• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Hmm. It was unchecked in the new battle.net app. But its all checked now. Now it just says "waiting on another installation or update". ?

It will patch D3/SC2 first if you have those installed and not patched to the current version. Should start prefetching after that.

RPGCrazied

Does the battle.net app not work during maintenance? Login I mean. Never used the app before.

You can connect, just not to the battle.net service. Picture for reference.

app.jpg

Jag

It will patch D3/SC2 first if you have those installed and not patched to the current version. Should start prefetching after that.

Well crap. That's why the download has been taking so long. Never patched up D3 or S2, but have them both installed. Couldn't figure out why the downloader never stops.

Bizazedo

The running joke in recent months in my guild has been my persistent lack of fortune when it comes to getting a Brawler's invite to drop off Pandaria rares. Most people seem to get one in around 10-15 rare kills. I'm hovering around 100.

I can't complain about the RNG, I've had about five thunderforged items from normal 10-man raids, so some of it's been in my favour, but still...

I think I'd have broken down and gotten the item off BMAH at that point. It can't be more than a few thousand at this point, right?

They seemed to have added it to the drop table of a lot of rares, not just the "PvP" ones too? Also, I was hanging around the BMAH and saw an elite NPC start running around screaming about how he finally got a Brawler's Guild invite. Something Willy and he was attackable. I'd bet he drops it 100% of the time.

Rivendare and shadowmourne are the only things I really want to accomplish now and neither one of them seems remotely doable anymore. My sub runs out on the 21st. I need to figure out if I want to even bother.

Is it even possible to do ICC w/o healers? That one where you have to heal the green dragon seems like an enormous block.

You're too late. I'm going to barely hit it - it's about 2 weeks of grinding. Just get to 85 and enjoy the zone before Garrosh blows it to hell.

Yeah, he's screwed. Only way I can think of would be to farm Warbringers / Warscouts like a madman and get all the +rep tokens. Even then, though, without the +rep boost from the item at revered it's...unlikely at best.

I love those tokens and the +rep for all characters once one hits revered, though. My level33 Monk hit exalted with Shado-Pan, Golden Lotus, and Klaxxi within seconds of each other via hoarding them things. Got a few ??? in guildchat from it.

Unless they've changed the mats they'll cost 30 Living Steel and 30 of some engineer crafted item that costs 10 ghost iron and can be made once a day.

Where do the schematic(s) for the crafted item and the Golem fall off of, have they said yet?

I've got 60 living steel bars just waiting....

Jag

I think all the new Eng recipes will be in a single drop off a random Panda mob. Typically the drop rate is pretty fast.

As far as Brawler invites, I bought one for around 200g off the regular AH. Have you checked yours?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think I'd have broken down and gotten the item off BMAH at that point. It can't be more than a few thousand at this point, right?

Bought mine from the BMAH for 1000 gold the other day.

Got myself some nice heirloom claws at rank 8. :) Wasn't too hard, but i don't feel like making it to rank 10 for the mount. Is that the only thing worth getting a higher rank for?

Tacitus_

Bought mine from the BMAH for 1000 gold the other day.

Got myself some nice heirloom claws at rank 8. :) Wasn't too hard, but i don't feel like making it to rank 10 for the mount. Is that the only thing worth getting a higher rank for?

You get a title and some badass shirts.
Note: getting the best shirt needs you to have a team of max lvl pokemon, fishing and archaeology.

Bizazedo

Note: getting the best shirt needs you to have a team of max lvl pokemon, fishing and archaeology.

Wait...I have these things.....

What shirt?

As an aside, I've been leveling an alt from 30 to 44 so far solely with PvP Pet battles (and random quest completions like 10 PvP battle / the Darkwind Faire trainer etc).

Addicting as hell. Direhorn Runt can kiss my ass, though.

Oh so satisfying to finish someone off with 'Lil Ragnaros screaming "By fire be purged!" in the high pitched voice, though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I already got a Brawler title, there's another one?

And shirts? Meh, what's the point when you can't even see them because they're hidden under your chest armor...

Tacitus_

I already got a Brawler title, there's another one?

And shirts? Meh, what's the point when you can't even see them because they're hidden under your chest armor...

Only the Brawler title. And the shirts give you a buff, like Precious's Ribbon does with some flavor text on it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I re-watched some of the previous Expansion announcement and Patch Trailers... feeling hyped for Blizzcon.

I also binged far too much on WOW this weekend, I did LFRs for MSV, HoF, and TOES(twice) on my Hunter trying to get him geared up for no real reason. The server he's on (Muradin) is absolute garbage.

Touchdown

Banned
I re-watched some of the previous Expansion announcement and Patch Trailers... feeling hyped for Blizzcon.

I also binged far too much on WOW this weekend, I did LFRs for MSV, HoF, and TOES(twice) on my Hunter trying to get him geared up for no real reason. The server he's on (Muradin) is absolute garbage.

My WoW schedule is gonna be packed!!

Gonna be leading our regular guild raid, guild flex raid, still working on challenge modes 2 nights a week , trying to get silvers then we're gonna work on golds. Plus keeping track of various guild activities and chat. I just hope I don't get burned out too fast this expansion. :/

Bizazedo

I binged too much, too. I slaughtered probably 15 Warbringers solo on Sunday + however many Warscouts solo, so it wasn't quick, farmed the Barrens one last time to be ready to use the VP Buff today (although Tacitus has shown I need to go back and guard Caravans apparently this week), ran Black Temple, Stonecore 10 times or so, Archaelogy'd up a twink axe from Vrykul for my alt, won 30 pvp Pet Battles (I was not undefeated), and failed repeatedly to get a rare Nexus Whelpling (accidentally killing the one that did pop up).

So much so that yesterday only did a few 5 mans for VP-lazy guildmates and alts and just kinda hung out otherwise.

Binging really kills ya.

strafer

its gonna be great

kirblar

At least, its not gonna be about lolkungfupandas this time. The trailer gonna be epix with demons, nagas and shit!!!1.

Please don't kill me
The world-building in this x-pack is actually phenomenal because they were able to create something cohesive, rather than a collection of dissonant zones.

CassSept

It's sort of shameful but I tend to do it once in a while >.>

Maybe not all announcement though, I usually skip around (e.g. TBC announcement trailer is boring, Cata is too long too). Still, I know WotLK announcement by heart.

So, yeah.

I've finally completed an entire tier of normal content when it was current. This is my first time.

Lei-Shen is a joke, especially on 10s. 25 is only difficult because there are too many people who can screw it up by not paying attention.

Bring on SoO.

Touch

Well just got my last Secret off of Lei Shen. Still need to get 40 Trillium Bar and Exalted with The Black Prince. I'm half there on the rep grind. So how long does the nest part take on average?

vocab

So, yeah.

I've finally completed an entire tier of normal content when it was current. This is my first time.

Lei-Shen is a joke, especially on 10s. 25 is only difficult because there are too many people who can screw it up by not paying attention.

Bring on SoO.

25H lei shen is brutal.

GOT MY CLOAK WOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom