• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Boomkin were being actively sought after due to their survivability and good DPS - so much so that they nerfed the survivability (along with a few other casters) to keep them back in line. We now have our original armor bonus back instead of a flat damage reduction. Nerf to raiding, buff to soloing. But then they gave us a talent to auto heal 5% health per 5 seconds....or 5% of the person closest if we're full. (hint: its stupid good.)

PvP as Boomkin has always been misery - it's a DoT class without a lot of burst damage/strong cooldowns.

Varjis

So based on the arc from Falling Flame, would it be a viable strategy for skipping Valrithia for classes that can't solo her? Or would trying to launch yourself from outside her door start the encounter or crash you into a wall?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

That looks dramatically off. There's no way Assassination Rogues are at the bottom of the DPS charts.

So based on the arc from Falling Flame, would it be a viable strategy for skipping Valrithia for classes that can't solo her? Or would trying to launch yourself from outside her door start the encounter or crash you into a wall?

I don't know yet if they fixed the thing where you use the Goblin Glider/Golden Glider to fly from Lana'thel's room to Sindragosa's.

lol, that's not a bad idea. I didn't think I'd ever go into ICC again after soloing it for months for a Shadowmourne, but I might clear with my DK up to there and try it on my lock for kicks, only a few bosses!

Noxxic rankings are questionable at best, you're better off here:

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

don't use noxxic, that stuff is garbage. Elitistjerks and raidbots should be your two sources for this information.

I see. Good to know. Though it's pretty heartbreaking to see frost at the bottom. Guess I'll have to play fire again. I'll live as long as I don't have to play arcane again. That's where I draw the line and either stay gimp or play an alt.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I see. Good to know. Though it's pretty heartbreaking to see frost at the bottom. Guess I'll have to play fire again. I'll live as long as I don't have to play arcane again. That's where I draw the line and either stay gimp or play an alt.

Frost is actually really good until around 520-525 ilvl (and fire isn't until that gear level). Its kind of the break point where frost starts scaling really poorly and fire starts scaling really well.

cdyhybrid

Keep in mind the new raid has only been out for a week :p

Frost is actually really good until around 520-525 ilvl (and fire isn't until that gear level). Its kind of the break point where frost starts scaling really poorly and fire starts scaling really well.

This news pleases me. We'll see how the first week of raiding goes. Gotta stay competitive with the other mage.

As long as it doesn't involve playing arcane...

ampere

Dps stack ranks period are not a useful metric for ranking classes/specs

They don't make patchwerk fights anymore (which the sims are often representing), the sims are not free of bugs/errors, and skill/doing your job with mechanics is a huge factor in raiding.

Use sims to determine if your character might benefit from a different stat focus/piece of gear, do not use them to say "class/spec X is soooooo weak waaaaaaaaah". The devs roll their eyes at that stuff for a reason.

Actually if you read the quests there (as alliance anyway, horde players don't see this side) she gives all the blood elves in Dalaran the option of leaving peacefully. The ones that refuse are the ones she imprisons, the ones that fight back are the ones she killed. The only person that senselessly kills there is Vareesa, but, she outright says that she doesn't give a fuck which we knew far before MoP anyway.

Playing the horde version you see that the reason a lot of them didn't leave is that Dalaran is literally their home and they had no where else to go (the ones that choose to leave end up in Silvermoon). Anyway, Jaina didn't really go "off her rocker" and start imprisoning/murdering them at random.

As someone who did both versions I find it pretty fascinating that they completely leave out explanations that your faction wouldn't be privy to anyway. Feels more natural since it feeds into the chaos and confusion of it all.

This sounds really interesting; where would I find these quests on Horde side?

mclem

Oh well, changing the subject, the music in Vale of Eternal Sorrows is SO GOOOOOOD. I haven't seen past that yet (very few groups for flex wing 2 at the moment), but I'm blown away. Immerseus is creepy as hell, Fallen Protectors are appropriately sad and Sha of Pride is just great. I hope the later part of the raid do not disappoint.

I was genuinely pleased when I wandered over the west end of the broken Vale and discovered that the Autumnlights were still alive.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Dps stack ranks period are not a useful metric for ranking classes/specs

They don't make patchwerk fights anymore (which the sims are often representing), the sims are not free of bugs/errors, and skill/doing your job with mechanics is a huge factor in raiding.

Use sims to determine if your character might benefit from a different stat focus/piece of gear, do not use them to say "class/spec X is soooooo weak waaaaaaaaah". The devs roll their eyes at that stuff for a reason.

I remember ranking #1 on Putricide WORLD WIDE SONS, but that was because our rogue and Priest were Tricks'ing and PI'ing on CD..

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No wonder that ship sank and everyone died.

xHGr7GG.jpg

Angry Grimace

LFR right now is a great example of what happens if you give everyone gear for free.

Ultratech

So I finally got to tank Flex Mode!

Anywho, the first wing wasn't too bad.

If anything, I'm just pissed I won nothing from any of the bosses except for a Bonus Roll on Sha of Pride where I won a neck. :(

At least I'm getting my Legendary Cloak on my DK this week.
Sha decided to cough up the last Runestone I needed, so I gotta go murderize the Thunder King for the umpteenth time.

ok ok last one for now. It looked like it adjusted to the ceiling mid flight? Ionno. I'll take it!

=D

I was expecting you to go splat there for a sec.

But then you hit the water.

LFR right now is a great example of what happens if you give everyone gear for free.

Haven't even touched the new LFR yet.

Don't know if I should or not.

cdyhybrid

If anything, I'm just pissed I won nothing from any of the bosses except for a Bonus Roll on Sha of Pride where I won a neck. :(

Sha decided to cough up the last Runestone I needed, so I gotta go murderize the Thunder King for the umpteenth time.

Unless you need the gear or the legendary cloak items...don't.

Finished the week at 10/12 Runestones >< At least I know I'll get it next week.

Angry Grimace

Like half of the people queuing are straight up trolls who just pull and then run around.

CassSept

Haha, really? I must have had some insane luck because my pug, as terrible as they were at times, had oneshot everything :)

How reliable are pugs from oQueue? I tried it for the first time yesterday to find a group for flex wing 2 and it wasn't too pretty. Or is the content too new to say?

cdyhybrid

Haha, really? I must have had some insane luck because my pug, as terrible as they were at times, had oneshot everything :)

How reliable are pugs from oQueue? I tried it for the first time yesterday to find a group for flex wing 2 and it wasn't too pretty. Or is the content too new to say?

It's basically the same as forming a PUG in Trade, you're just getting Trade from all servers :p

Westlo

Yes, because doing 3 quick Hour of Twilight 5 mans for quests rewards (drops are just bonuses) and buying a couple of Vicious Embersilk (or whatever) pieces (and yeah it's not that much after the first week) to get into LFR Dragon Soul the moment you hit 85 never happened. Oh wait that's exactly what I did when I resubbed a couple of months before MOP.

Tacitus_

Ugh, my guildmate got me seriously thinking about gemming Int/Sta in some slots since I'm over the hit cap and can't reforge any more away. And the socket bonuses on those items are 2x 120 Int and 1x 180 Int, so I can't exactly ignore them either like I have on the one that had 60 haste. That one got Int/Mas in an instant.

I feel dirty.

mclem

Yesterday we had a few people who hadn't been in SoO at all, so we decided to include them all in a Flex going from the start of the instance; add in time spent on celestials and Ordos and was left only really having time for the first boss in the new wing - Galakras - after all that.

...but it, too, is glorious. Felt kinda like a Scenario mentality in a raid encounter, and I've no objection to that; it puts a slightly different spin on the feel for a fight.

So now I've seen five bosses on SoO... and I don't think *any* are particularly boring and conventional. That's a pretty good strike rate. I know there's Spoils to come which strikes me as a really unusual fight, but do things get a bit more ordinary later on? So far this instance is shaping up to genuinely compete with Ulduar in my affections and I don't have much greater praise than that.

Also: Flex is perfect for us. As a guild that's a little *too* large to run a fixed 10-man group and give everyone a decent shot at raiding - and with quite a few friends from outside the guild - Flex is a fantastic way to involve everyone in at least one raid night a week. It's this sort of thing that'll hopefully allow us to get people in with the promise of future 25s and flex in the meantime.

(Also also: We hit 25 players in Flex thanks to that policy; 17 from the guild, the remaining 8 from friends of the guild. It's half-frustrating half-encouraging to know that we're getting vaguely close to 25s. That said, I'm sure attendance will plummet in a few weeks!)

Tacitus_

So now I've seen five bosses on SoO... and I don't think *any* are particularly boring and conventional. That's a pretty good strike rate. I know there's Spoils to come which strikes me as a really unusual fight, but do things get a bit more ordinary later on? So far this instance is shaping up to genuinely compete with Ulduar in my affections and I don't have much greater praise than that.

The 9th boss is pretty standard tank & spank with some twists. Dodge random cones from the boss and remember where they hit cos they lit up later, soak zones a la Lei Shens Bouncing Bolt and stack on tank for P2. Rinse and repeat

But after that, things get back on the crazy track. Your casters are going to hate Thok and the Paragons fight is really something else. Oh and the Siegecrafter fight is really fun.

mclem

But after that, things get back on the crazy track. Your casters are going to hate Thok and the Paragons fight is really something else. Oh and the Siegecrafter fight is really fun.

The Paragons fight happened to be the first one I read up on when it hit the test realms.

I am genuinely terrified of it.

This pic makes me wanna play again... fuck, I hate missing out on new content :(
Best of all, you don't have to camp a random spot for three days in order to have a chance at fighting it :)

I did the Zarhym encounter last night, too. I've deliberately avoided reading up on the Timeless Isle, so it's great when you get unexpected surprises that change up the gameplay like that one. It reminded me *massively* of Skyward Sword's Silent Realm.

We'll see how long it lasts, but right now, the Timeless Isle is simply a place I enjoy being, and that's something that's often missed out.

Bizazedo

I did the Zarhym encounter last night, too. I've deliberately avoided reading up on the Timeless Isle, so it's great when you get unexpected surprises that change up the gameplay like that one. It reminded me *massively* of Skyward Sword's Silent Realm.

We'll see how long it lasts, but right now, the Timeless Isle is simply a place I enjoy being, and that's something that's often missed out.

I'm not saying they're difficult at all mind you, but coming across and doing Zarhym's achieve and Rolo's Riddle was fairly satisfying. Nice little events.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope the flex i did last week starts sooner/goes with less interruptions this week. I'd like to actually spend more time fighting bosses than standing around waiting.

Tacitus_

The Paragons fight happened to be the first one I read up on when it hit the test realms.

I am genuinely terrified of it.

It's not as scary as it looks. Our raidleader just pulled a kill order from somewhere and then we went and did it in a couple of wipes. Granted we are pretty well geared in our raid group, with the avg ilvl being 546 if WoWProgress is to be trusted.

Jag

Like half of the people queuing are straight up trolls who just pull and then run around.

Yeah, seeing some fun SoO LFR behavior. Idiot pulls before we are ready. Wipe. Start rezzing. Another idiot pulls. Wipe. I just quit at that point. Went to another LFR to get some valor, Pally Tank is in 450 blues and keeps dying. I'm like, dude go to Welfare Isle before you tank.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I guess i got lucky with my SoO LFR. Only 1-2 wipes per boss and barely any whining in raid chat. Which is pretty impressive for a 1st week LFR.

Bizazedo

I guess i got lucky with my SoO LFR. Only 1-2 wipes per boss and barely any whining in raid chat. Which is pretty impressive for a 1st week LFR.

Was the same with me, one wipe on Sha of Pride and one on Norushen in LFR. It was on Tuesday, though, which might make a difference.

Some moron did join and immediately aggro Sha of Pride before leaving raid, though, but he reset and didn't attack anyone else.

Tacitus_

Braved my way to LFR just now. Surprisingly, no wipes at all, though Protectors took some doing until they died at the same-ish time, and Norushen went past enrage according to DBM.

It was all not positive though. I, along a monk, did 1/3 of the raid DPS. Only the top 5 could even hit over 100k dps. One warrior managed 40k dps at the last boss.

Oh and does anyone know how to yell "learn fucking english" in italian?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Braved my way to LFR just now. Surprisingly, no wipes at all, though Protectors took some doing until they died at the same-ish time, and Norushen went past enrage according to DBM.

It was all not positive though. I, along a monk, did 1/3 of the raid DPS. Only the top 5 could even hit over 100k dps. One warrior managed 40k dps at the last boss.

Oh and does anyone know how to yell "learn fucking english" in italian?

Google Translate gives : imparare cazzo inglese

I'm no italian though, so i can't say if it's accurate. :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got the trinket off of Sha of Pride in LFR on my Hunter. God damn that is a thing of beauty - love the cooldown reduction.

I'm quite glad that Blizzard is still continuing to toy around with trinkets. While the "+ Stat", "Chance on Hit to..." trinkets are easy enough to handle they're not really 'fun'

Angry Grimace

Yes, because doing 3 quick Hour of Twilight 5 mans for quests rewards (drops are just bonuses) and buying a couple of Vicious Embersilk (or whatever) pieces (and yeah it's not that much after the first week) to get into LFR Dragon Soul the moment you hit 85 never happened. Oh wait that's exactly what I did when I resubbed a couple of months before MOP.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about Ret Paladins doing 18K DPS on Immersius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom