• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job, stuff starts to get pretty rough in the 20s. Best I have done so far is 26 on DPS. I think my main problem is not using my cooldowns correctly. There have been times where I would go the entire time a cooldown would take to recharge without using the ability.

It's been a lot of fun as a mutilate rogue though, pretty much infinite energy and marked for death is OP as fuck in there.

Yeah, the biggest challenge for me at least was figuring out when to use my cooldowns. Even when i think i don't need them I ended up using them on a set rotation regardless to save some mana. Once the cooldown rotation was figured out, a few reforges/re-gems and I had it. If you're at 26 now I'm sure you'll get it pretty soon.

I've never been a big pver but I'm wondering why all the top guilds are pretty much horde. I'm a boomkin, do they even benefit much by going horde? I've always loved using my shadow meld as a vanish in pvp.

ZenaxPure

I've never been a big pver but I'm wondering why all the top guilds are pretty much horde. I'm a boomkin, do they even benefit much by going horde? I've always loved using my shadow meld as a vanish in pvp.

Horde have always had better dps racials. Top end guilds try to squeeze out as much efficiency as they can and racials are one avenue to do that. GC has said it's not really a problem since only top end guilds are doing it, but, they'd look into it if it became more of a common problem.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just installed oQueue... how does this work??

Click on the box, click on "find premade" and then filter the type you want from the drop-down list. When you find a thing you want to go to (and qualify for), press the wait list button and magic will happen.

Horde have always had better dps racials. Top end guilds try to squeeze out as much efficiency as they can and racials are one avenue to do that. GC has said it's not really a problem since only top end guilds are doing it, but, they'd look into it if it became more of a common problem.

No they don't. The best racials for every single class are Pandaren because Epicurean is completely overpowered. Its because people keep going "Alliance is for kids who like pretty races!" (Blood Elves are by far the most popular race on Horde)

Haven't really been playing much at all for the past three or four weeks so today I decided I'd finally hop into the first LFR wing. I get in right after the second boss it seems. The tanks run forward and one grabs the obvious trash while the other kamikazes off the side of the cliff to grab as much trash as possible and then types "brb". After we wipe he leaves. The solo tank says he'll handle things and just clear trash until another comes. He again grabs a small bundle of trash and I see a hunter fire willy nilly into other groups and again far too much trash comes and we wipe. We all get back up, heal, and the tank goes forward and this time decides to grab three groups of trash by himself. I pop all cooldowns and hit 600k DPS trying to burn through it as fast as possible and while we're on that trash of course someone else runs off and gets yet more trash so we wipe right as we're nearly done with the three groups the tank decided to grab on his own.

I left after that as my lack of enthusiasm so play a lot recently wasn't altered by that performance of the idiots in LFR. I'd hang around in trade and aim to get in a Flex group but I really just don't care all that much right now. My new job has made me much less interested in playing on weeknights and when the weekend rolls around I'm usually more interested in doing other stuff on my days off than playing a bunch of WoW to catch up.

My girlfriend is coming back to WoW this week after an eight month hiatus, though, and has talked about having me help her with stuff. Maybe that'll be enough to get me interested in spending time in the game and able to put up with the people in LFR. I swear ToT LFR wasn't full of as many idiots.

Ultratech

So yeah...I've decided that oQueue sucks.

Or at least random Flex groups anyways.

I guess I really don't have the patience to put up with stupid people.

Like I went into a group doing Dark Shaman, and after about over an hour of attempts on them, and I get kicked for not talking in Vent
(frankly, I really don't like to talk unless it's important; especially while tanking).

Shit just stresses me out.

But yeah, random groups really sour me out. -_-

Anyone bother with Brawlers guild still?

I just finally beat Hexos last night, Elemental Shaman with 510ilvl.

Quite amazing since I first tried it and how impossible it felt, and then given some practice/time I'm finally past that road block.

I really wish I had better gear to steam roll this place.. Still don't even have the legendary Meta gem yet :(

Bizazedo

So yeah...I've decided that oQueue sucks.

Or at least random Flex groups anyways.

I guess I really don't have the patience to put up with stupid people.

Like I went into a group doing Dark Shaman, and after about over an hour of attempts on them, and I get kicked for not talking in Vent
(frankly, I really don't like to talk unless it's important; especially while tanking).

Shit just stresses me out.

But yeah, random groups really sour me out. -_-

Dark Shaman strikes me as a brutal flex raid target right now if in a Pug. Can't wait to see it on LFR.

And try not to judge Oqueue based on Flex. It can be a very useful add-on, especially for world bosses.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Shaman strikes me as a brutal flex raid target right now if in a Pug. Can't wait to see it on LFR.

And try not to judge Oqueue based on Flex. It can be a very useful add-on, especially for world bosses.
I attempted Kor'kron Dark Shaman yesterday in a Flexible group. It didn't strike me as overly difficult in terms of mechanics, as long as you are quick on your feet. Avoid Toxic Storm and especially Foul Stream, then take down oozes as they spawn. We got them down to 25% and nobody used Ventrilo etc.

Unfortunately did the resolution I play in (now 800 × 600 as I can no longer get 640 × 480 working for some reason) and camera behaviour make it hard to see where tornados etc. were sometimes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rösti, I've always wondered... Is there a reason why you're not getting a sliiiightly better computer so you could at least run the game in 1999-resolution (1024x768) :D?

Like, even the garbage of all garbage computers should be able to run WoW on higher than 640x480!

mclem

So... one raid day left this week in the US, two in Europe. Think we'll make it out of the week without a dead Garrosh HC anywhere in the world?

Progress seems to have slowed heavily from about 10/14 onwards. US has two guilds on 12/14, but only one day to down two fresh HC bosses. EU has only one guild there (a few on 11/14), but two days.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti, I've always wondered... Is there a reason why you're not getting a sliiiightly better computer so you could at least run the game in 1999-resolution (1024x768) :D?

Like, even the garbage of all garbage computers should be able to run WoW on higher than 640x480!
Well, I haven't got much money so I can't invest in any greater hardware. But I've been thinking of getting a better motherboard (like ASUS M5A99FX PRO). And I think it should be compatible with my Athlon II X2 215 processors (and I've got a Radeon HD 6670 I bought a while ago). The resolution I play in isn't that important to me, frame rate matters the most, but it would surely be nice to get a clearer image.

Neki

Anyone bother with Brawlers guild still?

I just finally beat Hexos last night, Elemental Shaman with 510ilvl.

Quite amazing since I first tried it and how impossible it felt, and then given some practice/time I'm finally past that road block.

I really wish I had better gear to steam roll this place.. Still don't even have the legendary Meta gem yet :(

I just beat Hexos, only took me 40+ tries and 10 flasks, lol.

Tacitus_

Rösti;83271893 said:
I attempted Kor'kron Dark Shaman yesterday in a Flexible group. It didn't strike me as overly difficult in terms of mechanics, as long as you are quick on your feet. Avoid Toxic Storm and especially Foul Stream, then take down oozes as they spawn. We got them down to 25% and nobody used Ventrilo etc.

Unfortunately did the resolution I play in (now 800 × 600 as I can no longer get 640 × 480 working for some reason) and camera behaviour make it hard to see where tornados etc. were sometimes.

They pop BL at that point and start owning your tanks.

CassSept

So... one raid day left this week in the US, two in Europe. Think we'll make it out of the week without a dead Garrosh HC anywhere in the world?

Progress seems to have slowed heavily from about 10/14 onwards. US has two guilds on 12/14, but only one day to down two fresh HC bosses. EU has only one guild there (a few on 11/14), but two days.

It's a given. They are more or less doing good job on tough as nails final raid bosses so it would be surprising if Garrosh fell in just few hours. Paragons won't probably be pushovers either.

You've got to be kidding me with this Brewfest. I played during every Brewfest to date. I got my Ram in the first one when it still required daily grinding of coupons. This year, another Brewfest. First day, a Ram drops. Ugh. Great start. Today, ANOTHER RAM DROPS. I hadn't seen a single mount drop over the years and now it's raining rams. And all I want is a single stupid kodo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rösti;83272933 said:
Well, I haven't got much money so I can't invest in any greater hardware. But I've been thinking of getting a better motherboard (like ASUS M5A99FX PRO). And I think it should be compatible with my Athlon II X2 215 processors (and I've got a Radeon HD 6670 I bought a while ago). The resolution I play in isn't that important to me, frame rate matters the most, but it would surely be nice to get a clearer image.
Framerate is super important, definitely, but from the pictures you're uploading from time to time, I can barelt judge what's going on in them!

mclem

It's a given. They are more or less doing good job on tough as nails final raid bosses so it would be surprising if Garrosh fell in just few hours. Paragons won't probably be pushovers either.

If I were Blizzard, I'd make it so without any advance warning, when a guild downs Garrosh heroic... "HEROIC ELITE UNLOCKED". They can do it all over again in a version of the instance explicitly designed to be unfair :)

I mean, it's logistically tricky, given all the datamining, but the *label* already exists in the form of Protectors of the Endless loot, so if they could adjust pointers to point at that, it's just about feasible...

(More realistic, perhaps, is the notion of having timed challenge runs for guilds who do breeze through things that rapidly)

Kenai

No they don't. The best racials for very single class are Pandaren because Epicurean is completely overpowered. Its because people keep going "Alliance is for kids who like pretty races!" (Blood Elves are by far the most popular race on Horde)

Pandaren can't be every single class, and can also still be Horde too. Epicurean also isn't perfect (like being worthless after a battle rez, and I'm sure there's lots of deaths on progression). I like Epicurean so much because no matter what class or spec i get, it's going to apply to it and be awesome.

I'm not sure racial were the only reason, but I don't think it's purely a coincidence (like the prevalence of humans in PvP due to their racial).

Tacitus_

It's more about timing the clickable racials with other cooldowns so you get huge benefits since the racials are designed in a vacuum. On paper they're equal, but when you pop for example the orcs +sp/ap skill, a 2min class cd and have a trinket proc going on - maybe even a pot, you get far better results.

Bizazedo

They pop BL at that point and start owning your tanks.

We got past Dark Shaman in only two pulls last night although I credit a Flex raid a day earlier with 6 of our 10 raiders as a way to get us used to it (and that's why I think it's goin to be a brutal Flex PUG raid, the "extras" were two dps who were only pulling 100k dps and another who was barely 120k. And we were two healing it, which probably slanted my view).

I actually got dropped with them having 15 million HP left in Normal which left me howling to my co-tank "RUN! KITE THEMMMMMMMM" and we actually pulled it off. Then one shotted Nazgrim to end the night (Gamon died :( ).

Btw, Iron Juggernaut is awesome as a Warrior Tank. All the Crawler Mines, all of them I get.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I managed to catch a quick and dirty OQ flex sha of pride group last night, but no loot with a bonus roll. I want that damn eyeball staff, and the LFR version looks like ugly puke.

Tacitus_

We got past Dark Shaman in only two pulls last night although I credit a Flex raid a day earlier with 6 of our 10 raiders as a way to get us used to it (and that's why I think it's goin to be a brutal Flex PUG raid, the "extras" were two dps who were only pulling 100k dps and another who was barely 120k. And we were two healing it, which probably slanted my view).

I actually got dropped with them having 15 million HP left in Normal which left me howling to my co-tank "RUN! KITE THEMMMMMMMM" and we actually pulled it off. Then one shotted Nazgrim to end the night (Gamon died :( ).

Btw, Iron Juggernaut is awesome as a Warrior Tank. All the Crawler Mines, all of them I get.

You can actually cheese the "Gamon survives" achievement. When you've freed him and started heading down, jump off the ramp towards the tunnel entrance (skip pulling the big demon). Gamon won't die there and will be stuck fighting the trash. Then you can oneshot Nazgrim and get your cheevo points.

Fjordson

5/20 Secrets. Not bad for my first week!

I pray I don't have too many more steps like this, though (too scared to look it up on Wowhead). I like doing my weekly SoO flex run, but going back to ToT LFR for extra Secrets is brutal :lol.

Bizazedo

I managed to catch a quick and dirty OQ flex sha of pride group last night, but no loot with a bonus roll. I want that damn eyeball staff, and the LFR version looks like ugly puke.

What class?

I know one of our mages was pissed because it didn't show up on his loot table as being eligible for the rolls.

And it dropped normally, hilariously, but he lost the roll (everyone wanted it).

You can actually cheese the "Gamon survives" achievement. When you've freed him and started heading down, jump off the ramp towards the tunnel entrance (skip pulling the big demon). Gamon won't die there and will be stuck fighting the trash. Then you can oneshot Nazgrim and get your cheevo points.

I now consider you a hero. Hope they don't fix it before we go again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
5/20 Secrets. Not bad for my first week!

I pray I don't have too many more steps like this, though (too scared to look it up on Wowhead). I like doing my weekly SoO flex run, but going back to ToT LFR for extra Secrets is brutal :lol.

You have one more step that requires 12 items after this. Then another that will ask you to kill Lei Shen for his heart... the rest doesn't require you to do any raids.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You have one more step that requires 12 items after this. Then another that will ask you to kill Lei Shen for his heart... the rest doesn't require you to do any raids.

The drop rate on the 12 is even worse than Secrets though.

Loxley

Thank Christ for Alterac Valley Call to Arms, it's the only way I can ever get a lot of honor at a fast pace on the Alliance. This weekend I went from crappy heroic blues to pretty much full S14.

Yeah, it's not top of the line stuff, but man is it an improvement. I'm not constantly dying on the Timeless Isle anymore, on top of not getting my shit kicked in almost instantly in BGs.

Boogdud

Thank Christ for Alterac Valley Call to Arms, it's the only way I can ever get a lot of honor at a fast pace on the Alliance. This weekend I went from crappy heroic blues to pretty much full S14.

Which is why any horde with half a brain checks the opt out button in the queue. Why they never changed that map I have no idea.

Angry Grimace

Pandaren can't be every single class, and can also still be Horde too. Epicurean also isn't perfect (like being worthless after a battle rez, and I'm sure there's lots of deaths on progression). I like Epicurean so much because no matter what class or spec i get, it's going to apply to it and be awesome.

I'm not sure racial were the only reason, but I don't think it's purely a coincidence (like the prevalence of humans in PvP due to their racial).

They can't, but you don't see people stacking Pandas for the 7 classes they can be.

I don't think the racials are the reason really. The racials aren't very powerful in general; I think they just like being trolls and orcs.

Ultratech

Which is why any horde with half a brain checks the opt out button in the queue. Why they never changed that map I have no idea.

I miss weekends of AV where I'd get tons upon tons of Honor...

Then they went and changed how AV works. :(

The drop rate on the 12 is even worse than Secrets though.

Seriously, fuck Runestones.

At least it's a bit easier to get them now since they drop in the first two wings of SoO.

Loxley

AV in it's current form is such a relic of vanilla WoW, it's kind of funny. You can still collect armor scraps and turn in various other crap that drops off dead players to call in reinforcements, upgrade the guards that protect graveyards, etc. Heck you can still do the quests that require you get the banners from the caves and everything.

It's really surprising that AV has gone eight years essentially untouched, it's this weird window into the past. Man, on the rare occasions way back when Lokholar and Ivus + all 40 players from each faction would duke it out on the Field of Strife, talk about some epic shit.

07o0.jpg

It's trade-off though, sure AV's weren't as underwhelming as they are today - but fuck me they lasted way too long.

So I'm wanting to get back into playing WoW again. Last time I played was about a year after it was released, so a very long time ago. I don't have my old account anymore as I sold it. So my question is what is the best way to get back in without having to level up much or at all? Is there still a way to get a free lvl80 or anything like that?

Sigh. I wish there had been other avenues available to you so you would not feel compelled to do that, but unsure if you like pvp or were just trying to soak easy honor.

That was back before honor really got you anything. I was mostly in there just for rep and fun. I was usually fishing the opposing side pond, waiting for rogues to attempt a gank. Really, AV has now lost all appeal to me. It really feels like it's just there for farming honor now, where as it used to be a fun place to screw around in. Everyone did AV because the rep grind was so lucrative for pve players as well, so it was still a fun place even if you didn't have top level gear. They've taken everything other than the race out, which I think is sad.

Bizazedo

It's really surprising that AV has gone eight years essentially untouched, it's this weird window into the past. Man, on the rare occasions way back when Lokholar and Ivus + all 40 players from each faction would duke it out on the Field of Strife, talk about some epic shit.

It really was. Honestly, they should make a version that the bunkers are latticed and it's only for premades. The most fun PvP I ever had in WoW was world pvp roaming with a group of 5 and epic Guild vs Guild AV's on Stormreaver.

When two sides were using strategy it was an amazing thing.

Also, as an aside....I'm not sure if they still do, but did you know Ivus dropped rare rings? Not epic, but it was a shock when it happened.

Angry Grimace

So I'm wanting to get back into playing WoW again. Last time I played was about a year after it was released, so a very long time ago. I don't have my old account anymore as I sold it. So my question is what is the best way to get back in without having to level up much or at all? Is there still a way to get a free lvl80 or anything like that?

No, there isn't. You can get "refer a friend" bonuses that give you 300% XP, but the 300% XP is limited to while you're actually playing WITH the person who referred you.

Pretty much all of the content of the original game was redone in Cataclysm, so if you're looking for nostalgia of the original game, you might be disappointed (or not, Vanilla WoW leveling was brutal).

Week two of the Norushen roadblock. Our best has been 14%.

I am pretty sure it is a DPS issue. For those of you who are doing normal 25s and have downed him, do you have any idea of the DPS averages for your team?

Rokam

So decided to do the Celestial world boss on all most of my 90's this week even though I don't play them, went 5/6 on loot, 4 of which were tier pieces. I hope that luck transfers over once I can settle on a new main.

sqwarlock

So decided to do the Celestial world boss on all most of my 90's this week even though I don't play them, went 5/6 on loot, 4 of which were tier pieces. I hope that luck transfers over once I can settle on a new main.

I did the same on my 3 90s and went 0/6 on loot. I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom