• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got it done with the Brawlers Guild?

Does the bosses scale with your gear or you need better gear for further progress? Dps checks and what not

kirblar

Its so strange to see that. For me as someone who has been gone from wow a long time and now returned, I think LFR and the upcomming TI is a great way to get some decent equipment fast so you can join a guild in actual normal raiding, instead of beeing completely locked up because you just cant get the gear to even get a chance at a decent raid guild.
Yeah, it's a catch-up mechanism that allows you to see the basic fight mechanics.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I literally fell asleep in the middle of Horridon last night in LFR. 2 a.m. LFR + being drunk.

Edit: Nope. I apparently got all the way through Council of Elders :lol

Would anybody be willing to hook me up with a scroll of resurrection? Email is: spjim87@gmail.com . I'm not 100% certain I'm eligible for it, but worth a shot if anyone has a minute. Thank you.

Thanks a bunch! I have some friends who are getting back into WoW again for the 1000th time and I might check it out again myself for the 1000th time.

Edit: Us Servers

CassSept

Are you on EU or US servers? If you're on EU PM me your Realm and character name and I'll send you a SoR.

Anyone got it done with the Brawlers Guild?

Does the bosses scale with your gear or you need better gear for further progress? Dps checks and what not

You need better gear, especially once you start hitting bosses that require ridiculous coordination along with putting out decent dps (GODDAMN YOU HEXOS ILL GET YOU ONE DAY)

I literally fell asleep in the middle of Horridon last night in LFR. 2 a.m. LFR + being drunk.

Edit: Nope. I apparently got all the way through Council of Elders :lol

Haha. I once fell asleep at guild raid halfway through Naj'entus battle, officers were pretty pissed :D

Tacitus_

You need better gear, especially once you start hitting bosses that require ridiculous coordination along with putting out decent dps (GODDAMN YOU HEXOS ILL GET YOU ONE DAY)

Hexos is easy as far as DPS requirements go. It's the goddamn laser maze that's horrible for your eyes and makes your mind go coo-coo at concentrating.

CassSept

Hexos is easy as far as DPS requirements go. It's the goddamn laser maze that's horrible for your eyes and makes your mind go coo-coo at concentrating.

I mean the combination of these factors, you certainly need some gear to maintain 100k dps that is the requirement for this encounter while at the same time focusing on dodging the stupid lasers. Unless you're a robot you won't pull your full dps at Hexos so you need some leeway in terms of gear.

Tacitus_

I mean the combination of these factors, you certainly need some gear to maintain 100k dps that is the requirement for this encounter while at the same time focusing on dodging the stupid lasers. Unless you're a robot you won't pull your full dps at Hexos so you need some leeway in terms of gear.

Other than not watching for trinket procs I found it pretty easy to maintain a rotation. Then again warlock rotations aren't exactly the hardest.

ZenaxPure

Other than not watching for trinket procs I found it pretty easy to maintain a rotation. Then again warlock rotations aren't exactly the hardest.

Yeah it really just depends on the spec. On my Ele shaman I found it incredibly easy because the most important things to keep track of are procs which are very obvious. On my rogue though it was really challenging to try and not clip envenoms, watch my energy, keep up rupture, and also dance in the maze.

Would anybody be willing to hook me up with a scroll of resurrection? Email is: spjim87@gmail.com . I'm not 100% certain I'm eligible for it, but worth a shot if anyone has a minute. Thank you.

Thanks a bunch! I have some friends who are getting back into WoW again for the 1000th time and I might check it out again myself for the 1000th time.

Edit: Us Servers

Sent you a SoR.

ampere

My realm is super dead for Alliance, so I'm just playing FFXIV for now while I wait for SoO and Connected Realms/Flex raiding. I'd love to raid on one of my alts, but it's just not possible on a low pop realm as there are no pugs.

Still pretty excited about Siege on Tuesday. I'm not sure we can clear normal the first week, but I hope we can at least get to Garrosh.

kirblar

Same boat, but what I won't be fine with is if they start to limit "regular" items from dropping in LFR. Weapons, trinkets, set gear, etc. Thankfully we haven't seen that, because it is the red line for me.
They won't. It kills the "catch up" applications of it.

And man, I think I need to find a flex guild or something cause LFR sucks.

sqwarlock

I know it's not really a big deal, but I got my 3rd 90 yesterday:

xFisDR5.jpg

I'm aiming to get two or three more before the next expansion. DK, warlock, and monk, most likely.

Westlo

Anyone with Cata level Blacksmiths should look into this stuff.

If your realm is dead, just wait for virtual realms. A lot of people don't know about the vendor greens in the cata zones, or these might just be better anyway, can't be stuffed checking. I generally sell a few pieces a day and than every now and than people just go and buy entire sets worth.

Edit - wow that looks shit, wtf, i'll fix that later.

TLDR - make and sell Hardened Obsidium gear, shits sells aight, has for all of MOP and still will after 5.4 and after that as long as the ilevel requirements for the first two Cata dungeons stay in place.

Tacitus_

If your realm is dead, just wait for virtual realms. A lot of people don't know about the vendor greens in the cata zones, or these might just be better anyway, can't be stuffed checking. I generally sell a few pieces a day and than every now and than people just go and buy entire sets worth.

TLDR - make and sell Hardened Obsidium gear, shits sells aight, has for all of MOP and still will after 5.4 and after that as long as the ilevel requirements for the first two Cata dungeons stay in place.

Nice transmog you've got going on.

Jag

I'm aiming to get two or three more before the next expansion. DK, warlock, and monk, most likely.

Working on my 4th after a long break. Hoping to have 7-8 90s before the next XP.

Sigh virtual realms can't arrive soon enough..
Resi ber wow and i don't have much to do.. Save lbo 86 mage got all 90 tono, 3 are thrones of ride geared, 2 are full tier of the previous content patch, rest pvp geared..
My realm is dead (runetotem eu) yay...

RPGCrazied

Heirlooms. If you have a full set, you fly through levels. I'm almost level 65 on my pally, when only a week ago he was like 35.

CassSept

I have to work on my ui one day. At this moment it's disastrous. I had a clear vision and it worked well when I set it up over 5 years ago, but after two expansions, many new skills and addon changes right now it's a mess.

This one is pretty sweet, similar to what I tried to achieve before but much clearer, though there seems to be a little space to fit all skills. And mini-map in left upper corner seems distracting.

Lyng

I have to work on my ui one day. At this moment it's disastrous. I had a clear vision and it worked well when I set it up over 5 years ago, but after two expansions, many new skills and addon changes right now it's a mess.

This one is pretty sweet, similar to what I tried to achieve before but much clearer, though there seems to be a little space to fit all skills. And mini-map in left upper corner seems distracting.

Its highly custmizable. You Can get more skillspace and move everything whereever you like.

ampere

Grats. I'm trying to get a few more 90s before Halloween so I can have a better shot at the Headless Horseman's mount.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

All I see is the stripperplate!

Ultratech

They won't. It kills the "catch up" applications of it.

And man, I think I need to find a flex guild or something cause LFR sucks.

Yeah, I probably won't even try and step foot into LFR for SoO if I can manage it this patch.

Too many bad experiences...

Grats! I'm working on getting my Bear Druid to 90, but he's only at 88 right now.

Lucky for him, he's got a LOT of rested exp, so it won't be too bad.

After him, I'm either gonna level a lock or finish leveling a Shaman on the Alliance side.

Ooo...might keep that in mind.

That gear will be better than the vendor stuff, since it's just 232 gear.

Boogdud

So leveling pandaria after a looong break (since the first week of cata) and I have gone through probably 5 different 'sets' of questing gear. I look absolutely identical from 85 to 88. Except maybe my gear is a little darker brown. "Oh sweet a blue set of shoulders for my quest reward!" equips them "uh, did I actually put them on?" checks bags, yup, they just look identical. Oh and they lok identical to the green ilvl 350 ones, and the green 379 ones, and the green 399 ones too, and the blue 415s. Thumbs up on a job well done blizz. I mean something, anything would be nice for a slightly different look since you spend so much time leveling. I feel like I'm wearing the 'panderia uniform' here.

Yeah, quest rewards now look OK, but they still didn't put that much work into them. Which is understandable, but I kind of miss the colorblind clown who shops and thrift stores look that happened to everyone in cloth at the start of TBC. You were always super ugly, but every piece that changed was a new kind of awful, which was entertaining at least.

Ultratech

Yeah, quest rewards now look OK, but they still didn't put that much work into them. Which is understandable, but I kind of miss the colorblind clown who shops and thrift stores look that happened to everyone in cloth at the start of TBC. You were always super ugly, but every piece that changed was a new kind of awful, which was entertaining at least.

Yeah, I think that was their reasoning for sorta making quest gear more uniform starting in Wrath.

They didn't want people looking like in TBC and Vanilla where you were running around in clownsuits all day.

Tacitus_

So leveling pandaria after a looong break (since the first week of cata) and I have gone through probably 5 different 'sets' of questing gear. I look absolutely identical from 85 to 88. Except maybe my gear is a little darker brown. "Oh sweet a blue set of shoulders for my quest reward!" equips them "uh, did I actually put them on?" checks bags, yup, they just look identical. Oh and they lok identical to the green ilvl 350 ones, and the green 379 ones, and the green 399 ones too, and the blue 415s. Thumbs up on a job well done blizz. I mean something, anything would be nice for a slightly different look since you spend so much time leveling. I feel like I'm wearing the 'panderia uniform' here.

Better than the clownsuits in Outland.

Boogdud

Better than the clownsuits in Outland.

Clownsuits were at least a little varied. Looking at the same exact set of armor the entirety of leveling is lame as hell. Agreed that the sets could look a lot worse, but to me it doesn't matter if it's a clownsuit or a cool set of armor, looking at the same set constantly sucks, and it's lazy.

When you get an upgrade it should look different.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Clownsuits were at least a little varied. Looking at the same exact set of armor the entirety of leveling is lame as hell. Agreed that the sets could look a lot worse, but to me it doesn't matter if it's a clownsuit or a cool set of armor, looking at the same set constantly sucks, and it's lazy.

I hope you never play an alt with heirlooms. Because you'll be stuck with the same armor for 85 levels instead of 5.

Tacitus_

Nope, this shit was bad -- and that was on the better side.
IkCdOms.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom