• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Ive been trying to get the Cloth Chest token for the past 3 days. Looted around 130 tokens total, this is whats left over after not using them.

UUzh8W6.jpg

NOT A SINGLE CLOTH CHEST, WTF!

Boogdud

Ive been trying to get the Cloth Chest token for the past 3 days. Looted around 130 tokens total, this is whats left over after not using them.

UUzh8W6.jpg

NOT A SINGLE CLOTH CHEST, WTF!

Looks familiar!

On another note, is there some secret to getting a chest from the celestrials? Fought the bird for the first time (not in a group) ended up killing him, died a few times, but still got a chest. Fought Xuen, died more times, and got nothing. Faction tagged and everything, am I missing something?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Looks familiar!

On another note, is there some secret to getting a chest from the celestrials? Fought the bird for the first time (not in a group) ended up killing him, died a few times, but still got a chest. Fought Xuen, died more times, and got nothing. Faction tagged and everything, am I missing something?

You only get chance at loot for one of those dudes once a week. So if you kill Niuzao, you won't get something from Xuen, Yu'Lon or Chi-ji

You only get chance at loot for one of those dudes once a week. So if you kill Niuzao, you won't get something from Xuen, Yu'Lon or Chi-ji

However if you're alive when the boss dies and you have the new coin, you can use a bonus roll for loot. But other than that you have yo wait until next week for loot.

Tacitus_

Ah, EU LFR <3

[IL] [90:Hängover-Poz]: OH COGLIONI KITATELO
[90:Faylania-Tar]: Vote kick tanks after this and go again
[IL] [90:Hängover-Poz]: MACHECCAZZO GIOCATE A FARE

Boogdud

However if you're alive when the boss dies and you have the new coin, you can use a bonus roll for loot. But other than that you have yo wait until next week for loot.

Ah thanks for the info. Geez all I got was some crummy coins and an epoch stone in a chest. I thought they were supposed to drop tier gear? I was alive for the kill.

Edit: nevermind, I talked to a buddy in game. Apparently, it's like a 90% drop for the shit chest and then 10% drop for an actual piece of gear (which is then another percentage on what piece you'll get). I guess I forgot what game I was playing (I've been out a long time).

DrBo42

How do you guys feel about Timeless Isle? Specifically "free" 496 epics? My vanilla WoW purist friends are up in arms about it and how not everyone deserves to see all content. Not sure how I feel about it in terms of progression and achievement but as a person out of the game for quite a while, it's nice to not have to grind out multiple tiers just to catch up. That was also part of the "fun" though. I'm conflicted. How much else is there to experience beyond Ogrimmar at the moment? I'm assuming that's the 496 ilvl raid.

Edit: Also, still trying to get a cloth chest from the island. Should I just keep spending 7500 on the armor box or buy keys from that guy and unlock the chests in his cave?

Tacitus_

Moar RP!

[20:26:47] Kor'kron Wild Gun yells: Let the intruders come this way! I look forward to crushing their skulls.
[20:26:54] Kor'kron Wild Gun yells: Of course, those cowards will likely sneak by rather than face my wrath.
[20:27:01] Kor'kron Wild Gun yells: What else would you expect from those without valor?
[20:27:07] Kor'kron Skullsplitter says: Rage is power!
[20:27:09] Kor'kron Wild Gun yells: Falling to me would probably be the greatest achievement they could hope to obtain.

[20:27:24] Vol'jin yells: Garrosh be concealin' a whole hidden base. Where did his lust for power take him?
[20:27:32] Baine Bloodhoof yells: We will soon find out. He is cornered like a rat down one of these corridors.
[20:27:41] Baine Bloodhoof yells: What should we do next?
[20:27:45] Vol'jin yells: Baine, you and your warriors hold this junction. These heroes should forge ahead an' flush the Warchief out of hiding.
[20:27:55] Baine Bloodhoof yells: What about you?
[20:27:57] Vol'jin yells: People be dyin' up above. Da city is in chaos. I'm gonna finish it - stop da bloodshed. I'll come back for ya.
[20:28:09] Baine Bloodhoof yells: ...very well.
[20:28:13] Vol'jin yells: It's gonna be fine, Baine. We gonna find Thrall, gonna kill de Warchief, gonna avenge your father.
[20:28:22] Baine Bloodhoof yells: Earthmother protect you, Vol'jin.
[20:28:26] Vol'jin yells: Hah. Darkspear never die.

[20:29:54] War Master Kragg yells: I have a limitless supply of Kor'kron at my command you fools! Surrender now and I will give you a quick death.

How do you guys feel about Timeless Isle? Specifically "free" 496 epics? My vanilla WoW purist friends are up in arms about it and how not everyone deserves to see all content. Not sure how I feel about it in terms of progression and achievement but as a person out of the game for quite a while, it's nice to not have to grind out multiple tiers just to catch up. That was also part of the "fun" though. I'm conflicted. How much else is there to experience beyond Ogrimmar at the moment? I'm assuming that's the 496 ilvl raid.

Edit: Also, still trying to get a cloth chest from the island. Should I just keep spending 7500 on the armor box or buy keys from that guy and unlock the chests in his cave?

Well they're a bunch of dicks then. And vanilla was ages ago, even TBC had catch up mechanics.

kirblar

They're catching people up because of the SoO re-sub push.

Tacitus_

Moar RP (this is a cutscene)

[20:39:03] Grizzle Gearslip says: So Garrosh thinks he can cheat ol' Grizzle out of a payday, huh?!
[20:39:08] Grizzle Gearslip says: Oh, ho ho... Hey now. What do we have here?
[20:39:13] Siegecrafter Blackfuse says: Oh, look. You're the ones that smashed up my Juggernaut.
[20:39:18] Siegecrafter Blackfuse says: Let's see how you like the newest addition to the Warchief's arsenal... the Iron Star!
[20:39:26] Grizzle Gearslip says: Go get it boys, that contraption's got nothin' on real goblin engineering!
[20:39:41] Siegecrafter Blackfuse says: Hehehehahahaha!
[20:39:45] Grizzle Gearslip says: Ahhhh! Or maybe it does. I better, um, go check on the others.
[20:40:03] Siegecrafter Blackfuse says: Aggron! Show 'em who's boss!

Spoils start:
[20:47:19] Secured Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils yells: Hey, we recording? Yeah? Okay. Goblin-Titan control module starting up, please stand back.
[20:47:28] Secured Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils yells: Checking out the datas, hold on a second will ya.
[20:47:31] Secured Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils yells: Oh, now you did it, that was really really really not the correct input code.
[20:47:38] Secured Stockpile of Pandaren Spoils yells: Activating GB-11010 "Armageddon"-class defense systems. Hey, does anybody know if we're zoned for this?

Ultratech

Did some of the Proving Grounds stuff today.

DPS was stupid easy for Bronze/Silver. It's almost a joke.
Gold puts some difficulty in there, but it's not too bad.
The last wave can mess you up if you don't time your CDs right, but that's it really.

Tanking's a bit harder...I didn't have too much trouble on Bronze/Silver.
Gold can be quite a handful once you start getting halfway through it.
I've gotten to the last wave twice now, and screwed up because of stupid stuff (either dying or having the NPC die).
Hate those stupid monkey guys though. They just LOVE to spam their Fan of Bananas.

Ripclawe

Banned

Vanilla wow people need to stop already, I have been with the game since the beginning and at this point, it is not possible to not have things like the timeless isle which gives a chance for everyone to gear up and experience the entire game. Too much content, most people don't have time and this way it gives them a boost up without getting bored.

Honestly Vanilla WoW in hindsight sucked and it was an endless grindfest.

Tamanon

Banned
The Timeless Isle is just another mechanism for catching folks and alts up, just like the endgame heroics added in Wrath and Cataclysm.

Acosta

Hey guys, a consult,

I guess it´s a common story. Since Cataclysm I have been playing less and less, I barely made to 85 with a Rogue to start Pandaria after long time without playing (I have not made any single raid for Cata or most of the dungeons, it was that bad). And in Pandaria I dropped at 87, even if I actually loved it.

I have been playing from day one, I had a undead Warlock which was my main for most time. Then I changed to Death Knight and after that a Rogue, I raised those three to 80. I had random alts, but none too developed, a 40 warrior was my most advanced one outside of that trio.

Since I Cata I have had more and more problems to remain attached to the game, I have tried some things like Arenas but nothing. The thing is, I still love WoW, each time there is some big update or news of an expansion I have this urge to go back to it, and then it fades.

Now, here I am again, I have an 87 rogue, but I don't want to keep playing it I think, I made a server change and race/band change to Worgen to play Arenas but I got bored of it. I thing I want to go back to my roots, horde in my old RP server, but my warlock is 80 and my DK is 81, and for some reason it's harder for me to pick them up, clean inventory and relearn them, I have no idea of them at this moment.

I have thought of creating a new character, I always thought that I would love to have a Blood Elf warrior if I had the chance and now it´s possible. I'm still considering it.

I just logged and made a walk with my DK from OGG to Barren, just walking. It was beautiful, so many memories.... If you have been in this situation (more or less) I would appreciate any feedback about the best way to come back.

cdyhybrid

Hey guys, a consult,

I guess it´s a common story. Since Cataclysm I have been playing less and less, I barely made to 85 with a Rogue to start Pandaria after long time without playing (I have not made any single raid for Cata or most of the dungeons, it was that bad). And in Pandaria I dropped at 87, even if I actually loved it.

I have been playing from day one, I had a undead Warlock which was my main for most time. Then I changed to Death Knight and after that a Rogue, I raised those three to 80. I had random alts, but none too developed, a 40 warrior was my most advanced one outside of that trio.

Since I Cata I have had more and more problems to remain attached to the game, I have tried some things like Arenas but nothing. The thing is, I still love WoW, each time there is some big update or news of an expansion I have this urge to go back to it, and then it fades.

Now, here I am again, I have an 87 rogue, but I don't want to keep playing it I think, I made a server change and race/band change to Worgen to play Arenas but I got bored of it. I thing I want to go back to my roots, horde in my old RP server, but my warlock is 80 and my DK is 81, and for some reason it's harder for me to pick them up, clean inventory and relearn them, I have no idea of them at this moment.

I have thought of creating a new character, I always thought that I would love to have a Blood Elf warrior if I had the chance and now it´s possible. I'm still considering it.

I just logged and made a walk with my DK from OGG to Barren, just walking. It was beautiful, so many memories.... If you have been in this situation (more or less) I would appreciate any feedback about the best way to come back.

Definitely play on the server you want with the class/race you want. It doesn't take long enough to level up to justify sticking with a character you don't feel like playing. Easiest way to learn how the classes work after all the changes is to level one up, so just jump right in.

DrBo42

Hey guys, a consult,

Best way for me is just to decide on something you're going to do, give yourself a goal and take your time. Wanted to roll a Belf Warr for a long time? Do it. Take your time and enjoy it. Hell I'd even level up with you if you wanted. GAF bro-team. Good luck.

My personal loot system luck sucks :(

48 Lei Shi LFR kills before I got shoulders... by the time I got them I wasn't even going to use them, I just wanted the set complete for the looks.

40 Iron Qon kills, no shoulders... I just said fuck it a few weeks ago and stopped queuing, warlock T15 is ugly anyway =P. It was the only thing I even wanted out of ToT anymore and I'd been using all 3 of my coins on him every week.

tldr: I know that feel -_-

Tacitus_

Oh wow, I want to see how LFR handles Thok. You remember that snail ability from ToT trash, the one that instakills if you if you stand in front of them? His P2 has him killing anyone who gets stuck in front of him and fixates to a random raid member with a stacking speed buff.

cdyhybrid

unfortunately no

Awesome, so they can just roam around and grief people trying to do their rep farm with literally zero incentive to kill them. Well played, Blizzard.

I can't decide if I should spend the 50k coins to upgrade my LFR RoRO (pretty much useless with the change to Windwalker Mastery) or just save up for the Cloud Serpent mount.

Think I'm gonna buy the trinket now since I have terrible luck with loot so who knows how long it'll be before one drops for me in SoO. Plus, I just hit Friendly with Shaohao, so I'll easily be able to get back up to 100k coins before I reach Exalted :p

Tacitus_

You'll get 100k coins way before you hit exalted for the mount. I'm 2k past honored and I already have over 60k coins. Feel free to gamble some away or buy something else.

DrBo42

How do I start this Wrathion quest chain in Timeless Isle? Do I have to complete his reputation bs before I get the quest line?

ZenaxPure

How do I start this Wrathion quest chain in Timeless Isle? Do I have to complete his reputation bs before I get the quest line?

It's technically part of his quest chain that has been going on all expansion, so wherever you are in that. Finishing his rep is a part of that, a pretty early part really.

cdyhybrid

Kinda want to change my rogue to a Troll after the new Warchief reveal :p Berserking isn't as good as Epicurean, but I think Trolls look cool :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kinda want to change my rogue to a Troll after the new Warchief reveal :p Berserking isn't as good as Epicurean, but I think Trolls look cool :p

Yeah, I had an 85 goblin shaman that I just recently started playing to 90 and I am feeling the pull of the troll as well. Especially with the Throne of Thunder tier set, it is maximum troll status.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I gave up and xferred my paladin to my new server too now. 75$ in transfer fees. The sole reason? He got a Timeless Cloth Chest token, lol. Final piece now, yay!

JCizzle

I'm waiting to see if they'll remove the ugly slouch with the new models. Same for most horde models honestly, stand up straight!

Bizazedo

Awesome, so they can just roam around and grief people trying to do their rep farm with literally zero incentive to kill them. Well played, Blizzard.

If you're on a PvP server, you should have organized groups hunting them. They can't use all the celestial buffs you can, so non-Ordos can be FAR more powerful than Ordos.

Also, if you kill them soon after they used the item, they can't Ordos again for up to 10 minutes. Highly irritating for them.

That and it's a PvP server....on Stormreaver in vanilla we'd actively hunt people as it was war :).

On PvE, people are safe unless they're stupid.

I can't decide if I should spend the 50k coins to upgrade my LFR RoRO (pretty much useless with the change to Windwalker Mastery) or just save up for the Cloud Serpent mount.

Think I'm gonna buy the trinket now since I have terrible luck with loot so who knows how long it'll be before one drops for me in SoO. Plus, I just hit Friendly with Shaohao, so I'll easily be able to get back up to 100k coins before I reach Exalted :p

Before I left to go to a b-day party today, I was at 82k coins and only 600 into honored. Amazingly plentiful.

Macattk15

Ugh. I'm so torn.

Have 46k timeless coins.

Grind the 4k more and get a Burden straight up ... or go spend these 46k coins in the chest cave and possibly get a Burden or more .... OR NOTHING.

edit : Spent initially on 50 keys .... ended up with 12k coins and a bunch of tokens. No Burdens. Not going to spend the rest of my coins.

ampere

Had a lot of fun doing tank proving grounds today. Took me a few attempts, but I managed to get a good groove going and get to wave 42. I checked Wowprogress and some dude got to wave 107, wtf. I feel like stuff would be 1 shotting you at that point with 107% increased damage.

We did decent in Siege for first week, got to Paragons but ran out of time and only got one attempt on them. I've heard Paragons and Garrosh are pretty challenging so we'll see if we can get em next week. Fun instance, but there's a bit too much running when you can't mount IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys! How are we enjoying 5.4 :)? Quick impressions pleaseeeee?

Slayerx

I was horde on Frostmourne, which was a very painful experience. Faction changed to Alliance and I am still ganked by them because of the item.

I am enjoying the Island and events though. I gambled all my coins away and didn't get any burdens but I still can't stop :(

Fjordson

After the first 5 bosses of Siege I have to say that I'm enjoying it so far. Pretty cool raid.

Timeless Isle is interesting as well, though I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it. Kinda sucks at times on my server, soo many people there. Guess it could be more manageable in a week or two.

Acidote

If you're not too much into pets and mounts, aside from raiding there's nothing to do. The Timeless Isle is just a grind after another. Grind this reputation, grind those coins, grind those pvp coins, wait for specific rares to spawn to get rare pets or mounts. At least next week I'll do some LFR with a few alters.

And almost the first half of the raid is a piece of cake. I and a few guildmates have been busy this week, but we'll start HMs soon. Not next week, but probably the one after that.

mclem

How do you guys feel about Timeless Isle? Specifically "free" 496 epics? My vanilla WoW purist friends are up in arms about it and how not everyone deserves to see all content

Anyone thinking about that should think about budget allocation. Fewer people content is accessible to -> less development resources allocated to it.

mclem

Tanking's a bit harder...I didn't have too much trouble on Bronze/Silver.
Gold can be quite a handful once you start getting halfway through it.
I've gotten to the last wave twice now, and screwed up because of stupid stuff (either dying or having the NPC die).
Hate those stupid monkey guys though. They just LOVE to spam their Fan of Bananas.

I consider myself a good tank, and I was surprised by how difficult I was finding Gold. You can't just fall into a rotation, you've got to be really on the ball with pickups and positioning, stuns, interrupts. On Saturday I had a bit of lag and that made it a real struggle to get past wave six or so. Had several more attempts on Sunday and finally got it, but it was a big challenge.

One thing I don't fully understand is health patterns. Sometimes I'm easily topped up, and sometimes I'm fluctuating wildly in the 20-40% health bracket, and I'm not entirely sure why. I wonder if there's some nuance in how the friendly NPC heals you. If you're out of range when she wants to reapply her HoT, does she not reapply it when you get back in range?

If I must criticise it, it's not really great training for *boss* tanking. It's great for trash, but when was the last time trash was particularly challenging yet was expected to be AoEd down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom