• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder how many SoO LFR's it will take me to get the remaining 4 secrets and all of the runestones I need.

scoobs

My guess is they leave it on a cliffhanger (Garrosh is in jail or some lame crap) and wait to announce the new warchief with the next expansion.

Blues have confirmed garrosh will be killed. Vol'jin will be the new warchief, they've been setting him up the entire expansion.

Tacitus_

Blues have confirmed garrosh will be killed. Vol'jin will be the new warchief, they've been setting him up the entire expansion.

They've never set him up to be the next warchief, only to get rid of Garrosh. While Lorthemar has openly (well to his inner circle) said that he might take up the seat after Garrosh is dealt with.
Ooh, I hope it's the fabulous elf sitting in Orgrimmar after this.

Does anyone know what happens to the current PvP honor weapons after the patch? I need a weapon badly and am not sure if I can wait to buy it cheaper tomorrow, or if it will be gone and I have to get 7k+ honor in the next season to buy an honor weapon. I know the set will become craftable but they didn't mention the weapons as far as I know.

Does anyone know what happens to the current PvP honor weapons after the patch? I need a weapon badly and am not sure if I can wait to buy it cheaper tomorrow, or if it will be gone and I have to get 7k+ honor in the next season to buy an honor weapon. I know the set will become craftable but they didn't mention the weapons as far as I know.

You'll have to get 7k honor in the next season if you want a Tyrannical weapon. If you're fine with Malevolent, you should buy it before tomorrow. Personally, I would just stick with a crappy weapon until you get 7k next season because Malevolent weapons are going to be pretty bad next patch, comparatively.

Coolwhip

Banned
Sylvanas for Warchief!

I actually have heard from people with inside info that Sylvanas will play a big role soon. Warchief or otherwise I don't know.

And even though I HATED the whole panda expansion, I have to admit that patch 5.4 is blowing my mind. So much content.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even if the Warchief wasn't an orc, surely they'd still need an Orc *leader* to rally behind? Maybe we'll find out two promotions in the patch.

The lack of a real leader and city isn't without precedent anymore now that the Pandas, Worgen and Goblins barely have leaders, but obviously I think Thrall could come back even if he wasn't the Warchief.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
so... a Mechano-hog just dropped to a guy in LFR, is this normal??

EDIT: Ah, someone popped up a Blingtron 4000, now it makes sense :)

Ultratech

So, I decided to get some of the Vanity items from the Barrens stuff.

Gotta say, I love the Whole-Body Shrinka'.

Stuff makes you CRAZY tiny.

YnSwKwr.jpg

Can you spot me?

Sadly, said size comes with a major decrease in DPS, slow movement speed, and oddly enough, super jumps!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Did most of LFR this week. 1 secret. That's right.

Fuck this quest and fuck the Runestone quest after it.

Slayerx

Still need 3 runestones, hopefully I get them all tomorrow with the increased drop rate....... So much to do :/ proving grounds, Timeless Isle, trying to get into a flex raid uhhhhhhhh.

Timeless Isle will probably be a messy free for all for weeks, especially on Frostmourne but because of Censure of Eternal Agony maybe Alliance will gank itself, playing horde is painful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Logged out my 90s in my favorite Vale spots. Hoping to take some nice after shots tomorrow.
I'd love before/after pics PMed to me :3

Dot50Cal

Banned
Fuuuuuuuuu..

Was doing Loremaster of Northrend, final zone 97/105 when maintenance hit. Gonna be a long wait!

On a happier note, when its up I'll be getting my last runestone.

mclem

One day more for us in Europe, so I'll be interested in hearing feedback about how it goes.

One thing we're umming and ahhing over right now is where to put the cutoff for getting into our first flex raid. If we take someone who's *too* weak, everyone else is going to have to work that bit harder to compensate (we've had a few folks who've drifted back recently, and I'd like to be inclusive without gimping ourselves too much!). My gut's saying 510-iLvl.

lordmrw

I feel stupid for wasting the night before the patch trying to run a few dungeons on my level 85 DK. that's right, I said trying. 5 groups for hour of twilight, 2 of them no one spoke english and proceeded to shit up every fight mechanic you can think of. the next 3 I was saddled with people who think all it takes to tank as a paladin and warrior is to throw on a shield and once it didn't work they dropped group immediately. As to why I kept trying to run the dungeon, I don't know. Stormstout Brewery, went through 3 tanks and 2 healers before the run was complete. I should have just continued to do quests for all the time I spent.

Robin64

Lor'themar for Warchief. And a possible renaming of that title.

One of the few people I think the Alliance would be "happy" to see on the throne and agree to move out of the city after the siege.

mclem

Catching up on strategies for SoO... when was the last time we had a fight where you had to kill mobs at roughly the same time as one another or they'd heal? I can't think of that mechanic having been used in ages. Romulo and Julianne?

CassSept

Catching up on strategies for SoO... when was the last time we had a fight where you had to kill mobs at the same time as one another or they'd heal? I can't think of that mechanic having been used in ages. Romulo and Julianne?

Mimiron is the most recent I can remember

Boogdud

I dinged 90 last night just before going to bed. As a person who doesn't raid anymore and hasn't really touched the game in 3 years I have absolutely no clue what to do. I got some flight paths I didn't have yet and looked at the screen like the dog in the lab coat...

Jag

Catching up on strategies for SoO... when was the last time we had a fight where you had to kill mobs at roughly the same time as one another or they'd heal? I can't think of that mechanic having been used in ages. Romulo and Julianne?

That's going to suck in LFR where coordination is marginal at best.

I finally got bit by the Pet Battle bug. I've been a big pet collector for 7 years, but resisted pet battles. Now it's all I want to do!

Dicer

Banned
I dinged 90 last night just before going to bed. As a person who doesn't raid anymore and hasn't really touched the game in 3 years I have absolutely no clue what to do. I got some flight paths I didn't have yet and looked at the screen like the dog in the lab coat...

PLENTY of dailies to do, get your serpent cloud riding, do some farming with the tillers.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't wait to see what Timeless Isle is all about and if its really as interesting as it sounds. It will keep me busy until the 1st wing of SoO become available on LFR. Which is probably going to be a pain for the first weeks if its anything like the other LFR raids.

Just watched SOO trailer again. But nothing touches the ICC trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3oZH6Piz4

"Frostmourne hungers"

WoTLK as an expansion was just too awesome

Although, I am very pleasantly surprised by how good MoP is. After Cata, I left WoW and when I heard we were getting Pandas I lost all hope in Blizzard.

So, what's your favorite patch trailer?

I like the ICC one above and also the 2.1 BT one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-C-_PJTa4

"The betrayer will become the betrayed!"

I really want to play this patch but I think I'm deleting WoW, atleast for a while. Four heavy uni courses, a thesis to write, and trying to find a job on the sides and WoW don't combine. Sigh.

:(

Edit: And deleted.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On Flexible raid lockouts, posted in June:

You will be able to repeat bosses, and that will actually still be somewhat rewarding, you’ll be able to use additional bonus rolls, earn Valor Points, and potentially loot some shinnies from trash...
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7616872018?page=36#712

Does it still work like this?

In other news, I've found a GREAT strategy to complete Xuen's challenge for http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32805. Unfortunately as a warrior it takes a long time without a certain "buff" (which you can randomly get each day). Should have it done soon.

Ultratech

I really want to play this patch but I think I'm deleting WoW, atleast for a while. Four heavy uni courses, a thesis to write, and trying to find a job on the sides and WoW don't combine. Sigh.

:(

Edit: And deleted.

Yeah, I don't blame ya.

That's part of why I quit my first time.

That and I was getting nowhere with Raiding at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom