• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Rogue is probably the most fun melee dps class in the game. Survivability, high burst and sustained dps and a useful raid cooldown? Yespls.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree. None of their abilities are fun to use, and the 3 specs all play very similarly and are quite boring in my opinion. Its fun to stealth around for a bit, but backstabbing/mutilating/sinister striking/ambushing someone all feels the same, and it certainly doesnt look as cool as shooting giant chaos bolts at peoples faces.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree. None of their abilities are fun to use, and the 3 specs all play very similarly and are quite boring in my opinion. Its fun to stealth around for a bit, but backstabbing/mutilating/sinister striking/ambushing someone all feels the same, and it certainly doesnt look as cool as shooting giant chaos bolts at peoples faces.

Agreed, animation/ability wise it's pretty bland.

I would definitely like some animations that play on how Rogues are supposed to be stealthy, fast, etc. Like I think Shadow Blades should have the Rogue being translucent and moving around for each meele attack coming it and out of Shadow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Agreed, animation/ability wise it's pretty bland.

I would definitely like some animations that play on how Rogues are supposed to be stealthy, fast, etc. Like I think Shadow Blades should have the Rogue being translucent and moving around for each meele attack coming it and out of Shadow.
Melee effects are actually pretty annoying.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've got 1 runestone off a non-lei shen boss already, so at least I'm guaranteed to be at least 6/12 this week!

JCizzle

Divine Storm still has the same effect now that it used to. Templar's Verdict has a very similar one, too.

Ah. I haven't seriously played my pally since early (?) WotLK when they first put it in. Played him for a few minutes recently and it seemed much less intense than I remembered.

mclem

Make sure your downstairs group is fighting in the flamestrike Aethas summons. It helps do damage to all of the adds.

I did a double-take there until I realised that on Alliance side, it's a Blizzard from Jaina.

Also, once the mini-boss in the tower is dead, the healer and the tank can leave immediately and come down to help. The remaining 3 should easily be able to deal with the remaining archers.

Yeah, we're doing all that, but it's still not really coming together - and frustratingly, I have no frame of reference for *why* - the fight appears to always start failing in the location that I'm not in.

We spent half of tonight's raid on it, but as the group became more and more suboptimal we switched to Flex and continued our progress on that, making it to a few pulls on Nazgrim before the night ended. He needs a bit of thought, I see. LFR is going to be hellish on him if they don't nerf defensive stance.

Anyhow, fresh week, fresh start!

Two hours 'til server reset here in Europe. Are Method still plugging away at Garrosh?

When I heard a guildie talk about his poisons ticking for 100k, that was the point where I decided I care nothing for the plight of Rogues as far as nerfs go.

Yes, I'm jealous.

God damnit double gold on 3 toons from celestials and I can't find a group for my 3rd toon for Ordos.

So what's the biggest multi-boxer on your guys' servers? There's one on mine that multi-boxes 28 toons at once.

Bizazedo

Saw the Satchel as a reward for tanking LFR tonight so I figured why the hell not.

One hilarious wipe later on Protectors, had to start spamming /RW with jokes and instructions constantly throughout the fight as well as explaining to the offtank what Gouge was and how to avoid it.

And then taunting He when he messed it up anyways.

After that, through frequent abuse of /RW spam I was able to guide "my children" as I called them through one shots on Norushen and Pride.

I know, it's LFR, but it was fun enough that I didn't even mind only getting gold and a Potion of Mogu Power from the satchel.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Yes! We beat Norushen with only the tank, a healer and 1 dps up just as the enrage hit. Fuck this fight!

We got two attempts at Sha of Pride in, bringing him down to 8%, since some people didn't clear and stack properly. The fight is a total joke in comparison to Norushen. We'll have it down later this week no problem.

Only done the last two bosses in the second part of LFR but both feel overtuned (especially Dark Shaman). It took 6 stacks of determination (I joined when they were at 3) to kill Dark Shaman because of people dying to basically everything. Nazgrim took 4 stacks because we hit enrage twice.

Big problem on shaman seems to be the amount of toxic storms and elemental walls keeping players from really moving out of the other hundred things on the ground. Problem with nazgrim is the health of his adds since it really makes it hard for LFR cats to make that enrage timer.

So far Ordos has dropped loot for me twice, got my head slot item from him today. Can't wait to upgrade it and put in a sinister gem. Like the way it looks as well

Big problem on shaman seems to be the amount of toxic storms and elemental walls keeping players from really moving out of the other hundred things on the ground. Problem with nazgrim is the health of his adds since it really makes it hard for LFR cats to make that enrage timer.

There's just too much shit going on for most LFR only people to avoid on Dark Shaman. We finally killed Nazgrim when I decided to tunnel him outside of defensive stance. Also for whatever reason Nazgrim killed my sound on the first attempt.

Acidote

We're gonna start seeing lots of trademarks for Hearthstone too in the near future. Probably after every major pack if they sell some retail stuff for the game.

CassSept

Heroes of the Storm would be a terrible expansion name anyway.

Paragons were already downed by Method. They either bugged them, ascended into SSJ4 mode, or Paragons are the easiest penultimate expansion boss.

Blizz does seem to overtune the second to last boss of an expansion. Still too early to gauge Paragon's but the most bitching I've seen of the second-to-last boss of an expansion (Ruby Sanctum doesn't count) is still M'uru.

CassSept

Blizz does seem to overtune the second to last boss of an expansion. Still too early to gauge Paragon's but the most bitching I've seen of the second-to-last boss of an expansion (Ruby Sanctum doesn't count) is still M'uru.

Well M'uru was ridiculous. My guild was stuck on him for 5 weeks before 3.0 hit and we couldn't progress the fight at all. There was a reason why he was called the guild destroyer.

Still, Spine hc was much harder than Madness hc too. And while not second-to-last, but rather third-to-last, Horsemen was far and wide considered the hardest boss of vanilla. ICC was the only end of expansion raid were LK was simply ludicrously beyond anything before him. That's why I'm surprised Paragons are down so fast.

mclem

Only done the last two bosses in the second part of LFR but both feel overtuned (especially Dark Shaman). It took 6 stacks of determination (I joined when they were at 3) to kill Dark Shaman because of people dying to basically everything. Nazgrim took 4 stacks because we hit enrage twice.

I was amazed during Dark Shaman (on Flex) on just *how* much stuff there was to avoid. The place felt ridiculously confined.

Bizazedo

I think another problem the new LFR's are going to have is that with the spread of ilvl between LFR to Flex to Normal to Heroic, a lot of the Normal raiders who might have used LFR to fill in holes and beef up the raids now simply won't.

Like, I've got items from Normal including my tier gloves. The only piece that remotely interests me in LFR is the tier chest off Pride and that's simply to get the tier 2 piece bonus. Level wise it's inferior to the Flex chest I have already.

It gets even worse when you consider Timeless Isle loot. Sure, it's budgeted like shit, but.....

So, tier pieces and potential transmogs are the only reason for me to enter into LFR because the ilvl is just thunderforged ToT. Alt spec too, perhaps, but then it gets into a debate of pain versus benefit.

On the bright side I'm a tank and can GREATLY influence how the LFR goes, but still.....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got to really hate Flex Norushen last night. Getting to him was a total cakewalk, but then we kept getting stuck at like 5% enrage timer wipes and with people dropping and finding new people, who themselves only stayed for one attempt, put me in a pretty sour mood. That timer seems a bit less forgiving in Flex than it should be.

It didn't help that the raid leader was doing absolutely pathetic DPS. Like, he was clearly doing something wrong, because he was under everyone other than healers for pretty much the entire raid and wasn't in greens or anything.

Jag

The next expansion should be called Burning Crusade 2.

That would be fine. When I go back to farm raids and such I'm reminded of how good some of the stuff they did was. Technically MOP is the best, but the content doesn't seem to have the depth of TBC and WOTLK.

Bizazedo

I got to really hate Flex Norushen last night. Getting to him was a total cakewalk, but then we kept getting stuck at like 5% enrage timer wipes and with people dropping and finding new people, who themselves only stayed for one attempt, put me in a pretty sour mood. That timer seems a bit less forgiving in Flex than it should be.

It didn't help that the raid leader was doing absolutely pathetic DPS. Like, he was clearly doing something wrong, because he was under everyone other than healers for pretty much the entire raid and wasn't in greens or anything.

Bolded the important parts.

At some point Blizzard has to make it somewhat requiring.

Anoregon

Bolded the important parts.

At some point Blizzard has to make it somewhat requiring.

True, but a few of us definitely seemed to be pulling enough weight to compensate for one dude who is terrible. And that's supposed to be part of the whole idea of flex, that one shitty dude doesn't necessarily bring down the whole raid.

TimeKillr

If you think flex Norushen is overtuned, you should see what it is in normal. Holy fuck is it MUCH MUCH harder.

We did flex last night with our raiding group just to help get upgrades, and we killed Norushen with a good minute remaining without trying too hard. Hell in a single night we got to and downed Iron Juggernaut (what a stupid easy fight that was).

If anything I find Flex to be ridiculously easy. LFR is tuned weirdly, though - Sha of Pride doesn't even have the tank swap mechanic, for one. Norushen has auto-other realm, etc. But Fallen Protectors still have their rez, Dark Shaman is stupidly hard, so is Nazgrim... It's just... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom