• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

528 IIRC. And I do have alts, but they either 1) outgear LFR too, or 2) aren't 90 :p

Burn Valor to upgrade to 536!

Acquire items for xmog due to different colors!

(and yeah all my stuff is over 528 as well, easily, but will no sarcasm still be nice for alt-specs and xmog).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I never noticed the animation. Will try this tonight.

One thing people forget about on Rogues is evasion too. You can pretty much solo any elite for 20 seconds or so using Evasion (since you can reset the CD with Prep).

My favorite reason for playing Rogue is pretty much Cloak of Shadows.

CassSept

Playing rogue for so long I remember about evasion but I still sometimes forget that Prep is baseline now. The buff from 70% to 100% dodge was a nice boon, doesn't matter that much but makes me feel much safer.

You can dodge it. Its a frontal cone flurry attack, but the game doesn't announce it. Just use Shadowstep.

I think the mobs get a buff though when they are doing it, I think I saw another tooltip appear on my target during the animation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish Blizzard would extend the Fatigue line out a bit from Timeless Isle so that I would stop getting 0 resource regeneration when I kill that Whale Shark.

Jag

So, does anyone know if I can keep using bonus rolls on a boss during the week to get more than one item?

I think the only time you can use bonus rolls is when you are eligible for loot. So if you looted a boss already, bonus rolls won't get you anything.

Also Maintenance has been extended to 1pm PST :(

Angry Grimace

I think the only time you can use bonus rolls is when you are eligible for loot. So if you looted a boss already, bonus rolls won't get you anything.

Also Maintenance has been extended to 1pm PST :(

In LFR you can roll as many times as you have charms, although only once per kill.

Every other boss only allows one roll per week, including world bosses (this was changed in 5.4 since in 5.0-5.3 you could only use a bonus roll on a loot-eligible kill).

LFG

Neophyte
How are queue times for dps in LFG/LFR? Thinking about coming back. I played vanilla through Wrath and quit before Cata came out. Ended up playing a little in Cata, but lost interest. I've always played a tank from day 1, but I'd really like to try a dps roll this go around. The hunter class is appealing with all the pets. Mage seems like a good option as well. hmm...

cdyhybrid

How are queue times for dps in LFG/LFR? Thinking about coming back. I played vanilla through Wrath and quit before Cata came out. Ended up playing a little in Cata, but lost interest. I've always played a tank from day 1, but I'd really like to try a dps roll this go around. The hunter class is appealing with all the pets. Mage seems like a good option as well. hmm...

Depends on which one you're queuing for, but typically 15-25 minutes for LFR. 7-15 min for LFD.

Jag

Not bad at all. Early in the week around 10-15 mins. You can also queue for every raid instance at the same time now.

Alucrid

Banned
A day or two. Depends on what you're doing for EXP though.

BM. Unless 5.4 drastically changed things.

Good ranged DPS. Not quite on the level of Mages or Locks, but still good DPS.

Depends on what you're doing. Disc is really, really good, so that's probably your default answer, but if you're raiding and already have a Disc priest, probably better to go Holy.

No idea.

Very fun. Not overplayed.

Thanks! I hate BM with a passion so I might try my hand at leveling a monk.

Touch

I have so much to get done today and this down time is taking forever. I'm already not looking forward to LFR today. *sigh*

First thing I did when servers came back up: check if Falling Flame will get me from Hellfire to SMV

untitled-12nszy.gif

Yep!

Angry Grimace

Where does it even drop?

Cinderfall on Timeless Isle. He fucking sucks because he spawns on a bridge, takes at least 8 guys to down and has one-shot mechanics that I have no fucken clue how you're supposed to escape if you're melee.

I generally fight him by throwing knives at him and waiting for mages to blow him up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Cinderfall on Timeless Isle. He fucking sucks because he spawns on a bridge, takes at least 8 guys to down and has one-shot mechanics that I have no fucken clue how you're supposed to escape if you're melee.

I generally fight him by throwing knives at him and waiting for mages to blow him up.

It's easy to avoid if you look at the ground for the special effects. The most difficult one though is when its a circle rather than a line, i barely have time to move out. It doesnt one shot me, but thank god for my paladin self heals.

Angry Grimace

It's easy to avoid if you look at the ground for the special effects. The most difficult one though is when its a circle rather than a line, i barely have time to move out. It doesnt one shot me, but thank god for my paladin self heals.

You can see them, but you can't actually move out of them in time because he makes a giant circle and I don't run fast enough to move out. Its not even worth it because you have to focus entirely on running away and not on hitting him. Better to just throw knives.

Tacitus_

Or one pet class. Oh how I love the -aoe dmg taken on pets.

It only took me 6-7 kills switching myself between two servers for it to drop, not too bad. Also, as a warlock I just have my voidwalker tank it while taking no damage since all the abilities are aoe =D

Angry Grimace

About to try LFR SoO. I'm ready for disapointment.

I'm ready for the disappointment of 3 secrets through 5 LFR wings.

Random aside: I think they fixed Durumu so that its impossible to actually not see the holes in the maze, but everyone still dies on the maze.

I've been really surprised by the viability of a lot of specs in high level PvP - like Fire Mages, Holy Priests, etc. If you would have told me that Fire Mages and Holy Priests would be viable (and the latter arguably better than Disc) four years ago (I've played a mage for six years, priest for five), I would've laughed.

Blizzard's done a pretty good job in that regard.

Typical LFR getfucked-ness. 2nd boss in SoO can only drop two things for my hunter, a weapon and some gloves (I have tier gloves from Celestials <3). Drops: gloves. Use extra roll: more gloves. -_______________-

But on the bright side, KJ dropped a Thori'dal finally, so there's that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm ready for the disappointment of 3 secrets through 5 LFR wings.

Random aside: I think they fixed Durumu so that its impossible to actually not see the holes in the maze, but everyone still dies on the maze.

I got my last 3 secrets in the first two ToT wings, so I've got a full week of rune potential. Bring on the 1 guaranteed Lei Shen drop and 0 others!

ZenaxPure

I did SoO LFR a bit earlier with my friend and he got a secret off all 4 bosses, and 2 pieces of loot. I got a good laugh from it.

I actually got 2 pieces of loot myself but one was an item I got on flex last week and the other is a chest piece i'd have to break my 4 piece to use so I don't care about it yet.

Irishwinger

Neo Member
After coming back and leveling a character for the first time in 4 years i'm amazed at how impatient people are in lf dunegon. Just got out of a Nexus run where group members flamed the tank for not pulling entire rooms at once and kept going without him when he had to afk for 30 seconds. Times sure have changed from what I remembered

kirblar

After coming back and leveling a character for the first time in 4 years i'm amazed at how impatient people are in lf dunegon. Just got out of a Nexus run where group members flamed the tank for not pulling entire rooms at once and kept going without him when he had to afk for 30 seconds. Times sure have changed from what I remembered
LFD is a joke - no CC required and you chain pull everything.

Angry Grimace

The best part about Burdens of Eternity is wasting them on objectively useless items. I got an agility ring with 950 expertise on it. That's all. I vendored it. Thanks, Blizzard! (Expertise is bad enough for Rogues that most calculators will tell you that you want it less than every other stat even under cap).

So LFR opened today.

Part of me doesn't want to fucking bother. For what? I already have fully upgraded 535s, which the exception of my new boots, which are upgraded 561s. In order for the RF stuff to be better, it's going to require two upgrades per piece. I have no intention of farming valor again until I start getting upgrades from SoO normal, since I can't find a flex group.

...I think I'm just going to skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom