• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Did Timeless Isle when I got home. Shit's crazy.

And some of those chests are pretty cleverly hidden.

Also did the first wing of Flex Mode. Wasn't too bad...
Immerseus: Took us like 3 tries before people finally realized they had to dps adds and heal the blue stuff.

The Fallen Protectors - Funny enough, we one-shotted this fight.

Norushen - Took several tries. On one attempt, we ended up hitting enrage, so Norushen insta-kills everyone. But yeah, lots of stuff going on.

Sha of Pride - We got stuck on this. Last attempt was at 9%.
The problems here were more with people not avoiding stuff that gives Pride and not standing in their Projections.
I'm very curious to see how LFR will handle this fight.

I was kinda disappointed since I got no loot off of the first 3 bosses we killed. :(

How large a group, and what sort of iLvl? I'm going to have to make some tough decisions tonight about who's 'good enough' to go while we're still getting familiar with the fights.

CassSept

I opened one of the American streams and saw a bunch of naked allys dancing to Toto - Africa. Huh.

Well EU streams should start now and competent raiders will probably blow through normal in no time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, I was totally expecting to be able to watch the end cinematic before work this morning. The entire playerbase of WoW has failed me.

SRTtoZ

Completely burned out. Did the isle all day and geared up my fresh boomy to ilvl 500. On top of that I even had enough pieces to gear out a full resto set minus the rings. Capped Valor and ran LFR so now I have time this week to work on my 60 Priest :-O

Tehalemi

Back to the island it is with me, let's see what today holds. >:D

And hopefully someone streams their Garrosh kill before the end of the day. :p

Coolwhip

Banned
Yeah, what happened to our trusty nolife raiders? WoW just isn't the same... :p

The nolife raider base is probably 1/10th compared to the heydays of Wow. And the 'race' is about heroic modes now. Which will be unlocked next week. So this week will be used for practise.

RPGCrazied

Just woke up, no end cutscene for Garrosh. I probably will watch it early, since I'm an LFR raider. Won't be able to fight him for several weeks ahead.

mclem

Alliance though.

The only reason everyones been all over the streams has mostly been to see who the new warchief is, which from the way the cutscenes were described, is in the horde version and not the alliance.

Well, the Alliance will probably be *informed* about it in the cutscene, but wouldn't get a bunch of horde-specific RP around it. I'd be surprised if the basic identity isn't in both.

TimeKillr

So we tried SoO on normal last night.

Immerseus really isn't too bad - we had trouble in the beginning with positioning and making sure people avoided the tsunami, but once that was settled and people realized what they had to do it was super easy.

We got stuck at Protectors, but we'll down it tonight (we got really far into it last night despite starting at like an hour before raid time was up). We were so happy that there was basically no trash between the 1st and 2nd bosses!

I also got my legendary cloak yesterday, although I find the visual on it to be kind of obnoxious at times, but it's not too bad. Took me a whole 45 minutes to get the cloak too, which I find to be hilarious - it was so quick and easy it's stupid. The celestials fight are so simple that you can just zerg them and get out of shit.

And finally I got the BS thing to make Balanced Trillium, so I can get on my way to making 553 BoE stuff. Overall a good evening!

Bizazedo

I also got my legendary cloak yesterday, although I find the visual on it to be kind of obnoxious at times, but it's not too bad. Took me a whole 45 minutes to get the cloak too, which I find to be hilarious - it was so quick and easy it's stupid. The celestials fight are so simple that you can just zerg them and get out of shit.
Honestly, kind of annoyed by it lol. Yu'Lon is the only "hard one" and that's just the tanks having to constantly kite her.

Worst ending to a Legendary questline, but meh, nice cloak.

Did battle with 'Lil Oondasta. Barely defeated him after several tries. I need more mechanical pets.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Come on hardcore raiders, show us today that Lor'themar is the new Warchief, just for the meltdowns!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did battle with 'Lil Oondasta. Barely defeated him after several tries. I need more mechanical pets.

I need more everything pets. I only have like 13 level 25's, and a whole slew of cool pets I farmed that I haven't leveled up yet. I have a long ways to go before I can be the very best.

mclem

Come on hardcore raiders, show us today that Lor'themar is the new Warchief, just for the meltdowns!

I am sort of impressed that it's not happened yet. How long after ToT opened its doors was Lei Shen Normal first killed?

I need more everything pets. I only have like 13 level 25's, and a whole slew of cool pets I farmed that I haven't leveled up yet. I have a long ways to go before I can be the very best.

I had a pet levelling / main quest line session last night before reset. Got a ridiculous amount of achievements in one go - the various achievements for the final stages of the pet battle chain up to and including Aki, the achievement for 200 pet battle points (which I think may have been bugged, given I was on 340 by the end of it all) *and* the achievement for one L25 of each class.

And yet there's still, what, 22 to go before I can do the Elite Four Timeless Isle Tournament

Bizazedo

I have 19 level 25's. Got my butt kicked in the Celestial tournament and not knowing the teams I was going up against and having poor variety in what I have at 25's.

I have waaaaaaaay too many Beasts.

My fault, really. And they do heal in between battles, so you can't just wear 'em down.

And yet there's still, what, 22 to go before I can do the Elite Four Timeless Isle Tournament

You only need 15 pets to enter and you only have to defeat 3 trainers.

TimeKillr

Honestly, kind of annoyed by it lol. Yu'Lon is the only "hard one" and that's just the tanks having to constantly kite her.

Worst ending to a Legendary questline, but meh, nice cloak.

Yeah, Yu'Lon is just dumb.. Everybody dies to the green wave all the time, but otherwise they're just so stupidly simpe...

Bizazedo

Yeah, Yu'Lon is just dumb.. Everybody dies to the green wave all the time, but otherwise they're just so stupidly simpe...

Eh.

After panicking about it, we figured out the green wave does crap for damage, especially in this current Healers are OP as hell phase (I am terrified for the next PvP season).

It's the circles on the ground. Tanks need to constantly kite to keep the raid out of them.

Bizazedo

Devs are saying with just 15 you'll have a pretty tough time....

Yep, I got my head kicked in.

It's doable, though, if you have a good variety of pet types....but that's probably pretty unlikely. Especially as people were apt to level up the new pets they acquired that were rare (and like me, I went on a streak of captured rare pets downgraded to level 23 that were predominantly two types).

Hell, the reason it took me 6 tries to take out 'Lil Oondasta was I only had one mechanical. Mini Thor saved the day eventually (had him at 13 hp and 30 hp in two prior battles).

scoobs

4 bosses down with little to no problems on any of them. I think a lot of normal raiding guilds will have issues with the 3rd boss Norushen because of the enrage timer and dealing w/ sending groups down. Sha of pride was surprisingly cake.

Macattk15

Man.

I looted 3 Burden's of Eternity last night in relatively quick succession. Got one out of the Blazing Chest and then 2 more (1 from a moss covered chest and another from a rare turtle).

Easiest 3 535 items ever. Though they haven't been particularly good ... but are better than the stuff I had regardless.

Maaaan, I thought the patch would bring about balance to faction population. What my server got is horde have tripled their numbers. There's no alliance from a different server in sight :(

Is something up with low level enchants? I feel like i'm able to use some really powerful ones on my lvl 10 gear that i wasn't able to last time i tried. If this is working as intended go damn i'm going to be wrecking some low lvl BG's.

Westlo

Is something up with low level enchants? I feel like i'm able to use some really powerful ones on my lvl 10 gear that i wasn't able to last time i tried. If this is working as intended go damn i'm going to be wrecking some low lvl BG's.

All enchants now scale to their max level, so you could put power torrent on a caster heirloom and use it from level 1 to 85.

Much better than 22 int the old go to caster heirloom, though unless things changed I think wind song is broken as fuck due to haste at low levels

All enchants now scale to their max level, so you could put power torrent on a caster heirloom and use it from level 1 to 85.

Much better than 22 int the old go to caster heirloom, though unless things changed I think wind song is broken as fuck due to haste at low levels

Holy fucking shit. Some of the enchants i'm putting on are insane. I'm going to bed now but i'm going to break these low lvl BG's when i play tomorrow lol.

Loxley

Is it weird that one of my favorite aspects of the Timeless Isle is just seeing everyone riding ground-mounts again? I've never been one to complain about the inclusion of flying mounts in TBC, I really like them, but I find a certain charm in everyone being stuck on the ground again.

Anoregon

I was just looking through a pre-mists thread I made on another forum and saw my posts about how excited and sure I was that I would be getting the challenge mode armor set for my warlock.

I still haven't even set foot in one. :(

Bizazedo

I was just looking through a pre-mists thread I made on another forum and saw my posts about how excited and sure I was that I would be getting the challenge mode armor set for my warlock.

STILL bitter they're just glorified speed runs as opposed to Shattered Halls / Lower Blackrock Spire difficulty instead.

The only thing that makes me feel good is that Blizzard isn't happy about how little people are going for them, although it probably has zero to do with my reasoning.

Keep checking thread for Warchief news. Keep leaving disappointed :-(

Same. Where are all these uber Europeans I read about while trying to sleep last night.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it weird that one of my favorite aspects of the Timeless Isle is just seeing everyone riding ground-mounts again? I've never been one to complain about the inclusion of flying mounts in TBC, I really like them, but I find a certain charm in everyone being stuck on the ground again.

This isn't anything really new though. The Thunder Isle and Isle of Giants are the same, just like Tol Barad back in Cataclysm.

Anoregon

I find it amusing that despite NA having what... A 12 hour head start? That an EU guild will likely be the one to get world first.

We're all to busy pledging allegiance and riding eagles.

Westlo

My man, exact same here lol.

Going to wait to next xpac to cheese that shit. (mo spells, mo talents)

EDIT - Seriously want that Paladin one, looks so awesome, as a set and also combined with Vanguard Greens from Vanilla.

pity only horde can cheat on vanguard chest lol, can't do that with my alliance paladin :( Though I did with my blood elf warrior.

mclem

Maaaan, I thought the patch would bring about balance to faction population. What my server got is horde have tripled their numbers. There's no alliance from a different server in sight :(
I don't believe that virtual realms are actually in yet. I suspect what you're seeing is the natural imbalance as lots of people converge in one place.

mclem

STILL bitter they're just glorified speed runs as opposed to Shattered Halls / Lower Blackrock Spire difficulty instead.

I'm not quite sure what you mean... although it may be a factor that I don't recall finding either of those instances particularly difficult

Boogdud

I find it amusing that despite NA having what... A 12 hour head start? That an EU guild will likely be the one to get world first.

Always easier when you can see other people's experiences prior to trying yourself ;)

Watch as eat EU guild gets to Garrosh their server undergoes 'emergency maintenance' as with Dicer..

TimeKillr

4 bosses down with little to no problems on any of them. I think a lot of normal raiding guilds will have issues with the 3rd boss Norushen because of the enrage timer and dealing w/ sending groups down. Sha of pride was surprisingly cake.

We're going to be doing Protectors tonight, and I'm 100% confident we'll get them down. Apparently the difficulty curve is much smoother in SoO than in ToT, so it helps.

I was also laughing my ass off that in the Protectors fight, as a Blood DK, I was outdpsing everyone (I was pulling something like 150k dps). Hell in some instances I was pulling something like 47k hps, out healing some of our healers... I love that fight - I'm on He Softfoot the entire fight, and it's so nice to not have to tank swap since I can just go nuts during the entire fight. It's pretty cool to be able to focus on my rotation and maximizing my dps without having to pool resources too much (normally I have to RP pool until I hit 100 just before tank swaps to ensure the mob sticks to me).

I also haven't found Riposte to be any sort of significant buff on my DPS. It's pretty much the same (basically I get 75% of my avoidance, which is at 37 or so, which is 28% crit, which typically should translate to 14% more dps but it doesn't really show).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom