• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2 runestones and 3 pieces of loot from SoO LFR today. Booyah,

Eklipsis

Wohoo Brewfest! Ran Direbrew with hunter and got nothing. Then ran it on my pally and got the kodo mount! Aww yeah! I already have the ram so brewfest is done for me this year.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Have a screenshot of you riding the sexy beast? Congrats!

I snapped a screenshot but I had all my graphics settings too low so I'll snap another and one of the kodo too. Now if only the Kara mount and Ashes would drop.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can someone explain to me what this person is attempting to ask for in oQueue?

k40MyDP.png

mileS

Thats not as bad as people asking for 530+ just for a fucking heroic scenario. Something that happened non-stop on Bleeding Hollow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The RNG gods... they can be kind too. Got 3 in SoO, none in ToT1 so I strapped myself in for another shitty ride. Then 3 more from ToT2 and 3, and I entered ToT4 at 17/20 and got one from all three bosses, phew. I was less happy and more "DAMN STRAIGHT" after only getting 1 last week =P

Hey now, if I get one from EVERY boss, I can finish THIS week!

(no)

Cipherr

Thats not as bad as people asking for 530+ just for a fucking heroic scenario. Something that happened non-stop on Bleeding Hollow.

Yeah this in particular made me sick. Luckily on my server its just 515, but I still found it annoying as a healer to not be able to even make a lot of use out of the 516 or so ilvl items you get from HScenarios by the time I could get a group to let me run them.

Tacitus_

Why would anyone even want to go if they were already 540, much less 550

Trinkets / set pieces. I got the tier chest off of Flex, so now I can pass the chest token in our regular raids until everyone else has one.

But those ilvl reqs, especially for HCS are nuts. On my server people just yell in trade if they want a HCS group, no ilvl reqs whatsoever.

Angry Grimace

Trinkets / set pieces. I got the tier chest off of Flex, so now I can pass the chest token in our regular raids until everyone else has one.

But those ilvl reqs, especially for HCS are nuts. On my server people just yell in trade if they want a HCS group, no ilvl reqs whatsoever.

I imagine if you have 550 you can just do flex with your raid group since the only way I could fathom someone was at 550+ right now is getting deep into regular/heroic SOO and having been deep into H-TOT. The highest I've ever seen in the last week or so is 561.

Tacitus_

I imagine if you have 550 you can just do flex with your raid group since the only way I could fathom someone was at 550+ right now is getting deep into regular/heroic SOO and having been deep into H-TOT. The highest I've ever seen in the last week or so is 561.

I prefer to do our guild flex on my alt. My main has 551 and that lets me be very picky with openraid pugs.

It's really not that hard to get to a really high ilvl if you were playing somewhat consistently from 5.2 on. Right now I'm at 540 ilvl and only have 3 pieces from normal ToT (all from the first two bosses).

It's really not that hard to get to a really high ilvl if you were playing somewhat consistently from 5.2 on. Right now I'm at 540 ilvl and only have 3 pieces from normal ToT (all from the first two bosses).

define 'somewhat consistently,' because the threshold for 540 is either bristling with heroic thunderforged gear or absurd luck with week 1 SoO loot.

Tacitus_

define 'somewhat consistently,' because the threshold for 540 is either bristling with heroic thunderforged gear or absurd luck with week 1 SoO loot.

I had 540+ before the patch with only 3 htf items. It's more the cloak and constant valor upgrades (+8 ilvls when upgraded) that make it easy. Then when you hit the Isle, you get your guaranteed 535 and can upgrade it again for 8 ilvls to 543.

I've been lucky on timeless isle but my gear is:

1 502 piece (off hand from Lei Shen LFR)
8 530 pieces (shoulders from Jin'rokh, helm and 1h from Horridon, gloves and legs from Nalak, chest from Oondasta, and ring and trinket from shado-pan assault rep)
2 535 pieces (trinket and boots from timeless isle)
2 543 pieces (ring and belt from timeless isle)
2 567 pieces (neck and bracers from Ordos)
1 608 piece (legendary cape)

Angry Grimace

9 Secrets of the Empire so far this week. Cautiously optimistic I can not have to burn any bosses on Titan Runestones next week (I'm already dreading it)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
9 secrets in 1 week is fucking bananas. Similarly, I'd love to get into a wing 2 flex raid this week, because if I were to kill those 4 bosses I could realistically end up with 6 runestones in one week.

Angry Grimace

9 secrets in 1 week is fucking bananas. Similarly, I'd love to get into a wing 2 flex raid this week, because if I were to kill those 4 bosses I could realistically end up with 6 runestones in one week.

Ended at 11. Meaning, 19 total.

vilmer_

I've played minimally, at the very most, since the first couple months of Cataclysm. Yesterday evening I caved after Blizz kept e-mailing me telling me to come back for free for 7 days. I think... I think I might resub. Icecrown is totally dead now but there are a few people who messaged me from ages ago saying hi and wanting to quest, etc and that holds much more meaning to me than having a 'full' server. It's time to dust off the Mage.

Anoregon

I love this trend I'm seeing on OQ of the min ilvl for flex groups being equal or greater than the actual item level that drops in flex. It's like the raid leader admitting they are fucking awful and just want to be carried by people who don't even need to be doing flex.

I love this trend I'm seeing on OQ of the min ilvl for flex groups being equal or greater than the actual item level that drops in flex. It's like the raid leader admitting they are fucking awful and just want to be carried by people who don't even need to be doing flex.

I wish oQ listed the ilvl of the raid leader.

Had a ToT oQ which I joined, only to find the RL was ilvl 483 while requiring ilvl 520 to join

Kraftwerk

Jesus Christ...

I logged in for the first time since Cataclysm and I am so confused. So much shit is going on and has changed. WIll take me a good week or two to catch up on all the changes.

Only need to join the Brew of the Month club to get my Violet Proto Drake! On vacation until tomorrow morning though :(

That achievement was kind of a mixed bag. Got me to do all the holiday content but also made me hate it. Have basically avoided it all since I finished it.

Question about Nazgrim fight, doing it on Flex with a good group.

Do the adds come with increased frequency at the end? We had no issues but as soon as Nazgrim reached around 20% and went into defensive stance it seemed like either 4 adds at a time were coming up or they were coming up a lot more frequently.

zulfate

i dont know why but i am only level 20 and i am having a blast, everything just pops...like the graphics on ultra (never had a good pc 2 years ago), the combat while old has its WOW feel to it not sure how to describe it, after GW2 i kinda digging WOW more its really hitting its stride i think.

Peachpies

Question about Nazgrim fight, doing it on Flex with a good group.

Do the adds come with increased frequency at the end? We had no issues but as soon as Nazgrim reached around 20% and went into defensive stance it seemed like either 4 adds at a time were coming up or they were coming up a lot more frequently.

he spawns an extra set of adds at 10%

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Turned graphics up but still look like crap but anyways

WoWScrnShot_092113_124206_zps2872b2c1.jpg

WoWScrnShot_092113_124230_zps831cbbc3.jpg

and one you can sorta see my mog set right now

WoWScrnShot_092113_124317_zps5bba92c1.jpg
I recommend you change the output quality and format of screenshots, because the compression in those images is quite high.

I use the following (paste to your Config.wtf file and save as "Read only"):

SET screenshotFormat "tga"
SET screenshotQuality "10"

That'll give you crystal clear screenshots. The TGA format you'll need some kind of image editing program for (like GIMP, which is free). But you can also use PNG which you should be able to post directly to an image hosting site.

Bizazedo

Just to clarify, another set of 2 adds or 4 adds at the same time?

Wish Icy Veins mentioned this, would have realized what we were doing wrong :(

It's like 6-8 adds that come out. Want to say 6.

We finally had the offtank just jump into them and blow a battle horn / mocking banner and shield wall while the rest of the raid burned down Nazgrim. Obviously that doesn't help with Assassins, but ....

Tacitus_

Just to clarify, another set of 2 adds or 4 adds at the same time?

Wish Icy Veins mentioned this, would have realized what we were doing wrong :(

Never counted them, but certainly seems at least 4. We throw stuns around and other cooldowns around to survive them.

E: LAST RP

[20:11:29] Thrall yells: It is not too late, Garrosh. Lay down the mantle of Warchief. We can end this here, now, with no more bloodshed.
[20:11:41] Garrosh Hellscream yells: Ha! Do you remember nothing of Honor? Of glory on the battlefield? You who would parlay with the humans, who allowed warlocks to practice their dark magics right under our feet. You are weak.
[20:12:03] Garrosh Hellscream yells: We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde. We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true orcs SHOULD.
[20:12:16] Garrosh Hellscream yells: You are an Orc no longer, and speak for none but yourself. You betrayed our people to forge your fragile alliances, and I will take great pleasure in tearing them apart.
[20:12:34] Thrall yells: Then you have forced my hand. I will correct the mistake I made long ago. Spirits of the wind, the earth, the water, hear my call! Come to my aid!
[20:12:49] Garrosh Hellscream yells: Fool. My Dark Shaman have twisted and tortured the elements for miles around. They cannot hear you now. Once again you prove too weak and powerless to do anything.
[20:13:10] Thrall yells: Never powerless Garrosh. And never alone.
[20:13:17] Garrosh Hellscream yells: So, you wish to face off against a real Orc Warchief. So be it.

Then they clash a bit and Garrosh punts Thrall across the floor.

Ryan_

Never counted them, but certainly seems at least 4. We throw stuns around and other cooldowns around to survive them.

[20:11:29] Thrall yells: It is not too late, Garrosh. Lay down the mantle of Warchief. We can end this here, now, with no more bloodshed.
[20:11:41] Garrosh Hellscream yells: Ha! Do you remember nothing of Honor? Of glory on the battlefield? You who would parlay with the humans, who allowed warlocks to practice their dark magics right under our feet. You are weak.
[20:12:03] Garrosh Hellscream yells: We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde. We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true orcs SHOULD.
[20:12:16] Garrosh Hellscream yells: You are an Orc no longer, and speak for none but yourself. You betrayed our people to forge your fragile alliances, and I will take great pleasure in tearing them apart.
[20:12:34] Thrall yells: Then you have forced my hand. I will correct the mistake I made long ago. Spirits of the wind, the earth, the water, hear my call! Come to my aid!
[20:12:49] Garrosh Hellscream yells: Fool. My Dark Shaman have twisted and tortured the elements for miles around. They cannot hear you now. Once again you prove too weak and powerless to do anything.
[20:13:17] Garrosh Hellscream yells: So, you wish to face off against a real Orc Warchief. So be it.

Thanks bro!

It broke my heart to see Jaina so old and bitter. She used to get along so well with Thrall and the horde in general.... Time to play WC3 again I guess!

Any site where we can see all the RP for SOO?

mclem

Well, I've been deliberately going ultra-slow, but it's finally happened: I'm at the valor cap with no drops to spend it on.

After working at it all weekend, I finally got past wave 30 in the endless healer proving grounds on my Holy Priest. Very fun and challenging.

ZenaxPure

After working at it all weekend, I finally got past wave 30 in the endless healer proving grounds on my Holy Priest. Very fun and challenging.

Good job, stuff starts to get pretty rough in the 20s. Best I have done so far is 26 on DPS. I think my main problem is not using my cooldowns correctly. There have been times where I would go the entire time a cooldown would take to recharge without using the ability.

It's been a lot of fun as a mutilate rogue though, pretty much infinite energy and marked for death is OP as fuck in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom