• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Sorry if this has been answered already, but are Mogu Runes of Fate still current? Like for bonus rolls in SoO or for the world bosses on Timeless Isle?

Supposedly the cinematic unlocks only after you kill Garrosh, they really wanted to keep this one a secret. The usual methods people used in the past didn't work but I am also reading that fan sites have an agreement with Blizzard not to publish the cinematics until SoO is cleared.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo!!!

Cipherr

8SQMbtU.png

Jesus FUCK!.... MOVE!

SRTtoZ

Sorry if this has been answered already, but are Mogu Runes of Fate still current? Like for bonus rolls in SoO or for the world bosses on Timeless Isle?

No, you get new ones now called Warforged seal which is good for the new world bosses and SoO. If you want the Mogu runes of fate you can buy them from a vendor at timeless isle for 2500 coins which is easy to get considering I have 10,000 from playing casually.

ZenaxPure

Wow, they literally give you your legendary cape for free basically. I got it about an hour after getting on the isle. Makes more sense I guess since people can actually use it to progress through SoO instead of a useless thing to have when it's mostly on farm.

kirblar

Oh okay, thanks guys.

I guess I don't have too much need for Mogu runes anymore. I'm already at 521 item level.
They'll probably be super easy to get now - I wish I had known about the BONUS ROUND on Thunder Isle and the old Elder coins earlier than two days ago. :p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haven't hopped into 5.4 yet, but from what I'm hearing it's sounds like this is a very alt-friendly patch?

You don't even need your alt. You just wander around the island murdering random animals and they drop 496s that are BoA.

Enosh

and ToT raiding ends with a twins HC kill (probably the easiest of the 8 I ended up with)
good thing my old guild feel apart lol, got into this new one and got in 3 weeks 5 new HC kills (for them too, so it's not like I joined a guild that already had shit on farm, they were on the same stage my old guild was when i left, well they killed iron quon hc, so 1 hc kill more, but we skipped that one this time around so overall the guild has 1 more than me ^^)

so looking good for 5.4 in a few hours ^^

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the fastest way to get Timeless Coins? Looking for treasures or just killing every soloable elites you see?

Tamanon

Banned
What's the fastest way to get Timeless Coins? Looking for treasures or just killing every soloable elites you see?

Yup, can also buy bags of coins when you hit honored Shaohao but it's 500 valor for 3500 coins. Also keep an eye out for events. I got a lot of coins doing the Zarhym quest in the cave to get spirit chests.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yup, can also buy bags of coins when you hit honored Shaohao but it's 500 valor for 3500 coins. Also keep an eye out for events. I got a lot of coins doing the Zarhym quest in the cave to get spirit chests.

I think it takes a while to get honored with Shaohao though. Just killing every red nameplate on site seems effective, as does picking up any treasure boxes.

After being away from this game for over a year, I have finally decided to reactivate again. I'm actually pretty lost and don't know where to start. I have several characters at 90 and not sure where to begin to gear up for LFR's. Should I still be grinding heroic dungeons?

Angry Grimace

The increased drop rate is a lie :/

Of what?

After being away from this game for over a year, I have finally decided to reactivate again. I'm actually pretty lost and don't know where to start. I have several characters at 90 and not sure where to begin to gear up for LFR's. Should I still be grinding heroic dungeons?

Go to the Timeless Isle and mindlessly murder everything until you have a lot of gear.

Seriously.

mclem

I can imagine. Timeless Isle will be crazy on a high pop server, especially with that sacrificial pvp thing

Speaking of which, I suspect that'll be a right pain to get after this expansion (much like the jumping through hoops to get the Halaa mounts). Mount hunters bear it in mind!

Angry Grimace

Runestones :/ Maybe I'm just unlucky though.

They didn't raise the drop rate at all. They just increased the number of people that drop it.

Speaking of which, I suspect that'll be a right pain to get after this expansion (much like the jumping through hoops to get the Halaa mounts). Mount hunters bear it in mind!
I imagine you'll see oQueue groups just trading off kills by then.

Fjordson

Oh my god, the lag on Timeless Isle on Sargeras is awful. Takes about 20 seconds for anything to even register.
Yep. Stepped in and was getting that also. Said fuck it and left after like two minutes :lol

Went and finished off my Hyjal dailies and got the Flameward Hippogryph instead. Finally!

Yeah, yeah, I know you've heard it all before, but the Timeless Isle is terrible.

It's not even the lag that bothers me so much as the concept. Everyone who was whining about dailies gets what they deserve. A scavenger hunt where you're forced to find things to do and compete with 900 other people doing the same thing!

Good times. *rolls eyes*

The sooner I get the rest of my coins and get the hell out of there, the better.

Atsumi

Yeah, yeah, I know you've heard it all before, but the Timeless Isle is terrible.

It's not even the lag that bothers me so much as the concept. Everyone who was whining about dailies gets what they deserve. A scavenger hunt where you're forced to find things to do and compete with 900 other people doing the same thing!

Good times. *rolls eyes*

The sooner I get the rest of my coins and get the hell out of there, the better.

The server I x-ferred to is 4:1 Alliane: Horde. As a Horde, I can barely make it 10 steps before someone ganks me. Oh well, I'm still enjoying it for what it is.

ZenaxPure

A scavenger hunt where you're forced to find things to do and compete with 900 other people doing the same thing!

I actually like it so far to be honest. Dunno how it will be in the long run of things, but, unless you use a guide or something there is actually a nice sense of discovery on the isle, finding all the weird events, having birds take me to strange locations, and some minor platforming. I am a pretty big fan of exploration and the isle has given me a good amount of that in the few hours I've spent there.

Besides, none of the important stuff on the isle is effected by how many people are around. Rare spawns work like they do on the isle of thunder, there is no competition with treasure chests, and anyone can do the events scattered around without interfering with anyone else. I don't really see what the problem is on that end outside of the usual 10 billion people server lag stuff.

Besides, none of the important stuff on the isle is effected by how many people are around. Rare spawns work like they do on the isle of thunder, there is no competition with treasure chests, and anyone can do the events scattered around without interfering with anyone else. I don't really see what the problem is on that end outside of the usual 10 billion people server lag stuff.

Huh.

Either it's buggy (likely) or something else, because I helped repeatedly with rares and couldn't loot about half of them.

That dread pirate event is pretty okay for coins. Is that a random spawn?

And yeah, I guess the exploration stuff is kind of neat. I'm just someone who prefers structure, so going from the ability to just log in, take an hour or so to do what I need to do and then going to do something else to "Where the hell do I go to do things? Oh, here's an event---Just ended. Oh, there's a rare---Oh it's dead. Oh, these mobs drop coins too--- Already tagged!" is somewhat frustrating to me on a personal level.

th;dr The freeform style of the Timeless Isle isn't for me.

Anyone done any SoO stuff yet?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really hate those stunning bull guys near the top of the cliffs. Makes running to the Blazing Chest a pain. Thank god for Invisibility so i can loot it safely.

Is that chest only lootable once per week?

Fjordson

Wait, why are people getting their legendary cloak so quickly? How? I need to get in on this!

Though I'm only on week two of the 3000 valor step, so I'll probably have to wait two weeks before it's applicable to me.

ZenaxPure

Either it's buggy (likely) or something else, because I helped repeatedly with rares and couldn't loot about half of them.

Nah, they work like isle of thunder rares. You have to actually make sure it's a rare spawn though, there are a lot of just normal enemies on the isle that have mechanics similar to rare spawns, like that giant rock man that wanders around. I see people helping others kill him assuming he's special, but, in reality he is just an elite mob that doesn't serve much of a purpose outside of achievements and like 80 coins.

Though I'm only on week two of the 3000 valor step, so I'll probably have to wait two weeks before it's applicable to me.

You've got a lot longer than 2 weeks before you get your legendary cape. Probably at least a month if you're lucky. But once you're caught up obtaining the cape is incredibly simple. All you have to do is get 5000 timeless coins and defeat each of the celestial bosses (once one is defeated the next one spawns within a minute or so). It's very quick.

Fjordson

You've got a lot longer than 2 weeks before you get your legendary cape. Probably at least a month if you're lucky. But once you're caught up obtaining the cape is incredibly simple. All you have to do is get 5000 timeless coins and defeat each of the celestial bosses (once one is defeated the next one spawns within a minute or so). It's very quick.
Ooh, okay. Well nevermind then :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom