• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yup. 2 Secrets all week.

I unsubbed.

I wish I did

The cursed swabby helmet takes 5 minutes to get and you swim faster than Evermaw does.

I need 3 secrets. I'm HOPING to have my shit luck from last week reversed and get them from just the first two ToT wings, so that I have maximum Runestone potential. But I think we all know how that's going to play out.

zulfate

welp i bought the mist expansion pack for 20 bucks, but i think i wont jump in until this weekend. should i jump on the GAF server? i hope it is pve.....speaking of server-what server you guys on.

damn i dont know why but i am exited to join again, but last i remember i was in wrath :/

so does the raid finder work for old raids? i never ever got to raid but i always wanted to see the old ones.

Alucrid

Banned
So I got a 10 day free trial and decided to see what MOP is all about.

as a hunter i can't equip a bow and melee weapon? what the hell happened to the talent tree?

Hunters can no longer equip melee weapons, nor can Rogues or Warriors equip ranged weapons. This is a good thing as you're no longer competing with four different classes for critical DPS gear.

Talent tree is gone, it's now a Diablo III style perks pool that unlocks new layers every level.

I'm reallly bored of this game but don't wanna quit, I wanna keep it as my game to play at night while on the pc listening to streams. Any ideas on stuff to do solo?

kirblar

Hunters can no longer equip melee weapons, nor can Rogues or Warriors equip ranged weapons. This is a good thing as you're no longer competing with four different classes for critical DPS gear.

Talent tree is gone, it's now a Diablo III style perks pool that unlocks new layers every level.
In general this is a good thing- but man Druids kinda have a bad case of ability bloat/disorganization right now.

Alucrid

Banned
Sorry, a few more substantive questions.

1) How long does it take to grind out the 85-90 content?

2) Is Marks still the top DPS for Hunters?

3) How are balance Druids?

4) Disc or Holy?

5) Why is there a Thornwood Staff on my Druid?

6) Monks fun? Overplayed class?

kirblar

I agree wholeheartedly. I hate playing my druid as feral and from what I'm gathering, balance isn't much more engaging. Which leaves resto :(
I actually like Balance. It's just that there's way too many buttonsoverall- even with 4 rows you still don't really have room for everything.

Slayerx

Got my final runestones in LFR today and finished legendary quest. I really liked the Cho story in the end, I am going to miss him so much :(

One of my best WoW experiences apart from shit luck on runestones and 6k valor. I got my BG wins on first try so that wasn't an issue but I do bgs sometimes anyway.

On the subject of Timeless Isle, weather stones are fucking awesome.

cdyhybrid

Sorry, a few more substantive questions.

1) How long does it take to grind out the 85-90 content?

A day or two. Depends on what you're doing for EXP though.

2) Is Marks still the top DPS for Hunters?

BM. Unless 5.4 drastically changed things.

3) How are balance Druids?

Good ranged DPS. Not quite on the level of Mages or Locks, but still good DPS.

4) Disc or Holy?

Depends on what you're doing. Disc is really, really good, so that's probably your default answer, but if you're raiding and already have a Disc priest, probably better to go Holy.

5) Why is there a Thornwood Staff on my Druid?

No idea.

6) Monks fun? Overplayed class?

Very fun. Not overplayed.

What class is it easier to pvp with, druid or lock? Have both at 85 and just wanted to level up and have some fun for a while. Nothing serious

TheYanger

Garrosh tank damage is no fuckin joke, jesus. Glad we killed him since the entire battlegroup shit the bed for 6 hours last night and cut our raid week short by 20%.

Rokam

I require daggers that look like samurai swords. I really like this set, nicely designed for questing gear, but would have been better off as plate gear.
uaGVh1s.jpg

Jag

I can't wait for the upcoming skill pruning for all classes. The tears will be delicious, but it's definitely needed.

Hunters already got some trimming in 5.4 but they took the wrong things off. I agree there was bloat, but readiness and silence shot were very useful for soloing.

To the person who asked about soloing, your pet classes are still the best. You will want to get to 90 and head to Timeless Isle where the mobs will hit a fresh 90 hard. My Hunter is raid geared, but I'm also gearing up a Feral Druid, Pally, Mage, Priest and Rogue all on Timeless/Welfare Island gear (and that's not even all my alts!).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm getting RNG trolled on timeless drops pretty hard. My DK is currently ilvl 493, virtually everything I have is 496 except trinkets. I've had multiples of like every slot drop but 0 curios.

Jag

I'm getting RNG trolled on timeless drops pretty hard. My DK is currently ilvl 493, virtually everything I have is 496 except trinkets. I've had multiples of like every slot drop but 0 curios.

If you have alts run them through all the one time chests. Tom Tom waypoints for every chest here. I got a bunch of curios that way too.

Bizazedo

Got the Oath item for the Ordos. Looks like it has a 10% rate of actually getting a bloody coin, which is horrendous and needs to be raised for the poor mofos on PvE servers.

Garryk

What's with the damage range on the Cursed Swabby Rusty Shank attack? It can be 10k or 100k. It's a crapshoot on whether or not I can kill one on my Rogue. I'm opening with cheap shot, kidney shot when the depth charge is placed, and disarm. Anything else I'm missing to mitigate their damage output?

RPGCrazied

So my DK is in ToT already. Geeze, just from timeless isle items. Not complaining, now I can go straight to farming lei-shan for his axe and helmet.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So my DK is in ToT already. Geeze, just from timeless isle items. Not complaining, now I can go straight to farming lei-shan for his axe and helmet.

Don't waste time farming Lei-Shen for a weapon. Just look for a BS who can make a 502 weapon, hopefully a friend of guild member so he won't ask for some ridiculous price even if you provide all the mats. Unless those BS weapons are bind on pickup... i forgot.

aesop

I need to find a raid guild again. Back to having nights free and feeling the itch. Too bad my server is almost dead. I initially hated the idea of connected realms, but now I'm thinking it can't come soon enough.

RPGCrazied

Don't waste time farming Lei-Shen for a weapon. Just look for a BS who can make a 502 weapon, hopefully a friend of guild member so he won't ask for some ridiculous price even if you provide all the mats. Unless those BS weapons are bind on pickup... i forgot.

Well, I don't. Even if I did the mats on said items would be to much, I don't have that much gold. Maybe 9k between all my characters. Even if I did, I'd like to have them for transmogging. The axe is cool, it animates. And the helmet is pretty bad ass, it shoots out lightning.

RPGCrazied

I'm still using a 450 weapon, lol I don't want to waste coins on the 476 one, when I can get a better raid one, if one drops that is. I have enough tokens to stock up on mogu runes. Question, can I still get items from a boss, as long as I use a bonus roll?

Bizazedo

Unless it's nerfed really badly compared to Flex and Normal, Sha of Pride is going to kill so many people when the tanks don't taunt properly.

Anoregon

Unless it's nerfed really badly compared to Flex and Normal, Sha of Pride is going to kill so many people when the tanks don't taunt properly.

There is a lot of positional/awareness requirements in SoO, I'm curious to see just how far those are going to be nerfed into not really mattering for lfr.

Tacitus_

The weapons are boe, but most of the mats are bop.. and you need to crank out the daily cooldown mats for a month to make the 502 weapon.

mclem

There is a lot of positional/awareness requirements in SoO, I'm curious to see just how far those are going to be nerfed into not really mattering for lfr.

Blizzard don't seem *too* averse to giving the tanks the capability to screw up and wipe the raid in LFR (Lei Shen springs to mind, although that's a final boss), so... we'll see.

My gut says no MC on 100 pride in the Sha fight, but with the extra damage-to-raid penalties at lower pride values.

Bizazedo

I'm just eagerly looking forward to this new week's raid cycle. We only raid two nights a week and got through four bosses....but I missed the second night due to real life. We still got Norushen and Pride w/o me, which rankles as I'm one of the two tanks, but it sounded like mostly working out dps issues so meh.

I am still loving the increased Prot Warrior dps, though.

Jag

I'm still using a 450 weapon, lol I don't want to waste coins on the 476 one, when I can get a better raid one, if one drops that is. I have enough tokens to stock up on mogu runes. Question, can I still get items from a boss, as long as I use a bonus roll?

I think Arch has some decent 476 BOA weapons that can be upgraded 2 levels. I know there are some polearms and ranged weaps you can dig up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think Arch has some decent 476 BOA weapons that can be upgraded 2 levels. I know there are some polearms and ranged weaps you can dig up.

The polearm is a 463 blue BOA weapon with Agility. I think i remember getting an offhand of the same item level too, but i think that's about it.

Tacitus_

Blizzard don't seem *too* averse to giving the tanks the capability to screw up and wipe the raid in LFR (Lei Shen springs to mind, although that's a final boss), so... we'll see.

My gut says no MC on 100 pride in the Sha fight, but with the extra damage-to-raid penalties at lower pride values.

Nazgrim is going to be interesting in LFR, unless they nerf his damage so much that you can ignore the mechanics completely.

"A defensive stance that reduces damage taken by 10% and grants 3 Rage when struck. Rage gain cannot occur more than once every one second.Attacks by players affected by Sundering Blow do not cause Nazgrim to generate Rage. "

Peachpies

What's with the damage range on the Cursed Swabby Rusty Shank attack? It can be 10k or 100k. It's a crapshoot on whether or not I can kill one on my Rogue. I'm opening with cheap shot, kidney shot when the depth charge is placed, and disarm. Anything else I'm missing to mitigate their damage output?
rusty shank in an aoe infront of them so you should move to the side/behind them when he starts casting it, also because of the way its applied stunning them wont stop it from dealing damage

CassSept

They will probably cap Pride near 100 (like Animus capping Anima at 70 in LFR) or change it's effect (maybe instadeath, or increased damage). There is no way they can leave Pride causing MC, would be devastating with the level of LFR players.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

You can dodge it. Its a frontal cone flurry attack, but the game doesn't announce it. Just use Shadowstep.

RPGCrazied

The polearm is a 463 blue BOA weapon with Agility. I think i remember getting an offhand of the same item level too, but i think that's about it.

I have that, and yes I don't want agli on my DK. Strength and stamina is what I want. 2 hander if at all possible, I never dual wielded with my DK, I'd imagine my DPS would take a hit if I did that. I'm frost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom