• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
i saw the goblin.

tumblr_mg18nauJbY1r1wdslo1_500.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Feel pretty good about my situational awareness. Soloed the last boss of Heroic Crypt of Forgotten Kings from 80% down with my warlock. Both my guildies ate it in the first two Deathforces for some reason. Took until the 5th one until I remembered about my Demonic Circle which made it even easier, lol.

vocab

anyone know of any good unit frames? Tried out pitbull with cath ui. Seems fine, but the lack of information of telling me if its an elite or rare, and tagged or not tagged is very problematic. Plus ui errors galore I'm trashing it tonight.

Entropia

No One Remembers
anyone know of any good unit frames? Tried out pitbull with cath ui. Seems fine, but the lack of information of telling me if its an elite or rare, and tagged or not tagged is very problematic. Plus ui errors galore I'm trashing it tonight.

I've been using Xperl since forever.

Jedi2016

Shadowed Unit Frames here. Used Xperl until it got all buggy a couple expansions back. I assume they fixed it, but I've stuck with SUF ever since. And yes, it can tag mobs Elite, Rare, Boss, etc, and tagged mobs have gray health bars.

Tacitus_

Shadowed Unit Frames here. Used Xperl until it got all buggy a couple expansions back. I assume they fixed it, but I've stuck with SUF ever since. And yes, it can tag mobs Elite, Rare, Boss, etc, and tagged mobs have gray health bars.

I'm using SUF as well. It's pretty nice.

CassSept

Pitbull is great though you probably need some time to customise it for your needs.

After going through
the T1 LFR content for the first time, I have 10 sigils. Am I insanely lucky or is the cockblock ToT?

5.2 majorly increased drop rate for 5.0 q items. Same will happen with 5.2 items in 5.4.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Dinged 90 on my Hunter earlier this week and I've been loving it.

I'm sure in 2 weeks I'll want to play another one of my alts instead.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
The default unit frames.

Geezus..krist... no..

I remember doing one of the world bosses and the tank kept asking how to see raid frames because he was using default ui. We laughed him right out of the raid.

Xperl for life.

Geezus..krist... no..

I remember doing one of the world bosses and the tank kept asking how to see raid frames because he was using default ui. We laughed him right out of the raid.

Xperl for life.

Blizzard has improved the default UI substantially. The tank in question could have just as easily asked the same question if he was using Xperl or any other UI addon.

I used to use plenty of addons - including Xperl - but I find them too distracting and prone to error. And frankly they don't provide that much added functionality or convenience over the default UI (at least right now - it used to be a different story). Blizzard has generally taken features of popular addons - Quest Helper, DBM, etc - and incorporated it into their own UI. It's become quite good.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Blizzard has improved the default UI substantially. The tank in question could have just as easily asked the same question if he was using Xperl or any other UI addon.

I used to use plenty of addons - including Xperl - but I find them too distracting and prone to error. And frankly they don't provide that much added functionality or convenience over the default UI (at least right now - it used to be a different story). Blizzard has generally taken features of popular addons - Quest Helper, DBM, etc - and incorporated it into their own UI. It's become quite good.

It comes down to information displayed, customization, and frankly style. The post above about realui is a great example. You just can't do placement, sizing, or bar/frame styles like that with the default ui. And you can't have fun with setting up health/mana bars as something other than bars. Or only having certain bars appear at certain times.

I've been playing since vanilla so I totally get how far Blizz's UI has come.. but I think if you take any pvp or raiding seriously you eventually have to delve into custom ui/bars to really get the best performance for your character. I really wish something like jim's cooldown pulse was default.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I see some talk about UI, and I know some people might be jumping back in for 5.4, so I wanted to throw out a little recommendation if you want to try something else, or start fresh.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info16068-RealUI.html

RealUI is amazing. Pretty much installs and configures itself. Very minimal. Takes a bit to get used to, but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Going to try this out on my laptop and see how it goes ... I'm typically not a fan of UI compliations.

Kenai

It comes down to information displayed, customization, and frankly style. The post above about realui is a great example. You just can't do placement, sizing, or bar/frame styles like that with the default ui. And you can't have fun with setting up health/mana bars as something other than bars. Or only having certain bars appear at certain times.

I've been playing since vanilla so I totally get how far Blizz's UI has come.. but I think if you take any pvp or raiding seriously you eventually have to delve into custom ui/bars to really get the best performance for your character. I really wish something like jim's cooldown pulse was default.

I only use Bartender and the default UI and it suits me well. My guild isn't completely through HMs but my UI isn't the reason why, honest. :p Although I did start up Weakauras again since it's hard for me to keep track of the LMG proc sometimes when healing.

zerosum

Going to try this out on my laptop and see how it goes ... I'm typically not a fan of UI compliations.

That might be the best part about it. It doesn't even feel like a compilation. Sure, it uses some common addons, along with his his own work, but he's modified and integrated everything so well that it doesn't feel like a bunch of random crap thrown together.

Just replace your interface folder, and you're good to go.

Raiding, probably. But if you're serious about PvP you probably don't use any addons, except for maybe Gladius in arena (unless you're really good at looking for visual cues/using ingame timer).

It mostly comes down to what you are used to, I guess. I don't like being dependent on addons because they don't always work the way they're intended to work.

Entropia

No One Remembers
That might be the best part about it. It doesn't even feel like a compilation. Sure, it uses some common addons, along with his his own work, but he's modified and integrated everything so well that it doesn't feel like a bunch of random crap thrown together.

Just replace your interface folder, and you're good to go.

Liked what I got to play with tonight, aside from just getting used to it. When I am back at my place tomorrow I'll try it out on my desktop.

vocab

I see some talk about UI, and I know some people might be jumping back in for 5.4, so I wanted to throw out a little recommendation if you want to try something else, or start fresh.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info16068-RealUI.html

RealUI is amazing. Pretty much installs and configures itself. Very minimal. Takes a bit to get used to, but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Hate the life bars.

I'm now 527 ilvl with another successful tot clear. Did H Jinrok/Ji kun too. No feather though :(

Well today is my last day of wow sub, feeling a urge to play with all my alts and plant some random things on my main farm.

My sub is set to end in a few days and while I figured I'd restart immediately for SoO with the new job I just started I'm actually thinking of waiting a little bit since I'm finding no urge to hop on after work the limited time I have now between getting home and needing to get some sleep. We'll see. Odds are I'll keep it going but just really cut down on the total time I play.

On that note I got on tonight to do my usual Uldum lap and Strat set of five runs but I also decided to try a bit more for a Primal Egg. I got 1,000 bones the some nights back in my attempt putting me at 7,000 total and I finally got one tonight and now have 8,250 bones. That raptor will be mine really soon. And this egg better give me the red raptor so that's all done and I just have to worry about getting the 9,999 total!

Ultratech

My sub is set to end in a few days and while I figured I'd restart immediately for SoO with the new job I just started I'm actually thinking of waiting a little bit since I'm finding no urge to hop on after work the limited time I have now between getting home and needing to get some sleep. We'll see. Odds are I'll keep it going but just really cut down on the total time I play.

On that note I got on tonight to do my usual Uldum lap and Strat set of five runs but I also decided to try a bit more for a Primal Egg. I got 1,000 bones the some nights back in my attempt putting me at 7,000 total and I finally got one tonight and now have 8,250 bones. That raptor will be mine really soon. And this egg better give me the red raptor so that's all done and I just have to worry about getting the 9,999 total!

Yeah, now that I've got my Hunter pretty well geared and got his cloak, I haven't been doing much on him.

Been trying to start up the Argent Daily quests again, so I can get all the mounts from there. I figure it might take a while, but I've got nothing else to go after really.

Did some Dino farming last night with an Enhance Shaman and got a bunch of bones and we each got a Primal Egg. Only farmed for about an hour, but got several hundred bones so it wasn't too bad.

Oh my.

Hype levels increasing.

Touch

15/20 Secrets. I'm estimating I'll get my cloak 3-4 weeks into 5.4 :/ Really should have started this sooner. or rather kept at it and not procrastinate.

Touch

Well on a bright note I just finished my Cloud Serpent rep! Golden Serpent so good. Been sitting on the Shado Pan serpent for a while.

Windam

Scaley member
Are the guild reward items that boost exp gains worth it? I've already bought the helmet and pants. Thinking of getting the cape with the measly 1750 gold I have. Gank me if I'm stupid. (I'm level 83, btw.)

kirblar

Are the guild reward items that boost exp gains worth it? I've already bought the helmet and pants. Thinking of getting the cape with the measly 1750 gold I have. Gank me if I'm stupid. (I'm level 83, btw.)
At 83? If you're planning to give them to an alt later, then yes. Not if you can't re-use them though. At 85 you can immediately buy a new set of green gear from vendors when you hit Pandaria.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I got the same feelings when I fought in
Dalaran, fuck you Jaina you made me kill the elf npc that gave me my weekly quests from WOTLK.
I recognized those npcs for a long time. I hope the snakes troll will recover his snakes.

Like Krblar said, if you are going to use them to another char then yes, buy it, Heirlooms stop giving you extra exp at 85.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
15/20 Secrets. I'm estimating I'll get my cloak 3-4 weeks into 5.4 :/ Really should have started this sooner. or rather kept at it and not procrastinate.

I'm on 4/20 Secrets :negative:

vocab

The heirloom gear is meant for leveling. You are about to hit panda content so it's pretty much a waste. Save your money for panda flying.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I got the same feelings when I fought in
Dalaran, fuck you Jaina you made me kill the elf npc that gave me my weekly quests from WOTLK.
I recognized those npcs for a long time. I hope the snakes troll will recover his snakes.

Killing Nazgrim is going to be very sad. For Honor, for the horde

Tacitus_

Woot woot, Dark Animus HC down, 11/13 HC

iIjV40H.jpg

i41ZTER.jpg

Locking our instance ID so next week we'll have to kill only two bosses and after that we can spend the rest of the week training Lei Shen HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom