• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqwarlock

Wha the hell happened to Jaina, I knew something was wrong since her actions in Dalaran but even her hair and personality changed.

Also
,I think Blizzard wants to save Garrosh and be the warchief again.

Tides of War spoilers:

She barely survived the mana bomb that was dropped on Theramore (mana poisoning is what turned her hair white, pretty much), saw many of her closest friends die, and accidentally turned her apprentice, Kinndy, into dust when she tried to pick up her petrified body at the ruins of Theramore.

The game's version of the destruction is entirely different than what is presented in the book, and it makes Jaina look much less sympathetic. I prefer the book's version.

So we all were already 99% sure it was goona be Vol'jin, but when they started giving Lor'themar a bigger role in things, I thought it would be neat to completely shake up the Horde with Blood Elf leadership.

THAT would have been a swerve.

Yes, I know that Orcs wouldn't be likely to EVER follow a Blood Elf.

Still would have been fun to watch, both from a lore perspective and from a perspective of meltdowns from the fanbase.

Yeah. People who are bad and stand in stuff might have a hard time though :p

It's funny, because I can think of four people in my guild who will probably die immediately. :p

*sigh* I swear. We have people that are crazy good DPS, but get so focused on their rotations and whatnot that they don't realize they're standing in a pool of death.

Ultratech

And...my laptop died. :(

Gotta get a new battery, since it won't hold a charge anymore.

That's what I get for putting it off for so long...

So much for my Legendary Cloak anytime soon...

It's funny, because I can think of four people in my guild who will probably die immediately. :p

*sigh* I swear. We have people that are crazy good DPS, but get so focused on their rotations and whatnot that they don't realize they're standing in a pool of death.

Ugh, this is what got us on Sha of Pride last night.

The fight itself isn't hard, but people not paying attention to stuff will either get themselves or others killed easily.

Especially on Projections. 3-4 of those going off will straight up wreck people,

Touch

As a rogue, I get tunnel vision all the time on bosses. It's really a problem and I know some other rogues that have the same issue. I'm really trying to work on it though, sometimes sacrificing the insane deeps for the greater good. It's funny how something so simple as to not stand in the fire can be so impossible in practice.

Tehalemi

Hope it works out soon Ultratech.

Not sure who else is further along on Horde side towards killing Garrosh, but Gurkalicious is giving it another go after last nights server crash.

Quite a few wipes so far, but we'll see. I don't know anyone else on Horde who's streaming their runs.

sqwarlock

Actually, that's what basically killed it.

Had it plugged up like 90% of the time.

And unfortunately, that ends up messing up the battery over time.

That, and the laptop won't power on without a battery.

I know what you mean. I destroyed my old laptop's battery the same way. It's weird that it won't power on without a battery though. Mine will boot up without a battery so long as there's an external power source.

zulfate

i have been thinking of coming back to wow since i cant seem to find an MMO i enjoy, i always think of my girl on the side lines :)

is there a video or something that shows all the major patches or additions since wrath of the lich king. i never even beat that expansion.....i am kinda scared of playing all the way to 85 @_@

kirblar

i have been thinking of coming back to wow since i cant seem to find an MMO i enjoy, i always think of my girl on the side lines :)

is there a video or something that shows all the major patches or additions since wrath of the lich king. i never even beat that expansion.....i am kinda scared of playing all the way to 85 @_@
Well ...it's 90 now.

And the world has changed a lot with Cataclym - entire old world is flyable and had massive upheaval.

sqwarlock

You mean all the way to 90.

I don't know of any video or anything, but all I can say is that a lot has changed since last you played. Talent trees are completely different, there's new races, a new Azeroth, a whole new continent, and much more to discover. I highly recommend jumping back in.

I don't know of any video or anything, but all I can say is that a lot has changed since last you played. Talent trees are completely different, there's new races, a new Azeroth, a whole new continent, and much more to discover. I highly recommend jumping back in.

I agree. WoW now is a very solid experience. Solid enough where I didn't quit to play FFXIV. JUGGLING TWO, BABY

Also, I didn't finish Wrath when I was playing then either. We got to the Lich King, pulled him once, and then my guild fell apart shortly after because of Sindragosa roadblocks. >_>

Tehalemi

Not sure if this would be what you're looking for, but:

World Of WarCraft - TimeLine (2004 - 2012)

There's also Nobbel87, who really helped put a lot of the lore and speculation in the game leading up to 5.4 into perspective, for me at least.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm legitimately going to unsub if I don't start getting Secrets soon. I'm getting really, really tired of getting 1 or 2 secrets in an entire run of content I have no reason to be running other than these fucking grindy rocks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Watching a few random streams on twitch, wanting to see the horde cutscene.

I'm legitimately going to unsub if I don't start getting Secrets soon. I'm getting really, really tired of getting 1 or 2 secrets in an entire run of content I have no reason to be running other than these fucking grindy rocks.

Come join FFXIVARR dawg.

Edit: ^Watched it. I like the different dialogue perspectives.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

still need 10 secrets :(, and then gotta start the quest for runestones...

Westlo

unexpectedWarchief.png

It's just as much a fail since he was totally expected.

I got one total this week, from Lei Shen, which I guess they made guaranteed like the Runestones. /highfive bro!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Man, Blizzard seriously need to change how Albatroz riding works on the Isle. It is nearly impossible to get one right now.

cdyhybrid

DPS Proving Grounds was kinda eh. You don't take any damage. It's less "be good DPS in a raid situation" and more "look up the kill order and when to pick up the berserker buff on Wowhead".

zulfate

I agree. WoW now is a very solid experience. Solid enough where I didn't quit to play FFXIV. JUGGLING TWO, BABY

Also, I didn't finish Wrath when I was playing then either. We got to the Lich King, pulled him once, and then my guild fell apart shortly after because of Sindragosa roadblocks. >_>

Not sure if this would be what you're looking for, but:

World Of WarCraft - TimeLine (2004 - 2012)

There's also Nobbel87, who really helped put a lot of the lore and speculation in the game leading up to 5.4 into perspective, for me at least.

thanks all for the info, dont know if i should go down this hole again....decisions decision lol

DPS Proving Grounds was kinda eh. You don't take any damage. It's less "be good DPS in a raid situation" and more "look up the kill order and when to pick up the berserker buff on Wowhead".

I was pretty surprised. I figured it was going to be "How to DPS and not stand in bad", ect. Really teaching people how to do their jobs. Despite what people say, being a solid DPS isn't nearly as easy as some people think it is.

I'm wondering how I can do a healing or tanking challenge as a Windwalker though. I want the "You're doing it wrong" achievement.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got one total this week, from Lei Shen, which I guess they made guaranteed like the Runestones. /highfive bro!

Its just not fun. You have to grind and grind and grind an instance that has no purpose at all beyond the dumb rocks and your DPS is flat out noncompetitive with people who are past this stage. I'm not asking for an escalator to Everest; just throw me a frickin' bone here.

Slayerx

Its just not fun. You have to grind and grind and grind an instance that has no purpose at all beyond the dumb rocks and your DPS is flat out noncompetitive with people who are past this stage. I'm not asking for an escalator to Everest; just throw me a frickin' bone here.

I completely agree man, 6k valor was the fucking worst though.

Also, tanking proving ground was pretty fun, I wiped a couple of times on wave 10 on gold because I didn't save cooldowns for the 2 enraged mogu dudes. I need to try endless.

Tacitus_

Runestones seemed to drop like candy in SoO for the few in our group who still needed them. Try getting into a flex pug this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Loved the horde/alliance cinematics :D!

mclem

Because we're a guild of an annoying size that's a little too big for 10s, a little too small for 25s, we had our first day in Flex so the majority could get involved.

I'm liking the difficulty level there. As a guild who got through Normal ToT - but only at the start of August - it's pitched really nicely as a 'fun' level. We cleared the wing, had a reasonable ramp-up of difficulty (No wipes on first two, two wipes on third, just one on Sha of Pride). The mechanics are promising; first four fights, and the most conventional one is a council fight and even that had some interesting strategy to it.

I'm looking forward to Normal. Given ToT took us a while, I'll be very happy to just down a few bosses, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm at a stage now where I have a litany of utterly basic tips that I'll still usually have to bring out once a week or so.

"You don't top the meters when you're dead"
"Don't walk backwards. Turn and run."
"When avoiding something, think as much about where you're going *to* as what you're running *from*"

The last one's really annoying, because it happens all the time. Player is in void zone. Player panics. Player runs out of void zone. Player runs into other player / other void zone / something that explodes.

We better see Garrosh get put down in 5.5, lame that they didn't finish him. Dude is pure evil!

Calling it now:
5.5 new scenario: "Trial of the Warchief! Point out contradictions in Garrosh's Testimony"

CassSept

OK, this game has went beyond full retard for me.
I get to Timeless Isle to finish the legendary quest. I see that in the middle they are fighting Yu'lon. But something is off, she only has 75kk hp, she is going down faster than a IoT rare and generally there seems to be one giant mess. Regardless, I jump down and I get to her seconds before she dies, hit her a couple of times and Yu'lon is dead.

You won! Gloves of the Barbed Assassin

....what

Mind you, I always have terrible luck with loot, RNG Gods hate me, Nalak dropped anything for me for the first time after about 3 months of kills+coin rolls. This is the most anti-climactic I had ever gotten loot.

Re: Warchief, it would had been better if they didn't say that they consider the new warchief "unexpected". He was the most likely replacement ever since SoO was announced.

Blizzard cinematics are always the best. Made me all nostalgic and I had to go back and watch the Lich King one.

To be honest, they were never good at ending expansions. SWP had an amazing event, but both ICC and DS cinematics were terrible and made absolutely no sense (THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A LICH KING and aspects being made powerful to... errr, save Azeroth from themselves because they were too powerful? or something). This one was decent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom