• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Well just got my last Secret off of Lei Shen. Still need to get 40 Trillium Bar and Exalted with The Black Prince. I'm half there on the rep grind. So how long does the nest part take on average?

Right now? Several weeks at best.
(Put it this way: If you're getting more than one a week, you're doing great.)

But the Runestones are supposed to drop off the first half of bosses in SoO, IIRC, so that might help a bit when that comes along.

GOT MY CLOAK WOOO

Congrats!

Jag

Guys what is a good/ok money making profession?

Gathering typically with mining first then a toss up between herbing and skinning. Skinning only because it is a pain in the ass so less people do it.

For crafting I like Alch because you have a decent amount of xmutes that you can make easy money with. With Transmute Mastery I got a x5 proc yesterday of Trillium ore from 10 Ghost Iron. 50g of material turned into 275g. Inscription inks sell well too.

If you are going for big bucks then gear crafting (BS/Tailor/LW) will get you biggest bang BUT they are usually gated in some way either with rep requirements, soulbound mats or raid related. Eng pets and mounts sell ok since they went account wide too.

Check out the Econ blogs for ideas on what is selling as well:

https://theunderminejournal.com/

http://stormspire.net/forum.php

Westlo

Just go Jewelcrafting & Transmute spec Alch, easy money maker especially after resets and even more so after new patches. Like an easy 10k a day if lucky and 20k after patches

Varies by server of course...

Pandarian Garnet - 2g
Golden Lotus - 60g

= 62g Primordial Rubies (and with transmute spec you get a lot of freebies)
Right now on my server.

Primordial Ruby - 80g
Bold cut - 88g
Delicate cut - 112g
Brilliant cut - 120g

I don't prospect anymore, way too time consuming, I play the transmute game to do my cuts. Transmute 200 gems, afk for 5 mins, cut 50 brilliants, afk a min etc. Prospecting you have to press a button every 5 secs, f that.

If you want to add one more character into the mix, I would go with Blacksmithing and Mining. Mining because you can gather while doing shit, and smelting is awesome, I was making 10k a day off it from wrath-cata ores after 5.2. Also helps you make ghost iron bars which you can feed to your transmute spec alch to make trillium and living steel.

Blacksmithing because you have all this ghost iron, can also turn living steel into buckles and weapon chains.

Don't touch inscription, that shit sucks yo even though I'm doing okay from shoulder enchants and darkmoon cards/trinkets. I milled so much shit at the end of cata for MOP, and while it paid off when the AH was bugged (listing the most expensive first, so I listed like 15 of each lol), I have so many left over inks off everything left over.

And Just my two copper has been shit for years since the original owners sold the site, consortium forums is the way to go.

Learn the MOP Blue market if you want something quick and easy as long as you have enough startup cash to fund it. Because you're less likely to get some bargins under 50g these days and instead have to purchase @ like 1k to flip it at 2k. But you need to learn your market and it's prices to do that, I've been doing it since the start so I know whenever I see a Zom's Misty Hood on the AH for under 2k I can buy it and it will eventually sell @ 3k. And you need to be patient and let the item sit until it sells, no panic.

Bizazedo

Good advice.

When I was slaughtering countless Warbringers Sunday, one of the big bags I got had a ton of uncommon gems. I had never thought about them (I'm a smelting / farming / grinding type money maker), so when I went to the AH my jaw dropped when I saw Alexandrite for 48 gold each and Tiger Opals for 25.

I put them all up and then immediately had a friend prospect 400 kyparite I had sitting around and sold them too.

And they sold almost immediately. I probably priced them too low.

TimeKillr

So, yeah.

I've finally completed an entire tier of normal content when it was current. This is my first time.

Lei-Shen is a joke, especially on 10s. 25 is only difficult because there are too many people who can screw it up by not paying attention.

Bring on SoO.

That's how I felt, really. Lei Shen on 10s really isn't hard - you just have to make sure people know their role and it's pretty easy.

Tacitus_

Oh how I can't wait until the virtual merges. No way could I sell 50 cuts a day currently.
E: And there's currently exactly ONE uncut garnet on the AH. yaaaaaaaay
E2: Bold rubies cost 70g while lotus are 100g AND pure spirit gems are 250g. My server is so weird.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Question: lorewise, just how much powerful is Lei-Shen?

I don't think he can compare to the major players like the Lich King or Azshara. He's probably a bit stronger than, say, the Titanic guardians (NOT the Titans themselves) Like Thorim, at their strongest.

Maybe about Illidan level?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Question: lorewise, just how much powerful is Lei-Shen?

I don't think he can compare to the major players like the Lich King or Azshara. He's probably a bit stronger than, say, the Titanic guardians (NOT the Titans themselves) Like Thorim, at their strongest.

Maybe about Illidan level?

He stole a bunch of Titan tech so probably pretty powerful.

With or without prep time?

I'd mostly agree with Anoregon's assessment.

Robin64

WoW annoys me more and more all the time. This time, the raid schedule. Normal raiders get to face Garrosh on September 10th (technically), which Raid Finder raiders have to wait until October 22nd. That's bullshit!

September 10 – Patch 5.4 Release
Normal
Flex Wing 1 “Vale of Eternal Sorrows”
September 17
Heroic (Normal Garrosh kill required)
Flex Wing 2 “Gates of Retribution”
Raid Finder Wing 1 “Vale of Eternal Sorrows”
September 24
Raid Finder Wing 2 “Gates of Retribution”
October 1
Flex Wing 3 “The Underhold”
October 8
Raid Finder Wing 3 “The Underhold”
October 15
Flex Wing 4 “Downfall”
October 22
Raid Finder Wing 4 “Downfall”

Bizazedo

WoW annoys me more and more all the time. This time, the raid schedule. Normal raiders get to face Garrosh on September 10th (technically), which Raid Finder raiders have to wait until October 22nd. That's bullshit!

I really want to go "Well, that's why you should normal raid!"

....but even I think that's too long for LFR. Should be October 8th.

On the brightside, you should be able to find LFG Flex raids if you have friends.

kirblar

Most normal guilds will not immediately be killing Garrosh week 1.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm hopeful I'll be able to get some flex raiding in the first week. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of pugs dipping their toes in, but I'm sure the player quality will be very hit or miss.

Is flex cross-realm like LFR, where you can do cross-realm invites? Or is it like all other current-tier raiding and same-server only?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm hopeful I'll be able to get some flex raiding in the first week. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of pugs dipping their toes in, but I'm sure the player quality will be very hit or miss.

Is flex cross-realm like LFR, where you can do cross-realm invites? Or is it like all other current-tier raiding and same-server only?

It can be cross-realm, I believe.

Tacitus_

1) Casuals can shut it
2) Only the top 1% of guilds will be even close to killing Garrosh in the first reset.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
1) Casuals can shut it
2) Only the top 1% of guilds will be even close to killing Garrosh in the first reset.

1% seems low. Are we talking guilds that actually attempt and make meaningful progress in Normal Mode?

mclem

Kuntz is the only EU player other than me? Well, there won't be any flex raids here then >_>

I didn't sign up specifically because I'd have guild obligations taking priority. And because I'm sure there was another spreadsheet before that one :)

Fjordson

I got a stupid question for y'all.

My 25 man ToT run yesterday got to Durumu and then fell apart. Can I join a different ToT group this week and be eligible for loot from the remaining bosses that I didn't kill in that first group?

Anoregon

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, yeah.

Kenai

I got a stupid question for y'all.

My 25 man ToT run yesterday got to Durumu and then fell apart. Can I join a different ToT group this week and be eligible for loot from the remaining bosses that I didn't kill in that first group?

Yes. You can also join a 10 man if you want. You won't be able to go into a raid that has any of the bosses you killed still alive is all.

I'm disappointed in myself. *sigh* This damn scenario is killing my pride.

I had to do it 3 times on my rogue and he was ~ilvl 516 at the time. Shit is confusing given the symmetry of the room and the rapidly increasing damage you take. First time I didn't even pay attention to the friendly mob you're supposed to leave alive and didn't make it even halfway through the scenario.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I resubbed after a two month break. Working on having fun with alts, and not worrying about end game anymore. Currently leveling a 74 DK who I'm planning on twinking at 85. Already got all the gear. Now I just need to be motivated to level through Lich King.

Westlo

Jewelcrafting is actually a great way to LOSE money. Such a pain in the ass to level.

Take Jag's advice instead.

There is 4 red cuts to learn in total, you can make your money back and more the first reset after just selling the 3 main red cuts lol.

Afterwards just use cheap blue raw rare gems to learn a mop random gem.

Jc is a license to print money when combined with alch.

There is 4 red cuts to learn in total, you can make your money back and more the first reset after just selling the 3 main red cuts lol.

Afterwards just use cheap blue raw rare gems to learn a mop random gem.

Jc is a license to print money when combined with alch.

It's not hard to make money when you get maxed, but people overprice to hell the gems you need to level JCing.

CassSept

Wow, Attumen dropped Fiery Warhorse, didn't expect that. 175, one raid less to farm :)

I have a question to fellow altoholics if there are such people here. While I was flying around doing archeo I accidentally got Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. As I'm currently leveling an alt for the first time in forever (4 years I think, before Cata) I'd like to ask you what is the best moment to use it, which stretch of leveling is the worst. The alt is 52 btw.

Tacitus_

I have a question to fellow altoholics if there are such people here. While I was flying around doing archeo I accidentally got Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. As I'm currently leveling an alt for the first time in forever (4 years I think, before Cata) I'd like to ask you what is the best moment to use it, which stretch of leveling is the worst. The alt is 52 btw.

TBC zones have the worst flow since Cata revamped the original zones. Though you'll fly through them nevertheless with all the xp slashes that have been done to leveling.

Tamanon

Banned
Wow, Attumen dropped Fiery Warhorse, didn't expect that. 175, one raid less to farm :)

I'd probably say either the 78-80 or the 84-85 range. Those can drag.

Personally i really enjoy leveling through TBC even if there is a little nostalgia involved. Frankly between dungeons and just the general speed of leveling you get done in no time.

At the moment i think the zones basically get worse the higher you go. Perhaps some would disagree but with my recent character that's basically how i felt.

I really didn't enjoy the pandaria section but maybe that's because i'm not into the lore at all.

Anoregon

TBC zones have the worst flow since Cata revamped the original zones. Though you'll fly through them nevertheless with all the xp slashes that have been done to leveling.

True. You can get hit 65+ in hellfire alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom