• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

is there some place I can watch all the cinematics? Like also the dialogues between voljin and Sylvanas and all the rest?

Tacitus_

So I guess Timeless Isle is not a place for fresh 90s...
Not for straight up grinding. You can hunt chests and zerg down the rares with a bunch of other people (just be quick on your feet so you don't die to random aoe). Oughta get you geared up soon-ish since the chests and rares drop a load of armor tokens.

is there some place I can watch all the cinematics? Like also the dialogues between voljin and Sylvanas and all the rest?

Youtube probably? I'll be posting the lines I see as I go through the raid (8 bosses down as of now) so if you don't mind no voice acting, they'll be here eventually.

Ryan_

Not for straight up grinding. You can hunt chests and zerg down the rares with a bunch of other people (just be quick on your feet so you don't die to random aoe). Oughta get you geared up soon-ish since the chests and rares drop a load of armor tokens.

Youtube probably? I'll be posting the lines I see as I go through the raid (8 bosses down as of now) so if you don't mind no voice acting, they'll be here eventually.

perfect! Thanks man, i'll just check regularly

Neverfade

So i have a decent amount of Valor now.... but where do I spend it? Lots of the old factions got changed to justice, which i have less of (and am trying to save for an heirloom). Granted, I've not not started grinding all of these reps yet, but if someone could point me to a place that wants my points, I'd appreciate it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So i have a decent amount of Valor now.... but where do I spend it? Lots of the old factions got changed to justice, which i have less of (and am trying to save for an heirloom). Granted, I've not not started grinding all of these reps yet, but if someone could point me to a place that wants my points, I'd appreciate it.

Your only option is the Shado-Pan Assault vendor. There's one on the back of the Niuzao Temple.

kirblar

You get Justice via grinding heroic runs- Extra valor not converting to justice is...really dumb.

Buy 522 items only w/ Valor. Don't upgrade unless you're going to hit the cap.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

None of those JP items have a rep requirement anymore, so you don't need it. You do for Shado-Pan, but the rep. requirements are lower than they used to be.

The JP vendor in Krarasang for your faction has slightly better gear available as well. No rep requirement.

Just bought a virtual ticket. :( Being a big blizzard fan that I am, I caved. I hope to get a mount this year.

hey if they are giving a turtle mount give a me a spare one.

Aysa and Ji only have backstory in the Panda opening levels where Ji's apparently had a thing for her while they lived on the Turtle, but then they have a falling out over how to solve the problem of the crashed airship on the Island.
So then in Orgrimmar she tells him they're going to go back and be together on the Turtle so I guess they resolved it. So unless they have like an offscreen falling out, I don't know how that works having them both hanging around SW/Org.

Well mostly most of the male pandaren are fell in love with her but she didnt show any emotions towards Ji or anyone, kinda cliche how they fell in love in the middle of the war.

Aysa and Ji got together?

They're just making this all too obvious that we're likely going to be cooperating for a joint offensive against the Leigon.

Anyway, that's adorable. <3

RPGCrazied

Wait, what, I thought the drop rate in the older raids have had dropped rates increased? I'm talking about the raids before ToT. I just did the first two wings in MSV, and I got 0 items. So much for starshatter tonight, lol.

JCizzle

Wait, what, I thought the drop rate in the older raids have had dropped rates increased? I'm talking about the raids before ToT. I just did the first two wings in MSV, and I got 0 items. So much for starshatter tonight, lol.

It's still only like a 30% chance per boss

TimeKillr

Ok so I have a question.

We're doing Norushen at the moment, and my co-tank, who is a warrior, is completely unable to survive his test.

This fucks us over because if he can't survive his test, it's a guaranteed wipe because I have to go in and it messes up the timing on the tank swap.

Does anybody have any idea how the hell he can survive the tanking test as a warrior? The only thing we've seen is doing Spell Reflection on Hurl Corruption, but he *always* dies to Piercing Corruption + the other unavoidable stuff. He doesn't really have any reliable self-heal (Impending Victory is on a 30 second cooldown and that's all it does, really) so we're really wondering. He does Piercing Corruption FAR too often to have a CD ready for every application, so we really are stuck.

The only thing I was able to suggest to him is to stack up on stamina since his HP is kinda low (I'm sitting at around 900k, more or less, when fully raid buffed, and he's a little over 700k).

Anybody has any idea?

Angry Grimace

You can just buy a 476 from Timeless Isle for like 7500 coins, right?

Touch

Yeah, I have done LFR on all my toons and only got gold bags + 2 Runestones on my main (which is good no complaints). Not too sure about the loot drop rate increase.

On the other hand, I got my 4th alt (druid) to 501ilvl thanks to Timeless Isle. Healing is so fun now thanks to certain gylphs. I'm still in mostly Boomkin gear though. It's a hard choice playing between the specs.

Tehalemi

About 24k coins so far, getting the hang of where rares spawn and how to at least survive some of the encounters without dying but it'll take a little while yet. :p

An active build of Diablo III's X-Pack was received/datamined by DiabloFans today btw. Everything's spilling out about it.

:eek:

just me or is Jaina Proudmoore getting really really bloodthirsty like abnormally wanting to take out the horde?

She said to dismantle them.

I don't think that meant a brawl with all of the Horde's leaders right there in the room, but the Alliance certainly had the power at that moment to finish the Horde before it had a chance to rebuild itself.

Doesn't matter though. If they get out of line again, we'll put them down permanantly. :3

Rokam

I got an idea lets try and dismantle the Horde while the leader of the Forsaken (with the Valkyr somewhere in the city) is standing in an area with shitloads of dead bodies.

cdyhybrid

I got an idea lets try and dismantle the Horde while the leader of the Forsaken (with the Valkyr somewhere in the city) is standing in an area with shitloads of dead bodies.

Jaina lost her mind after Theramore, she's just going to do something stupid and get either herself or a bunch of other people killed.

Westlo

So it looks like the dupers have found a way to dupe Dragon Kites and Ethereal Soul-Traders in addition to Spectral Cubs. Like I'm seeing this spammed heaps in the last half an hour

WTS Spectral Tiger Cub 55k Dragon Kite 60k Ethereal Soul-Trader 120k

I picked up my tiger cub off the Ah, it was def a dupe and leveled up to 25 (dupes are sold @ level 6) but I didn't care, it was on the AH, had the charge fixed and it would've cost 200k alone pre dupe.

I'll probably pick up a Dragon Kite as well @ that price, hopefully once LFR opens and stuff starts flying off the AH i can get a 2xsoul traders + another tiger cub and dragon kite, 1 set for me, 1 set to sell @ level 25 a year down the track with this dupe is fixed and they're back to normal prices.

Just finished leveling up a holy Pali only using the LFD tool. Kind of wish I picked up some ret gear along the way. I can't kill anything on the Timeless Isle now :(

Westlo

Just finished leveling up a holy Pali only using the LFD tool. Kind of wish I picked up some ret gear along the way. I can't kill anything on the Timeless Isle now :(

All you have to do is open chests and you'll get enough ret gear. But once those chests are opened (apart from the couple of daily and weekly chests, majority is one time only) you'll have to join rare kill packs.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just took advantage of that free 7 days promotion and holy fuck faction change is $30??? Some other gaffers and I are rerolling on a better server (our old server is complete ass--virtual realms or not) and it'll cost me $45 to bring one fucking 90 over. Jesus that upsets me. Hope they do another 50% deal soon.

Cipherr

All you have to do is open chests and you'll get enough ret gear. But once those chests are opened (apart from the couple of daily and weekly chests, majority is one time only) you'll have to join rare kill packs.

Oh wow, are all the big chests 1 time only? I thought after a week they would come back... I mean, the only things in them are the coins, armor tokens and the 535 upgrade thingies in that ONE chest on the island.

Anbokr said:
Just took advantage of that free 7 days promotion and holy fuck faction change is $30??? Some other gaffers and I are rerolling on a better server (our old server is complete ass--virtual realms or not) and it'll cost me $45 to bring one fucking 90 over. Jesus that upsets me. Hope they do another 50% deal soon.

Some time back I did all the xfers for my characters to Stormrage a high pop server. But I was basically just using some of the money I got for free from selling stuff on the Diablo 3 AH that paid out to me via paypal. It would have been way to expensive to move my characters over if I had to actually spend the money.

mclem

d2cpAZb.png

hmm...
First thing I thought when I saw your picture?

"Better hand in that quest"

Plus, there's an "Ahead of the Curve" for Garrosh, which wouldn't make too much sense if this was the final raid tier. I'm expecting a Sunwell-eque surprise.

That's not simply representing "Defeating him before levelling beyond 90"?

[21:20:01] Eitrigg says: The Warchief ignored my council. I discovered he was building a compound beneath the caverns of Ragefire.
Isn't the word "counsel"?

mclem

Does anybody have any idea how the hell he can survive the tanking test as a warrior? The only thing we've seen is doing Spell Reflection on Hurl Corruption, but he *always* dies to Piercing Corruption + the other unavoidable stuff. He doesn't really have any reliable self-heal (Impending Victory is on a 30 second cooldown and that's all it does, really) so we're really wondering. He does Piercing Corruption FAR too often to have a CD ready for every application, so we really are stuck.

Piercing corruption overrides at least *some* mechanics. Dunno if it overrides % reductions, but I believe it does override shields.

Hurl corruption is interruptible.

The only two things that aren't avoidable are piercing and burst, IIRC, and neither does all that much damage, as best as I can determine.

We're struggling on Norushen ourselves, although from our perspective it's a DPS issue, we think. Lots of enrage at 25% or so. Wonder if we're getting too many of the DPS purified.

TimeKillr

Piercing corruption overrides at least *some* mechanics. Dunno if it overrides % reductions, but I believe it does override shields.

Hurl corruption is interruptible.

The only two things that aren't avoidable are piercing and burst, IIRC, and neither does all that much damage, as best as I can determine.

We're struggling on Norushen ourselves, although from our perspective it's a DPS issue, we think. Lots of enrage at 25% or so. Wonder if we're getting too many of the DPS purified.

Yeah, I was reading and it seems he needs to make sure he has Shield Block up to block the Piercing Corruption. He can't do anything about Burst, but that's not that bad.

Piercing does around 600k damage, and even if it's reduced, it still is pretty bad for him as it essentially one-shots him if it's used after Burst. :(

We'll see what we can do. If you get the enrage, it probably is because you don't have *enough* DPS purified. Who's soaking the orbs?

mclem

Yeah, I was reading and it seems he needs to make sure he has Shield Block up to block the Piercing Corruption. He can't do anything about Burst, but that's not that bad.

Piercing does around 600k damage, and even if it's reduced, it still is pretty bad for him as it essentially one-shots him if it's used after Burst. :(
This worries me. I'm sure I'm not taking anything *close* to 600k damage from piercing. Is that 25-man, perhaps? I'd dig out numbers from World of Logs if it was actually possible to parse them yet.

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-780qirdkzuo733i9/details/133/ - I'm taking 150k damage, on average, from Piercing. I'm a paladin, though, so I'm not sure if there's a subtle mechanic that affects that. Unfortunately, since I was doing the logging, I have very little info from my warrior cotank.

We'll see what we can do. If you get the enrage, it probably is because you don't have *enough* DPS purified. Who's soaking the orbs?

We're purifying all the DPS, going with - in the end - 1 DPS 1 tank going in first, 2 DPS going in second, and then 1 DPS 1 tank in each subsequent one until all DPS are sorted. Not bothering with healers.

Tanks are soaking the orbs.

I'm thinking there's actually some prioritisation that's going wrong. We do need to persistently remind people to swap to adds.

To be fair, we've not had a go yet where everything's gone smoothly; it may simply be solvable by having no-one die/take unnecessary damage.

Nugg

Plus, there's an "Ahead of the Curve" for Garrosh, which wouldn't make too much sense if this was the final raid tier. I'm expecting a Sunwell-eque surprise.

Of course there will be a new raid tier. It's just not going to be a in the Pandaria cycle. It's going to be the first tier of the next expansion and you're supposed to beat Garrosh before that.

Best case scenario, we get another Halion style boss.

TimeKillr

This worries me. I'm sure I'm not taking anything *close* to 600k damage from piercing. Is that 25-man, perhaps? I'd dig out numbers from World of Logs if it was actually possible to parse them yet.

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-780qirdkzuo733i9/details/133/ - I'm taking 150k damage, on average, from Piercing. I'm a paladin, though, so I'm not sure if there's a subtle mechanic that affects that. Unfortunately, since I was doing the logging, I have very little info from my warrior cotank.

He's our raid leader and he typically logs, so I'll ask him if he put them up.

His gear really isn't that bad, we're talking around 522 ilvl (all of his gear is at least 522 except for one piece which is 502). It's possible he's taking more damage from it, or maybe he's not interrupting Hurling, who knows. I'll have a talk with him :)

We're purifying all the DPS, going with - in the end - 1 DPS 1 tank going in first, 2 DPS going in second, and then 1 DPS 1 tank in each subsequent one until all DPS are sorted. Not bothering with healers.

Tanks are soaking the orbs.

I'm thinking there's actually some prioritisation that's going wrong. We do need to persistently remind people to swap to adds.

To be fair, we've not had a go yet where everything's gone smoothly; it may simply be solvable by having no-one die/take unnecessary damage.

See I know for a fact (because we did it this way, except I was the sole tank going in) that you should *really* do tank+dps, healer+dps, tank+dps, healer+dps, tank+dps. Once you do that, you should technically have all 5 dps purified, 2 out of 3 of your healers that are purified (and you could go in once more). Doing that you'll ensure that you never have 2 big adds up, as they are the #1 source of crazy unavoidable damage on this. 2 at once is crazy dangerous - if you only have one, it smoothens up raid damage while making sure soaking the orbs is much easier.

I do still believe the enrage timer on this boss is way too low, but that's me. It used to be 10 minutes on the PTR (and DBM is still fucked and still shows 10 minutes) but it's now 7 minutes, which is too low.

mclem

See I know for a fact (because we did it this way, except I was the sole tank going in) that you should *really* do tank+dps, healer+dps, tank+dps, healer+dps, tank+dps. Once you do that, you should technically have all 5 dps purified, 2 out of 3 of your healers that are purified (and you could go in once more). Doing that you'll ensure that you never have 2 big adds up, as they are the #1 source of crazy unavoidable damage on this. 2 at once is crazy dangerous - if you only have one, it smoothens up raid damage while making sure soaking the orbs is much easier.

We've actually been okay with two adds at once, oddly. There's only one phase where we plan for it to happen, and we can handle that reasonably well with CDs.

The bit I'm wondering about is perhaps we've been neglecting the healers - we did have one wipe due to the AoE damage as he gets low. Perhaps purifying a healer would alleviate that.

Actually, one thing has just struck me as perhaps a notable problem: I wonder if people aren't *noticing* the gold balls spawning. I certainly don't, although from my perspective it's more 'run off to a gold ball as soon as the cotank taunts off me', so I'm not really reacting to the spawns as such.

Further thoughts: Does corruption level affect damage to the *adds*, or only to the *boss*?

I do still believe the enrage timer on this boss is way too low, but that's me. It used to be 10 minutes on the PTR (and DBM is still fucked and still shows 10 minutes) but it's now 7 minutes, which is too low.

I think I'd agree with that. I think one extra minute would make a world of difference.

Ultratech

Yeah, that got us the first time we hit enrage.
DBM still showed 2 min left, then everyone got insta-killed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pfffffftttt. We'll see about that.

Naa it's cute, the alliance actually think they invaded the horde captiol and killed our warchief, when in reality we just let them help us take out one jerk and his faction of diehards. KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE, ALLIANCE BROS. SOMEDAY YOU MIGHT WIN AT SOMETHING!

TimeKillr

We've actually been okay with two adds at once, oddly. There's only one phase where we plan for it to happen, and we can handle that reasonably well with CDs.

The bit I'm wondering about is perhaps we've been neglecting the healers - we did have one wipe due to the AoE damage as he gets low. Perhaps purifying a healer would alleviate that.

Actually, one thing has just struck me as perhaps a notable problem: I wonder if people aren't *noticing* the gold balls spawning. I certainly don't, although from my perspective it's more 'run off to a gold ball as soon as the cotank taunts off me', so I'm not really reacting to the spawns as such.

Further thoughts: Does corruption level affect damage to the *adds*, or only to the *boss*?

I guess if the double big adds only happens once you can be good if you manage CDs well.

Yesterday we assumed the corruption only affected damage to the boss, and not the adds, so we had a Rogue on add duty who did nothing but burn down the adds. I'm not 100% sure if it had any sort of effect.

How do you guys handle the positioning for the small adds?

I think I'd agree with that. I think one extra minute would make a world of difference.

Yeah, that got us the first time we hit enrage.
DBM still showed 2 min left, then everyone got insta-killed.

Yeah, one extra minute would make it much more manageable. It's just a bitch of a fight, really - I love how Blizzard is saying "the progression is much smoother this time around" yet this third boss has a stupidly strict enrage timer and weird mechanics that are fucking you over in terms of DPS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom