• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

How do you guys handle the positioning for the small adds?
Shout at DPS until they capitulate, mainly.

I'll generally revolve myself such that I'm blocking the one of the adds that spawns, and ideally they're dying quickly enough that that's all that's needed. They're stunnable, which I didn't know at first, and that's proved useful occasionally when a second one has spawned while I'm still stuck at the first. If all *does* go to pot, then it'll only really buff the boss, and tank death to the boss isn't really the problem with this fight. Besides, I've usually got CDs handy; if things go okay in the test realm, I don't really need them on the inside and can keep them for emergencies on the outside.

The biggest problem with both the small adds and the purple explodey orbs when the large adds die is the beam forcing me away from where I need to be. I've got a bit more comfortable with it now, though; early on I was a little too nervous about the beam and running a little too quickly.

Yeah, one extra minute would make it much more manageable. It's just a bitch of a fight, really - I love how Blizzard is saying "the progression is much smoother this time around" yet this third boss has a stupidly strict enrage timer and weird mechanics that are fucking you over in terms of DPS...

Well, I dunno on that one. I'm not comfortable to say yet that I comprehend the fight well enough to say that it's too strict on DPS, I think there might be minor ways we're screwing up that make a bigger difference than I might be aware of. Compare and contrast with Durumu, which I'm quite certain is a bit too tight for weaker guilds!

I notice Icy Veins still hasn't updated their Fallen Protectors guide (the fight was changed from the PTR such that giving the Mark of Anguish to the tank left the tank with a huge -armour debuff). I wonder how many guilds will suffer from that...

Lordy those elementals by Ordos Sanctuary don't fuck around. Seems the best option is to leave them to hunters and warlocks while the melee watch :(

Also, the rewards for killing a High Priests of Ordos is not commensurate with how hard they are to kill. This rep grind is brutal.

mclem

Lordy those elementals by Ordos Sanctuary don't fuck around. Seems the best option is to leave them to hunters and warlocks while the melee watch :(

I soloed one yesterday in the process of getting myself the burning chest.

There's a fundamental flaw with approaching them as a tank. All their abilities are avoidable, which is great, and if one *does* hit you it's unpleasant but non-fatal (Two, on the other hand, probably *is* fatal).

But as a tank? As I said, *ALL* of the abilities are avoidable. Meaning nothing hits you. Meaning no Vengeance whatsoever. Ye gods, the fight took an age.

Towards the end I did twig that I could charge up my massive self-heal and then *deliberately* take a hit to get some Vengeance to work with, which at least gives something to work with, but it's still less than ideal.

Fjordson

Anyone in here play an enhancement shaman? Been thinking about making an alt lately (a serious one that I'll actually try to get 90) and enhancement seems fun. Plus shaman is the one class I've never really played, like not even once, and I have a bunch of mail BoA's. Might as well try it.

JCizzle

Anyone in here play an enhancement shaman? Been thinking about making an alt lately (a serious one that I'll actually try to get 90) and enhancement seems fun. Plus shaman is the one class I've never really played, like not even once, and I have a bunch of mail BoA's. Might as well try it.

Yes, it's a very fun spec IMO. I like the concept of mixing in elements, casts, shocks, etc into a melee class. You have tons of damage sources. Please know that it can be pretty rotational though, especially your primary moves that are basically limited by cooldown - not a resource. Also, it's very cooldown driven in terms of hitting those big dps numbers.

Bizazedo

mclem said:
I notice Icy Veins still hasn't updated their Fallen Protectors guide (the fight was changed from the PTR such that giving the Mark of Anguish to the tank left the tank with a huge -armour debuff). I wonder how many guilds will suffer from that...

That explains the huge damage I was taking.

Eh, doesn't matter, it can still be tanked through. Burn a cooldown or so. I survived it as a Warrior with the Anguish on me the whole time and it never killed me.

Honestly, the hardest part of that fight seemed to be Rock's Desperate Measures (for our guys) and Calamity.

Towards the end I did twig that I could charge up my massive self-heal and then *deliberately* take a hit to get some Vengeance to work with, which at least gives something to work with, but it's still less than ideal.

I think the AOE the elemental does that's a full circle does the least damage. I was only eating 200k some damage from it.

And the reward for killing one is 30 rep and 2 lesser charms. Yay!

And timeless coins!

JCizzle

Also, the rewards for killing a High Priests of Ordos is not commensurate with how hard they are to kill. This rep grind is brutal.

It's really unfair how much of an advantage those classes have in these zones. I have a warlock and it's fun for that character, but sucks on everyone else that can't even come close.

Fjordson

Yes, it's a very fun spec IMO. I like the concept of mixing in elements, casts, shocks, etc into a melee class. You have tons of damage sources. Please know that it can be pretty rotational though, especially your primary moves that are basically limited by cooldown - not a resource. Also, it's very cooldown driven in terms of hitting those big dps numbers.
That bolded basically nails why it looks so interesting to me, haha. And like I said, it'll be 100% fresh for me. Thanks for the info.

Wonder if I should grab the fist weapon BoA from the brawler's guild then. Justice capped right now and I never do shit with them.

Tacitus_

Hah, I basically shit all over them as a warlock. Blueberry takes practically no damage from them as they do mostly aoe damage. Then again warlocks shit all over the island on the whole. I've soloed two of those Ordos followers that summon magma golems at the same time and I soloed the rare elite that spawns at Ordos' courtyard.

JCizzle

Hah, I basically shit all over them as a warlock. Blueberry takes practically no damage from them as they do mostly aoe damage. Then again warlocks shit all over the island on the whole. I've soloed two of those Ordos followers that summon magma golems at the same time and I soloed the rare elite that spawns at Ordos' courtyard.

The only one that kills me is kilnmasters, I don't get them at all. They'd randomly charge me, take 80% of my health, then repeat again 15 seconds later. No cast time I could see, just insta-gibbed.

Would love any tips for them. I'm likely missing something.

Bizazedo

I've burned two Burdens of Eternity on rings trying to improve my alt-spec. Both rings I've gotten have been crap for a dps Arms Warrior (and obviously underbudgeted).

Depressing. Feels like Diablo.

The only one that kills me is kilnmasters, I don't get them at all. They'd randomly charge me, take 80% of my health, then repeat again 15 seconds later. No cast time I could see, just insta-gibbed.

First off I hate you warlocks and your damned pets... *Mumbles something about tanking Elemental Shammy pets*.

OK, the key for those is to be next to them. If you're more than 20-25 yards away they will charge you.

kirblar

I've burned two Burdens of Eternity on rings trying to improve my alt-spec. Both rings I've gotten have been crap for a dps Arms Warrior (and obviously underbudgeted).

Depressing. Feels like Diablo.
Timeless Isle is designed to catch characters up, not replace other means of gear acquisition.

RPGCrazied

I haven't seen any burden's yet. Do they only come in certain chests? I've opened pretty much every type chest on the isle, even on firewalker path, but I have yet to get one.

Tacitus_

The charge has a minimum range. Stay near them.

I haven't seen any burden's yet. Do they only come in certain chests? I've opened pretty much every type chest on the isle, even on firewalker path, but I have yet to get one.

Rare drop from chests / maybe monsters, one guaranteed (per char? per week?) from a specific chest in Ordon Sanctuary.

Bizazedo

Timeless Isle is designed to catch characters up, not replace other means of gear acquisition.

I know.

S'why I specified alt-spec.

Trying to replace a 483 ring.

The Diablo reference was more along the lines of using the Burden and "rolling" the stats and them coming back crap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to just say F-it and buy a Shado-pan ring since don't need the Valor for my primary spec at the moment. Was playing around with the Burdens for the spec with gear ranging from 483 (just one item) to 530.

So Orgrimmar will reamin unchanged with orc guards until the next expansion right? Will be awkward to see troll defending the capital.

just me or is Jaina Proudmoore getting really really bloodthirsty like abnormally wanting to take out the horde?

She is becoming Arthas, Behold the queen lich.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
T15 is the best mage set ever:
NtWL8Dv.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So Orgrimmar will reamin unchanged with orc guards until the next expansion right? Will be awkward to see troll defending the capital.

It looks like that Vol'jin will be the figurehead of the Horde for the foreseeable future, but I don't think much will change with regard to the orc presence in Org. I think it likely that Thrall is staying in the Horde as the orc racial leader, just not the overall Horde leader, and Org is very much his city, so I expect it will just be thrall-loyal orcs taking up the guardposts now that Garrosh's Ko'Kron are done.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
New models can't come soon enough, Blizzard plz

I'd be pretty upset if undead lost their boney arms in the revamp. What's the point of being undead if you just look like a human with bad posture when wearing armor?

TheYanger

yay unbanned. I'm digging this patch quite a bit so far, the new raid is fun (albeit easy as balls on flex and normal) and the isle has a lot of stuff to do.

Tacitus_

I'd be pretty upset if undead lost their boney arms in the revamp. What's the point of being undead if you just look like a human with bad posture when wearing armor?
I hate how it breaks the armors :<
At least when you're wearing a dress as a caster it only breaks the elbows and the toes.

yay unbanned. I'm digging this patch quite a bit so far, the new raid is fun (albeit easy as balls on flex and normal) and the isle has a lot of stuff to do.

wb, what'd you do?

Bizazedo

Honestly, while you're right, it feels appropriate for Normal. It won't destroy the casual guilds like beginning of Cata / Horridon did.

Touch

Just topped my first ever healing meter in LFR with a little over 68k hps (on rdruid) and saved the raid from wiping. Not the best but still pretty good feeling.

Enosh

wb, what'd you do?
remember when i saw him getting banned
think it was some politics or feminism or something like that thread

anyway, got the cloak finally on my shaman, third one :p
going to farm the coins tomorrow on the shaman and paladin, so will have 3 character with legndaries then
I have way too much free time...

and people saiyng flex is easy
well yes it is easy, but when you just joined a pug praying for runestone drops and you have mages with 520+ doing 50k, everyone saying "ggogogo" and "I know tacs just go" (after which they of course make it very clear they don't know shit) plus no voice communication...
yeah, not doing that shit again, gave up on third boss

Tacitus_

and people saiyng flex is easy
well yes it is easy, but when you just joined a pug praying for runestone drops and you have mages with 520+ doing 50k, everyone saying "ggogogo" and "I know tacs just go" (after which they of course make it very clear they don't know shit) plus no voice communication...
yeah, not doing that shit again, gave up on third boss

Yeah, you can't go just in without thinking. My guild went in with alts and we wiped quite a bit (partly because I sucked doing the 3rd boss as a warrior tank >___>)

Fjordson

Timeless Isle chat rivals Barrens chat. Yuck.
Yes. Yes it does.

Right now on my server there's been about a 30 minute debate about the merits of the Timeless Isle PvP. Whether it's wrong that people are killing their own faction. How many people have to be involved before the term "gank" can be applied, whether or not people are allowed to complain about being ganked on a PvP server.

It's an awfully dumb discussion any way you slice it :lol and there's plenty of "stop being bad PvE fags" and "PvP fags with nothing better to do".

Just basically 2 manned an Ordos priest with a disc priest. They seriously need to give more rep. Triple the hp of Kilnmasters and every mobs skills and only 5 more rep.

Anoregon

Well I'm on the path to getting 1 secret this week. 4 bosses left and the only one I have is the guaranteed drop off thunderking.

fuuuuuuck yooooooouuuuuuuuuu blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom