• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, they work like isle of thunder rares. You have to actually make sure it's a rare spawn though, there are a lot of just normal enemies on the isle that have mechanics similar to rare spawns,

Oh, I know. Guildmates had the same problem. They were in rare groups and couldn't loot a lot of the rare mobs. When I looted, a loot table didn't come up and I stood back up immediately after the loot animation completed, but the corpse continued to sparkle like there was loot there for me. It was weird.

JCizzle

Seems like mogu runes will be 100x harder to get than elder charms were in the treasure room scenario. 2500 isn't insanely expensive, but still takes a ton more time than getting that key once a week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yea, this was a bad choice by Blizz I feel

Who will honestly bother using them though? You can easily gear yourself with 496 epics by killing monsters in Timeless Isle, get some 522 epics with your valor points(or it is justice now?), and all of this should be enough to queue for SoO LFR and ignore ToT completely.

Draxal

Who will honestly bother using them though? You can easily gear yourself with 496 epics by killing monsters in Timeless Isle, get some 522 epics with your valor points(or it is justice now?), and all of this should be enough to queue for SoO LFR and ignore ToT completely.

t15 set bonuses. t15 ret 4piece is godlike. Also transmog.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got 30 item levels on my fairly fresh 90 DK today. 455 to 485, including a 502 2-hander from my first ToT wing on the char.

Timeless isle is a pretty cool guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Timeless Isle. Got a 535 pair of boots using my Burden of Eternity and whooooop, they're 535's that are clearly underbudgeted =/

Timeless Isle. Got a 535 pair of boots using my Burden of Eternity and whooooop, they're 535's that are clearly underbudgeted =/

I'm using 502s that are upgraded. I'm hoping I can figure out how to get a burden of eternity so I can get some 535s. I'm sick of the 502s damn it. :( But I did get the boots already, so there's that.

I might not be able to log into FFXIV tonight. Gotta finish this WoW stuff off. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got 535 boots too, still better than 502 boots.

Why don't they just call them 515 boots if they are 515 boots in terms of their stats? The only thing the level even signifies is the stat budget.

Magnus

This is the first patch day I've ever missed (while being an active player). God damn life; why you gettin' so busy now!

I can't wait to crack into 5.4 this weekend.

Touch

Healing on my Druid.. oh man. Dis glyph of efflorescence + gift talent... I .. i dont think im actually playing the game. shit is just at full health and im at full mana

Boogdud

I ended up getting 3 mail items (bracers, shoulders and boots), 1 plate item (gloves) and 2 pair of cloth pants. On my rogue...

The only items I got I could use were TWO helms, TWO pair of gloves and TWO pair of boots. Thanks rng.

Also, I don't have any other alts on this server, so all that shit goes to waste unless I transfer this guy off the server.

Westlo

I ended up getting 3 mail items (bracers, shoulders and boots), 1 plate item (gloves) and 2 pair of cloth pants. On my rogue...

The only items I got I could use were TWO helms, TWO pair of gloves and TWO pair of boots. Thanks rng.

Also, I don't have any other alts on this server, so all that shit goes to waste unless I transfer this guy off the server.

How much gear you get out of hour of twilight and forge of souls day 1?

Boogdud

How much gear you get out of hour of twilight and forge of souls day 1?

I got nothing, since I hit 90 last night. I didn't get any plate, mail or cloth though. I thought that was the big draw on this? That the chests had gear for not only your class, but your spec?

Also, I thought the mobs were shared tagging as long as you were in the same faction? Doesn't appear to be the case to me.

Ultratech

Did Timeless Isle when I got home. Shit's crazy.

And some of those chests are pretty cleverly hidden.

Also did the first wing of Flex Mode. Wasn't too bad...
Immerseus: Took us like 3 tries before people finally realized they had to dps adds and heal the blue stuff.

The Fallen Protectors - Funny enough, we one-shotted this fight.

Norushen - Took several tries. On one attempt, we ended up hitting enrage, so Norushen insta-kills everyone. But yeah, lots of stuff going on.

Sha of Pride - We got stuck on this. Last attempt was at 9%.
The problems here were more with people not avoiding stuff that gives Pride and not standing in their Projections.
I'm very curious to see how LFR will handle this fight.

I was kinda disappointed since I got no loot off of the first 3 bosses we killed. :(

Nobody's taken down Garrosh yet?

Wasn't the Thunder King down super fast after 5.2?

I need answers. I want to know who's gonna be the next Warchief so I can decide how much I'm going to enjoy killing him/her when it's time for me to redo For The Alliance. :3

Gotten about 30 pieces of gear so far including 5 cloth shoulders. Just got the item to upgrade something to 535 which I'm gonna do trinket on my mage. Not sure if he always drops it or I got really lucky but I got the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent mount my first kill of the rare spawn that looks like it.

Fjordson

I like Timeless Isle, but the lag and number of people sucks right now :lol basically not a single mob untagged on the island and I can barely cast without a 5 second delay.

Westlo

Gotten about 30 pieces of gear so far including 5 cloth shoulders. Just got the item to upgrade something to 535 which I'm gonna do trinket on my mage. Not sure if he always drops it or I got really lucky but I got the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent mount my first kill of the rare spawn that looks like it.

Well you can get a burden out of a chest weekly I think, also can buy them for 35 thousand timeless coins. Someone here said they got 10k pretty easy casually playing.

I mean fuck if you're super hardcore you can probably get all the timeless gear to 535 in a week lol.

First and only loot for my weekly celestial, 30 gold. Pissed.

It hurts, right? The feel of gold when other people walked away with dem 553 gloves.

And thus, the new tier treadmill begins anew.

Also, I just saw that almost every fight in SoO has adds. Awesome. No wonder the cloak and certain trinkets are providing cleave procs. I hate add fights. :(

Well you can get a burden out of a chest weekly I think, also can buy them for 35 thousand timeless coins. Someone here said they got 10k pretty easy casually playing.

I mean fuck if you're super hardcore you can probably get all the timeless gear to 535 in a week lol.

I've opened about 12 chests so far (20ish if you count the ones you buy the keys for) and didn't get one. Got mine from a rare spawn.

Angry Grimace

The items from the upgrades are a lot worse than the equally priced trinkets; I've been told you can get a lot better returns on your money just betting getting Burdens from the gambling monkey.

Angry Grimace

I'm a little perplexed at the interest level in knowing who the Warchief is going to be. Its going to be someone voiced by Metzen or soon to be voiced by Metzen.

I see from the stream that Thrall's just standing there hanging out, hmmmmmm

Bizazedo

I don't know if it's because all the healers seem hella overpowered at the moment, but Ordos is a joke. Was an easier kill than Nalak.

Also, really disappointed in the end of the Legendary chain. Feels so underwhelming.

The graphic effects are cool, but...meh.

Cipherr

Yeah healing is... eh. Man. Did they really have to nerf my spirit shell? Some of the other healers seem to have gotten huge buffs.

But it looks like our final tier heals got a GINORMOUS buff out of fucking nowhere too, last minute patch to remove their DR... Just weird changes all around to healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom