• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

So that's what, less than 10 mogu in 6 hours versus the 6 minutes it took to kill a rare, get the key and run the scenario for 10-15 elders? That's not a very good time/reward ratio you're promoting IMO. It's crazy I'd need to spend 6 hours per character to get 1 coin per boss for last tiers raid.

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, it's just way out of whack to me.

While you're also sprouting 496 tokens out of the ass and might get a token to upgrade one to 533. I think I might get all of my alts to SoO LFR ilvl today after I sort out the 24 timeless pieces I looted during that period.

scoobs

Wtf is this for real? In 8 years I can't remember gearing to this pathetically easy lol.

I mean sure getting the gear is easy... but the gear isnt very good. In fact is kind of terrible and underbudgeted for the iLvl. What it does do is it gets your alts geared for LFR really fast, which is the point I think. Then you can go from LFR > Flex and from Flex > normal raiding and onto heroic. Seems like logical progression to me, good on Blizzard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean sure getting the gear is easy... but the gear isnt very good. In fact is kind of terrible and underbudgeted for the iLvl. What it does do is it gets your alts geared for LFR really fast, which is the point I think. Then you can go from LFR > Flex and from Flex > normal raiding and onto heroic. Seems like logical progression to me, good on Blizzard.

I don't like the idea of the gear having a fake item level though. Why not just lower the ilvl requirement and keep the gear at its actual, stat-budgeted level?

I find myself agreeing with everything Grimace is saying today. Disturbing :(.

I really need to use my Keys, I have 11 on one character and 4 on another.

I don't even say anything controversial other than that one time everyone got my case about VP being unnecessary.

Macattk15

Haha, I was watching that. They had a few attempts on Garrosh before that but I guess it got too late so they called it. I love that song though :p

I hate yyyyyoooooouuuuuuuu

So did my Warlock friend who was a group with me and saw me looting them all. I got frequent "fuck you"s.

Tacitus_

[22:39:53] Lor'themar Theron says: Bladefist Bay is fortified -- by the Sunwell, we're getting slaughtered!
[22:39:53] Lor'themar Theron says: Heroes. Port over to the docks and take out their shore defenses. Put a stop to this bloodshed.
[22:39:59] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I can raise your dead, Regent Lord. Your rangers can fight again.
[22:40:05] Lor'themar Theron says: Sylvanas! You will leave our corpses alone or I will deal with you here and now.
[22:40:11] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I'm sorry to see your lack of commitment... What of the human corpses?
[22:40:17] Lor'themar Theron says: ... well, I suppose that's between you and the Alliance, isn't it?
[22:40:17] Warlord Zaela yells: Fools! These docks are under Dragonmaw control! Your ships will burn, and you with them!
[22:40:21] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Rise, my angels! Let your screams fill the streets of Orgrimmar with TERROR!
[22:40:30] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Garrosh really has gone all-out this time, hasn't he? I expected more spikes, honestly.
[22:40:38] Warlord Zaela yells: Reinforcements to the docks! Lok'tar Ogar!

Aww, Sylvanas <3

Zaela :(

Mainline

2500 coins for 1 mogu rune is way too high, you could get 20 elder charms in about 15 minutes by finding the key and doing the scenario. Perhaps they should add some mogu runes to the troves scenario.

kirblar

[22:39:53] Lor'themar Theron says: Bladefist Bay is fortified -- by the Sunwell, we're getting slaughtered!
[22:39:53] Lor'themar Theron says: Heroes. Port over to the docks and take out their shore defenses. Put a stop to this bloodshed.
[22:39:59] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I can raise your dead, Regent Lord. Your rangers can fight again.
[22:40:05] Lor'themar Theron says: Sylvanas! You will leave our corpses alone or I will deal with you here and now.
[22:40:11] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I'm sorry to see your lack of commitment... What of the human corpses?
[22:40:17] Lor'themar Theron says: ... well, I suppose that's between you and the Alliance, isn't it?
[22:40:17] Warlord Zaela yells: Fools! These docks are under Dragonmaw control! Your ships will burn, and you with them!
[22:40:21] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Rise, my angels! Let your screams fill the streets of Orgrimmar with TERROR!
[22:40:30] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Garrosh really has gone all-out this time, hasn't he? I expected more spikes, honestly.

Aww, Sylvanas <3

Lor'themar being awesome, as usual.

Tacitus_

2500 coins for 1 mogu rune is way too high, you could get 20 elder charms in about 15 minutes by finding the key and doing the scenario. Perhaps they should add some mogu runes to the troves scenario.

To do what, exactly? Why would you go to ToT for loot in this patch?

JCizzle

Aww, Sylvanas <3

! Sounds amazing

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pretty bummed that they decided to keep Zaela loyal to Garrosh. Her whole character in cata is based on how she hates her corrupt, power-hungry, "all other races are weak" warchief. Garrosh becomes literally the same exact thing and she apparently has no problem with it.

I don't tend to get bent out of shape about "lorelol" stuff, but that one does bug me.

Tacitus_

[23:10:19] Lor'themar Theron yells: I require assistance!
[23:10:21] Lor'themar Theron yells: W...where...is this blood coming from?
[23:10:21] Lor'themar Theron falls to his knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
[23:10:25] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I can't wait to see the look on his face when I animate his corpse.

:lol
Apparently you can wipe this way :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty bummed that they decided to keep Zaela loyal to Garrosh. Her whole character in cata is based on how she hates her corrupt, power-hungry, "all other races are weak" warchief. Garrosh becomes literally the same exact thing and she apparently has no problem with it.

I don't tend to get bent out of shape about "lorelol" stuff, but that one does bug me.

I think she's supposed to have the hots for Garrosh

kirblar

If they're really increasing their content production staff by 40-80%, the implications are scary. It means that essentially their corporate overloads starved their team of resources over the years and contributed in huge part to the game's problems in Cataclysm.

sqwarlock

[23:10:19] Lor'themar Theron yells: I require assistance!
[23:10:21] Lor'themar Theron yells: W...where...is this blood coming from?
[23:10:21] Lor'themar Theron falls to his knees in defeat. Your army retreats.
[23:10:25] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: I can't wait to see the look on his face when I animate his corpse.

:lol
Apparently you can wipe this way :D

I love Sylvanas.

JCizzle

If they're really increasing their content production staff by 40-80%, the implications are scary. It means that essentially their corporate overloads starved their team of resources over the years and contributed in huge part to the game's problems in Cataclysm.

I agree with this. I feel for them.

Angry Grimace

You'll just have to tell me what it says because it just stops every five seconds. =/

Well, they did have Titan development going on, which is where most of that extra staff seems to have come from, at least a good chunk of it. I basically sat out Cata, so not much emotional investment for me there, but I think it's fine for them to consider the "next thing" after WoW. I like WoW, but I think there's still a lot or room to do something else in the MMO space, and think it's positive that big money teams at Blizzard can give it a go. Unfortnately, it seems like they were unable to come up with something better at this time. Final outcome of that appears to be a decision that WoW is it for the foreseeable future, which if you still like WoW is not that bad...

forrest

formerly nacire
Killed 7/14 bosses last night. Pretty fun raid so far. Really disliking the Timeless Isle. If I played alts or needed the 496 (or whatever ilvl they are) gear maybe it would feel worth it. So far it really is just a bunch of running around over and over again. Meh.

Tacitus_

Server maintenance incoming.

Has anyone tried the Proving Grounds stuff yet?

A guildie tried the tanking one. Said he enjoyed it a lot.

Hmm.. just got these on my alt and they really don't seem that underbudgeted:
uIQnhbg.jpg

The basic ones were something like 100 secondary stats under budget when I compared them with an LFR drop.

Angry Grimace

A guildie tried the tanking one. Said he enjoyed it a lot.

Hmm.. just got these on my alt and they really don't seem that underbudgeted:
uIQnhbg.jpg

The basic ones were something like 100 secondary stats under budget when I compared them with an LFR drop.

wjHBm00.png

The single stat ones are even worse because they only have like 1400 total secondaries.

Mainline

To do what, exactly? Why would you go to ToT for loot in this patch?

I'd still like to get a few items for my alt off spec, weapons, shields, I don't think there is tokens for those slots on the isle, plus you can still work on the legendary chain while in there. I've been playing my alt as dps but I'd like to get my tank set up to par for flex.

Tacitus_

I'd still like to get a few items for my alt off spec, weapons, shields, I don't think there is tokens for those slots on the isle, plus you can still work on the legendary chain while in there. I've been playing my alt as dps but I'd like to get my tank set up to par for flex.

Yeah, but you could go to SoO when it opens.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
swedish raid is on Garrosh now. Alliance though.

http://www.twitch.tv/tilten

I think they've got this within a couple more attempts. Now hopefully he won't skip the scene like he was threatening to do when people were spamming the channel.

Edit: Also it's pretty obvious this fight is going to be a nightmare on LFR. Looking forward to 10 stacks of determination for a couple weeks :p

Angry Grimace

+80 str, +14 first secondary, +83 second secondary, -1 socket

Seems fine to me. I looked at the shittier ones and they had -100 to secondary stats.

The socket's actual value + the socket bonus is pretty huge. Its closer on the two-stat items than the one stat ones from what I've seen, for sure, though. Not sure why it works like that.

cdyhybrid

I think they've got this within a couple more attempts. Now hopefully he won't skip the scene like he was threatening to do when people were spamming the channel.

Edit: Also it's pretty obvious this fight is going to be a nightmare on LFR. Looking forward to 10 stacks of determination for a couple weeks :p

I think I'm done with LFR now that Flex is a thing.

kirblar

You can get Flex PUGs in Trade :p Unless you're one of the poor souls on a dead server.

Need a new stream for a Garrosh kill!
Garrosh is hard. Although, especially in 10 man, it seems like you really need to spread your Healer/ranged crew out to avoid mass movement during desecrate.

And DoT the axes!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
You can get Flex PUGs in Trade :p Unless you're one of the poor souls on a dead server.

Need a new stream for a Garrosh kill!

Not a dead server by any means, but not a lot of focus on PvE either (RP server). I think our highest progression guild was 8/13 for H-ToT?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom