• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassSept

As much as I doubt that happens I'd love Lor'themar.

1) he was built surprisingly well throughout the expansion and it actually would make sense to instate him as warchief

2) meltdowns would be hilarious

Tacitus_

That's par with Garrosh.

Well, two whole expansions. I quit Cata before Firelands but Garrosh was fairly reasonable at that point. Blood Knighty, but he threw that one commander off of a cliff after he attacked civilians. Did he do something stupid before the mana bombing at the end of expansion event?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Like i said before, i want it to be Lor'themar just to see the meltdowns.

And, didn't Blizzard said that we wont know who the new Warchief is in 5.4? Only in a later patch?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Like i said before, i want it to be Lor'themar just to see the meltdowns.

And, didn't Blizzard said that we wont know who the new Warchief is in 5.4? Only in a later patch?

They're putting in a cutscene in 5.4, similar to what they did at the end of Wrath that'll show the new Warchief.

ampere

I expect it to be a council of Thrall, Vol'jin and Baine.

Lor'themar would be funny, but a bit odd. Vol'jin is awesome so I hope he is involved.

Skab

Lor'themar would make zero sense, what with him having been in talks to have the elves rejoin the alliance until garrosh screwed it up.

I wonder if Blizzard would ever actually be willing to shuffle a race or two around like that in a future expansion? I doubt it obviously, since it would probably just upset a lot of people. But it's still kind of neat to think about.

Boogdud

In Scooby Doo fashion Gamon removes his disguise to reveal that he is in fact Cairne Bloodhoof. Coronation ensues.

/wang chung

Lor'themar would make zero sense, what with him having been in talks to have the elves rejoin the alliance until garrosh screwed it up.

I wonder if Blizzard would ever actually be willing to shuffle a race or two around like that in a future expansion? I doubt it obviously, since it would probably just upset a lot of people. But it's still kind of neat to think about.

I expect it to be a council of Thrall, Vol'jin and Baine.

Lor'themar would be funny, but a bit odd. Vol'jin is awesome so I hope he is involved.

I think Lor'themar would be fine exactly because of what he has seen his people through. I mean the character growth has been very well handled. He knows how to handle politics well too.

Most people who would hate on it being Lor'themar would be because he is a BE.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rexxar or Saurfang return to become WC.

Vol'jin is the most obvious choice.

It would be very awkward to see the horde being not commanded by orcs.

Lorthemar would be a pleasant choice, that dude hates being a leader but he does for the well being of his race. Maybe he will quit later or creates a truce with the alliance to avoid such responsability.

sqwarlock

Dude what UI is that its pretty awesome :D grats on the 3rd 90 working on mine now.

It's not a pre-packaged UI, just one I put together myself. The "base" of it, or what you see in that shot, is:

SexyMap (minimap)
Dominos (action bars)
kgPanels (the background for chat and meter)
Chatter (chat)
Skada (meter)
Stuf (unit frames)
Grid (party/raid frames)

I've put a lot of time into making my UI, and I actually overhauled it to what you see there very recently.

McNei1y

So I've been gone from wow for about 6 months now. I plan on coming back to it soon enough. It might be around BlizzCon though. All of the new expansion info will probably persuade me into playing through the last MOP patch and into the new game. But in the mean time, I've been reading up on some of the lore... it's cool how mysterious many of the stories in wow are. There have been things back in Vanilla wow that still haven't been answered. Some of my favorites are:

1. Karazhan and it's surrounding location (whether it's inside, the creepy dungeon below, the supposed 'mirrored' Kharazan, and that sketchy place that the final boss was located).
2. The Whispering Forest. This place is definitely the place the high elves were talking about. There's got to be some sort of Emerald Dream or Old God thing here.

There are multiple other stories that I can't remember at the moment.

Anyways, It's fun reading up on a bunch of the added lore that will be coming in 5.4. I didn't even realize they released info on another Old God that died years ago... the one that the Klaxxi worshiped. It's also cool that the new raid expands org.

Draxal

Give the Dark Lady some credit. It would take at least two expansion before people realized what she was up to.

Um, the Silverpine/Hillsbrad questline and the whole Battle of the Undercity/Putress makes that pretty much impossible.

Well, two whole expansions. I quit Cata before Firelands but Garrosh was fairly reasonable at that point. Blood Knighty, but he threw that one commander off of a cliff after he attacked civilians. Did he do something stupid before the mana bombing at the end of expansion event?

It was pretty out of character for Garrosh. He was back to being a megalomaniac by Twilight Highlands, just pretend Stonetalon never happened.

Atsumi

Today was a great day. I finally hit 90 (Yaaaay!) but THIS happened.

BTsdaaCCcAAVFvK.jpg

Been farming the little dude off and on since BC (with an intense stint in WoTLK)

Excited for the patch, although I'm still leveling my Ele Shaman, he's level 85 now. Queues are going to be so so horrible.

Is it weird that I'm really excited to try out soem of the new Shaman minor glyphs.

"Glyph of Flaming Serpent" : Your Searing Totem now resembles Vol'jin's Serpent Ward. Awesome!

"Glyph of Elemental Familiars Minor Glyph" : Summons a random Fire, Water, or Nature familiar. Familiars of different types have a tendency to fight each other. ...What? xD

"Glyph of Rain of Frogs Minor Glyph" : You summon a rain storm of frogs at your targeted location. Woo, new spell, haha.

And Spirit Raptors for Enhancement is freaking cool as well.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

strafer

Excited for the patch, although I'm still leveling my Ele Shaman, he's level 85 now. Queues are going to be so so horrible.

Is it weird that I'm really excited to try out soem of the new Shaman minor glyphs.

"Glyph of Flaming Serpent" : Your Searing Totem now resembles Vol'jin's Serpent Ward. Awesome!

"Glyph of Elemental Familiars Minor Glyph" : Summons a random Fire, Water, or Nature familiar. Familiars of different types have a tendency to fight each other. ...What? xD

"Glyph of Rain of Frogs Minor Glyph" : You summon a rain storm of frogs at your targeted location. Woo, new spell, haha.

Anyway, looking forward to it.

It's cool.

eh, it's okay.

Now this one is cool. I summoned a fire and he cast fire on a water dude that another character had summoned. :)

Tacitus_

Um, the Silverpine/Hillsbrad questline and the whole Battle of the Undercity/Putress makes that pretty much impossible.
Putress wasn't her doing.

It was pretty out of character for Garrosh. He was back to being a megalomaniac by Twilight Highlands, just pretend Stonetalon never happened.

I wouldn't say out of character. Like I said, he was being all blood knight-y (daddy issues, I tell you) and he specifically told Sylvanas not to use the plague any more at the start of Cata. Currently he'd be carpet bombing everything with the plague.

mclem

Wonder if it's some deliberate synchronicity coming up: Siege of Orgrimmar hits just as we start the Harvest Festival, in which (on the horde side) they celebrate the life of Grom Hellscream.

kirblar

Something just hit me - it has to be Vol'jin because of the themes of the X-Pack. The trolls try to unite a mighty troll empire, with only trolls allowed. They fail. Garrosh is trying the same thing. "Orcs yay, everyone else nay". He's going to fail as well. Vol'jin as the Warchief then shows a successful "troll" empire.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The Zandalari should have won just because their troll models are so much better than us as players.

Bizazedo

So I didn't see this in any hotfix notes, but Heroic Leap doesn't go over Anima Ring on Dark Animus anymore. Felt like their hit boxes got bigger, too.

That was a rude awakening when suddenly I triggered three of them when I leaped and started taking hits of over 700k.

mclem

Got my butt kicked by leper gnomes at rank 5 in Brawlers Guild

This feels really bad

Speaking of which: I finally got my invite from my persistent farming of rares, just in time to actually use my Raptorhide Boxing Gloves from Barrens. So... as tank, how far can I reasonably expect to get through Brawler's Guild and still make enrage timers? I'm currently halfway through Rank 2.

Speaking of which: I finally got my invite from my persistent farming of rares, just in time to actually use my Raptorhide Boxing Gloves from Barrens. So... as tank, how far can I reasonably expect to get through Brawler's Guild and still make enrage timers? I'm currently halfway through Rank 2.

You're going to have a difficult time beating them rank bosses when you're using Tank specc. You can either kill them a few seconds after the enrage timer goes or the enrage timer kills you.

Brawlers Guild is heavily dependent on dps

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was easily able to get to rank 8 with the Brawler Guild as a ret paladin with an average item lvl of 514(I have the 600 cloak, and legendary meta gem). Haven't really tried to get further than that. My self heals were pretty useful sometimes. I wonder if it would be as easy with my frost mage... healing from glyphed Evocation isn't as simple as healing from Word of Glory.

Boogdud

My guess is they leave it on a cliffhanger (Garrosh is in jail or some lame crap) and wait to announce the new warchief with the next expansion.

Tacitus_

My guess is they leave it on a cliffhanger (Garrosh is in jail or some lame crap) and wait to announce the new warchief with the next expansion.

Blues have stated that the story ends with this patch. The Horde version of the kill cutscene is longer and has the new warchief selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom