• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

There will be a full-blown announcement at Blizzcon.

And this Blizzon will have:

WoW Expansion 5
Diablo 3 Expansion
MAYBE StarCraft II Expansion

Very late announcement IMO. I wonder if beta will start like the next day after announcement. 5.4 will have been out for almost two months by then and they're on the compressed schedule now for content releases.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Very late announcement IMO. I wonder if beta will start like the next day after announcement. 5.4 will have been out for almost two months by then and they're on the compressed schedule now for content releases.

Yeah, it kinda sorta means that the next expansion would have to come within 4-6 months (at the most) after the announcement.

I'd be pretty pissed if Blizzard pulled the same shit they did at the end of Wrath and Cata.

Robbler

Banned

Announced at Blizzcon.

Friends & Family Alpha after Thanksgiving

Beta starts in December.

2nd Quarter release.

kirblar

Yeah, it kinda sorta means that the next expansion would have to come within 4-6 months (at the most) after the announcement.

I'd be pretty pissed if Blizzard pulled the same shit they did at the end of Wrath and Cata.
The staff ramp up hopefully means a faster expansion timetable.

They now clearly understand that content delivery is the biggest thing they need to do to keep people active.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Is there a chance they will stream the whole blizzcon for free but at low resolutions?

And i really hope there is a Warcraft Lore Panel again this year :)

I wouldn't doubt that there will be another minor raid tier or something because there will - at the very least - be another arena season after this one (Prideful Gladiator).

RPGCrazied

Is there a chance they will stream the whole blizzcon for free but at low resolutions?

And i really hope there is a Warcraft Lore Panel again this year :)

No. It'll be Direct TV and internet stream again. Both are $40. Doubt that will change. Why can't they put it on regular PPV though? Must have signed a multi year contract with them I guess.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
No. It'll be Direct TV and internet stream again. Both are $40. Doubt that will change. Why can't they put it on regular PPV though? Must have signed a multi year contract with them I guess.

Hmm... price for me is showing R$40, which is approximately $18 :lol

kirblar

I wouldn't doubt that there will be another minor raid tier or something because there will - at the very least - be another arena season after this one (Prideful Gladiator).
Plus, there's an "Ahead of the Curve" for Garrosh, which wouldn't make too much sense if this was the final raid tier. I'm expecting a Sunwell-eque surprise.

Tacitus_

[20:47:18] Lor'themar Theron yells: Finally! I will never get all of this dust out of my robes.
[20:47:22] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Oh, you're still here? I had kind of hoped that you had perished. You would make a very attractive corpse.
[20:47:30] Lor'themar Theron yells: I will take that as a compliment. We'll hold the docks for now and marshall the forces. Vol'jin should await you at the gates of Orgrimmar.
[20:47:40] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: If he's not dead.

[20:49:30] Kor'kron Lieutenant yells: The harbor defenses have fallen! Kor'kron, fall back and move to higher ground!
[20:50:12] Baine Bloodhoof yells: Our casualties are too heavy!
[20:50:18] General Nazgrim yells: Don't be foolish, Vol'jin! You have no siege weapons left! You cannot win this battle!
[20:50:27] Vol'jin says: Ain't no other way, mon. We gotta stop Garrosh here an' now, else we be runnin' the rest of our lives.
[20:50:38] Baine Bloodhoof says: Perhaps our newfound reinforcements will aid us.
[20:50:45] Vol'jin says: Dey must have taken da docks! Ha ha! Welcome to da' fields of slaughter.
[20:50:53] Baine Bloodhoof says: Perhaps there is hope after all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Plus, there's an "Ahead of the Curve" for Garrosh, which wouldn't make too much sense if this was the final raid tier. I'm expecting a Sunwell-eque surprise.

Single boss dungeon with Garrosh escaping his trial and then you fight him again at the Shado-pan monastery. =V

Well this sucks, I'm getting zerged kill on my server on the dailies, can't do any of the new content, no garrosh until Oct 22, time to cancel.

I'll have to play again right before next expansion comes out, it's pointless otherwise on a dead server.

kirblar

Well this sucks, I'm getting zerged kill on my server on the dailies, can't do any of the new content, no garrosh until Oct 22, time to cancel.

I'll have to play again right before next expansion comes out, it's pointless otherwise on a dead server.
PvE ftw.

Timeless isle's a laggy mess on my server though.

Bizazedo

Join a PvE server / join a PvP guild?

Tacitus_

Moar RP

[21:04:12] General Nazgrim yells: You may have defeated my war machine, but the gate still stands. You will not take Orgrimmar today.
[21:04:22] Tyrande Whisperwind yells: Anu'dora!
[21:04:30] General Nazgrim yells: What? Kor'kron, to the gates! Now!
[21:04:35] Tyrande Whisperwind yells: At them, my sisters! For Kalimdor!
21:04:39] Vol'jin says: Tyrande...
[21:04:42] Tyrande Whisperwind yells: Don't think we're here to save you, troll. We're here for Kalimdor. Get forces inside the gates while we distract the enemy!

That just means that you managed to kill him before the nerf bat hits the instance.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
[20:47:18] Lor'themar Theron yells: Finally! I will never get all of this dust out of my robes.
[20:47:22] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: Oh, you're still here? I had kind of hoped that you had perished. You would make a very attractive corpse.
[20:47:30] Lor'themar Theron yells: I will take that as a compliment. We'll hold the docks for now and marshall the forces. Vol'jin should await you at the gates of Orgrimmar.
[20:47:40] Lady Sylvanas Windrunner yells: If he's not dead.

[20:49:30] Kor'kron Lieutenant yells: The harbor defenses have fallen! Kor'kron, fall back and move to higher ground!
[20:50:12] Baine Bloodhoof yells: Our casualties are too heavy!
[20:50:18] General Nazgrim yells: Don't be foolish, Vol'jin! You have no siege weapons left! You cannot win this battle!
[20:50:27] Vol'jin says: Ain't no other way, mon. We gotta stop Garrosh here an' now, else we be runnin' the rest of our lives.
[20:50:38] Baine Bloodhoof says: Perhaps our newfound reinforcements will aid us.
[20:50:45] Vol'jin says: Dey must have taken da docks! Ha ha! Welcome to da' fields of slaughter.
[20:50:53] Baine Bloodhoof says: Perhaps there is hope after all.

Fuckin Nazgrim. He deserved a better warchief.

350662-big_boss_salute.jpg

Tacitus_

[21:20:01] Eitrigg says: The Warchief ignored my council. I discovered he was building a compound beneath the caverns of Ragefire.
[21:20:11] Eitrigg says: Thrall and Saurfang have already gone down below.
[21:20:17] Eitrigg says: Go with caution. Hellscream has been assembling an arsenal down there - goblin mercenaries, pandaren artifacts, and some sort of darkness I can feel in my very soul.

Seems to be still breathing, though he's heavily bleeding. Hopefully he survive the Dark Shamans encounter.

:lol the Auctioneers in Valley Of Strength were dancing in their spots and surrounded by grunts. When we pulled the grunts they made a break for it :D

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A few people on my realm were all upset that people spoiled Vol'jin being Warchief in chat and I don't get why. Like 90% of the storyline events occur offscreen and pretty 100% of storylines will be spoiled because of the way WoW deals with its "storylines." I mean, Blizzard just announced "Garrosh is the boss" before MOP even came out and just casually announced that they were adding a scenario where Theramore explodes. Its an MMO; you cannot experience the story like a TV show.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
A few people on my realm were all upset that people spoiled Vol'jin being Warchief in chat and I don't get why. Like 90% of the storyline events occur offscreen and pretty 100% of storylines will be spoiled because of the way WoW deals with its "storylines." I mean, Blizzard just announced "Garrosh is the boss" before MOP even came out and just casually announced that they were adding a scenario where Theramore explodes. Its an MMO; you cannot experience the story like a TV show.

I spoiled it to timeless isle on my server literally as soon as possible, I was watching the world first stream

tumblr_m2t5spCq0q1r4ljuuo1_500.png

Angry Grimace

I spoiled it to timeless isle on my server literally as soon as possible, I was watching the world first stream.

I literally don't even consider it a "spoiler." The vast majority of the Warcraft story simply told to everyone by Chris Metzen at a Blizzcon panel. The fact that Garrosh Hellscream would be the final boss spoiled literally every single other story element in MOP, so I don't understand how someone would be upset to figure out what happens in that hyper-predictable cutscene.

kirblar

I literally don't even consider it a "spoiler." The vast majority of the Warcraft story simply told to everyone by Chris Metzen at a Blizzcon panel. The fact that Garrosh Hellscream would be the final boss spoiled literally every single other story element in MOP, so I don't understand how someone would be upset to figure out what happens in that hyper-predictable cutscene.
Once I realized why they had used the "Zandalari Troll Empire" (It's the Troll version of what Garrosh is attempting) it was clear Vol'jin was getting the job.

Angry Grimace

Once I realized why they had used the "Zandalari Troll Empire" (It's the Troll version of what Garrosh is attempting) it was clear Vol'jin was getting the job.

When are we going to go kill Rasta'khan anyways? I don't see where he's fitting in the future of WoW.

Also, who's the Panda racial leaders now?

Anoregon

When are we going to go kill Rasta'khan anyways? I don't see where he's fitting in the future of WoW.

Also, who's the Panda racial leaders now?

Who were they before? I honestly couldn't even tell you the names of any of the dead golden lotus people, and with Taran Zhu and Cho still alive, it doesn't seem like much as changed.

Or are you talking about houjin dude and tuishi lady?

Angry Grimace

Who were they before? I honestly couldn't even tell you the names of any of the dead golden lotus people, and with Taran Zhu and Cho still alive, it doesn't seem like much as changed.

Or are you talking about houjin dude and tuishi lady?

The actual current Pandaren racial leaders are Aysa Cloudsinger and Ji Firepaw because the actual Pandaria pandas are neutral.

The problem going forward is that Aysa and Ji declare their love for each other and apparently elope in the middle of Siege of Orgrimmar.

I guess we could keep up "you're time-traveling when you're in Northrend" thing, but that would be weird.

Tacitus_

The actual current Pandaren racial leaders are Aysa Cloudsinger and Ji Firepaw because the actual Pandaria pandas are neutral.

The problem going forward is that Aysa and Ji declare their love for each other and apparently elope in the middle of Siege of Orgrimmar.

The one who went with the Horde was found bleeding in the middle of the Valley of Strength and he got carried away by the alliance panda.

[23:17:19] General Nazgrim says: In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down. May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...

We reached him just by the end of our raid time and I said "lets do one pull for shits and giggles" and we oneshot him :DDDD

Anoregon

yeah, houjin dude and tuishi lady. I didn't know they finally broke the romantic tension. She was always such a cold fish.

Angry Grimace

The one who went with the Horde was found bleeding in the middle of the Valley of Strength and he got carried away by the alliance panda.

[23:17:19] General Nazgrim says: In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down. May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity...

We reached him just by the end of our raid time and I said "lets do one pull for shits and giggles" and we oneshot him :DDDD

... what romance?

She basically rushed in yelling "I'm so sorry, lets stop fighting! AAAH SO MUCH BLOOOOD, I WILL SAVE YOUUUUUU"

Aysa and Ji only have backstory in the Panda opening levels where Ji's apparently had a thing for her while they lived on the Turtle, but then they have a falling out over how to solve the problem of the crashed airship on the Island.
So then in Orgrimmar she tells him they're going to go back and be together on the Turtle so I guess they resolved it. So unless they have like an offscreen falling out, I don't know how that works having them both hanging around SW/Org.

Ryan_

sigh

only for the lore I would come back to WoW now... but I don't have pandaria nor a lvl 90 nor playtime. It is nice to see what you guys are saying about it

Bizazedo

Our first raid night is tonight for SoO.....but reading all of these anecdotes, what're the thoughts on the overall difficulty level?

Anoregon

So do the chests on the Timeless Isle respawn? I think I have found all of them on all my toons.

The majority are lootable once per character, and until you loot them they are fairly static. There are a couple daily chests and a weekly, though.

Tacitus_

Aysa and Ji only have backstory in the Panda opening levels where Ji's apparently had a thing for her while they lived on the Turtle, but then they have a falling out over how to solve the problem of the crashed airship on the Island.
So then in Orgrimmar she tells him they're going to go back and be together on the Turtle so I guess they resolved it. So unless they have like an offscreen falling out, I don't know how that works having them both hanging around SW/Org.

Oh. I didn't pick up on the romance when I played through the panda starting zone.
Our first raid night is tonight for SoO.....but reading all of these anecdotes, what're the thoughts on the overall difficulty level?

Depends on your gear. It's pretty face rollable for the first 4 bosses and then it starts to get more difficult. Though some of the later bosses in the 2nd wing were pretty much face rollable as well.
We are pretty well geared though, most of us are in mostly HC ToT gear with the average ilvl around 540.

Angry Grimace

Oh. I didn't pick up on the romance when I played through the panda starting zone.

Depends on your gear. It's pretty face rollable for the first 4 bosses and then it starts to get more difficult. Though some of the later bosses in the 2nd wing were pretty much face rollable as well.
We are pretty well geared though, most of us are in mostly HC ToT gear with the average ilvl around 540.

I thought it was pretty obvious, but Ji's got a couple of optional lines where he asks you for advice on hitting on her.

Bizazedo

We're average 535 across the raid, probably. Only 3/10 HC, but didn't spend a lot of time in Heroics since we started normals late in the patch cycle.

Guess I better read up on more than the first three, then.

Tacitus_

We're average 535 across the raid, probably. Only 3/10 HC, but didn't spend a lot of time in Heroics since we started normals late in the patch cycle.

Guess I better read up on more than the first three, then.

They're pretty much "don't stand in shit, kill adds when needed" types of fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom