• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just got mount #190: Rivendare's Deathcharger. And with that I'm completely done with dungeon drop mounts. Still have dungeon meta achievements for both Cata and Pandaria as well as some raid mounts still. But it's sort of nice to be done with the dungeon stuff.

There was an X-51 Rocket in the BMAH and I was able to check the time right when it went to Short time left but when I went back hoping to snipe it a few of the main guys on my server were there and the price jumped from 55k to 130k and I couldn't afford it. Dang.

Oh, and someone in trade was offering all the Blizzard Store mounts for 25k each. Told him I was interested and he said he'd give me a code to enter into my Battle.net account. I looked him up and the last activity on the account was from a year-and-a-half earlier so I figured he was either hacked in some way or as someone in my guild mentioned, could be using a stolen credit card in some way. So instead I just flagged him for cheating and figure Blizzard can look into it on their end to see what's going on. But man...those mounts for 25k gold was really tempting but I don't know enough about the risk of putting in those codes and how they can be associated to bad behavior.

SteveWD40

Although nowhere near that level, while levelling my Monk I have found them to be crazy powerful for solo stuff. No down time at all, heals that also do damage, really high burst when you time things right, lots of mitigation cool downs, no mana issues (WW)...

It's like they were built to solo content.

Tacitus_

Although nowhere near that level, while levelling my Monk I have found them to be crazy powerful for solo stuff. No down time at all, heals that also do damage, really high burst when you time things right, lots of mitigation cool downs, no mana issues (WW)...

Every class is pretty powerful soloer these days. Not like the days of old when most classes didn't have self heals and mobs had hour long (HOUR LONG) dots that interrupted bandaging.

scoobs

Sounds like you should try a death knight. Literally built for soloing.

SteveWD40

Sounds like you should try a death knight. Literally built for soloing.

I played one back in TBC, it seems the same stands now that Blood DK's are the solo gods, followed by BM Monks (recently) and then it seems to be Hunters, but it was Prot / Ret Paladins way back.

I wonder if the hero class is now a dead idea to Blizzard, since Monks were not one?

strafer

This is what it should look like. This is not official btw.

darkerNights2.jpg

darkerNights.jpg

Tacitus_

I played one back in TBC, it seems the same stands now that Blood DK's are the solo gods, followed by BM Monks (recently) and then it seems to be Hunters, but it was Prot / Ret Paladins way back.

I wonder if the hero class is now a dead idea to Blizzard, since Monks were not one?

Suuuure you did.

This is what it should look like. This is not official btw.

Too dark. This is what nights looked like in TBC:

I've always wanted to give this game a try and I just discovered there is a free to play trial so I went ahead and downloaded it......I've had fun so far but I'm the newest of the new. I've only dabbled in MMOs before.

I've been looking over the net for beginner guides or advice, does GAF have any recommendations?

Also, I stuck some gloves onto that bottom bar where my spells are and I can't remove them (Archer gloves or something)) when I click on them it says I cant use them and I'd just like to at least put them back in my backpack, could someone illuminate me as to this grand puzzle? :)

strafer

I've always wanted to give this game a try and I just discovered there is a free to play trial so I went ahead and downloaded it......I've had fun so far but I'm the newest of the new. I've only dabbled in MMOs before.

I've been looking over the net for beginner guides or advice, does GAF have any recommendations?

Also, I stuck some gloves onto that bottom bar where my spells are and I can't remove them (Archer gloves or something)) when I click on them it says I cant use them and I'd just like to at least put them back in my backpack, could someone illuminate me as to this grand puzzle? :)

The official site has a very good guide. Or you can ask GAF. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/guide/ or http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/guides/newbie

Check so that you don't have your action bar locked.

Try holding down, SHIT, ALT or CTRL and drag the spell away.

Fjordson

Welcome!

And yeah, try holding down shift and then clicking and dragging them off your bar.

Touch

Man some people must have rare spawns on timers or something. I was camping Sulik for quite a while and I was off my guard for one second then out of nowhere a pally flies down RIGHT when he spawns and tags him. I almost killed the pally till his friend showed up and ele sham one shot me. Sad times :(

mclem

One thing worth explaining: You haven't actually moved them from your backpack onto your action bar; they're still in your backpack. It's common for items to have an on-use effect, triggered by clicking the item, and what you did there was to move that action onto the quick launch bar.

If the item in question is a piece of armour which is not equipped, there's an inherent click effect to attempt to equip it, which is what you saw when you tried hitting it.

Pollux

Can I still get earlier tiers of armor? Like tier 9 or 10?

Also, if I'm just coming back, what's the best way to increase my item lvl? Just do the pandaria content?

CassSept

Can I still get earlier tiers of armor? Like tier 9 or 10?

Also, if I'm just coming back, what's the best way to increase my item lvl? Just do the pandaria content?

You can get most of the old sets. Off the top of my head, the ones that were removed include first and foremost Dungeon Sets 1 & 2, Zul'Gurub sets, Tier 3 and heroic Tier 9 (same coloring as other T9 sets though).

Pollux

You can get most of the old sets. Off the top of my head, the ones that were removed include first and foremost Dungeon Sets 1 & 2, Zul'Gurub sets, Tier 3 and heroic Tier 9 (same coloring as other T9 sets though).
And I get those from running raids? I figure if I. Just getting back to WoW and having never raided before, this might be a nice way to get the mechanics and stuff down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And I get those from running raids? I figure if I. Just getting back to WoW and having never raided before, this might be a nice way to get the mechanics and stuff down.

Mind you, old raids mechanics can be easily ignored since they barely hurt you. (At least, classic, BC and some early WOTLK raids.)

And just got mount #190: Rivendare's Deathcharger. And with that I'm completely done with dungeon drop mounts. Still have dungeon meta achievements for both Cata and Pandaria as well as some raid mounts still. But it's sort of nice to be done with the dungeon stuff.

There was an X-51 Rocket in the BMAH and I was able to check the time right when it went to Short time left but when I went back hoping to snipe it a few of the main guys on my server were there and the price jumped from 55k to 130k and I couldn't afford it. Dang.

Oh, and someone in trade was offering all the Blizzard Store mounts for 25k each. Told him I was interested and he said he'd give me a code to enter into my Battle.net account. I looked him up and the last activity on the account was from a year-and-a-half earlier so I figured he was either hacked in some way or as someone in my guild mentioned, could be using a stolen credit card in some way. So instead I just flagged him for cheating and figure Blizzard can look into it on their end to see what's going on. But man...those mounts for 25k gold was really tempting but I don't know enough about the risk of putting in those codes and how they can be associated to bad behavior.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm seriously hating you for Rivendare. I've done that guy 300+ times and never gotten it. I stopped playing at that point. IT BROKE ME. lol

But congrats. :) Wish I had your luck.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm seriously hating you for Rivendare. I've done that guy 300+ times and never gotten it. I stopped playing at that point. IT BROKE ME. lol

But congrats. :) Wish I had your luck.

I brought my girlfriend lunch on her break today since she worked and I had the holiday off and while there in the break room I was talking to a coworker of hers about getting Rivendare since we talk about WoW each time I go in and he's following my climb to 200 mounts. My girlfriend hasn't played since near the beginning of the year but she's played over the years and I forgot she's talked about trying to get that mount, one of the only ones she's actually cared to try for. So when I was turned from her telling her coworker I heard her gasp and say, "Excuse me!?" She was also quite pissed at me for getting it since it sounds like she's done at least a hundred or two runs trying to get it.

Rivendare seems like the one most people never get despite grinding it out. Both the Cata drakes took me many more runs in comparison.

Slightly considering going back to an old character that maxed level during Wrath or Cata and simply using them to drop a profession and pick up engineering to get the two flying machines. I think a couple of the old characters have thousands of gold sitting on them so they'd be able to buy their way through some of the leveling to get high enough to make the two mounts. It's either that or finally start considering putting time into an alt to get other crafting professions on the same server. I just don't think I have that in me, especially with how I really only will play on the weekends since after work WoW-time isn't appealing.

mclem

The running joke in recent months in my guild has been my persistent lack of fortune when it comes to getting a Brawler's invite to drop off Pandaria rares. Most people seem to get one in around 10-15 rare kills. I'm hovering around 100.

I can't complain about the RNG, I've had about five thunderforged items from normal 10-man raids, so some of it's been in my favour, but still...

Pollux

Mind you, old raids mechanics can be easily ignored since they barely hurt you. (At least, classic, BC and some early WOTLK raids.)
My item level is 358, so could I solo BC and Wrath raids/dungeons to get the different earlier tiers?

I brought my girlfriend lunch on her break today since she worked and I had the holiday off and while there in the break room I was talking to a coworker of hers about getting Rivendare since we talk about WoW each time I go in and he's following my climb to 200 mounts. My girlfriend hasn't played since near the beginning of the year but she's played over the years and I forgot she's talked about trying to get that mount, one of the only ones she's actually cared to try for. So when I was turned from her telling her coworker I heard her gasp and say, "Excuse me!?" She was also quite pissed at me for getting it since it sounds like she's done at least a hundred or two runs trying to get it.

Rivendare seems like the one most people never get despite grinding it out. Both the Cata drakes took me many more runs in comparison.

Slightly considering going back to an old character that maxed level during Wrath or Cata and simply using them to drop a profession and pick up engineering to get the two flying machines. I think a couple of the old characters have thousands of gold sitting on them so they'd be able to buy their way through some of the leveling to get high enough to make the two mounts. It's either that or finally start considering putting time into an alt to get other crafting professions on the same server. I just don't think I have that in me, especially with how I really only will play on the weekends since after work WoW-time isn't appealing.

I'm going to come back to try the new raid, but I'm not sure how I feel about WoW ATM. My guild is playing FFXIV, something I won't play without my wife (she has no interest), and I'm trying to actually knock down my backlog on consoles. At this point I'd go back to Wow to try and grind out mounts, like the drakes, and rivendare. I just don't know if I can grind Rivendare again. At this point I'd sub for another year straight if I could just get it to drop but after 300+ between different characters, I just can't do it.

Rivendare and shadowmourne are the only things I really want to accomplish now and neither one of them seems remotely doable anymore. My sub runs out on the 21st. I need to figure out if I want to even bother.

Ultratech

You can still get those some of those sets through other methods though;

Dungeon Set 1/2: Buy from Darkmoon Faire with tickets; some gear pieces have alternative drops or have the same model.

ZG Sets: Random greens from Troll mobs on Isle of Thunder.
(You can't get all of 'em though, but there's 2 Plate sets and a Cloth set.)

T3 Gear: Bought off the Black Market. Hope you have money...

vocab

I'm going to come back to try the new raid, but I'm not sure how I feel about WoW ATM. My guild is playing FFXIV, something I won't play without my wife (she has no interest), and I'm trying to actually knock down my backlog on consoles. At this point I'd go back to Wow to try and grind out mounts, like the drakes, and rivendare. I just don't know if I can grind Rivendare again. At this point I'd sub for another year straight if I could just get it to drop but after 300+ between different characters, I just can't do it.

Rivendare and shadowmourne are the only things I really want to accomplish now and neither one of them seems remotely doable anymore. My sub runs out on the 21st. I need to figure out if I want to even bother.

Rivendare is waste of time. I did baron when it was current content and never seen it drop. They raised the drop rate and have done it one 3 characters while leveling since I came back, and it still didn't drop. It's not even worth going for mounts like this because they will never drop when you want it. One of the times I quit wow was during the halloween event was out. Never got headless horseman mount, and never got the pumpkin pet my self after I passed it to 3 friends in a row. I did it 50-100 times. I no longer care about going for loot. If it drops it drops, but after not getting feather trinket from Ji Kun after killing it 4-5 times on normal, 1 on heroic and 10-12 times in LFR, I just learned to accept it and I'm much happier.

Shadowmourne is very doable. It just takes some work, and some friends to put up with the infusions. I need 30 more shards. Can't wait.

Neverfade

I'm about 60% through 82 and I have three days off this week. How much of a dark spiral would I have to subjugate myself to to get the feat of strength related to the stuff thats changing in 5.4 next week? Something to do with the Golden Lotus, yes? I admittedly don't know much about it. Is it even possible this late?

kirblar

I'm about 60% through 82 and I have three days off this week. How much of a dark spiral would I have to subjugate myself to to get the feat of strength related to the stuff thats changing in 5.4 next week? Something to do with the Golden Lotus, yes? I admittedly don't know much about it. Is it even possible this late?
You're too late. I'm going to barely hit it - it's about 2 weeks of grinding. Just get to 85 and enjoy the zone before Garrosh blows it to hell.

vocab

there's no way unless you hit 90 in a day. Barrens event maybe, golden lotus? no way unless you have a 24/7 warbring/warscout farm group.

You're too late. I'm going to barely hit it - it's about 2 weeks of grinding. Just get to 85 and enjoy the zone before Garrosh blows it to hell.

What is the feat of strength? Been toying with the idea of starting up WOW again. Something to play around with till Hearthstone comes out.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm feeling lucky today, already farmed 3 pieces of the T4 set for my Warrior in only 90 minutes. Maghteridon dropped 3 T4 chests. :)

Okay, so I accidentally joined a guild because the invite popped up while I was about to be attacked and it wouldn't go away....anyhow....how do I leave the guild?
All I see now are 20-somethings chatting away in the corner box and I have no idea what else changed.

Okay, so I accidentally joined a guild because the invite popped up while I was about to be attacked and it wouldn't go away....anyhow....how do I leave the guild?
All I see now are 20-somethings chatting away in the corner box and I have no idea what else changed.
/gquit

Type that in and you're out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom