• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Remains unclear what will really happen with Garrosh now.

I salute the new warchief - and here's to hoping that by the release of the next expansion all trolls looks as good as him in that final cutscene. Unlike the blocky, 30-polygon messes that they are now.

For the Horde!

strafer

Yeah, somehow I figured they wouldn't kill Garrosh. He's one the most famous Orcs.

We will see more of him. But damn, do I wish Thrall had smashed his head in with the Banhammer.

ZenaxPure

DPS Proving Grounds was kinda eh. You don't take any damage. It's less "be good DPS in a raid situation" and more "look up the kill order and when to pick up the berserker buff on Wowhead".

I think it serves its purpose pretty well. It does a good job at teaching you priority of targets and proper "don't stand in the fire" concepts (Obviously if you aren't full retard you know these things already, but, one of the goals of proving grounds is to teach you simple game concepts like that). The challenge is more supposed to be with Endless, but, I haven't tried that yet so I don't know if it gets crazy or anything. Probably will tackle it at some point tomorrow.

Fjordson

I love the flex raiding. Got three bosses down earlier and it's great not having to worry about one or two people leaving. Think we had like 13 people for the most part. And it's not as braindead as LFR as far as mechanics. Not terribly difficult, but it feels a bit more like actual raiding.

Got some sweet 540 boots off the first boss, but burned two bonus rolls that came up gold only on the last two. Some things never change :lol

Kenai

Haha, the Healing Proving Grounds is hard. Really hard. I can get up to wave 10 on endless. I got soooo close (you can drink after wave 10) but then die from literally running on fumes after wave 9 and having nothing left, At the same time i realize I'd have a hard time surviving to wave 30 for the title if I could barely do 1-10.

At least i got You're Doing it Wrong. Maybe I should try it more on my Druid instead (did about the same since LMG and stuff don't matter). They have a lot more CDs to blow than Monk, although I'll really miss the 30 sec stun

strafer

I remember this.

Garrosh's image appears.
Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?
Vol'jin's image appears.
Vision of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.
Vision of Vol'jin says: I tink ya be more like ya father den he thought, even without da demon blood.
Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You are lucky that I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.
Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya not earned my respect. And I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.
Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: And what exactly do you think that you're going to do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.
Vision of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do.
Vision of Vol'jin says: And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule swiftly and silently.
Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.
Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You have sealed your fate, troll.
Vision of Garrosh Hellscream spits at Vol'jin's feet.
Vision of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".

Acidote

I love the flex raiding. Got three bosses down earlier and it's great not having to worry about one or two people leaving. Think we had like 13 people for the most part. And it's not as braindead as LFR as far as mechanics. Not terribly difficult, but it feels a bit more like actual raiding.

Got some sweet 540 boots off the first boss, but burned two bonus rolls that came up gold only on the last two. Some things never change :lol

I just don't care anymore, just enjoy the ride. A guild mate of mine got last night two pieces of gear from ordos, one from the celestials, and two with each of the first two bosses we downed yesterday (two fist weapons from the fallen protectors, just what he needed). He won something at every single boss and roll. Me? I got a pvp item from the celestials, and I don't do the garbage this game offers as pvp. I'm sure I'll get something next week anyways.

Viremira

So glad they went down the right path for War chief, Had an argument with the other half a while back as he was adamant they'd bring back Thrall. Thinking I'll be dusting off my hordies again.

Timeless isle so far has been loot pinata for me, after taking a few months off I've got my main up to a reasonable level and two out of three alts almost fully covered from there.

Looks like I'll be spending hours there as I love to farm/grind I just feel like the only one in the world who is bummed there are no real quest hubs to play though.

CassSept

So I tried Proving Grounds.

Oh my God so boring. It's not even the scenario itself, but being pegged down to ilvl 463 is terrible. I have barely any haste and as a rogue that makes the gameplay slow and terribly boring. I now know why people say rogues are boring. Going back an entire expansion back ilvl-wise (from 530 to 463, nearly 70 ilvl) makes for one terribly boring character.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
First night of raiding, got three bosses down. My bonus roll gave me...a fucking cloak. I know blizz said that they weren't going to assume people had the legendary, but c'mon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Its just not fun. You have to grind and grind and grind an instance that has no purpose at all beyond the dumb rocks and your DPS is flat out noncompetitive with people who are past this stage. I'm not asking for an escalator to Everest; just throw me a frickin' bone here.

Yeah, it really is a bummer just how much fucking ToT you end up needing to do. Getting runestones from SoO should help considerably though, as it is actually a relevant raid dropping upgrades and not just a total waste of time for every boss that doesn't drop an orange slab, as ToT has been for months.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I tried Proving Grounds.

Oh my God so boring. It's not even the scenario itself, but being pegged down to ilvl 463 is terrible. I have barely any haste and as a rogue that makes the gameplay slow and terribly boring. I now know why people say rogues are boring. Going back an entire expansion back ilvl-wise (from 530 to 463, nearly 70 ilvl) makes for one terribly boring character.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time playing it because of how inferior my character feels.

strafer

dat moment

ispeakk3uy9.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
garrosh cinematic spoiler
panda: "my people more than any other"

what the flying fuck?
fucking panda

I think he's talking about how Garrosh desecrated and destroyed their most sacred, important place, as well as unleashed another Sha.

Also, just like, from a math standpoint, the percentage of Pandaria Garrosh fucked up is definitely higher than any other continent.

Enosh

I think he's talking about how Garrosh desecrated and destroyed their most sacred, important place, as well as unleashed another Sha.

Also, just like, from a math standpoint, the percentage of Pandaria Garrosh fucked up is definitely higher than any other continent.
bull fucking shit
theramore, ashenvale, all the alliance dead in pandaria, indirectly responsible for all the things sylvanas has done and I'm quite sure I'm missing stuff

the panda can go fuck himself

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah dude! Got my flight and hotel booked!

PS: Much like Velen and the Draenei, this is probably the last we'll see of the Pandaren :lol

Did Velen take part of the Siege of Orgrimmar? I mean, if even Gallywix helped the Horde(he did right? I mean, he is in the cinematic), it would be foolish of Blizzard to ignore Velen for the Alliance side.

Hope we see him and the draeneis again in the eventual Burning Legion expansion.

Oh man so much fun in low lvl BG's today. I thought blizzard was trying to get rid of twinks for so long but right now they're probably as strong as ever. Just went into a BG at lvl 10 with 2.6K health (and still pulling off one shots). Some of the stuff you can do at low lvls now is insane.

Worst of all that's nothing compared to what happens in some of the higher brackets like 80-84 BG's. The whole things a mess and so much of it could be fixed so easily. Not that i want them to because i'm having a great time.

Anoregon

That bridge is just to the west of Brill! Westfall is a thief!

Anoregon

bull fucking shit
theramore, ashenvale, all the alliance dead in pandaria, indirectly responsible for all the things sylvanas has done and I'm quite sure I'm missing stuff

the panda can go fuck himself

"bull fucking shit" it is not. It's also a matter of perspective. For the Alliance, the war with the horde has ebbed and flowed for years, and while things got worse with Garrosh in charge, like the bombing of Theramore, it's not like that is the worst thing that's happened in the past few years, what with the lich king and deathwing. Ashenvale is barely a blip on the radar, as the Warsong logging has been going on since before WoW even started.

For Pandaria, Garrosh is literally the single worst thing that's happened to the land and people in thousands of years.

Anoregon

Is flex raid a new type of LFR tool? Or does someone need to set up the entire party?

The latter. It's a totally different thing from LFR. You form an actual raid with people, not random queuing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The latter. It's a totally different thing from LFR. You form an actual raid with people, not random queuing.

How hard is it? If i join a random pug group asking for more DPS for a flex raid, is there a high risk that we're going to wipe for hours on the first bosses?

Thanks for the info.

Hmm now I need to make friends since my guild doesn't run these flex raids.

Btw where does everyone hang out now for Alliance? I recently reactivated, been gone for a little over a year, and now storm wind is a ghost town. Does everyone hang out at eternal blossoms?

Anoregon

Do you think Sylvanas is up to something, when she didn't bow to Voljin or is it just Sylvanas being Sylvanas?

She sort of nodded. I don't think she really cares who the warchief is one way or another, she's gonna do what she wants regardless.

BTW, next xpac will totally have Alleria coming back and somehow "curing" Sylvanas of her crazy pseudo lich queen nonsense.. She will still be the Banshee Queen and leader of the Forsaken, but not so much with the blight catapults and forcing every dead human she meets into service.

And then Varian will kill her anyway for the lulz.

strafer

She sort of nodded. I don't think she really cares who the warchief is one way or another, she's gonna do what she wants regardless.

BTW, next xpac will totally have Alleria coming back and somehow "curing" Sylvanas of her crazy pseudo lich queen nonsense.. She will still be the Banshee Queen and leader of the Forsaken, but not so much with the blight catapults and forcing every dead human she meets into service.

Probably.

Also, Baine, Gallywix and Lorthemar really need new models, when compared to Voljin and Thrall.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Do you think Sylvanas is up to something, when she didn't bow to Voljin or is it just Sylvanas being Sylvanas?

She's Sylvanas. She is always up to something. That being said I think it was more a matter Sylvanas just being Sylvanas.

I fully expect we'll end up fighting against her eventually though :p

Is Remote AH down for anyone else?

It would be awesome to see Sylvannas reuniting with her sister.

But fuck killing another Horde faction leader.

Anoregon

I have a hunch Lorewalker Cho will reappear. He's been fairly well recieved. I'd love to see Chen and Li-li again, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cho shows up regularly in future xpacs, sort of like the nessingwary safari quests or Brann Bronzebeard. Being an explorer lends itself to always showing up at the new locales.

Bizazedo

Lorewalker Cho and the "storytimes" singlehandedly saved Archaelogy in my opinion. Even ignoring that, he's an awesome character.

A lot of that is due to the writing and voice acting, though. And that voice actor is a known VA, so I hope Blizzard doesn't cheap out.

Anoregon

what are those images attempting to convey? He clearly just has magic troll legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom