a raid leader you might want to specifically go in and customize it on a per boss basis because there's some alerts you might need if you're calling stuff out in Vent.

Finished my first lfr ToT run with my tank paladin, gold bags in my entire run. Feels bad being carried by the other tank, I am still using my 410 weapon.

Immediately queue for the regular Arena of Annihilation scenario. You're guaranteed a 450 weapon your first time through. There's definitely options out there if you're concerned about being carried.

Slayerx

So The Dark Below was removed from the database. I guess BB was right this time and the leak was bs as usual.

I got so hyped up for that, that now I am a bit disappointed :( At least Blizzcon will be really interesting this year.

Westlo

Where the hell do people get this idea from?

Blizzard has plans laid for at least 2-3 more expansions, and has plans for several more. WoW isn't going anywhere.

Yeah it's just beyond silly, Everquest has 19 expansions, Final Fantasy 11 has eleven expansions, to think WoW which has only had 4 expansions is going to end anytime soon, is just dumb period

Bizazedo

The oQueue addon is ridiculous. If you're not a regular raider, it pretty much just lets you do anything whenever.

I've been preaching about it to anyone who will listen for awhile. It's a fantastic add-on.

It's still PvP focused, which can be interesting when trying to do brand new world bosses due to the players y'get, but I've had several successful PvE raids and Xmog runs with it.

It's easily the best thing ever for world bosses.

The only thing I want now, though, is to be able to raid Stormwind. It sends you back to your home server in Orgrimmar and Stormwind :(.

SteveWD40

It is my firm belief WoW will be played by the last humans when the sun dies.

I mean, they sit at 7M+ subs now in a market that can't support subs, they pump out less content than say GW2 and they charge for the real xpacs. They have a number in mind, a sub level that is a cut off point, once they hit that: f2p / b2p and low and behold, they have 10M users again all paying micro transactions for cosmetics.

Most people I know who quit WoW would dabble in it if it wasn't for the sub, something physiological about it that makes people either play it exclusively or not at all.

RPGCrazied

What's the best pally set out there for transmog? Mine is only level 54, so I have ways to go, but just wondering. I have a full heirloom set on him with heirloom weapon, so I'm flying through levels.

Skab

What's the best pally set out there for transmog? Mine is only level 54, so I have ways to go, but just wondering. I have a full heirloom set on him with heirloom weapon, so I'm flying through levels.

Judgement set.

tier-2-paladin.jpg

I miss the old set designs. :[

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Everyone should know the best paladin set is that PVP set from Cataclysm with the little wing on the shoulder and that badass looking helm. Cataclysmic something... forgot the name. It's what i use as my DPS transmog set.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can you even get old pvp season sets? I always thought they were gone when a new season hits.
They're available on the PvP vendors in SW/Org. Unfortunately, S10 it never got around to being purchasable with Badges of Justice the way a lot of WLK sets were.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can you still get it? Does it take valor or honor?

You can get all of them still and they cost honor. The TBC sets were removed at one point, but now are sold for honor on a vendor in Area 52 in Netherstorm.

You can't use the pre-TBC PvP sets for transmog becuase Blizzard flagged them as untransmoggable for people who don't have Vanilla era PvP titles.

RPGCrazied

You can get all of them still and they cost honor. The TBC sets were removed at one point, but now are sold for honor on a vendor in Area 52 in Netherstorm.

You can't use the pre-TBC PvP sets for transmog becuase Blizzard flagged them as untransmoggable for people who don't have Vanilla era PvP titles.

Cool, I'll go for the one you showed, but queing for BG's at my level take ages. Like an hour to wait for one match. Guess nobody PVP's at earlier levels.

Magnus

I should consider myself real lucky I guess, that I have 15/20 Secrets after just two and a half LFR runs. I'm hoping with six bosses to go this week that I can get close to 20 and be into the dreaded Runestone phase next week.

How many of those will I need? lol

cdyhybrid

I should consider myself real lucky I guess, that I have 15/20 Secrets after just two and a half LFR runs. I'm hoping with six bosses to go this week that I can get close to 20 and be into the dreaded Runestone phase next week.

How many of those will I need? lol

Also, I hate you.

Angry Grimace

Cool, I'll go for the one you showed, but queing for BG's at my level take ages. Like an hour to wait for one match. Guess nobody PVP's at earlier levels.
A lot of people do. At max level the best option is to get JP from heroics and then convert to Honor, but since you're only at level 58, it would take a pretty long time. Honestly, most transmog sets are pretty inaccessible outside max level.

Loxley

At least we got something for grinding out those horrible titles.

Of all my titles on my Paladin of eight years, I really only ever wear my Knight-Lieutenant title over my head simply because you can't get it anymore - which I take some sort of lame pride in :) I still enjoy seeing Grand Marshals once in a blue moon, reminds me just how awful that whole ranking system was. Oh, the horror stories I heard about people trying to reach rank 14, what a mess.

Angry Grimace

Of all my titles on my Paladin of eight years, I really only ever wear my Knight-Lieutenant title over my head simply because you can't get it anymore - which I take some sort of lame pride in :) I still enjoy seeing Grand Marshals once in a blue moon, reminds me just how awful that whole ranking system was. Oh, the horror stories I heard about people trying to reach rank 14, what a mess.

You can still get it unless they took them out again after Cataclysm (which I wouldn't remember because lolpvp, or heck, maybe it never went in?); they converted them to RBG titles.

Loxley

You can still get it unless they took them out again after Cataclysm (which I wouldn't remember because lolpvp, or heck, maybe it never went in?); they converted them to RBG titles.

Man I'm really behind the times with a lot of this stuff. Suppose that's the result of my very erratic play-schedule over the last few years. I think the last time I actually sat down and analyzed patch notes was at the tale-end of WotLK.

Windam

Scaley member
So uh.. What do Justice Points do? Now I'm level 82 and running through random dungeons gives me them, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. :x And leveling feels like it's getting tedious. :(

Tamanon

Banned
So uh.. What do Justice Points do? Now I'm level 82 and running through random dungeons gives me them, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with them. :x And leveling feels like it's getting tedious. :(

At level 90 you'll be able to buy gear with it, great gear for a fresh 90 after 5.4 hits. Can also buy old transmog stuff in Shattrath/Dalaran.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
At level 90 you'll be able to buy gear with it, great gear for a fresh 90 after 5.4 hits. Can also buy old transmog stuff in Shattrath/Dalaran.

And heirlooms, don't forget heirlooms! Before 5.4, it was the only reason i ever used my justice points. I've been at 4000 for a while now.

Seeing the new trinkets for casters, they still dont make a transform trinket for casters do they?

meeles can transform into a Zandalari with the ToT trinket and they were a random northrend creature in wotlk.

for 90's, 463 ilvl gear for Mogu vault lfr part.

Windam

Scaley member

And heirlooms, don't forget heirlooms! Before 5.4, it was the only reason i ever used my justice points. I've been at 4000 for a while now.

Hm so I'm basically stuck waiting until level 90 for all this cool stuff? Bah! :(

Ultratech

Some of those new trinkets are crazy.

Having this Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal on my DK would be amazing.
(Granted, 2% Life Steal sounds kinda meh, but it apparently scales with Vengeance and procs from all damage you deal.)

Can you even get old pvp season sets? I always thought they were gone when a new season hits.

Some are still available.

Area 52 still has most of the old Vanilla (w/appropriate Rank) and BC sets.

Dalaran has some PvP gear vendors both in the city and down below in the sewers.

Angry Grimace

Some of those new trinkets are crazy.

Having this Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal on my DK would be amazing.
(Granted, 2% Life Steal sounds kinda meh, but it apparently scales with Vengeance and procs from all damage you deal.)

Some are still available.

Area 52 still has most of the old Vanilla (w/appropriate Rank) and BC sets.

Dalaran has some PvP gear vendors both in the city and down below in the sewers.
I don't think any of them are unavailable after they added in S1-3.

Ultratech

I don't think any of them are unavailable after they added in S1-3.

Pretty sure some of the later sets like the Bloodthirsty and Glorious sets from S9 you can't get anymore.

And some of the other pieces to some sets only drop off certain bosses (like from Vault).

And of course, you can't get Elite gear after the season ends.

I guess it depends on what you're after though.

Serra

Last monday I finally decided to come back to WoW. I last played at the launch of WotLK but quit soon after getting to 85.

Anyway I tried to merge the WoW account into my fancy new battle.net account but it said the account had already been merged with another battle.net account.

Weird. Maybe the WoW account got hacked?

Well anyway I made a ticket and got a reply in like 3 hours which is great and the GM said he had linked my WoW account with this battle.net account based on the evidence I gave him (keys etc). That was easy!

Too easy. I couldn't see the WoW account anywhere on my battle.net profile, it still said no WoW account linked. I tried merging again but still it said it was linked to another account. I of course replied to the ticket saying it didnt work and I still have a problem.

Its now been 5 days with no response. Kinda frustrating since I was hyped to play :)

Heres to hoping they can resolve this before I lose interest in WoW again.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
A while ago I made a post about the effects of War Paint (Shirt) NOT GOOD FOR THE LADIES (NYI) for female characters. The effects of that can only be viewed in the dressing room and thus you don't get that good look at it. However, I saw a recent post at Ownedcore (won't link) mentioning that you can use a simple macro to achieve similar results.

Use the following macro (you can also just write it in a chat box):

Code:
/click TabardFrameCustomization2RightButton

Make sure that you don't have any shirts, tabards or chest armor on or else you won't see the results. You should be seeing something like this (blurred for safety, click for original image):

It doesn't work for gnomes for whatever reason. Male characters I've only tested on dwarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom