• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardbro

Neo Member
I haven't seen any burden's yet. Do they only come in certain chests? I've opened pretty much every type chest on the isle, even on firewalker path, but I have yet to get one.

You can get 2 for free, in a decent amount of time. One is located in the Blazing Chest in the Timeless isle (to the left of Ordon Sanctuary). I got here by just flying very high and landing in the area while using Divine Shield (Pally Spell) when it dismounted me. You can also get here by doing just that and having a friend rez you that landed successfully.

Another way to get there is by using the bird albatross' on the island.

The second burden is rewarded in a quest chain from Emperor Shahao (After reaching honored, and summoning/killing a Yaungol).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got a secret off mag, so at least im not totally boned for the week, and with Siege i'll very likely be done with secrets.

Fjordson

Man, I need to do a few heroics for some justice points. Still missing one piece of mail BoA for my new shaman.

Anyone else have this weird compulsion to have every appropriate BoA for their alt? Lol, it doesn't really matter at all, but I get annoyed if I have to use like a leather chest on my shaman or cloth shoulders on my druid.

Westlo

I got 4 curio's in like 15 mins on my warrior, goodbye darkmoon trinkets! Also I replaced a cata trinket on my holy paladin lol.

sucks you can't use burden of eternitys on trinkets though, seems they disalllowed it because you can purchase the 535 trinkets, bullshit imo.

Tamanon

Banned
Cracked my 80 druid out of cold storage to level up, dusted off the old Stormrage Cover. Think I'll make him a Boomkin/Guardian.

Fjordson

Aw man, I forgot you have to wait to choose a faction as a Pandaren. No heirloom set for my new shaman =[

I really, really like the intro questline for Pandaren, but doing it a second time is a bit of a drag.

Tarazet

I just spent 40 minutes failing on the gold DPS proving grounds. I suck.

I did too. That shit is buggy.. several times I had the last mob down to 80k with 3+ seconds to go when I got autofailed. It doesn't help that Feral is horrible at target-switching. The only way I can do anything on most waves is to Rake everything, but if it starts running away from me I'm done.

ZenaxPure

I did too. That shit is buggy.. several times I had the last mob down to 80k with 3+ seconds to go when I got autofailed.

I didn't run into any problems or bugs myself, got bronze/silver on my first try and would have gotten gold on my first try but I overestimated myself with the Sha man on wave 10 and didn't save any cooldowns for him so he still had like 10% left when I ran out of time.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I transferred to a PVE realm finally. I got so sick of the ganking on my realm. The alure that PVP held for me was totally destroyed on the island ;_;

Finding it much more fun now without worrying about ganks. I got my item level up to a really good amount. 6 burdens before they nerfed the chests! I just cannot get the damn chest token to drop and I've aquired over 100 (literally) tokens of various types now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Urhzoth/simple

Took my hunter out to try and find GC to tame... fuck the haters, I loved Vashj'ir =P. Once you do the intro quests and get the buff increase your movement, that + the seahorse and extended vision range make navigating underwater feel just fine, and the zone itself is beautiful. Too bad they probably won't do anything like it again cause of the backlash, but I still have hopes for Nazjatar!

ZenaxPure

Took my hunter out to try and find GC to tame... fuck the haters, I loved Vashj'ir =P. Once you do the intro quests and get the buff increase your movement, that + the seahorse and extended vision range make navigating underwater feel just fine, and the zone itself is beautiful. Too bad they probably won't do anything like it again cause of the backlash, but I still have hopes for Nazjatar!

I always got confused by the hate because swimming and flying are literally the same thing in WoW, it just felt like any other zone except you had a greater range of movement when you were not mounted.

But yeah, it's probably the most beautiful zone in the entire game, same goes for the 5 man.

yukonrye

As a hunter I want more underwater zones and the ability to tame sharks. Also I want to tame those new frogs and snakes on the Timeless Isle.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, any Balance druids on here? Wondering how they play as I haven't played mine since Icecrown Citadel.

As long as they're competitive in DPS, not asking to be top top tier.

Tacitus_

I always got confused by the hate because swimming and flying are literally the same thing in WoW, it just felt like any other zone except you had a greater range of movement when you were not mounted.

But yeah, it's probably the most beautiful zone in the entire game, same goes for the 5 man.

It was just better to level in Hyjal since you had your flying mount from the start.

Tacitus_

Humh, I thought that using the Challenge stone would be nice to grind Emperor reputation since you get a shitload of elites up by using the scroll.

NOPE.jpg

Since the rare elite does a zonewide /yell, every goddamn meathead in the zone rushes in there. Oh, all those elites? Have fun dodging 500k-1M cones from them and the endless lava golem summons which also hit like a truck. Shit turns into a shitshow in an instant. Better stick to the Courtyard.

Ultratech

As a hunter I want more underwater zones and the ability to tame sharks. Also I want to tame those new frogs and snakes on the Timeless Isle.

It was hilarious as hell using Dire Beast on the Timeless Isle and getting one of those gigantic snakes.

Too bad it got hotfixed, but it was pretty funny.

I'll have to post a picture when I get my laptop going again.

The Censer is an amazing item. I am loving it.

And now have killed every rare on the island. Satisfaction :).

Did a little reading on using the censer since I'm interested in getting the 500 coins for the mount. Were you using it in a party or successful just going solo and killing flagged people? I saw a lot of roaming bands so I assume I'll die quickly once I pop it and try to start killing people.

I think they should have done something where using the censer gave a little bit of a buff because it seems people that use the censer are a target for everyone.

Edit: Oh, and Mounts #194 and #195 got today. I finished grinding a bit of tailoring to get to 425 and then bought the mats to make my two carpets. Hopping on my paladin puts me at 197 mounts so now I just need to get three more. Pretty certain I could afford two with finishing the Mekgineer's Chopper and buying all the mats for one of the engineering mounts. Hitting 200 should happen soonish.

Ultratech

And...got my Legendary Cloak on my Hunter!

I'm back in business!

Managed to get my laptop working again today, so that was awesome.

Doing the Celestials was a pain though. Lots and lots of lag.

Proc on the cape is pretty cool though.

Too bad I have to enchant and gem the cape again...

Humh, I thought that using the Challenge stone would be nice to grind Emperor reputation since you get a shitload of elites up by using the scroll.

NOPE.jpg

Since the rare elite does a zonewide /yell, every goddamn meathead in the zone rushes in there. Oh, all those elites? Have fun dodging 500k-1M cones from them and the endless lava golem summons which also hit like a truck. Shit turns into a shitshow in an instant. Better stick to the Courtyard.

lol

Oh man, I went up and checked that out and I could do some of the lesser mobs.

But the High Priest? Nope.

Shit started getting crazy, a cone attack comes out and I pop Deterrance and get hit for 800k.

So...yeah. That wasn't happening.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So the gambling monkey nerf sucks, but I still am averaging a Burden every 30k coins or so. I have 3 535 pieces now.

I've had nothing but bad luck with Flex SoO so far. First run we made it to the 3rd boss, and I got fuck all for drops. I've since tried it a few more times, but keep getting bad Flex groups.

So the gambling monkey nerf sucks, but I still am averaging a Burden every 30k coins or so. I have 3 535 pieces now.

I've had nothing but bad luck with Flex SoO so far. First run we made it to the 3rd boss, and I got fuck all for drops. I've since tried it a few more times, but keep getting bad Flex groups.

People thinking Flex is like LFR is awesome lol.

I got through first two bosses with 2 different groups, now on 3rd.

I haven't had any luck finding a Flex raid since I didn't look until Friday.

Gotten 3 Burden of Eternity's so far (one from chest, one drop, and one from quest from Shaohao at honored) and gotten lucky with the stats so far. Got crit/haste bracers, haste/mastery ring, and hit/crit belt with them so far.

Tacitus_

lol

Oh man, I went up and checked that out and I could do some of the lesser mobs.

But the High Priest? Nope.

Shit started getting crazy, a cone attack comes out and I pop Deterrance and get hit for 800k.

So...yeah. That wasn't happening.

I can solo them if I stay on my toes, but they're just not worth the time if you're solo. Really, the only thing that kills me there is if the summoned golems aggro to my blueberry and destroy him before I can move him. The smaller elites I can still kill even with my pet dead since they hit for pittance if you kite the golems and don't stand in shit.

mclem

The Censer is an amazing item. I am loving it.

And now have killed every rare on the island. Satisfaction :).

How does PvP flagging work with the Censer? Do people get PvP flagged for attacking Censered targets? Even if they're on the same faction? Do non-Censered people recieve anything for successfully killing Censered people?

Phalanx92

So after a 3 year hiatus from WoW I have finally come back and am about to reach 90 on a Troll Shaman. I keep reading some concerning posts about the mass of things to do when you hit max level such as the overabundance of dailies. What I'd like to know is what would be the best thing to do to start gearing up my Shaman. Is it best to run heroics straight away or should I first try my luck at the Timeless Isle?

Westlo

So after a 3 year hiatus from WoW I have finally come back and am about to reach 90 on a Troll Shaman. I keep reading some concerning posts about the mass of things to do when you hit max level such as the overabundance of dailies. What I'd like to know is what would be the best thing to do to start gearing up my Shaman. Is it best to run heroics straight away or should I first try my luck at the Timeless Isle?

Timeless Isle!

Fjordson

Ugh, the starting Pandaren questline goes so slow. I've gotten too used to heirlooms :lol

On the bright side, this is reminding me of how great the Pandaren characters models are. So well animated with a ton of detail. Been said a million times already, but a facelift for the vanilla races can't come soon enough.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else have their framerate die on Hoeulon? The serpent on timeless isle that drops a mount. As soon as everyone attacks mine drops to like 10-11. Of course there is about 90 on screen, lol. Just wish I could play this game at 30fps all the time, world boss or not. Is it a video card factor or CPU?

Bizazedo

Did a little reading on using the censer since I'm interested in getting the 500 coins for the mount. Were you using it in a party or successful just going solo and killing flagged people? I saw a lot of roaming bands so I assume I'll die quickly once I pop it and try to start killing people.

I think they should have done something where using the censer gave a little bit of a buff because it seems people that use the censer are a target for everyone.

Sorry I didn't answer guys, the Isle has been murdering my OCD tendencies. 70k+ coins, already honorable, 27 bloody coins etc.

You wanted to know about the Censer though.

Blizzard is evil.

How it works.....

When you pop the censer, it has a cast time and at the end it eats 90% of your MAXIMUM health. Not current, maximum. I have killed myself popping the censer. As the censer has a 10 minute cooldown, that sucks pretty bad.

Depending on what class and PvP experience you have imo determines how you should use it. I am a Warrior so I never use it without being in a group. Two buddies, an extremely well geared Druid and a full Tyrannical Warlock, are using it in group and solo situations.

You only get a bloody coin under the following two conditions. They haven't been killed by a follower of Ordos in the last 10 minutes AND you deliver the killing blow. That sucks pretty bad for healers, but that's probably the point. Ordos is all about attacking and burning, so meh. As a result, whenever one of us loses the buff (either through death or living for 60 minutes), we let our healer in the group kill us so he can get a coin from us. Our way of saying thanks.

That's also why I only have 27 so far, my group is ranged heavy and keeps sniping the kills after I bladestorm them down.

Buffs! The Book of Ages and items like that DO NOT WORK while you follow Ordos. They appear and quickly disappear for you. Some buffs DO work, though. The fire poppy or whatever around the Sanctuary? Ordos followers can use that.

A special mention of shrines. You know the ones, where you get buffs from Nizuo, Yu'lon, etc? If you use a shrine while following Ordos, a message flashes "The shrine was corrupted by Ordos!" and a MASSIVE fire AE occurs, hitting everyone around you for 999k damage.

How does PvP flagging work with the Censer? Do people get PvP flagged for attacking Censered targets? Even if they're on the same faction? Do non-Censered people recieve anything for successfully killing Censered people?

McLem, the flagging for Ordos works like this. Consider it an entire third faction. So, Horde, Alliance, Ordos.

If you use the Censer you are no longer Horde or Alliance while it lasts. The Horde or Alliance aligned guards at your flightpaths actually turn neutral and are attackable. The Celestial Guards around the arena where the Celestials fight become actively aggro and they suck.

The reason I'm explaining it like this is that means any flagged Alliance or Horde character becomes attackable and killable BUT anyone flagged Ordos is NOT attackable, even if they're Alliance and your Horde..

So if conspiracy theorists ever wanted to see if Blizzard were testing out the possibility of a 3rd faction, tech wise, Ordos is the test.

Ordos-aligned people are considered PvP flagged and if you attack them, it does flag you. I don't know if non-Ordos killing Ordos receive anything, but as they can use Celestial side buffs I don't believe they do. A PvP squad fully buffed to specifically hunt Ordos would have the clear advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom