• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I have a question to fellow altoholics if there are such people here. While I was flying around doing archeo I accidentally got Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. As I'm currently leveling an alt for the first time in forever (4 years I think, before Cata) I'd like to ask you what is the best moment to use it, which stretch of leveling is the worst. The alt is 52 btw.

I used the one I had on my Monk for Nagrand stuff. Not even because I dislike outland questing or whatever (I mean I do, but that is beside the point here), but, with the final 4 Nesingwary quests, the arena, and any other quests you can grab before hand in you can pop the elixir and quickly gain a bunch of levels. I gained exactly 10 levels when I used mine, 64 to 74 I believe.

Magnus

Oh shit! Where's this been all this time? Signed up! Always happier to group with someone I know (or a gaffer!) for levelling on an alt, or LFRing or anything. Can we cross realm for heroic scenarios too? Hit me!

Also, damn, you can level through fucking pet battles? Amazing. Just what I need for levelling my last couple alts; some variety! At this rate, I think I may actually get 5-6 classes capped by the end of the next expansion pack or so. Hahaha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I used the one I had on my Monk for Nagrand stuff. Not even because I dislike outland questing or whatever (I mean I do, but that is beside the point here), but, with the final 4 Nesingwary quests, the arena, and any other quests you can grab before hand in you can pop the elixir and quickly gain a bunch of levels. I gained exactly 10 levels when I used mine, 64 to 74 I believe.

I once popped an Elixir in Hellfire Penn and then died within 3 minutes.

Remember that it doesn't persist through death, guys.

I'd probably say either the 78-80 or the 84-85 range. Those can drag.

I got around 8 of these potions and used it when I hit 84, and I had time on it left by the time I hit 85. I'd recommend using them up before this because 80-85 are all levels you speed through regardless because of the way they designed quests and the density of dungeon quests. 70-80 drags a lot worse in my opinion since the zones were designed better (which is sort of ironic) and don't flow straight into each other.

Reminder: do any dungeon quests you are eligible for BEFORE you pop the potion, and then just return to the dungeon to turn them in, although if you tank a dungeon successfully with it on, you will gain an absurd amount of XP (since the queue is instant or close to it).

Touch

I had to do it 3 times on my rogue and he was ~ilvl 516 at the time. Shit is confusing given the symmetry of the room and the rapidly increasing damage you take. First time I didn't even pay attention to the friendly mob you're supposed to leave alive and didn't make it even halfway through the scenario.
Yeah, it took me about 20 attempts then I read about the pop all the anvils at the very beginning strategy and that worked on the 2nd attempt. My main problem was the camera getting stuck on all the shit in the room and then I would just get annoyed and start messing up. Also I could never get enough dps on him doing it the "real" way. Having to interupt and avoid all the things I only doing maybe 30% to him. Glad it's over though.

I have a question to fellow altoholics if there are such people here. While I was flying around doing archeo I accidentally got Elixir of Ancient Knowledge. As I'm currently leveling an alt for the first time in forever (4 years I think, before Cata) I'd like to ask you what is the best moment to use it, which stretch of leveling is the worst. The alt is 52 btw.

Do it when your character is on lvl 70 or 75, that road to 84 feels eternal compared to 40 to 70.

I am leveling via pet battles. Not as glorious as when it was an exploit, but it's glorious.

How much exp do you earn per battle? Didnt noticed you get exp apart from your pet

Bizazedo

How much exp do you earn per battle? Didnt noticed you get exp apart from your pet

It depends. I've been toying with it.

It seems to depend on the level of the pet(s) you use versus the level of pets you're fighting.

If you're duking it out with level 1 pets in Orgrimmar, you get like 350 xp at level 33. Meh. Not horrendous.

So I had a mage buddy port my alt to the Vale and started duking it out with the level 24 and level 25 pets there. If I won with level 22's-24's, I'd get like 9-11k xp (I was in the low 40s).

If I won with level 25 versus 25's, it was near the lower end, 9k. So that essentially meant 7-10 battles = 1 level. Ish.

These values change and move up as you level. I was almost 47 when I stopped last night.

I am fully BOA'd and Monk +xp'd up and I'm not sure how much that affects the xp I am getting. I am definitely not saying this is ideal and for it to work best you really need a near maxed out pet team. Once you have it, though, it's nice because it's just easy and it's near impossible to lose a Pet Battle against NPCs once you know what you're doing.

That and it's nice to also use it to level other pets / capture some pets (no enemies around in the Vale for a mid 40's near the Shrine!). If for some reason you can't get to Vale, remember, PvP Pet Battles also give XP!

Obviously you're not guaranteed to win like a normal PvE pet battle, though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh shit! Where's this been all this time? Signed up! Always happier to group with someone I know (or a gaffer!) for levelling on an alt, or LFRing or anything. Can we cross realm for heroic scenarios too? Hit me!

It only got created like 3-4 weeks ago I believe.

Bone White Raptor get! In fact my last three feats of strength aren't too shabby (already posted about the previous two but figured I'd include them).

CqOujFg.jpg

So glad to be done on the Isle of Giants.

Edit: And that's mount 192. As I see it I've got two easy ones with 45 more levels in tailoring. Two from switching to my Paladin. That's 196. And I've got around 90k gold and that can buy me the mekgineer's chopper, the swift lovebird that's been up on the AH continually for the past couple months, and should have enough to get the mats to have a guildmate forge one of the expensive engineering mounts. So that puts me at 199. Really need to figure out one more.

CassSept

Edit: And that's mount 192. As I see it I've got two easy ones with 45 more levels in tailoring. Two from switching to my Paladin. That's 196. And I've got around 90k gold and that can buy me the mekgineer's chopper, the swift lovebird that's been up on the AH continually for the past couple months, and should have enough to get the mats to have a guildmate forge one of the expensive engineering mounts. So that puts me at 199. Really need to figure out one more.

Paladins have class-specific mount from Argent Tournament :) There's your 200. Gratz!

Bone White Raptor get! In fact my last three feats of strength aren't too shabby (already posted about the previous two but figured I'd include them).

CqOujFg.jpg

Chopper really only takes around 5-6 hours to farm mats for depending on how lucky you are with Titanium. Not the fastest way to earn gold but the one I've enjoyed the most. Made about 3k on choppers not counting all the saronite I got. The lovebird I bought right at the end of the valentine's holiday for 3k. No idea what it's going for now.

Fjordson

CqOujFg.jpg

Sweet Jesus, I couldn't be more jealous.

My current mount farming is Onyxia, Kael for Ashes and Attumen for his Warhorse weekly and then Skadi for the blue proto, ZG panther boss for the panther and Sethekk Halls for the Raven mount every day. Been at all of 'em for weeks and no luck =[

Serra

Anyone got any idea what kind of wait time im looking at when transferring a WoW license between battle.net accounts ? (which customer support is doing for me, and told me to do)

Its been 4 days.

Jag

Finally checked out Oqueue and did a xrealm "monkey run" on an alt. Basically you go to the instance (think its Monastery) where the room full of monkeys is. Kill all the trash until the boss comes then leave the instance. Rinse repeat. Each run was about 2minutes and I was getting about 480k xp with rest xp. I think that's about a level an hour and the group I joined was doing 80-85 in about 5 hours straight. I stopped after a level because it was just too mind numbing.

Bizazedo

I have a feeling Oqueue is going to become important for the new raid bosses, especially the one with the requirement of the legendary cloak. My server isn't the smallest, but it's not Mal'Ganis.

Rinse repeat. Each run was about 2minutes and I was getting about 480k xp with rest xp. I think that's about a level an hour and the group I joined was doing 80-85 in about 5 hours straight. I stopped after a level because it was just too mind numbing.

Just think, that's after they nerfed it.

RPGCrazied

Wow, heroic raiders get another mount on garrosh. They already get a title, a wolf mount for normal, BoA weapons. How can they complain about LFR?

LFR gets jack but morons and failbags.

kirblar

Wow, heroic raiders get another mount on garrosh. They already get a title, a wolf mount for normal, BoA weapons. How can they complain about LFR?

LFR is meant to let people see raid content who normally wouldn't. It's not meant to reward them for it with anything but gear.

LFR releasing same day and date would be nightmarish for progression raiders not on the bleeding edge who would be doubling up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sure they weren't trolls? And what were they saying specifically?

That and what Kirblar said.

Trolls? I keep seeing posts about players asking Blizzard to get rid of LFR because it ruins the raiding in the game or some shit like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trolls? I keep seeing posts about players asking Blizzard to get rid of LFR because it ruins the raiding in the game or some shit like that.

get rid of thing I don't like because I don't do it spend more time on thing I like

Tacitus_

I really doubt that there's actual HC raiders posting that drivel. It's usually been coatriders and/or trolls before.

CassSept

Simply whiners with entitlement issues who will whine about anything. These are probably same people who moaned back in TBC that the game is too hard and they can't see content. That stuff always happens. Cata is a wasteland after hitting 85? Whine that there isn't enough to do at max level and they have to level alts. MoP has a ton of content at 90*? Whine that there is too much to do and they can't level their precious alts. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

*yeah they went overboard with dailies at 90, but it's still better than the barren Cata content outside of raiding. And besides dailies we have pet battles, scenarios, Sunset Ranch, dumb archeo padding, fun factions, a lot to do with cooking etc etc etc

*yeah they went overboard with dailies at 90, but it's still better than the barren Cata content outside of raiding. And besides dailies we have pet battles, scenarios, Sunset Ranch, dumb archeo padding, fun factions, a lot to do with cooking etc etc etc

I get tired of doing dailies, want more enchanments? go for celestials rep but wait that faction only a have few ones, the other ones are doing shadopan rep, want to ride your free nimbo dragon mount? dailies, want to upgrade your farm? dailies, want early 476 weapons? klaxxi dailies, want to follow pandaria campaign? dailies

Human race have less stress by their racial skill but man,I never experience that flood of dailies.

Bizazedo

I get tired of doing dailies, want more enchanments? go for celestials rep but wait that faction only a have few ones, the other ones are doing shadopan rep, want to ride your free nimbo dragon mount? dailies, want to upgrade your farm? dailies, want early 476 weapons? klaxxi dailies, want to follow pandaria campaign? dailies

Human race have less stress by their racial skill but man,I never experience that flood of dailies.

Yeah, it was rough early on. Glad it's easy as pie, now.

My level 47 monk is now exalted with Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Celestials, and Shado-Pan, woo!

Angry Grimace

Yeah, it was rough early on. Glad it's easy as pie, now.

My level 47 monk is now exalted with Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Celestials, and Shado-Pan, woo!
But all of the mounts are BOA and all of the items rep-requirements are being removed in 5 days.

Tacitus_

Does anyone know exactly which achievement will be a feat of strength in 5.4? The one in Barrens.

Darkspear revolutionary / whatever is the alliance equivalent. The one that grants you a title after you have completed the weekly quest.
The questline for Golden Lotus will also become a Feat of Strength so farm up those Zandalari Warbringers if you want to have it.

Darkspear revolutionary / whatever is the alliance equivalent. The one that grants you a title after you have completed the weekly quest.
The questline for Golden Lotus will also become a Feat of Strength so farm up those Zandalari Warbringers if you want to have it.

Thanks. I got the GL one a long time ago.

Achievement that's no longer achievable. Doesn't count towards points. Does count towards ego-boosting.

There are still Feat of Strengths that are achievable, or at least there used to be.

Feats of Strength are just special achievements. Some are no longer attainable, like the ones we are talking about will be soon. Some are only attainable by using real money, like buying Blizzcon tickets and getting special pets. Some are just so hard and or random that they aren't listed with other achievements.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I should probably cap my valor this week.

But I don't feel like it. >_>

I need to valor cap + get some lesser charms for the new ones coming up this week.

I also left my guild tonight... need somewhere new to transfer.Looking at some of the higher alliance pop realms.

Bizazedo

But all of the mounts are BOA and all of the items rep-requirements are being removed in 5 days.

True that, but what I did has been do-able for months.

Making it not require having a 90 already is good at this stage of the game, though, which is the real flaw of what I did.

ampere

I don't think many heroic raiders complain about LFR. There are a lot of people on forums looking for attention who complain about anything. I do decent heroic progression, got to 10/13H but couldn't get Animus, and I only do LFR on alts and have no problem with it. In fact, it's a nice thing for me to do with my alts sometimes and if I ever quit raiding it'd be a way for me to see and experience the new raids.

Flex is going to be really cool, even if you can't do weekly raiding on a schedule, you can probably do flex sometimes. You can get BoA weapons from Flex I believe, so def check Flex out if you are trying to get those

mclem

Super easy, takes maybe an hour or two depending on how big the groups going after Commanders are.

On which subject: 150 oil, 200 stone, 200 meat, 350 oil to go, and I can finally mop up all the novelty items. My collection will be complete!

(I wonder why I never have any bagspace)

Lyng

Its so strange to see that. For me as someone who has been gone from wow a long time and now returned, I think LFR and the upcomming TI is a great way to get some decent equipment fast so you can join a guild in actual normal raiding, instead of beeing completely locked up because you just cant get the gear to even get a chance at a decent raid guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom